Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #45

Hiya girls - another late night/early morning one from me - can't sleep again!
    Bath I have a midwives appointment at 9.15am - will you be around this morning, say at 10am - could drop by for a cuppa sans Flynnie!!

Well, Kate and Tim are on their way to the Melbourne Zoo today with the school and I'm just going to bum around until 11, when I head to Euroa with the other children. Electrician is coming about lunchtime so no idea when I'll be heading home yet.
    Been having some trouble with a person harassing Shazz but have spoken to L***(her brother) and explained the situation and that seems to have calmed her down a bit. Kate's relationship with L*** is getting better, he txts her every afternoon to see how her day was and if we have time, we try to ring him every morning so she can say good morning.
    Dh is working today, so he left early to get to work so he can get all the paperwork done before the rush start.
    The puppies( yes plural!) are doing well. Shazz bought his brother so now we have two pups living with us. Tax and Bangers!
    OK, better go and get the kids ready. All the housework has been done and I will come home to a clean house!
    Catch yous all.
    Rory- Wow only 19 days to go!!!!!!!!!! Not long now!

Rory- I feel for you hun, it so hard at this time so close to your due date and not been able to sleep I always say thats why God made us with extra small bladders in the latter parts of pg so that we can get use to waking up for a crying baby. not long to go now and you will have a wonderful new baby to cuddle. fingers crossed for saturday I hope you get to watch all of the show.

Jess- dont know how you are doing two puppies at once glad it you and not me lol not that I'm much better we got our two dogs a mth apart but that was BC dont know if I could cope now..

Well we went to DS school disco last night and it was the 1st disco that he went to without hanging around me like a sticky fly. He went of and played with him mates. I dont know if it was because DH was there this time or that he found his friends from class, but whatever the reason I was soooo happy to see my shy boy becoming more conferdent ( sorry cant spell) and leaving my side.yippppy. shame cant be said for mayleaka she was a royal pain in the bum, wouldnt dance even with her daddy just sat around with a sad face. Cant have it all I guess.
    DH got his nose out of joint just a little bit because one of the dad's from DS class was talking to me and he thought that this said dad couldnt stop looking at my chest but like I said to him I was sitting and he was standing so of course it would look like that, if he was so worried then he should have come over and sat next to me and started talking to the man. lol they can be so silly some times

well hope everyone has a good weekend, we are going to put up the tree this weekend gee I wish I could get a real one they at least smell like christmas next year is what I keep telling myself.

Ha! Tali! Silly men! It wouldn't worry DP, who only ever seems to take notice of me when someone else says something about how I'm looking. He takes it for granted that I would never have anyone else (and that's an accurate assumption, actually!), so it puts him in the comfort zone of not even bothering to appeal to me anymore, or ever worrying that I'll go off with someone else...hmph!
    Rory - At least you don't have to go through a whole summer of this weather being pregnant - it was bad enough being in the first and second trimesters with the heat we had back then.
    Bath - with my foray cut short, I'm happily 'back' here with people who think I'm the whacko LOL! I don't think I've ever felt so conventional in my life...
    Nic - how are you getting on with your feeding? Still winning?
    Oscar is outside in the nude draping dog leashes on the dogs - they've learned not to get too excited about seeing the leash when Oscar has them, cos all he does is drag them along the floor, waving them at the dogs to give them false hope of a walk. Sadly, they haven't been walking since we were camping, and at least they get human interaction with us.
    Oscar has just done a poo on the deck and Coco has helped clean it up...ewwwwwww. Still, it's far less work than when he's got nappies on!

Can't stay but: Rory! Oh no! I have only just turned on the 'pute now missed seeing your message! Drats, I got all keen and cleaned the house this morning 'cos verity is home (report writing day at her school) and she was keeping Wade entertained all morning... just dropped him off at Kinder... got somethings to do before i collect him so gotta dash! Ciao Bellas!

Hello,

Mel- oh thats great yor v happy with the school you have chose for Chelsea sounds really good.

Had a fun and full on couple of days. my gf from melb came up with her 13m twin girls! it was so great to see them, they are at the age that Nixon was when we all seen each other last. amazing how fast hey grow! Anyway so between the 4 of them it was a mad house!

bf- happy to report all is still going well! Im using a nipple sheild, but dont even care he is getting the boob so happy with that. However i suspect another reflux baby on my hands. he is showing all the same signs as Nixon did. took him to gp this week who didnt wanna perscribe anything just yet but i know its reflux ive been down this rd before.
    MCHN came again today and was so happy when i told her he was feeding! He lost 70g since last week so maybe a combo of just bf and the spewiness has contributed to that.
    He is STILL a bit jaundice and im just a bit worried that its lingered on. so many ppl have checked and said yes he is a little but not too bad, but i would have tought after 5weeks it should be gone??

Tounge tie- gp agreed its slightly but not willing to do anything about it. Maya your right about having to shop around" he rekons they dont usually do it till later. i told him i know babies who have had it done early on but he told me to see my paed. well that paed didnt think anything either so dunno if i should persue anymore or not seings he is now feeding ok?

had the most difficult day today just going to the park! Nixon kept running off way to fr, trying to chase after him whilst feeding Tyron, it was hot nd sticky and flies galore, Nixon pooed, then he got a fat lip from trying to climb up the slipery dip, then Tyron wouldnt let me put him down, whilst Nixon tumbled down a steep hill and banged his head on the slip dip again so HOME we went lol!
    but even once getting home it was full on until finaly at 3pm Tyron was content and i could have lunch.. ahh the joys.....

Rory - at least it must be nice and peaceful when you are up? The hot weather prob isn't helping either. Hope you manage ok next week when the scorcher days hit. Stay indoors and keep cool.

Jess - bet the kids have a ball at the zoo, its so fantastic now since they have done the renovations. Thats excellent news about Kate and her dad, I hope it continues to get better for both of them. You must have the patience of a saint to have 2 puppies + 6 kids! Good luck.

Tali - how funny, a school disco already! Did anyone dance? Thats so good that he is getting more confident and able to hang out with his friends. He prob knew you weren't far away if he needed you. Men are always jealous, funny how they freak out about things like that. Men can chat to women and vice versa without any funny business going on. He might be more sensitive than most being away alot.

Maya - you always have some very funny poo stories lol!!!! Coco might not have the nicest smelling breath for a while!

Nic - wow, having 4 kids in the house would have been fun. Bet they had a ball. Great news that the bf is still going well. At least with the reflux, you have been there before and know what to do. Don't know much about jaundice, did you ask your gp? Maybe you should try another paed regarding the tongue tie? Someone should listen to you. Your park day sounds like hard work, usually when one thing goes wrong, it all goes downhill from there. I am sure you next visit won't be so action packed!

Its been a very hot day today, hotter than expected. My air con is not working but hopefully the guy will be here Monday to fix it just in time for the real hot days. I have been spoilt for too long and hated not having it on today. The house is still very stuffy. We have lots of windows in the back of the house so it heats up pretty quickly. Was so unmotivated today so didn't do too much, Chelsea had swimming and that was it. Had to go shopping tonight for a b'day present as Chelsea has a party to go to tomorrow morning at a farm so that should be fun. Marley has been enjoying nudie time today and is obsessed with her belly and her belly button! She just wanders around patting it, looks very funny!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Maya - Thank God my dogs arn't the only gross ones around!! I think its one of their fav treats lol ok before I write this I warn you it may be too much info for those who dont have dogs...

I have a friend who was tring to train her DD as she was 3 and still doing poo's in her undies, anyway she was outside playing when she started to cry and scream so my gf went over to see what the problem was to find her dog licking her dd's bum as the poo came out her poor little girl was so grossed out and upset that she never poo her pants again, so there is always a bright side to the poo outside it could train your kids lol.

Mel- hope your air con works soon it the busyest time up here for fridgies they are alway run of there feet having to fix the air cons that haven't been turned on for 9mths. Have you checked the filter(sp?) as if blocked with dust that will stop it working and check the unit on the outside as they can get wasp nests in the back plus dirt so it might just need a hose out.

Nic - you made me tied just hearing about your day at the park makes you wonder why you both sometimes it will get better you just have too wait untill they are a little bit older. All my children have had jaundice but only my son was put under the lights at day 4 the girls just were sleepy babies and needed a little more sun, But I would have thought it should have cleared up by now, so maybe ask someone.

Well we are off to the shops today to get some christmas lights for the tree realised last night that we only have some for outside and DH didn't want to rap that many around the tree. will take a photo when the kids have finish the decorating today.

must go and shop now, catch you all later, have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    He is STILL a bit jaundice and im just a bit worried that its lingered on. so many ppl have checked and said yes he is a little but not too bad, but i would have tought after 5weeks it should be gone??
    Hun if you are worried tell your GP that you want a LFT blood test done on Tyron. It might show that his blood levels are just a touch down and he might need a top up transfusion.

Sorry, just quickly again!
    Nic - see if you can find a female GP who can do the snip for you. Maybe it's a guy thing - have never breastfed and will never have to weigh up the 'cons' of the snip compared to the pro's of it. There ARE no cons, by the way - there is no nerve reception there, there is a TINY bit of blood at this age and the con of NOT doing it is that even a slight TT can cause speech impediments later that require speech therapy later on!! People who are against TT snips at this age are either suckers for punishment or ill-informed. MEN don't have to think about the nipple damage and that effing horrible 'pinching' feeling during just about every feed. The two GP's I approached last year were both female, just that one was local and ended up being able to do it two days sooner than the other. I would suggest calling a women's hospital or women's health centre - someone there will be able to do it, surely. I was told Oscar had only a slight TT, and it was on that basis that I was willing to get the snip done for him. As it turns out, by the time the GP saw it, she said it was not a 'slight' one and she would have snipped it on day one. So, you never know! It could mean you could stop using the nipple shields (which, if you need them is perfectly according to me, and if you are able to simplify things further, then that's better). So, take home message: keep looking, sweetheart!

eeish... um i'm not sure what to say..... maybe nothing is best at this point in time.

DH took Tyron up to the docs on Sat, they took a heel ***** and he said they would get the results in the evening and if it was of concern doc would ring. it was a diff doc to the one i have seen but at the same surgery dh asked about TT and he too wasnt willing to d anything, so maybe your right Maya i need to find a female. I also want some meds for reflux and annoyed none of them want to prescribe anything. he's my son and i know whats wrong with him!!

Tali - how does the tree look? I got DH to take the filter out of the air con and clean it as well as the outdoor fan part. It all looks ok, thanks for the suggestion. One of our plumber friends (who can't fix refrigerated systems, damn it!) said it might need re-gasing. Hope the guy turns up tomorrow, its going to be 37!!!

Maya - excellent suggestion!

Nic - keep hunting, I'm sure you will find an understand female gp who will listen to you. My GF is having the same trouble with getting reflux meds, they are very reluctant to prescribe them and she has been back and forth for ages trying to get something more substantial than the stuff she has been using. Maybe a new gp is a good idea? Good luck and keep pushing!

Very busy weekend. Chelsea had a party at farm on Saturday, it was fantastic and she had her first pony ride! I thought she would be scared but she was beaming from ear to ear while on the cute little pony. We went on a train and nearly got attacked by a nasty flock of geese (creepy things they are!). Then we had a housewarming later that day. Kids were so good, esp Marley. She had a ball on the trampoline with either DH or I holding her or standing very close. Then she loved playing in the ice bucket and came out with the coldest hands lol! It was such a mild night out, great night for a party. Today we just took it easy as both kids were still a bit tired, even though it wasn't a really late night.

Just made a yummy batch of bikkies as my GF is coming over tomorrow for lunch. Hope the Melb girls stay cool tomorrow, its going to be a scorcher! And pray that the air con man comes!!!!

Ladies, I feel like it is a good time for me to step away for a while. Things are not around here atm and ppl are starting to crack. I love you all, but after a post was put in without my permission, I feel like my safety area has been breached.
    Those girls who have my number, feel free to ring me and of course my email address is always available!
    Love to all of you and I will be popping in to see how our pregnant mummies are!
    I'm going to miss you all.

Jess I wish you all the best and hope things get sorted out really soon, I did read that post and I hope that you and DH are able to spend some time together and get things work out for both your sakes and the sake of your kids. Look after you!

Things here are good, I am so glad that I am not working anymore, and trying to keep myself busy (without over doing it) so that time ticks by not to slowly. I am getting really anxious to meet my little man, see what he look like etc etc, but I know that all in good time. I am trying hard to spend lots and lots of quality time with Tori, and she is doing really well other than cutting teeth.

Bath- You have inspired me to start getting my christmas cooking ready, I have my fruit soaking in brandy for my Chrissy cake, and I am starting to collect the ingredients for goodies for my christmas hampers, there are some fabulous recipes in the recipes thread for things to put in there.

I hope everyone is well!

I have also put up some new photo's of Tori in the gallery and posted my 35 week belly shot.

rory- you ahvent been on for a while, wondering how you are going.

Jess- i understand how you must feel, i hope you ad dh can sort things out soon and sill pop in and update us maybe witout going into detail about dh etc? i doubt my dh would like some of the things i've said on here about him either!

Ali- going to check out your pics now

I got my first smile from Tyron today!! he was very cute and gooing and gahing at me! hasnt happened again since thismorning but he has been trying very hard to! now the hard task of trying to get a pic of it!

'Afternoon girls... hot Bring on the rain tonight! Going to keep it brief again 'cos Niall, like Oscar, is liking me being on here less and less and he is very familiar with the "off" button on the 'pute tower now.

Maya: great advice to Nic!
    Nic: Follow Maya's advice.... find a female paed. But great work with the BFing!
    Mel: I hope your a/c is fixed now. I went to the movies on Sunday (saw Cate Blanchetts' Elizabeth) to escape the heat... interesting movie... not brilliant but hit the spot, it was the kind of thing I felt like seeing.
    Jess: uh oh... I gather your DH made the post? I'm surprised my DH hasn't tried that stunt. Sending calm vibes your way
    Rory... are you still around?.... on my way to read your journal now to get the latest!
    Tali: you made me laugh with your poo story too! LOL!

Geeze, Niall is pulling at every cord he can get his mits on! Grrrrr.... Hi to everyone I missed! Better go!

Jess - I hope things settle down for you.

Ali - those last few weeks get so exciting, but the time will fly. Its so nice that you can spend some quality time with Tori and I bet she loves it. Will have to check out the recipe thread, I have been planning some goodies from the Better Homes & Gardens mag. I saw your pics, Tori is so cute, I just love her hair! And your belly shot - you look amazing! I think I was that big at 20 weeks with Marley!!!!

Nic - how gorgeous, keep that camera ready! Those first smiles are just so precious.

Bath - good idea going to the movies. I heard Elizabeth hasn't been getting such good reviews. Did you see the first one? Air con man was supposed to come tomorrow (after the heat wave!) but rang DH and said he could come today. Luckily BIL was available to come over and let him in. Its all fixed, only took him 30 mins. Just in time for the heat on Sunday/Monday. It was horrid in here yesterday, so stuffy. I couldn't live without my air con! Thankfully I have my tower on the desk where little fingers cannot reach lol!!! I'm sure she'll work out how one day.

Well finally I have heard another word from Marley. She can say "cheese" but it comes out more like "sheeze"! She then goes to the fridge and just stands there waiting for me to get the cheese slices out. She is addicted to them. So glad I was at work today, it was nearly 30 by the time I got to work at 8.30am. Its raining nicely outside and so cool. I have all the windows and doors open and a beautiful breeze is blowing. Nice that we have a cool day tomorrw.

Well girls I'm sorry I've not been online alot lately, but I will be offline for who knows how long, until the new house gets internet connection (long story). So hope to be back soon, will miss you all. See you on the flip side.

hugs xoxo

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast