Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #47

Hey girls - thought I would come and share my 2000th post with you all

Nickers I so hear you on how hard it is to exercise with two - there are so many things I took for granted with just one baby!! As for harnesses - DH bought a huge amount of webbing and is going to make one for Flynn - but it will be a full "jump" harness so DH can pick him up in it. Seriously, he is going to put a handle on the back so he can carry him when he is having a tanty in the shops LOL!!

Ali I have learnt the "make lunch ahead" trick too - 4-6pm is hectic around here. Last night I actually made dinner ahead too (tuna patties with salad) so we were all done and washed up by 6pm which was great.

Mel how did work go? I must say I am worried about leaving DH with the boys, which is silly because he is sooooo capable - and he is their DAD after all LOL! I can only imagine how apprehensive I would feel if I had to leave them in care. Though that said if DH gets into the fire brigade (YES we are STILL waiting on an interview time) he will be full time for 14 weeks so we will have to have someone look after the boys the days I work and I don't know if I even trust my mum IYKWIM?

Jaspen hope the m/s eases up

Amanda how do you cope with all your boys! And Jess too! I must say thinking of you two (and Coolabahdee) gives me strength when I think about how I will cope when #3 comes along. Yes - still clucky!!

Maya are you enjoying the break from uni?? One cool day soon I will have to make the trip up your way - I would love to see how Oscar is going and it will be exciting taking both boys on a long train trip.

Hope Bath is enjoyi9ng her family time and that Niall is doing ok. Hopefully he will forget BB while she is gone - optimistic I know

I am kinda looking forward to work now - I have my "mojo" back big time. I think I will spend today planning my goals and writing a few articles on cases just to get my brain into gear. I am so annoyed though, that I can't work full time AND be with my boys - talk about wanting the impossible, hey?

Better go - not much time before the feral wakes and I want to fold some nappies before he does. He LOVES undoing all my good work!

Congrats on your 2000th p[ost Rory.
    I'm just trying to beat the heat here, its 10 o'clock in the morning and its 32 deg already... Need to go into town but as I haven't got a car( DH 's blew a head gasket and mine is at the Auto Elec's)...Mum just rang, she's going into town for me.(I try not to ask mum for help on hot days!) Well I better get these kids into their cm of water in their pool!

Nic and Ali - I used one of those "lead" things on Chelsea when she was about 2 -2.5 and she was pretty good. It was just one of the wrist straps and I think she thought it was pretty funny! Good luck with it, it can make life so much easier going to the shops etc and knowing they can't nick off! Oh and Ali, great job on the weight loss - you champion!

Rory - well done on 2000 posts! Work is fantastic, I really love going. I am still 2 days a week and from 5th Feb I go 3 days. Marley will go to creche Thurs and Fri and MIL will have her Tues. I so love our creche that I have absolutely no hesitation in sending her. The carers are just amazing and I know she will benefit alot from interacting with other kids and learning lots of new things. I get a bit worried when DH has both girls, but he usually surprises me and does great. They really love spending time with their dad. Can't believe DH is still waiting for an interview, they must love taking their time. Its great that you have your work "mojo" back. It will make going to work a whole lot easier. I find that when I am at work, Marley is a much happier toddler. I think me being with her all the time drives her nuts!!! I couldn't imagine trying to work full time, I like my days off and I think part time is a perfect balance. When I am home, we have dinner and baths done by 6pm. The kids prefer an early dinner and I like getting them off to bed early so DH and I can have some time together.

Jess - it was stinking hot here this morning too, thankfully now the cool change has hit and its a very pleasant 24. Sure beats 41!

Might be catching up with Tali tomorrow, so hopefully we can work out a good time. I am really looking forward to meeting her. Maya might join us too, if she is not too busy.

hi ladies

sorry ive been mia for a while - ive just been so tired and quesey this week, i have to have a sleep in the day when the bpys sleep so have lost my bb time! I had an awful day yesterday as i had a scan (which was good) at 8.30am so i ended up leaving the house without having had breakfast which was a huge mistake, i couldn't stop retching all day and everytime i fed or changed the kids! At least im not actually being sick so thats something i guess! Feeling much beeter today so being naughty and popping in while boys alseep. have a drs appt this arvo for blood test results which should be interesting as they rang my on Monday saying they wanted to discuss them with me - although cant be bad news about bub as i told them i wanted an earlier appt if it was and she said no it can wait till Friday.

Ali - well done at losing the 12.5kg already thats fab! I wouldn't worry too much about doing 'proper' exercise as i found my weight just fell off after having two as you just never sit down and are up and about most of the time anyway!

Rory - congrats on your 2000th post lol at working full time AND looking after kids.... if only!

Mel - Oscar has the airflex sandals - they are so ace! although i didn't get extra inserts with them - wish i did as they will be pongy before long! have a lovely meet with tali and say hi for me, hope she is enjoying her travels.

bath - hope you are enjoying your time away if you read this when you get back!

Sorry for not many personals, looking at the screen makes me feel queesey! Have a lovely weekend ladies

Julie x

oh Julie I hope the m/s takes it easy on you over the next few weeks - I am only now getting to the point where I can write more than a few lines or read a few threads. I'm sick almost daily and my eating is so hit and miss (although I now eat things that taste reasonable coming back up cause I know its going to happen)

hey Rory - your excitement for work is intoxicating!!! Oliver certainly sounds like he has settled in well.

mel - say hi to Tali if you catch up with her tomorrow and tell her she is so lucky she is not up here at the moment the humidity is ghastly

i found a website a few weeks ago that actually tells you what the temperature feels like rather than just what it is for eg up here for weeks the actual temp is 32 but generally feels like 37-39 due to winds and humidity. It makes me feel so much better to know that it really feels hotter than the 31 degrees it is I was thinking I was getting really woosy about the heat.

Ali - congrats on the weight loss - now if only I could restrict my weight gain to what you did with Liam I would be happy cause I'm starting at a ridicoulously high weight so I really don't want to put anything on.

Bath - hope you are having a great break and enjoying your time with your extended family.

Hi to everyone else, have to go sit under the fan again the heat is doing me in

Hi all,
    sounds like everyone is well as can be! Feeling for all the preggy Junies - not wishing to be there again, but it could well be me next year if we decide to hold off for longer than Plan A!
    I'm hoping to make it to meet Tali. I've got people coming round in the arvo and I don't want to get back too late so that DP and I are yelling at each other for having a messy house Things are weird enough as it is without the added strain of leaving a tidy up to the last minute!
    Oscar has been high octane, as usual. Last Sunday he collected the biggest egg on his head yet after throwing himself off the deck ( ) and later that hot day, he decided to try to ride the lawn mower...right after DP had finished using it. He now sports, under a twice-daily-changed waterproof dressing, a large burn on his bum cheek (luckily only one!), but it's higher up than the sitting part of his bum, so he can still do everything. He howled for a bit, then continued on his merry (haphazard) way. He's been in my parents' pool this week and hanging out heaps with my mum (my dad had a fall down their driveway and is worse for wear). When we go, she'll head back to the country for the school term, so she won't have the constant reminders of the summer she spent here with Oscar. The house here will go on the market in the next couple of weeks, so it will seal the deal on the last summer here in Melb with my parents, at their pool, in the house we lived in etc. It will be weird. I'll want to see my cousin more than ever, cos she'll be my closest relative, distance wise!
    I'm rambling, sorry. Between hanging out on my parents' deck, hanging out in the backyard with Oscar and organising this OS trip virtually single-handedly, I've not had a chance to check in here - just been wandering to some other threads I was contributing to, to flex my brain a little (when my internet decides to stay connected...).
    Jas - ooohh, I'd love one of those temperature thingies to take with me to Central America...25 degrees my arse!
    Better go, need hydrating while Oscar sleeps (pretty much the only reason I got to type out something this long this side of midnight!)

just had a look Maya and this particular site will only give the "feels like" for local australian weather it does do overseas but only the more typical type forecast - I did have a detailed site I used for Canada last Christmas - I'll see if I can find that and let you know.

Oscar really is in the wars - ouch!!!!! I sympathise with him having to have dressings on his little bum!!! I fell out of a car once and had bandages on the sitting part of my bum forweeks they were such a pain to get on and off cause they always stuck (let alone the damage underneath that conseuqently didn't get a chance to heal cause any scabs kept coming off). Glad to hear it doesn't seem to be affecting him much though

ETA had a bit of a look and couldn't find it but I do find for overseas, wunderground gives a great range of detail for particular locations rather than just one or two towns in a state like some other sites do
    Last edited by jaspen; January 11th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks for looking, Jas I might just have to make an educated guess for when I'm in Honduras in their winter again (humid as all get out!) and just deal with the fact that no matter what temp it is, my hair does not like 90% humidity...
    What a doozy with the damage to your bum! At least you weren't naked at the time - imagine how much worse it could have been? LOL!
    Hmmm, kid still asleep...when's he going to bed tonight?

true I wasn't naked - it tore my undies from my bum so it could have been way worse as you say LOL (I can laugh about it these days but as an 8 year old I didn't think it very funny having to show my bum toe every second person who had an idea of what was the best way to fix things LOL). I hope Oscars burns heal nicely and quickly and don't cause him any further pain

ouch to all the bum injuries!
    Rory cograts on post 2000!
    it was hot in sydney today about 33 where i am but no where near as hot as poor Melbourne. did u get the cool change this arvo that ou were meant to girls?
    well my head is spinning atm my tupperware manager has a family emergency and has to drop everything and fly to endgland tomorrow. she's handed me all her parties etc (10 in the next 2 weeks) and couldnt come at a worse time DH is basically away for the next 3-4weeks its his busiest time of year at work.
    seeing my mum and sister in the morning and hoping between them and maybe MIL and SIL i can get some babysitting so i can do some of the parties then ring arounf my team to palm some off....
    anyway last week i was thinking how the heck am i going o get back in the swing of things, nothing like being thrown in the deep end lol!

Julie- oh yuk i dont envy you with the queeziness but hope its copeable most of the time and eases for you soon. Im sure your results are fine, most times even with good results docs want to see you rather then tell you over the phone. its another consiltation for them hence more $$!

Mel- hope you get to meet up with Tali, hope their trip has been fun.

Tyron rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time yesterday! he has done it a few times since clever boy! he is such a placid happy baby. Nixon wasnt a very happy boy at the same age, reflux etc hated being on his belly, back, alone all of the above.
    anyway im pooped bed time i was up late last night, good night all

Wow nic - although unfortunate for your manager how fortunate for you although make sure you don't overdo it hey - 10 parties in 2 weeks !!!!! your team is going to think all their christmas' have come at once too!! That'll see you some nice commission on top of the sales for the month too!!

Nic I am so glad you got a placid one this time I am lucky in that Ollie is very placid generally but very much "hard to read" than Flynn was. I mean, he is a "real baby" in that he gets worked up now and then, needs to be calmed, fidgets at the breast, actually cries (shock horror LOL!!) and so on. I am so glad he is my second.

Jaspen HOW ON EARTH did you fall out of a car!! Gosh the things kids do!

Maya when are you off to CA?? How are things for you ATM?? Is it all ok?

Julie I have been meaning to ask - do you plan on stopping at three? Does the gender make a difference to your decision? I have been thinking if number 3 is a boy I would stop at that because I would enjoy the "tone" of a family with three boys, but if she is a girl we would try for another so as to maybe give her a sister? (not that I would be upset with #4 being a boy mind you). I know it is a long way off for me to be thinking like this but Ollie was only 2 days old and I was lamenting the possibility that my next baby could be by last!

Mel I would have loved to meet you at Knox but it is just too far to drive with petrol being the way it is ATM and I checked out the public transport there and it would be a bit hard with the 2 kids. AND Flynn was up last night from 12.30 to 3.30AM!! Little ratbag

Jess I hope you got some respite from the heat - did you guys get the cool change too?

Thanks Tali and Mel for a lovely meet up! Tali, your family is even more gorgeous IRL - you must be really proud of you for the job you're doing
    Better go, dinner's ready...

Rory congrats at your 200th post, and how do I cope with my boys, lol, take the ups with the downs and adapt to everyone's differences, lol.

Well AF turned up for me today, but on the upside DH had arranged for my hair to be done today (part of my chrissy present) and I must say I love my new hair and I will have to try and post my new do in the gallery. DH was great with the boys he dropped my at the hairdresser and took the boys to the park and then got them luch it was wonderful. I also have gotten my boobs fitted and I'm now a 18D and I was 18E, so I've gone down 2 sizes in about 6 weeks, now just to lose some around my belly.

Better go watch Bourne Ultimatium.

hugs xoxo

Hi girls - meet up with Tali and Maya was wonderful. It was so nice to meet Tali and her beautiful family, kids are gorgeous and so is she! Kids had an absolute ball chasing each other.

Maya - did you get some good pics? Send me some if you don't mind. I totally forgot to bring my camera. Hope you had fun with your guests today.

Julie - oh you poor love, m/s must suck big time! Hope it eases off soon.

Jaspen - oh you poor love too! Sorry but had to laugh at eating things that taste better coming up! Tali and her family have been loving the Melb weather although they found it a bit colder last night.

Nic - good luck with juggling the parties, but like you said, nothing better than being chucked in the deep end! Tyron is very clever rolling.

Rory - totally understand, petrol is ridiculous ATM. Missed you though and hopefully I get to have a big cuddle of Oliver soon.

Amanda - sorry to hear AF arrived. But how nice getting your hair done, that would have been a nice treat. DH sounds like he did a great job with the boys. Can't wait to see the new do! Good job on the breast reduction and it didn't cost you cent LOL!

Had my GF over for dinner tonight which was great. Perfect night for a bbq. Marley is now trying to join in the big kids play which is very funny to watch. Chelsea is not overly keen to let her join in but she keeps trying. I hope as she gets older Chelsea will let Marley play with her and her friends. Got heaps of trash mags to read, so best be off!

amanda- how lovely of your dh! would love to see a pic of your new hair do! bummer about AF though grrrr she is a meany!

glad you guys had a great catch up with Tali!
    Nixon had a big day with dh yesterday. i did scrapbooking half day at mums and had Ty with me and then i did a tup party while mum minded him. DH took nix to swimming in the morning, then his mums, then in the arvo a friends place for a bbq! it was good for both of us to have some one on one time with our boys.
    rory- IF (and its a big IF) have a 3rd and it was another boy i would not be trying for number 4. actually either way i think 3 will complete our family.

i came down to put the clothes on the line and fill the pool up for Nix, went back upstairs and he had found some toilet rolls and ripped them up all over the house! then found his blankie and dummy and went to sleep on the floor lol! leaving him there cause its much cooler in the loungeroom then his bedroom.

Girls I gotta say I love being part of our group - I love reading your posts

I am getting a bit emotional about re-starting work - I was talking to a friend and saying how I was worried that expressing might compromised my supply and she said even if I give him a bit of formula it won't make me a bad mum. I almost burst into tears. I am being defeatist because I haven't even STARTED work or expressing yet so worrying about supply is dumb. I guess the experience of finishing BF Flynn is still fresh in my mind, but even that is silly because I stopped BF Flynn when I got pg with Oliver so there were other reasons for the supply drop.

Other than that everything is fine - Ollie is a little marvel and Flynn is wetting the bed everynight.....BECAUSE HE PUTS HIS HANDS DOWN HIS NAPPY while he sleeps!!! Little doofus! We are going to hunt down some "all in one suits" to fix his little red wagon

typical boy there Flynnie!! LOL
    Rory it is a great group isnt it! think now we've been chatting to each other for over 2 yrs! imagine if we were to look back at how many pages we have all sat here and typed to one another! not only that a lot of us have meet up, continue to meet up its great. Bummed that not many from here are in Syd or still chat on here i know CC was from Syd, Karen... wonder how they are going. hey i wonder how misskel is doing? last time she posts her and dh had split and she had DD and the twins on her own.

Try not to stress about your supply before you even start expressing cause you know that alone might have some impact on your supply. You will do what you can i know to give Ollie the best of both worlds, one day i hope Tyron realises the great lengths i have gone for him so he can have the best start in life. (yep still expressing my baby is 3months old today!)

i was up to Nixon last night too he woke up crying and couldnt re settle, took me over 10min to realise the reason, he had pooed in his sleep (unlike him & i couldnt smell it) and it had burnt him.
    got out the big guns cream and caked it on his little red toosh, thismorning it is much better.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast