Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #48

Default Babies Born June 2006 #48

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie -
    [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Julie I'm so sorry that your MIL was so rude with what she said. Some people just don't understand how hurtful their words can be, it's not up to her how many kids you and James decide to have so she should butt out.

Maya I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Bath if you wouldn't mind could I get you to do me up another Av? Because I have no idea when I will be pg and would really like a new one for the new year.

Thanks for all the comments on my hair, I love it too, better go.

Yep, saw the piccies, Amanda - fantastic hairdo! I got mine done last week, too and I'm loving how choppy it is now!
    Julie - cowface! Yes, obviously you live your life with DH watching what those around you are doing and you are so consumed by competitiveness and a complete absence of sense of self, that you would copy and compete with someone else. And, yes, you would go so far as to bring your children into the fray. It's obvious. To a complete nutter!
    Rory - I LOVE the SPC factory, I hope you bring back lots of fruit! We've still got a couple of tins from the stash we amounted when we were in Shepp for a fire brigade comp...in 2005...!
    Trip - leaving the 22nd Jan, going to Ireland for a cousin's wedding, I'm singing at the wedding ceremony (Ave Maria and Jesu,Joy of Man's Desiring) for which I have been receiving some lessons (DP's cousin, DP is there now, fixing a gate which is payment for the lessons!). We'll do a bit of a road trip when there, visit family, see some sights, then to London for 5 days, one night in Dubai, then home. Polaramine is officially for Oscar...they serve brandy on planes, don't they??? So much to do - clothes to wash, floors to clean, kitchen to tidy, clothes to pack etc...so little time!
    Oooohh, I think our mechanic is out front looking at the Pulsar, better go!

Julie I know exactly what you are talking about. MIL's are *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My SIL is "trying" to catch up with me now, she is pg with no.4!

Julie- ignore that comment completley.... there's always gotta be someone though doesnt there??
    Maya- whats your plans with tupp when u get back? do you have any parties lined up for when u return? Oh Dubai i would LOVE to go there!!

ALMOST could have had a disaster unfold last night. I think ive told you Nixon likes to post things, always hiding things in crevaces, holes, behind things etc. Last night i had my team meeting at my place and he was a bit sooky cause he hadnt slept. he recently broke the dvd player in the louge room so i put him on our bed for a while to watch wiggles.

anyway later when everyone was gone boys in bed i went and put my pg's on and turned my lamp on. i had to come downstairs to use the computer to put my reporting through casue i knew i wouldnt have time thismorning (had another party) when i went upstairs i thought i smelt something odd, then i checked the candle that i had had burning but wasnt that. I went into the bedroom and there inside the lamp was the 2 remote controls. The dvd remote had started melting onto the lamp ontop of the batteries, so both batteries were leaking acid and the back of the remote is all mangled and twisted. the other remote remained intact but was very hot.
    OMG i freaked out, what if a fire started? our room is in between the boys and me being downstairs i wouldnt have even known. DH is away atm so he wasnt here either......only hrs before i was chatting to one of the girls about how my manager lost her house 5yrs ago in a fire.
    i usually check the light because thats one of his favourite spots to hide things but i was just so tired and wanted to hurry and do what i had to do so i could go to bed........hmmmmmm

omg Nic - how scary! Glad you got to it in time - what a little monkey!

Juli ex

How freaky Nic! I have to watch for these things, too - wake up call last night with a house lost nearby, it lit up the valley like a Christmas tree before it was brought under control. Started by a candle. Not sure about Tupp, gotta see what fits where. I have been very quiet for ages and I'm probably inactive by this stage! If that's the case, then I'll leave it for now and start up again later on, but closer to home. The Thomastown thing is killing me.
    Better go, Oscar's refiling my files...

Oh Nic I know that feeling!!! Wade had a tall lamp with a cane shade the shape of a cigar with holes at the top and bottom. One evening after dinner DH and I smelt a strange smell. Wade was asleep in his bed but the smell was coming from his room. Only the lamp was on. BUT he had shoved all these pull-up nappies and several stuffed toyes until it was crammed full!!! The nappy and toy that was against the globe has melted and were a mangled black mess! OMG the stink! We moved Wade to our room for the night and opened the windows. It was lucky the whole thing didn't burst into flames.... the cane shade being so flammable and all! Geeze, kids sure keep you on your toes!

PML Jaspen's mobile phone was ringing me, unbeknownst to her! it rang several times, DH answered quite perplexed... hehe, she sent me an SMS soon after to explain... it must have been in her bag. DH said he could hear muffled conversations.

Julie: Oh what a silly thing to say, some people just don't think do they?
    Maya: Loved your post regarding Julie's "obvious" rationale! I LOL
    Amanda: (avatar) easy done matey, same set out? new hair and clothes? I'll send you a draft, probably early next week... PM me any preferences. Would you like a summery top? Cody standing as a toddler?

Julie - what a comment and one only a MIL could make! I'm sure their mouths work before their brains. Do you really need to compete with DH's sister living in another country. Forget about her insensitive comments and enjoy being pregnant (apart from the m/s). Glad to hear you might have you place fixed soon.

Maya - you must be getting excited! My GF (the one who was in Japan) is terrified of flying so she knocks herself out with valium and her DH has to look after the kids LOL!!! On the way back from Japan, they stopped in Hong Kong for a while got back on the plan, took some valium and next thing she is being woken up ready to land in Sydney. She missed all the food (they were in Business Class) and the trip. She was wrapt. Flying just freaks her out and she has panic attacks. I think the brandy might be a safer option LOL! How many house fires have their been lately started by candles, scary. I bet you knock them over with your beautiful singing at the wedding.

Bath - how funny about Jaspen's phone. MIL doesn't know how to lock her keypad so we constantly get calls from her then hear her talking in the car or somthing. I know you asked me before xmas about a new av, I think I just need an update to make Marley a toddler. But will let you know if I think of anything else.

Nic - scary stuff. Pity they can't make globes not get so hot. Do those new energy saving ones stay cooler? At least you are all ok and disaster averted.

Ali - hope you stayed cool today. We are getting the heat tomorrow and Saturday I think.

Worked today, very busy but I like it that way. DH goes back to work on Sunday, so next week will be interesting to see if I can get back into doing 2 drop offs in the morning with the kids.

oh yes Bath i think i remember that story, gosh the things they do hey. DH came home tonight and i showed him the remote and told him what happened, he was pretty surprised at the damaged and the fact the battery acid didnt ignite. the light in incased in the lamp which is a suede material so how that didnt catch fire is very lucky, maybe i made my decision to go to bed when i did for a very good reason......

anyway today i took a pic of Tyron in an outfit of Nixon's, have a look in my gallery! They are close to the same age (Nix might be a little older) but his clothes were pretty tight on Tyron but anyway they look so much alike i think, anyway u make the decision!

Hiya girls - was gonna post a bit more than a short one but people who were coming over for lunch (ie: a family of 5 adults - all picky eaters) on Sunday are now coming tomorrow! EEK! Off to work out what to cook!

ETA - Wow Nickers - they are so similar!! I hadn't thought of doing that with Flynn and Ollie

Hello everyone,
    I hope you all have recovered from your Christmas and New Year. We had an awesome fun time with loads and loads of family. We still have my SIL and her two kiddies visiting so that has been great aswell as having the InLaws still in town. Been really great but full on catching up with everyone.

Melissa's finger looks awesome, she had an infection in it and required another lot of antibiotics and daily dressings but it is now all healed. The Dr's are really impressed with how much of her finger she has grown back. It is still shorter then her other middle finger but is a tiny bit longer then her two fingers either side of it and to their astonishment her fingernail has regrown almost perfectly. I'm so relieved and grateful.

Our other exciting news is Michael got a new job with the mine he is now at but with the parent company and we are moving, we will be joining him in Indonesia in July, in time for their new school year. The deal is very very sweet, it includes a very healthy salary, free accomodation which is fully furnished, an ample travel allowance and they will pay for the girls boarding school here in Australia or anywhere in the world at a school of our choice. They also supply us with a shipping container to move what ever we choose to move over, I'm taking my bed, lol. The town is a little isolated but I am told that the town is very modern and has great facilities for it's location. The school apparently has state of the art IT equipment and resources so excellent for primary school.
    I'm really excited but some what apprehensive about the move. I could go earlier if I wanted to but It will take me 6 months to get everything organised.

Oh Dee that is fabulous news on both counts and good to have you back! How marvellous that Melissa's finger has healed so well! Was it Brianna that was with her when it happened? she must be so relieved too It is awful that it happened to such a weenie girl but probably her age helped her recover so well!

And the job - wow! Not only a new country but I assume you will be able to see more of Michael? How long do you think you wil stay, or is it too early to decide? It will be great with the kids being so young - you will have less of the "How dare you take me from my social circle" stuff I assume.

Julie I forgot to say - MILs are such pains - grr!

Well last night I made vegetarian and meat sauces for a lasagne today - now all I need to do is the bechamel and buy the lasagne sheets. Was going to make my own pasta but thought that is too risky to do with short notice and a newborn. But he's not so new anymore - 8 weeks old next Wednesday. He will be driving a car before I know it

LOL Rory
    He will be driving a car before I know it
    , it is kinda like that isnt, Liam is 4 weeks tomorrow, I am like OMG where has it gone.

Dee- Great to hear from you, what wonderful news about Micheal's job, what an adventure for your whole family, and what an experience for the kids to learn about a different culture. Are you going to send any of the girls to boarding school or are you taking them all with you? Will you continue with your studies?

Liam had a fantastic nights sleep last night (after about an 5 hour arsenic hour session) he slept from 9-3:30 then 4-7. Unfortunatley Tori was up at 4am again, so DH got up with her about 4:30. I hope that this last tooth makes its appearance soon so we can all go back to getting some sleep.

ETA- I have added some new photos into the gallery
    Last edited by *Ali*; January 19th, 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Dee- omg thats awesome that Melissa's finger has healed so well ive been thinking about you guys wondering how she was doing. And wow big move thats great! and smart move on taking 6months to get yourself organised and ready for it all. there ust be so much to think about and organise between now and then

going to look at your pics now ali.
    Rory - yeah i figure i will try to do it once a month take a look at what pics i had of Nixon and do a similar pic of tyron to compare. so far do you think your boys look alike?
    another week down and i lost another 1.1kg yay! 2.5 in 2 weeks cannot complain!

Ali - gorgeous pics! Love the shower one, the close ups are the best and black and white look great. Oh and I love Tori eating her roast!!! Bugger about the early mornings esp as Liam is sleeping in. Hope it gets better soon for you all.

Nic - they do look alike, both gorgeous!! Great idea taking pics in the same clothes. You are doing an awesome job on the weightloss, hope you are giving yourself a huge pat on the back.

Dee - how fantastic on the move to Indonesia and what an experience for you and the family. And sounds like a ripper deal. Great to hear Melissa's finger is healing well.

Rory - when are we going to see some pics of Ollie? I have been dying to see how he is growing. Don't you just hate fussy eaters? Hope they enjoyed your yummy lasagne, sounds delicious.

We've had a pretty busy weekend. Chelsea had a friends bday party Sat which was great. Today we went to Flemington Craft Market and the weather was pretty ordinary and the market not very busy. I have been trying to find an art smock and library bag for Chelsea and I wanted the smock to have a plastic front. Its been so hard to find one and I found this lady online and she sells at the market. Long way to go for an art smock but she was there and I loved her designs. Bought both and she even gave me discount! Then went to the Dirt Cheap Books place at Airport West at got 5 books for $25. I am now stocked up on reading material for a little while.

Off to a friends tomorrow for lunch so better get to bed.

Dee yay on the move , we'll have to organise a meet up before you go. Good news about Melissa's finger as well.

Mel not long now until Chelsea starts school, how are going with that? Yay at getting 5 books that cheap, as well as the art smocks and library bag. I've still got to get the boys books and they're going back next Tuesday.

Rory lol, they do just grow to fast don't they.

Nic yay on losing 2.5kgs in two weeks good on you.

Well as I said the boys go back to school next Tuesday and I've just got to get they're books this Wednesday and cover them as well as get Lockie some shorts and then I will be back into walking again, I've got a bit lax over the holidays. Other then that not much is going on.

What does everyone have planned for Australia Day long weekend?

hugs xoxo

Maya - if you read this, have an absolutely awesome holiday! I will be thinking of you on the plane with polaramine and brandy in hand LOL!!!

Amanda - you must have so much organising to do with your boys at school. I feel a bit flustered with 1! Chelsea starts next Wednesday and I pick up her books this Wednesday. I have to pick up her school shoes and sneakers too. I got my labels and just need to label everything, so nearly there. I can't believe she is starting school but she is very excited about it. I know what you mean about being lax over the holidays, I seriously need to get my bum into gear and start exercising again. On the days I don't work, I will be walking Chelsea to school, its only about 15 mins away so that should help.

For me not much happening on the long weekend. DH is working nightshift starting Sunday and Chelsea is going for a sleep over at my brother and SIL place on Friday. MIL b'day dinner Sat night.

I ordered some Stuck on You labels a few weeks ago, they had a back to school starter pack. The bag tag I ordered, as I saw on the website was a yellow butterfly with black border and black text. When they arrived, it had a white border and white text that you couldn't really read. I double checked the website and it only had the black bordered one. I wasn't really happy with it so emailed them. They replied very quickly and said that they should have removed the black one from the website as they don't make it anymore and they would take my suggestion about the white text being difficult to read to their weekly meeting. They are going to send my another one of my choice at no extra charge! I thought that was great customer service, so I have ordered a different one with black text.

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all going well. Work tomorrow so best get moving and get my stuff ready.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast