Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #45

oh good luck with the move amanda, arrrggg i know how hectic moving is and not having internet connection sucks!

How cute Mel- Can Marley eat the normal cheese slices or are they different? Just thinking of her allegies, btw how are they going?

Blurgh - I've had Oscar's gastro I took him to the doctor yesterday and whilst we were waiting (for AGES), I started to feel worse and worse until I could barely move to contain Oscar (who, by the time the doc cam out, was sitting by himself in a chair, he must have understood my situation cos he's never that compliant!). In the doc's office I thought I was going to faint or throw up. I did neither, but lay on the bed there for a bit and called my dad to collect us and drive us home (mercifully, he was in the area, as MIL was too far away, so now I feel guilty that I didn't try calling my dad before MIL! I didn't tell my dad that I called MIL first, though...I think I'm rambling...). DP didn't respond to my text asking him to leave work to help me with Oscar and even when I called him from bed, when my dad left, he said he'd be leaving work soon (he had been picked up for work that day and I was hoping he could take a cab home or something). 2 hours later he came home, smelling of beer - I guess the carload must have had a discussion and decided that a trip home had to involve a pub stop and that I could wait. Luckily for all of them Oscar had fallen asleep with me and woke up just as DP walked through the door. I was NOT impressed. But he knows this and if he reads this then it's nothing new. Oh, and he's home today to help me with Oscar Anyway, this has really stuffed up my week, I've got a big party on tomorrow night at the fire brigade and I just can't get to my manager's place to organise prize draws etc, it's all going to have to be last minute tomorrow!
    Anyway, Ali, can't believe it's 35 weeks already! Must check out your pics, too.
    Bath - I had been wanting to see that film, disappointing that it doesn't have rave reviews...oh, well, I'll find some time to see it if you say it was watchable!
    Nic - Did you manage to get a pic?
    Mel - if we lived off the mountain, I'd have aircon for sure, too! I"m so glad I got the AC fixed in my car last summer, for Oscar's sake. I'm a 'windows down' driver, but I can't impose that on Oscar on the really hot days if there's an AC button I can press.
    Amanda - we await your next post! Good luck with the move!
    Jess - thinking of you

Ali -That can not be the size of you tummy its soooooooo small I look the size of a house by this stage! so you have to tell me all you secrets so the next time I have a baby I too can have a small very cute Hollywood tummy.

Amanda- good luck with the move hope you get to re-connect soon as we will miss you

Jess- hope all works out with you soon, I feel I have missed something somewhere but my blond brain just cant work out what. hope you feel like you can post again soon.

Bath- LOL that what Kai has been doing to me and its always just as I was about to hit the post button grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well our tree is up and the kids have done a really good job! haven't posted any photos yet as I need to charge the batterys but will take some tonight when DS is home. There are a few rips in the presents already but off course Zayden and May are telling me it Kai or our cat shame they all seem to be the ones that have there names on them.lol
    hope you all have a good day.

Maya Hope you are feeling better soon. arnt men hopeless I bet you when he gets the bug ( which he will if its in the house) he will be a bigger baby than Oscar maybe you should go to the pub for an hour when he gets sick and leave him to deal with oscar aswell, but no you know they wouldnt cope plus you couldnt be that mean to your son lol
    Last edited by New Dawn; November 21st, 2007 at 10:05 AM.

Amanda - good luck with the move, I hope you get your internet connection soon.

Nic - Marley's dairy allergy has gone, thankfully! She was retested at 13mths and it had gone, so she can eat normal dairy now. She certainly loves it, she ate 3 cheese slices today! She still has an allergy to eggs, which gets retested when she's 2. She also is highly allergic to cashews, but we are lucky as cashews are in many things as they are too expensive, we just ensure we have no cashews in the house.

Tali - funny how they always blame the younger one LOL!!!! But even funnier that its their presents with the holes in them.

Maya - not the dreaded gastro bug! My brother had it last week and then both his kids got it and last of all his wife got it. Hope you and Oscar are feeling better today and you get your party stuff sorted. Big naughty to DH for heading to the pub! I'm sure he won't be doing that again. I don't mind the heat, but when it gets to ridiculously high temps like Monday and Tuesday, its just too hot. At least the mountain stays relatively cool. Get well soon.

It has been raining all day and its so nice to have it cool again. Only raced up the shop earlier to get lunch and it was pouring. My garden is loving it. MIL is taking me to the David Jones VIP night tonight, so hopefully I might find some bargains. Don't have much xmas shopping to do so might have to buy some things for myself.

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! I have finally got the top score for Mahjong (650), I have been trying to beat Yael's score for ages and I finally did it. Now where will the fun be LOL!!!!!
    Last edited by MelS; November 21st, 2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: got top score in Mahjong!

Mel - yay on the Mahjong championship - no idea how you did it - im still failing to get above 300! Have a great time at the vip night tonight - hope you find some bargains

Maya - hope you are feeling better soon

Tali - wow you are organised putting your tree up so soon

Nic - can't wait to see a picky of Tyron smiling

Amanda - good luck with the move, hope you get to come back soon

Ali - was great to see you again today, Tori is such a sweety and has grown so much since i last saw her, not long for you now and am looking forward to meeting your little boy

had a nice Perth BB meet today. Also met another junie - Gabysmum (hi! again) which was lovely, Alex is so tall - taller than Oscar!!! It was Debbies birthday so e had some nice cake and were in a park only 5 minutes away from my house so a nice easy meet for me.

had a rough week last week so didn't post in here so i wouldn't moan. having a good week this week so ok to post!! House is coming along in leaps and bounds and we should be at inspection stage within a few weeks. have found out the silly tilers have tiled the WC with the wrong tiles and grouted the laundry with the wrong colour grout so they are back this weekend to sort it all out - muppets!

Feeling a little seedy today as had a friend over last night and ended up having 4 glasses of wine - far more than i would normally have so was abit 'dry' this morning!

Hope you are all having a good day

Julie x
    Last edited by PlonkeeMumma; November 21st, 2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: so many speellings

WooHooo! Mel I just saw it!!! Came in here to congratulate you!!! Well done! You have worked soooo hard for it!

Thanks Bath, all those nights sitting up till 1am have paid off LOL!!! Might actually get to bed earlier now or find another game I am addicted too. What games do you like, I haven't really tried the others. Giving blackjack a go now.

Julie - glad you had a nice meet up. Feel free to moan in here, it usually makes you feel better. Great news about the inspection stage. Muppets PML!!!! They are idiots sometimes, seems they are like children, you need to keep an eye on them. I am sure they will get it fixed up for you. Hope you get over the hangover, poor love!

Its still bucketing down here, yeah!

Mel: I'm addicted to Bubbles ATM. It's the music that does it for me LOL

I'll get back in here at some stage.... been caught up with politcal debates hehe Looking forward to this weekend!

just a quick one as bold is on but I have just uploaded some photos of the kids near the tree I only have the tree up now because DH was home and will be away until the 5th of dec at thats way too late for me because I'm a christmas addict lol

will be back after bold its just too good atm

Well I watch my beloved Bold and it was great lol, its gotten good atm as its been a bit flat for awhile but now they are doing the story with brook and she's always good to watch.
    Melbourne girls so glad you are getting some rain

Julie- never not post because of moaning thats what we are here for. so always post the good and the bad.

Hey girls I am still around, but Flynn is like velcro-baby at the moment - I think he can tell that there is competition on the way!

I am reading all your posts but just not posting myself. Had a bit of a pg meltdown today over silly things that I "know" to expect (ie: feeling bad that Flynn will feel neglected when bub arrives, worrying about what we will do for dinner when bub arrives and how I will juggle two bubs, stressing I haven't got my list of stuff to do done, the usual ) DH in his characteristic way said "stop worrying, think of the poisitives". He is so absolutely supportively logical that it is hard to continue to be irrational and emotional IYKWIM? Sometimes, it is like the Rolling Stones' song : I can't always get what I want, but if I try sometimes, I get what I need. He is so good for me

better go - off to eat ice cream

I got excited when I realised you had posted in both this and your pg thread I thought you might have baby roryrory on the way. I know its hard to believe but you will be able to do both I alway wonder with each baby how could I possaibly (sp?) love another child as much as the ones I have but your heart has the amazing abillity to love so much. its the same when we think how will I cope the simple anwser is we just do and in a few mths you want remember what it was like to have just one baby. just like you wouldnt now know what you did before you had Flynn!! chin up you will be able to do this and flynn will be just fine, when they are older they will thank-you for having then so close as this way they will be close in age and in friendship. Out of all my sibs and I have a few I am closest to my sister who is only 20mths younger we shared a room by choice until I was 13. we always share secects and laughs I have always loved that my mum had us this close as the others who are further apart arnt as close as we are. Mum aways call us her twin girls and thats how we liked it.

Bath - hehe I love the Bubbles music too! I am not very good at it though. I tried the Crazy Castle one and that is quite fun. I can't wait for the election to be over, the letter box is always overflowing with flyers etc from all the parties, not to mention the ads on tv.

Tali - i watched bold today too! There is always some drama with Brooke isn't there? I usually watch it while I am getting dinner ready. Just checked out your pics, the kids are beautiful. Love the one with the finger up the nose LOL!!! Maybe use that as your christmas card!!!

Rory - I think kids, regardless of the their age can sense a change. Chelsea really changed her behaviour in the lead up to Marley being born, was being naughty and getting angry all the time, esp at me. That all changed after she was born. Don't worry about the meltdown, its bound to happen and better to just get it out. And like Tali said, in a few months time you won't even remember life with just one bub. I know you will cope just fine, try not to worry about it. My first few weeks were a bit weird but I soon got into the swing of things and life was great. Sometimes having someone around who is so damn logical can be more frustrating as you know in your mind, they are right LOL! You will be great too, just have a bit of faith in yourself

Just got back from my shopping trip and we had a ball. I have a great relationship with my MIL and she bought the kids some things and she always makes sure she buys the same amount for each with I think is really nice. Its wasn't just David Jones open, the whole shopping centre was and it was really busy. All stores had discounts on which made shopping that much more fun. Country Road had a 25% off sale and I have a real weakness for their kids clothes, so bought both girls some tops which are just so cute (and cheap!), just need the warmer weather back so they can wear them LOL! Better go and get my stuff ready for work tomorrow.

I'm around ladies, but still not feeling strong enough to post in here in case my stalker reads again.
    DH and I are working pretty hard on our relationship, but it's going to take more than that!
    Love to all

Jess hope things improve for you and DH

Tali and Mel - thanks girls

Yes I am posting at 4am but Flynnie is teething and I am a bit "wakeful" ATM - but no probs - Mum is coming over to spend the day with us so I will have a devoted Flynnie-distractor tomorrow to let me nap all day if I like.........

Hello Junies

Had a meet-up yesterday with Ali and Tori, Julie and William and Oscar and Tanya and Lucas. Have posted a couple of photos in the gallery if you want to see how our little babies are all growing up now! They were so cute playing together.

Rory, good luck with bubs #2, cant believe that you are nearly ready to go again!

Julie/ Ang- I had a great time at the park yesterday, but I was wrecked by the time I got home, and I hurt my back lifting my niece in and ot of the swing, but oh well. Great photo's Ang, I cant believe how grown up they look now.

Wow Rory not long for oyu to go at all now is there, which means there isnt long for me either ..........arrrrrrgggg, I go from wanting the baby today, till being quite content if he stayed where he is untill close the new year. I guess he will come when he is ready, not much I can do about it.

Tali my DH is just like you, he is very lose in age to his brother and sister (his mum had 3 in 3 years) and they are still so so close, and DH wants that for our kids as well.

Glad to hear that you had a good shopping trip Mel, I am trying hard not to do too much shopping at the moment, especially stuff for the baby, as we have o much already and I dont want to end up with a heap of stuff that I dont need. "Sheeze" is also one of Tori's favourite words, but she has learnt very quickly that is she adds "pleez" onto the end of it (and other things like, ice, fruit, juice etc) then she is far more likely to get what she wants.

Having said that I went out early this morning to go to the shops and buy tori a new paddling pool because her last one got a hole in it, and we are set for hot days here till Mon, and she loves the water. I also got my chrissy pic of her printed off so I can make my christmas cards and get them written ready to send out.

I too got my photo's today so that I'm ready to start to make and send my christmas cards. I would love to send you girls one so if you would like one could you PM me your details.

I had a look at some photo's I had done of the kids and a shopping centre they looked cute but not outstading so I didnt get any of them the girl got quite rude with me because I was just walking away with the one " free" photo, but like I said I think I could do better in the park one sunday. she was tring her best to make me feel guilty for not wanting my kids photo's but when the pakage was $ 500 or $65 a photo I think I can do with out.

Oh my God Ds just said too DD1 " dont sex me " I asked him what he ment and he said she was putting her private parts on him. so I asked him a bit more "whats sex " he said while holding himself it when two people rub there private parts together! Now we have NOT had this talk with him yet as he is only 7 so I asked him how he know this and he said that a boy in his class does it to him all the time. What do I do should I ask the teacher tommorrow I dont want DS to get embarrassed by this. And why would this other boy know about this or am I a bit behind the time and should have had this talk already.

sorry that a big ask but this just happened as I was typeing so thought I would ask you girls as its frecked me out a bit LOL

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast