Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #47

Just checking in as well, had a pretty full on couple of days with visitors as it was my Birthday on Friday- we had friends for a bbq last night, and family for lunch yesterday- I have to say I was feeling a bit worn out by the time everyone left, it might have been a bit much for one day.
    BIL's GF came to visit today as she hadnt met Liam yet, bu she told us her and BIL had broken up, which we are really sad about because she is lovely and they made a really nice couple, it was nice of her to still come and see us though, I know she had been really excited about Liam arriving.

Other than that things are still going well, Liam is still sleeping well at night, but Tori is getting disturbed by me getting up to feed and it is taking us hours to get her back to sleep, DH has slept with her for at least 3 nights since we bough Liam home. Unfortunatley as we have an open plan house, the only door I can close is hers, which I really and not happy to do- hopefully she will get used to it soon, otherwise I might have to start feeding in the bedroom and just try not to wake up DH as he starts back at work on Tues.

I hope everyone is well and coping with the heat etc, it is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow........yuck

Ali - HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Friday! Sounds like you had a nice but exhausting day. Its hard to try and keep quiet when feeding. Chelsea's room is next door to Marley's and I was so worried that her crying would wake her up. She did wake a couple of times in the early days but she must have gotten used to it and then stopped waking. I hope you manage to find a solution, must be hard trying to get Tori back to sleep. Good luck. We had similiar situation when my brother split with his GF, we really liked her and it was very hard to explain to Chelsea why she wouldn't be visiting anymore. It was lovely of her to come and see you and Liam.

Amanda - cake looked fantastic, as always! We could use some of your rain here, hasn't rained since before xmas. Hope you got to bed early tonight.

Nic - the hot weather is awful at the moment. We have air con in 2 of our living areas but the kids rooms aren't and they get very hot. We have pedestal fans in the kids rooms and that helps. It has been very quiet in here. We all must be too hot and bothered LOL!!!

Jess - great pics of Tali, thanks for putting them up.

Boy has it been hot in Melb. Finally today a cooler one! Last night was awful, it was still so hot when I finally felt like I could go to bed at 1am! Had Chelsea's bday party on Friday night which went really well. We hired out the whole playcentre and had about 30 kids (combined party with one of Chelsea's best friends), who all had a ball. She got some lovely presents and was absolutely stuffed afterwards. The handbag cake worked really well, I was very pleased with my effort. Chelsea loved it and told me what a good job I have done! I have loaded a pic in the photo gallery.

Chelsea and I went on a girls shopping day on Saturday. I really love going out with her, when its just her and I. She wanted sushi rolls for lunch so we sat down at the shop and ate our lunch then went and laybyed her school shoes (Bath, thanks for your suggestion of the AirFlex, they are fantastic!). They were $100, thankfully my dad is buying them for her as part of her b'day present, thanks Dad!!. She had some money from a friend of mine so she bought a big love heart necklace that she chose from Diva. She also had a $30 Coles Myer voucher, so she chose a jigsaw puzzle and a watch. I love watching her little mind trying to decide what to buy. She still has $8.50 left to spend, she kept asking me how much she had left but I am sure she has no concept of what that actually means.

Today she had a friends party at the movies. They saw Bee Movie, which I stayed for and it wasn't a bad movie, not excellent, but OK. Then afterwards at the girls house for lunch. Very busy weekend but lots of fun.

Marley has had a really bad heat rash which only disappeared this afternoon, when it finally cooled down. She has been a bit on the grumpy side lately, very clingy with me. DH also shaved off his goatie, which didn't help as she was so freaked out by him she wouldn't go near him. I left her with DH today and thankfully she is getting over it and actually wanting to go to him.

Loaded some more pics on my homepage under xmas 2007.

Hope everyone stays cool tomorrow, looks like a hot one for Julie and Ali tomorrow then it hits Melb on Thursday.

happy birthday Ali!!
    does sound pretty full on having everyone over.
    Nixon woke a couple of times early on with Tyron but generally he sleeps through his cries now. Tyron is sleeping at night from 10-11pm till about 5.30-6am which helps.
    Does Tori still get out of bed much at night? im buying nixon a bed this week and just thinking how exhausted i am going to be when he can climb out of bed.
    Last night it took 1.5hrs for him to get to sleep and im sure if he was in a bed it would have been in and out 1000 times! im not looking forward to the big bed transistion but it needs to happen asap, wont be long now till Ty needs the cot.

Mel- sounds like a great party! and hiring out the whole place would have been great, i went to a bday party at a play centre recently but it was hard cause hepas of other ppl were there, it was kind just grab a table and there wasnt enough for the amount of adults we had.
    do you think Marley didnt recognize dh? isnt that funny, my neice used to dislike males with facial hair, dunno if it was the look of it, feel or what but she used to always cry when they came near her!

ohh ali i just seen your avater is updated, looks great!

Nic- We seem to have stopped the getting out of bed problem at night, we were basically trying to put her to bed too early and once we moved her bed time back the climbing out stopped, and even when she doesnt go straight to sleep she doesnt get out of bed very often at all- so all the nights we sat in her room for hours waiting for her to fall asleep have worked.
    When she wakes up in the middle of the night she gets up, but he wander straight down to our bedroom- the only problem is that once she is awake she is REALLY hard to get back to sleep.
    Maybe with Nixon's new bed you can start him in it for day time sleeps, for a week or so and then moving into it at night once he is used to it. He might be like Tori and take to it straight away.

Not much going on here, Pete goes back to work tomorrow so I will get my first taste of being home alone, I am pretty scared actualley, but sure once I get into the swing of it I will be fine.

ETA- Thanks for the new Avatar Bath it looks fantatic.

Good afternoon girls Just letting you know that Verity and I are flying up to Tamworth tomorrow morning for a week. Will be back on the 14th Jan. Hopefully this little break will refresh both body and spirit. DH will be caring for the boys, maybe going over to Sale to visit his dad. I hope he will cope.... I'm sure he will... too easy to worry though hey? I'll be staying with all my relos that live up that way including my sis (rosehannah) and will be meeting her youngest daughter for the first time! (She hasn't met Niall yet). Also, my SIL has had a new bub (little girl) about a week ago (after IVF). So I'll be surrounded by bubbas but will have all care but no responsibility! I'm really going to enjoy staying with my Dad and step mum and my grandparents too where I will be able to sit and do some cross stitch without sticky grabby little hands! Until then I hope everyone stays cool and relaxes as much as possible before the holiday period ends. I'll miss you all!

All the best, Bath! You know I'll be thinking of you I'm envious that you will be able to partake in crafts without sticky little fingers annoying you...my niece's first birthday present is sitting in my new desktop easel...still...half painted...
    Have a GREAT time! Verity might even enjoy the girly time without having to nurture babies, too. Big hugs for you!!

have a safe trip Bath and will be thinking of you!!

Have been reading but not replying ladies - glad to see most things are going well. Hopefully my m/s will come to and end soon and I'll be capable of more than a two line reply to anything.

ETA - love the new avs bath - yours is very pretty
    Last edited by jaspen; January 7th, 2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: compliments to the artist

Bath I hope that you have a wonderful relaxing time catching up with your family and enjoy been able to do things with out sticky fingers interupting you.

Ali, Rory and Bath I love all your new Av's, you've done a wonderful job again Bath.

hugs xoxo

Fantastic Av, Bath! You look ace!

*aww shucks* hehe ta girls... my background was meant to be transparent... but otherwise I am happy with it. I was too hot in my old clothes LOL needed a nice summery frock! Amanda: I hope i'll be updating your avvy with a preggy belly soon too! Hope your m/s eases soon too Jaspen!

ETA: Glad you found and are happy with the AirFlex shoes. Did they come with 2 inserts? That really helps to "refresh" the shoe after about 6 months of wear. Verity and i are going to have a battle agreeing on a new pair of school,shoes this year! She wants these horrid horrid ones that have absolutely NO support They are lined with cardboard! So hard and flat. I would rather spend extra $ on a pair of Doc Martins than what she wants. So I'm dreading that shopping trip when we return!
    Last edited by Bathsheba; January 7th, 2008 at 05:38 PM.

Can't I butt in ladies PLEASE

I just wanted to say WOW!!! your avatars look fantastic. I was hoping you could me out. I like the one that was done for me, but I wanted to make it a little more personal IYKWIM.

Could someone please tell me, which programme you use to make them up. I have been trying to find one, but had no luck. If you can't tell, I understand. Sorry again to butt in.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks Mel.

Mummy Mel: I use the Doll Palace and a few other similar sites but I also draw freehand in MS Paint. I drew my own dress for example. I've been doing avs for a few years so am getting the "knack". It can be a bit tricky to start off with. if you are familiar with Paint it's much easier. Sorry my InBox was full when you tired to send me a PM... I've deleted a few now so you can try again

ETA: Oh and I *think* i have done all the avvys in this Junies thread haven't I girls? MelS: I'll update yours too when i get back... Marely can toddle now etc PM me your other prefs.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; January 7th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

Bath - have a wonderful trip! Your reputation as the avatar queen is far reaching LOL!! You are so good at them, I think you have done all the Junies and they are by far the best! I really love your new one, the dress you designed is so summery! And yes the airflex come with 2 inserts, what a brilliant idea.

Nic - yeah, I think Marley didn't recognise DH without his goatie. She is getting much better with him now - thank god! Good luck with the big bed transition. I was one of the very late starters, Chelsea had her bed when she was 2 1/2.

Ali - your new av looks wonderful. Everything will be fine when DH goes back to work. Sometimes I think it helps you get into a better routine when you are on your own. You'll do great.

Jaspen - sorry to hear the m/s is still giving you grief.

Maya - get back to painting!

What a beautiful Melb day today. DH is on holidays so we took the girls to Jells Park. Chelsea got a scooter for her b'day so she took that along. It was a great day, Marley really loved paddling along the edge of the lake, then decided to sit in the water! Had a nice lunch in their restaurant and then home.

I am back at work tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! DH has the girls, so he'll be a busy boy tomorrow.

have a safe trip Bath! sounds like a great week ahead of you!

and love the green on you it suits you!!

yesterday i bought one of those leashes for Nixon, its a monkey one! so im teaching Nixon that its a "good boy" monkey and when he wears his special friend he is a very good boy and mummy holds onto his tail lol!
    will report back when i actually use it for the first time

Bath enjoy your trip- a much deserved break for you!

Nic- I had one of those for Tori and she wouldnt wear it, she just wanted to carry it around as a teddy LOL. I have bought just a norma harness now but am yet to try it out.

I am loving the new avvys too!!!

A bit of a bummer for me because I just realised this morning that I have to go back to work 2 days a week next month for sure. I was planning on at least 1 day a week in Feb but I did a finances check and 2 days it will have to be. Working 2 days just covers our basic expenses for the month - I guess I better start expressing now.....

Ollie is being a great sleeper so far - last night he fed at 9.30pm and woke for a feed at 4am and then again at 6am. I hope he stays that way once I start working.

DANG! Flynn's up - better go. BBL!

Bummer about having to go back to work so soon Rory.

Today is my first day at home by myself with both the kids and so far so good (although Pete has only been gone just over an hour) but I managed to get myself up and organised and we have just been for a walk, Liam fell asleep in the pram so we stopped so Tori could have a play at the park. Now I am having some brekky and a shower while Liam is still asleep. I am also making Tori's lunch now so that if Liam wakes for a feed at her lunch time it will be all ready to go.

I am trying really hard to eat well and get some excercise as I have lost 12.5 kgs since I had Liam, and I reall dont want to put any back on- I only have 8 kgs to go and I will be what I was when I fell pg with Tori. I am very determined this year to get fit and healthy.

Anyway better go and have a shower while peace reigns in the Smith household

great weight loss ali! ive been good on the healthy eating and sticking to my points but not the excercise part. I just dont find the time? i know i need to make the though.

Rory great Avater! i didnt really take much break from tupperware, although i havent done parties since Sept i continued to go to the meetins etc and from today started doing more manager stuff, realised we too need some more $$ if we are going to try and buy a house this year.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast