Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #4

Thanks for your advice lovely ladies, i really dont know what else to do, i am going to try to get a referall to tresillian and see if they can help me, if i thought he was just unsettled and whingy then it wouldnt bother me so much , i know that he is getting terrible wind pains cause he will be ok one minute and then break out into a scream the next and curl his little legs up into his chest, it breaks my heart.

i posted in the breastfeeding section and got a reply to say that maybe i have a quick letdown and because im persisting and keeping him on the breast he is getting too much and getting wind hence the pains! it does make sense, when i was in the hospital the midwives told me that a feed should last one hour. does this seem right?

Everyone is telling me to 'just put him on the bottle' but if i do that and i find out that its not really a feeding issue i will be devastated, i feel that when im feeding him its 'our' time, breastfeeding is the one thing that only i can do for my child and no one can take that away from me, i feel like if i put him on a bottle we wont bond. i know its silly and most of my friends bottle feed their kids and believe me they have all bonded with their children. I really dont know why i feel this way.

IK- what you said about your friends breastmilk sounds interesting, do you know how they discovered this? how do you test your breastmilk to find out if its an allergy? it would make sense though.

Bath - i know, my ticker picture says it all doesnt it? we hardly have any photos of him because whenever he is awake he is crying and they arent nice piccies to have. Most of our pictures are of him sleeping!!

Dee Don't be pressured into bottlefeeding if it's not what you want. What about a Lactation Consultant. They could help you with diferent positions and alternatives. They really can help you. And remember if you are worked up then baby will pick up on this and be worked up himself. Brianna my eldest was the same she screamed all day although she did sleep at night, but I did Co sleep too so that could have made a difference. But she would just cry and cry and I would just cry along with her. I ended up bottle feeding her as I put it down to not enough milk. But she thrived on formula. I wish I had a LC to help me work out the issues, maybe I would have fed her longer. Although when they say they grow out of it, it's true they do usually by three months.

Dee I really hope you work everything out and can still manage to breastfeed Let us know how you are going... has this been going on for long?? Maybe its a growth spurt or something?? Aneta was an angel , and for one week she was a devil.. wouldnt sleep , wanted food but pulled her head away when we gave her milk... wouldnt settle , and suddenly.. the angel returned ( well not really, but close enough ) ...

...as for Aneta , she now only sleeps on the couch.. yep. She wont sleep in the porta-cot , not in her bassinette.. nope.. only when we put her down on the couch - you can tell this baby is mine hehe.. already learning where its best

and me?? im having some issues with my period.. its extremely heavy , on another thread some girls have said they had this too - but usually my period finishes on the 5th day , its day 4 today and ive already had to change pants because i leaked everywhere. I change my pad everytime I feed Aneta .. and its blood-clots and all ( sorry about TMI )Went to a gp today and he said maybe i'll need an ultrasound as there might be something still left there grrrrrrrrr

hi to everyone and your babies!!

ETA... IK - 500 posts?? you geek
    Last edited by enigma; July 22nd, 2006 at 02:11 PM.

#karen# Guest

Dee - I went through the same thing with my 1st. People would tell me it will get better at 6 weeks, then it was 3 months then it was once he starts eating solids, then try bottle feeding...... I stopped breast feeding and the issues remained, at 6 months we went to tresillian and it was the best thing we ever did. I was suffering sleep deprivation and should have sought help a lot sooner. There may be a waiting list with tresillian so try ringing them soon. It's too stressful to continue the way you are. Lots of hugs to you.

Great to see you back Enigma Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend. Verity and I have been out shopping. Expressed a bottle before I left and Dh was feeding Niall when I returned 3 hours later so that went well. Went to the Target toy sale, bought a Thomas the Tank Engine Duplo (Lego) train set for Wade which I'll put aside for his birthday or Christmas... $12.00 off, not too bad at all! Also discovered (via the BellyBelly services directory) a fantastic warehouse pharmacy which is so cheap for everything baby-related! Wish I'd known about it with Wade when he was younger... could have saved hundreds... especially on formula after I weaned him at 9 months... my favourite brand (S26 Gold) was only $16 instead of $21 a tin there today... don't need it yet though. I notice it's in all states so check it out girls, it's called the Chemist Warehouse and trades as "epharmacy" (because you can buy goods from the online as well)... there's a link in the BellyBelly directory... I went to the Greensborough one today.

Wide Hips: I noticed a few of you are concerned about not being able to do up jeans yet. Don't despair and DON'T go out and buy pants for at least another 4/5 months if you can possibly avoid it! I did last time and wasted about $250! I bought about 4 pairs of pants because I was resigned to the fact that I'd increased a size after having Wade. Sure enough... 6 months later they were all sliding off me! It wasn't because I'd lost much weight it was more because my pelvis gradually went back to normal. remember that your skeleton adjusts over 9 months during pregnancy for birth and this won't go back to normal over night. I've lost a lot of weight since having Niall, but I'm wearing those pants that were eventually too big for me because my pelvis bones are still wider... enough to hold them up! I know that in a few months these pants will be too wide for me again and then I might as well give them away because i don't plan on being pregnant again. I plan to buy a new wardrobe during the January sales.

Feed time for Niall and he's woken up right on schedule!

Dee I really hope that you can get some help soon and sort out your little mite. He is a gorgeous thing incidentally and I am sure that you know that although at times he might look like the devil!!

We are also still having issues feeding and on the advice of my health clinic nurse I rang the only Lactation Consultant in town onyl to find out that she is on holidays! Am going to ring the local branch of the Aus Breastfeeding Assoc next week and see if they can give me any advice.

As for the size issue I totally agree with Bath. DO NOT go out and buy new clothes, I repeat DO NOT because you will eventually fit into your old ones. For some people it might take a few weeks (a girlfriend of mine came out of hospital wearing her fave pre-pregnancy jeans) or it might take a few months but as the commercial says It will happen. Dont put the pressure on yourself to lose the weight, there is enough else going on in your lives to worry about that as well.

As for me I am semi listening to my own advice, we are having Alex's christening in 2 months time down in Perth and I would like to look half decent for that!!!

Hey enigma I recently checked out your website and what a lovely looking family you and your partner and Aneta are! She is just divine!

littlerigger Guest

dee - good luck getting into tresillian. I really hope they can help you.

enigma - as you know I'm one of the ones with a strange period too. it's mirroring yours it seems. I called the midwives at my hospital & they said it sounded odd and to see if I could get to see my GP as they had a full to the brim birth suite. I called my gp who said it sounded normal to her and then told me to rest and see how it is monday so I'm about as lost as you. wonder if it has something to do with us bottlefeeding from so early?

bath - I checked out that pharmacy's website. looks good but they don't seem to have one near us I am lucky though, my formula (s-26) is always only $15 at Big W

clothes - I will have to buy some simply because I'm going back to work in october & I will need them. I was bigger about 3 months before I got pg but threw out all those clothes cause I lost so much weight they would "never" fit again and we weren't planning a baby!

tulip - I hope richard can give Lucas a feed so you can get some sleep. sleep deprivation isn't fun for anyone!!

my sister - some of you may remember my sister was o/d?? well she has finally had her baby. 2 weeks, 2 days o/d caesar after a failed induction. Angus refused to engage at all and after 24 hours labour she was still only 1cm dialated. 22/07/06 8lb 13oz 36.5cm head.
    He's 9oz heavier than Ryan but 3cm shorter. A very chunky man!!

Candy - yep , im holding out till Monday too - the gp gave me prescriptions for some hormone antibiotics that are meant to stop the bleeding , but ive got enough hormones in me thank you very much ... might have something to do with the bottlefeeding , because the first thing i was asked was if im breastfeeding or not when i called the healthcare line... hmmm... lets hope it goes away , so much for being happy about not having a period for 9 months.. it comes back like this! pfft !...

Bath - thanks so much for the advice. Ive been a bit down about my weight aswell. Was going to go back on one of my stupid diets that I always overdo. But your right , it takes 9 months for our body to adjust to pregnany , its only logical it will take just as long for things to settle..

Gabysmum - thanks Unfortunatly they are the only family pics we have because DH hates photos and no matter what I cant convince him to appear in some more grrr..

ok.. im off to have a shower and try make myself look more human like!

Hi to everyone

Hello everyone!!

I've also been AWOL or MIA (according to Jo) 'cause I've been busy going out, housework and general social catch ups!

Clothes: I've been wearing my old maternity jeans too 'cause I've still got a belly - in fact I could pass for being 5 months pregnant! A real pity 'cause we have a ball to go to on Saturday 29th and I'll look fat in my flapper dress. (its a 1920's theme). Which reminds me I guess I'd better start sewing it today as I only cut it out last night.
    Anyway does your pelvis still move when you've had a c/s and skipped the labour part? I think my hips are the same size.

Co-sleeping: My SIL does this and she's a size 18-20! I don't know how her baby hasn't had any mishaps so far. I couldn't 'cause I take medication but there isn't much room in our bed 'cause Matt travels in it (from here to Tasmania I swear!). I tried putting her bassinette in our room in the mornings but Matt doesn't like it much. I agree its up to the individual but I've come across a lot of unhappy stories at work where mother's have smothered their babies or baby has died due to overheating of bedclothes.

Tanya: HOpe the BF is going better than before, maybe you could top up with a bottle? Is something you may want to try. Oh yeah I sent you a PM want to know who did your photos they're soooo cute!

Candy: Yeah nearly finished knitting the poncho too. Haven't got a digital camera but I'll take a pic of the pram blankie when I buy another roll of film. Matt reckons it looks a bit gaudy since it's 4 coloured, light purple, light pink, blue and dark pink. I think its great I acutally finished it so I don't care what he thinks!

HAnds and feet prints: So what's the go then do you wait for baby to wake up for this? I was thinking of trying it. Any hints??

Aleise has been sleeping alot lately and she's doing rather well. I find a good sleeping tool is the TOMY dream music box. We put her down in her bassinette, turn it on and she's out within 5 minutes! I recommend it! Matt reckons it secretly spills out drugs or something its that good! Her stats are almost the same as Nixon's Nic!! . She weighs 4.1kg though. Head 37.5, length is 56cm. I hope she can wear her 000 clothes soon 'cause she's got heaps of them!

BTW: Anyone had probs with haemorroids (sorry if TMI) I think I'd better go to the doc soon.

Happy belated birthday Bathsheba! Hope it was a lovely day for you darls.

Welcome to LisaS you'll find we're a friendly lot.

Jess: how are things going? you're in my prayers sweetie. Hope Patrick comes home really soon you've been through enough.

Well not much else to say - better do some housework and try get Matt to help me with dishes today. Also gotta give poppett her bath so I'll sign off here.
    Take care all.

Neeny xoxo

hi Neeny
    We did the hand and foot prints for Aneta when she was 2 weeks old ( or roughly around that age )... she was sleeping when they took her hands for it.. ( just put it in some clay and wrapped in gladwrap for a few seconds ) ... she woke up when it was time for the feet to be done , so i just fed her while the lady put her foot in the gladwrap & clay... all up took about 15 minutes... we still have to go and pick them up though... it cost $160 for two hands , two feet and a photo on the side.. in a frame.

thanks heaps for all your hugs and advice, im pleased to say that i had a really good day with him yesterday and last night was good too, he is waking every three hours for a feed and im leaning back when i feed him so he is almost laying on top of me and as soon as he pulls off i go and change him and offer him the second breast and if he doesnt want it i dont force the issue, maybe i was forcing him to have too much??
    he still had a bit of a whinge last night around 11pm to 12am but no where near as bad as the screaming we are used to.

im not getting my hopes up just yet, we have had visitors for the last couple of days so im thinking that he is being on his best behavior for them, they left at lunch time today so we will see what the night brings, so far so good though.

im still going to get my referral to tresillian and if things get heaps better then i wont go but its good to know that ill be going if things dont improve.

Clothes - i havent gone out and bought anything new yet, im still wearing my maternity jeans too. i cant fit into any other pants, i put on 22kg when pregnant and have so far only lost 10kg. im not too worried if i dont lose it all as i was a bit underweight before i fell pregnant so im hoping to maybe lose a few more and that will do me, i do still have a belly though and im not happy about that oh and stretch marks!!! AAAAAH

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

enigma - LOL at Aneta sleeping on the couch!!! Lachlan sleeps in his rocker on the floor next to my side of the bed!!

Good afternoon... DD and DH gone to the football... both boys asleep. Niall was quietly alert for 2 hours this morning! And also more awake yesterday... finally he is "coming out of his shell". He is still quite settled... he often has a fussy time after his 3am feed now but doesn't last too long (about half an hour) this will probably get worse (longer) but I'm feeling very rested in general and kinda prepared for it. He only fusses when he's not being held and could be wind.

Only just filled out his birth registration! How slack is that? For ages I couldn't decide whether to get a commemorative one the same or different to the other children... decided to stay with the same design afterall. Perhaps it's just in Victoria but I read somewhere that the cost of registering a birth went up as of the 19th of June! Bummer... I backdated the registration form that we were given in the hospital so maybe it might get through.

Lovely to see you again Neeny... good to see you're holding Aleise in your avatar now

That's great news Dee... hope he continues to settle... see, it just might have been a growth spurt or that your milk was flowing too fast. I've noticed too that Niall doesn't like it when my milk sprays out. It's frustrating because you just want to shove it back in their poor little mouths to stop it making a mess everywhere but then they end up choking. I think it's best just to hold a breast pad over it until it settles down. I often express it off with the pump... but sometimes I just couldn't be bothered... ugh, my sheets are ending up a mess every morning. Previously I used to wear a bra to bed with pads until I read that that can lead to blocked milk ducts and mastitis which I had with DD... so now I just wear a T-shirt to bed which ends up with a wet patch but I certainly don't want mastitis again! I know my milk production will settle down anyhow, it's over-the-top ATM because of all the extra pumping... but I've got a great frozen supply now... got to take back the pump tomorrow... can't afford to keep it longer... though I guess we'd find the money if I really needed it.

Ok... still in PJs again... better go have a shower before the boys wake up.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi girls,
    Sorry I've been tied up!
    Jess - Hugs to you honey, I hope Patrick comes home from the Hospital soon. I read lots of past post but I don't know what is wrong with him? Can someone let me know?

Dee - sounds like things are a little better for you, but I look forward to hearing what Trisillian say to you and if there is a waiting list? Would you try to stay overnight in Sydney?

Tulip - your photos are amazing!!!!

New Clothes - I'm still in my PJ's and to go out I put on my maternity jeans, no rush to buy new clothes, thankfully it is winter and I can cover a fair bit up.

Dark line on tummy - mine is still VERY noticible, all the way up to my boobs - has anyone's faded yet????

Baby girl is up and crying, must go, hugs to all.
    luv
    CC

Bleeding - when does it stop? It has been 16 days since birth?

Cee-Cee: I am still spotting and Tori is over 4 weeks old now, I think the bleeding can last up to 6 weeks

Bath- We paid $50 for Tori's Birth certificate, and that included a standard certificate and a cememorative one as well. To just get the normal one was going to be $40 so we decided for the extra $10 we would get both.

Dee- Glad to hear that Lochie has been doing slightly better- good on you for perservering with the breast feeding, hopefully things will sort themselves out really quickly.

Neeny- I hear ya on the haemorroids, I have gotten some cream for mine but am a bit slack putting it on. I cant believe how painful they are.

Tanya- Maybe just get some new clothes from somewhere like Crossroads or Supre where they are not so exspensive and hopefully they will tie you over for a few months. I had to get a couple pairs of pants and a couple of tops because I had NOTHING at all to wear, and the clothes I wore during pregnancy were just old clothes I had from before I lost weight. I will hopefully be in better shape by summer so I can get some new clothes then.

Well we have had a really unsettled baby for the last 24 hours, we took her up to the country to a family 21st on Saturday and since then I have had a really hard time settling her and putting her down. Last night she only slept in 2.5 hour stints, and today she will go to sleep while i am cuddling her but she will not let me put her down. I am seriously thinking of investing in a sling so that Ican still do stuff at home when she wont let me put her down. I have a baby carrier like the baby bjorn, but I think a sling would be more appropriate for promoting sleep. Does anyone else use a sling and what type would you recommend?

Anyway Munchkin awake again after 10 mins sleep, I might take her in the shower and get her to relax.

Clothes - If you really need to get a couple of items to spruce up a temporary wardrobe, get thee to Kmart and Myer. Cheap clothes that will tide you over till the next season when you're smaller again I have a small supply now of crossover tops that serve well during the day...and I keep them on to wear with my PJ pants at night for quick night access! Myer has some basics tops for $10, so I have some of them, too.
    Ali - can personally recommend the Hug a Bub - don't know of any sling that will hold your baby closer to you, and Oscar knocks off to sleep SO quickly in it. You can tuck them right in so that when you move or bend over you don't have to have a free hand to keep hold of them.
    Cee Cee - my linea nigra is still there
    Milk spurting - I let this go and don't reattach Oscar till it has stopped pouring either into an Avent storage cup or onto a towel! There's no point trying to get him back on cos it's too slippery, and too voluminous for him to cope with. And I know there's plenty more milk where that came from, too.
    Oscar is crying now and DP is trying to comfort him - I'll see if I can be of any assistance, without stepping on any toes

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Thanks Ali re: bleeding... best go out and buy some more pads!!!re: your sling question, last week I used a sling someone gave me, and within minutes my baby girl was asleep in it! So that afternoon I put her in it again and she was asleep within 5 mins... I tried again two nights ago and it did not work, so it is no miricle cure, but it did help my back (better than walking the halls patting - as I walked the halls swinging).. Mine is called 'Slingalong', not sure where my friend bought it from, but I dont' think it was expensive? Maybe you could buy one off Ebay? As I think they only last a few months (then baby is too big)... Good luck, hope Tori calms down a bit till then.

IK - I thought the Hug-a-bub looked too hard to put it on. The shop assistant at baby Co did not know how to work it and it all looked way to complicated... The sling does get in the way a bit, but it only takes a few seconds to put baby in (and it was free)... He hee

PS does anyone know how I can change my aviator?
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; July 23rd, 2006 at 07:32 PM.

Happy Birthday Tanya- Hope you enjyed sharing your birthday with your DH and Lucas

Hi Everyone,

just quickly letting you know we are back, had a great time (besides their being next to no snow) and Ive just caught up on the last 4 days worth of posts and will post properly tomorrow when i have a chance!
    speak soon

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast