Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

Nic- like Bath said not too much to worrie about unless the doctor's tell you too... Mayleaka has always been in the 90% for her height and 10% for weight so she has always looked really under weight or like someone has streached her out but no-one has ever been to worried about as long as I know she eats which she does alot. just blessed with a fast matablism ( sp?) hope for her sake she keeps it.. Kai is pretty even always around the 5-25% for both height and weight so looks like she will be my short little duck....

Well it was the boys last day of school today, Lockie went and met his Prep teacher for next year and his class mates yesterday, it all went well. Kailen had his break up party today and he took in a vege platter with some corn relish dip, I've book Wyatt in to Child Care for two days next year as well so I'm all prepared, just have to get all the school stuff in the coming weeks.

Julie good luck with the move, I can totally sympathise with all the boxes, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Bath poor Wade getting stung again by a bee, is he allergic to them now or can that happen if they get stung to many times, I'm always worried about my boys as they never watch where they are going when walking through clover.

Nic sorry to hear Tyron is so unwell, it's hard listening to them when they are like that isn't it, I hope that he gets better soon.

Dee omg poor Melissa, how horrific for both you and Briana.

Hi to Ali, Maya, Rory, Jess and Tali.

hugs xoxo

Julie - you must be tired now after posting at some weird hour LOL!!! Good luck with the move, you must be very excited that its all finally happening and how great having your parents coming for a whole month. Hope your email doesn't take too long to get back up and running.

Nic - I wouldn't worry either, you know if he is a happy, healthy, growing boy. I stopped reading them after a while, gets so confusing and like Bath said, they are very dated. How funny that both boys having the same stats. Marley is my lightweight, Chelsea was much heavier at similiar ages.

Bath - been dying to know how the MA went?

Amanda - its such an exciting time with school coming up. Does Lockie like his teacher? Getting all the school stuff takes a bit of time (from what I have heard), I still have to get some things but I thought it could wait until the new year.

Well I had a very proud mummy moment last night. Chelsea had her graduation tonight and I just had to share the pictures with you. It was one of the most proudest moments of my life, tears welled up and it was very emotional - how am I going to be when she goes to school!

They sang christmas carols to all the parents, then they closed the door and when it came up, there they were with their graduation hats on - they looked gorgeous. They made them for the kids as a surprise to us all.

Then they got their graduation certificate from Father Arnold and a lovely present. The present was a plate they had designed and a book about their year at kinder, which made me tear up too! It had work, photos, and blocks for term 1,2,3 & 4 and you could see the difference in their pictures, writing etc. It was just beautiful. The kids then had christmas dinner on a beautifully set table, while the mums/dads/grandparents all had drinks and nibblies outside. They were very grown up.

It was the best night and I was so proud of my little girl that I had to share!

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0026.jpg

Oh Mel the piccys are just beautiful! How gorgeous was their table setting! And Chelsea looks soooo sweet and dare I say it: lady-like! You will treasure them and the memories forever... How cute were their mortar boards too! Oh I wish Wade could go to her kinder.... the staff seemed to have made such an extra special effort! I have clear memories of kinder and I'm sure Chelsea will too, especially of her graduation night!

My MA was good, the boys loved her and she did well to keep them occupied but she seems so young! She is 20. Ideally I would like someone older but until then at least I know that the boys like her and I do feel like i could trust her. She has never looked after boys as young as mine. When she was looking after the children of the previous family (also 2 boys) they were 7 and 9 so a totally different kettle of fish! She is very enthusiastic though and seems to really love my boys and got along well with Verity too. I'm going to pursue finding an older lady, maybe someone through church, but as I said, at least I know I can depend on this girl if I can't find anyone else.

Amanda: I think Wade is developing an allergy to bee stings it's a worry.

Boys unsettled tonight... better go help...

Mel - What a great Idea for the kiddy to have a sit down dinner for the children I too would have felt sad I so dont want May to go to school next year she is just too little...

I loved Chelsea's dress I love red but she look so grown up.

Bath - sounds like you have found a nice girl but shame she is just that a girl.. It would be very hard for her to start dealing with young boys after having older ones, but just because she is young doesnt mean she would be any better than someone older ( she is only a yr younger than I was when I had DS) but you can have very young 20 yr olds or very matuer(sp?) ones I hope she turns out to be the latter..But if the boys like her and she is taking the stress of you then who cares..

Amanda- arent you the good mum bringing heathy food our school is ment to be healty based but our teacher is old school so she said its a party I dont care so I brought in chocky balls ( rum balls without the Rum) I was going to cut up some pineapple but one of the kids is allergic so thought I better not..

Julie - Good luck with the move I to hate box's as we have moved way to much but I am looking forward to it this time as its the move I want to make..

Hello to all who I have missed

Well we just came back from playgroup break-up where they kids made their own christmas balls to hang on the tree they looked very cute with their picture stuck on them aswell May covered hers in so many pink and purple feathers you wouldn't even know it was a christmas ball under it all but she was very happy and put them all on the tree as soon as she got home.

wow Chelsea looks so grown up! great pics Mel!
    Nah i wasnt so much worried but just wondered if its normal to be so at the top of the scale for one thing and the bottom for another?
    Not sure whats up with Nixon, he was fine thismorning we went to a bday party but not long after getting home he ran a temp of 38.5, gave him som nurofen and seemed to bring it down and then he as back to his happy self.
    But just went and checked on him in bed and he was 39.1, given him some more nurofen and hope it gets it back down.

thats nice making their own chrissy balls Tali!

well the hoilydays are here and the kids have been goodish but they are just to excited about christmas O to be young again, I remember how long it seamed for the day to arrive...

Well apart from feeling a little sorry for myself thing here are ok i think I have got everything for christmas still dont know what i will do on the real christmas day as I have been invited to a GF house and also to a pinic at the park with a girl from school pick up but I dont know her that well and dont know if she will show as have been told by others that she is a piker so dont know if I can trust that she will turn up I thought I might just sit the day out and act like its not here as aour christmas will be the next day with DH, But he doesnt want me to be alone..

Kai wil not longer let me feed her so I am feeling very sad at that if I try she will not open her mouth or she will not close it and therefore the food just falls out...My baby is getting too big I tried to cut her a fringe the other day so now she looks very grown up I will try to take a photo tommorrow and put it in the gallery I will also take a photo of their christmas balls..

well thats it good night..

Hey all!
    Hope the lead up to Christmas is going well for everyone
    My sister arrived yesterday with BIL and my niece. I won't be posting much, I don't think, for a little while - I think I need to live a little IRL, especially with my sister over and friends to catch up with IYKWIM. I'm still reading, though - Oscar is teaching me that it just won't do to spend chunks of the day on the computer typing away...
    I've also just managed to stave off mastitis again - one night with chills and sweats and all day yesterday feeling completely lethargic (couldn't bring in the washing so it stayed out in the rain...cos I forgot about it after I realised I wasn't up to bringing it in, so I never got round to telling DP...).
    I will post, just not big ones!
    Have a great week...

Thank you girls, I thought my baby looked gorgeous too LOL!!!! And very grown up.

Bath - the creche/kinder have been so fantastic over the past 3 years, I couldn't ask for a more loving and nurturing enviornment for her to be in. I am glad to know Marley will be in very good hands when she starts in Feb. Glad to hear the MA worked out well. I suppose there are pro's and con's to her age so you probably just need to weigh them up. One good thing is a younger person can keep up with the kids and have more energy to burn and relate to Verity better but I can understand your concern. See how she goes, but so far she sounds like she knows what she is doing. Are you enjoying things now DH is on holidays?

Tali - it is sad to think of them going to school, esp your first. Chelsea will always be my baby and I am sure the tears will build up when I see her dressed in her school uniform ready to go. The red dress was one MIL bought last year and I am so glad it still fits her. They were asked to go in xmas theme, so I thought red was xmas enough and I added some green tinsel for a more authentic look! The xmas balls so great, can't wait to see pics. For xmas day, you choose the place you would feel most comfortable and the kids would have the most fun. I was going to stay home with just the girls xmas day, but MIL offered to pay for me to have xmas lunch out with them so who I am to knock back a free lunch LOL!!!! Just think of how much fun you will all have when DH gets back and then next year, hopefully you will be in Melb and not have to worry about where to go. I'm sure you'll be in the xmas spirit no matter where you are. Marley loves eating by herself too and making the most mess she can!

Nic - how is Nixon today, I hope his temp came down. Is Tyron any better, you mentioned before that he caught a nasty virus?

Maya - how exciting having your sis, niece and BIL out before xmas, before everything gets too crazy. I hope you enjoy spending some time with them. Ow, the mastitis. Glad you managed to stave it off. Had a mild case of it with Chelsea and it was horrible. Hope you feeling better now and don't worry about the washing, it will dry eventually.

Busy weekend. My SIL has requested I paint her one of my artworks for xmas, so I finished it yesterday and I am very pleased with it, hope she likes it. Also did a name board for my niece, will try to take some pics later. Its my best one yet. Had a 3rd b'day party at Chesterfield Farm today which was great. Melb girls, you should definately go, the kids love it. Marley was chasing chickens and turkeys everywhere and Chelsea was running away as she is scared of them. It was a bit chilly though. Chelsea is having fun using her advent calendar to count down the days to xmas. Can't believe its just over a week till xmas.

Is everyone ready for xmas?

Hi girls just popping through, unfortunatley still preg and in a quite bit of pain now- I am hoping that I am getting irregular contractions that will turn into something more tonight. I have a ob appointment tomorrow, so hopefully I will get a better indication of how close I am.

Mel- I agree with the others, Chelsea looked adorable. As for christmas we are mostly ready, not doing too much this year for obvious reason, but pressie are all done and wrapped, and I ordered the christmas ham, which needs to be picked up on saturday.

Maya- How exciting to have your family over, are they here for christmas?

Bath- Sounds like the MA will be great, like Mel said there are pros and cons to the age thing. I guess it is just a case of seeing how she works out for you and the kids. Enjoy having DH home over the next few weeks.

Nic- I hope the boys are back to their healthy selfs soon, it is terrible when they are unwell.

Tali- I say do what you feel most comfortable with on Christmas day, if you dont want to do anything out why not have something like a pj day with the kids where you get to stay in your pj's all day, watch some DVD's eat some popcorn, do some crafty stuff together, maybe make pizza's or something together for dinner. That way the day is still special and exciting and will help it to pass quickly.

Anyway not much else is news here, Tori is still a sweet little thing- such a busy little girl most of the time. She is really into books latley, we are reading 5-10 books everyday if not more (usually the smae ones several times), and she is talking up a storm, its so cute.

Anyway I am off to have a shower, I am feeling really uncomfortable this afternoon, so everyone keep your fingers crossed that this is the start of it all and I will have my little man in my arms in the next couple of days.

Ali I've got everything crossed that this is the start for you

Mel we've just got to get the laybys off and then we will be all set, we usually wrap them of christmas eve

Maya have a great time with your sister and family and friends

As for me I've been busy making a christmas cake today and I've also brought some christmas cookie cutters to use them with the boys during the week. AF turned up as well but I guess it wasn't my month, hopefully soon though.

hugs xoxo

Ali - I am getting excited for you so you must be getting excited! Can't believe how close you are. I have my fingers crossed for you that things start happening soon. You have done well getting everything organised but I can understand why, have you got someone to pick up your ham on Saturday, just in case? Chelsea was a real book lover and still is. Marley enjoys it but not nearly as much. I think its fantastic when kids get a love of books. Sending big labour vibes your way.

Amanda - you must be so busy wrapping on xmas eve. I love the long laybys, we picked ours up last weekend. We are out xmas eve so will have to wrap before hand. Most of the pressies are at MIL place, so they are away from prying eyes! Sorry to hear you didn't get your BFP. Hoping it happens for you soon.

Well Chelsea and I had a great night tonight. Chelsea's friend from kinder was in a xmas play at her church, and her mum invited us along. It was so good. They sang xmas carols first with the choir and everyone got these candle sticks that glow and change colour. Chelsea thought they were the best!!! Then they did a Shrek play which centred around the true meaning of christmas and it was very funny and they all did a great job. We had such a nice night, singing carols together and Chelsea was so well behaved, the lady next to us commented on how good she was as it went for nearly hours. It's really starting to feel like xmas now.

well I too dont rap until the kids are in bed the night before, atm they are all nice a safe under the bed thank goodness for DH's old overalls and a un used dressing gown...

Ali good luck hope something is happening if not tonight, very soon....

Maya- I hope you enjoy having your family around...

Mel - lucky you a free lunch enjoy can you still book place's down there up here you have to be booking in nov if you want to get in...

gee I wish I had a nice mil, but then I would have this great need to move home so maybe there is a reason for everything..

Maya- glad u got rid of the mastitis before it really took hold. that really knocks you for 6 hey, i had it about a month ago when Ty started bf and i had over supply. i felt like i had been hit by a train, could not do a thing and achey all over. i never went to the dc about it just rode it out and try to get rid of it myself. Never got it wih Nixon so didnt realise how bad it makes you feel, the sore boobs is just a small part of it.

Mel- unfortunatley both boys still are unwell. Tyron is not too bad he is still a little snotty, but Nixon has gone backwards again. Since Sat arvo his temp has been 39 and nurofen brings it down but once it starts wearing off back it jumps again. Last 2 nights he hasnt slept well and end up in bed with us. He slept until 11am sunday morning, we actually woke him i was getting a little worried that he was sleeping so much! Then last night he threw up in his bed about 3am and temp was real high again, got a doc appoint at 2pm. He hasnt really eaten for 3-4days, managed to have some dinner last night, today so far he has had about 2 bites of a crumpet, ive offered so many things but he just doesnt want to eat.

Ali-i hope those irregular pains turned into some real pains o/n if not hope your doc appoint goes well, thinking of you!

amanda- bugger about af turning up, hope this is the month for you, maybe a NYE romp might be the winning night lol!! u must have so many present to wrap on xmas eve! ive wrapped all of mine already, family is under the tree and the boys are up and away so only have to pull them down the night before.

i just got the 2008 pride of the nation book. Ali i think Tori was in it last yr wasnt she? I just missed out with Nix photo so he is in this one, what a great book! There are lots of gorgeous pics. Nixon is on pg 57 if anyone gets their hands on one. gosh he was a chubby bubby at xmas time last year lol!

Tali - your kids musn't be too nosey, Chelsea would look under anything, she is terrible. MIL booked the restaurant quite a while ago and before even asking if I wanted to go! She said she could always cancel it if I didn't want to go. She is pretty good, can be a bit over the top at times but overall she is a nice lady who means well. She looks after Marley for me which is a god send.

Nic - poor Nixon, he doesn't sound well. Hope the dr can do something for him. Its a worry when they don't want to eat anything, especially food they really love. I hope he gets better soon and Tyron too. I have heard of that book, will have to go and get it now I know someone in it LOL!!! Where do you get it from?

Had a nice big woo hoo today. My dad bought us a Sunbeam super dooper steam iron for xmas last year. It was fantastic, heaps of steam and ironed beautifully. It started to leak water so DH rang Sunbeam and they said to take it to a store near us for repair. The guys checked it over and it couldn't be fixed. Rang Sunbeam back and they said they are no longer making any of that type of iron, had too many problems with it. As it had a 2 year replacement guarantee, they said we could purchase anything to the value of $299! I don't even know what dad paid for it but they said that was the RRP. How fantastic. So DH and I checked out the Sunbeam website to start our shopping. The guy recommended this new digital iron, so we got that, a new kettle, rice cooker and slow cooker. We rang the repair guy with the details on Friday and they rang today to say they were ready to be picked up. How's that for excellent service? Will definately be buying Sunbeam again. When they arrived home, it was like xmas!

Better go and use my new iron to iron my work clothes!

Mel - No they are pretty good but I do keep screehing at the to get out of my room I thought DS might have clicked by now but he is so in to santa and doesnt want any spuds so he will get out pretty quick... Yeah on the sunbeam what a great service. lucky for you to break before the worenty(sp?) ran out most applinces die just on the outside of those things...

Nic - I hope the boys get better soon.. I have never heard of that book how did you get Nixon in it?

Well when i went food shopping yesterday I was just about to get some spuds when I asked Zayden and Mayleaka if I needed to get any or would they be getting enough from santa for me to use on Christmas day they both said no mum we will get enough...LOL took all my effort not to laugh at them I could see another lady in the iale laughing as they were both just so serious Zayden even said " well I did only get 1 last year but I think I might get a few more this year" Maybe I have been yelling at them too much lately...

And today when I went into a music shop to pick something up for DH May put on the music and was singing at the top of her little lungs with her untuned voice "Santa is comming to town" Just too cute wish I had a video camera.... Dont think the teens behind the counter thought it was as cute as I did though...

Hi girls. My heat intolerance now makes sense. Seems I have Hyperthyroidism. The full story is here. Off to the doctors now, 3 kids in tow. I bet the first thing he will say is that I have to wean See you in here this arvo.

Tali - I still laugh when I remember that potato story, its hilarious! I keep forgetting to use it. Don't you just love tone deaf singing, I am a bit like that LOL!!

Bath - I posted in your thread.

Julie - I know you probably in the process of moving, but I hope it is all going well.

Nic - how are the boys?

Rory - I keep asking how your boys are but forgetting to ask how you are feeling after the birth?

Second last day of work today! Yeah. So looking forward to spending some time with the kids without it being so hectic.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast