Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #5

Enigma- have u tried nibbling her nails? I found this was much easier then trying to cut those tiny finger nails. DH cut his 2 big toe nails for the first time on the w/e, all others still too small but fingernails seem to grow heaps quicker. Just when im feeding him i will grab a finger and gently nibble the top off!!

its mostly photo's i am doing, i have a few things like his little photo therapy sunnies, wrist bands, name tag thingy that was on his cot. Then just stickers, diff coloured paper etc, you write in it too so its kind of like a story with photos

My mum scrap books too, but she's got 6 kids, between the ages of 12 and 22... and she's just started out. Its gonna take her forever, at least you've started str8 away!!
    Nickers, how'd you get the photo therapy sunnies? I didnt get to keep them I dont scrapbook, but i like to keep little things like that...
    JEss and Nickers- which hospital were Nixon and Patrick at after birth??

Sorry I have been AWOL again, once again it's a case of reading (nearly) all of your posts, but then not getting a chance to reply as one or the other of the kids demands my attention - how rude, LOL!!

Emotional ups and downs - yes, I can put my hand up to this one, some days I just want to cry and cry and feel so sorry for myself, whilst others I can't believe how lucky I am to have 2 beautiful healthy children etc etc. And it is the tiniest things that can make or break my day eg. if I get to drink my morning coffee in peace. I think the basis of it is a "what about me?" thing, when my whole day, week, life is spent meeting other people's needs.

Freya is still very demanding, likes to be held all day, and will sleep for long stretches at night so long as she is sleeping with me. In her cot, forget it. She has started really smiling and cooing, which is lovely though and makes me feel like I'm doing something right. DS has been great, he is dealing with it very well...I love toddlers, give me one any day over a baby, although I think most people tend to feel the opposite.

Sorry for lack of personals, but I hope you and your bubs are all doing well!

Nice to hear from you Jo
    Also nice to hear that toddlers are bearable - makes me that one bit less afraid to enter the terrible two's stage

How long are babies not supposed to sleep during the day ???
    Aneta only wakes once at night ( usually around 3am )... then again at 6am... but once she wakes for her 9am feed thats it , she usually doesnt sleep again until 2pm or later

Nic - ive heard many people nibble babies nails - much easier safer than scissors... im not sure if im game enough to give it a go - will try tho! Thanks

Simone- Patrick was born in Shepparton (GVBH) but he was supposed to be born at RWH.The day he was born , my Ob was actually just putting my referral into the Maternal and Fetal Health Department.

OMG what a monkey Alex is. We tend to have a really good day (like yesterday when DH was home) and then he becomes a nightmare the next day. Of course because he is good when DH is around, Dh can't see what all the fuss is about!! Grr...

Gaby has been sick since Staurday too so that hasnt helped things, she started off witha hight fever for around 24 hours and now it looks like she has a chest cold. So she is just one whingy little girl and I hate to say it the whinges are reallly starting to get on my nerves!!

Tanya I dont blame you for writing a letter, imagine if they are doing this to all the women! At least now it might have a chance to heal.

Good to hear Jess that you your DH is back, hope it all works out.

Jo I hear you about reading the posts but not getting a chance to reply - that seems to be my mantra. It is lovely when they are starting to smile, even when I am tired and emotional when Alex gives me his gummy grin I forget all about everything else.

Not sure what you can do about that fitball addiction Enigma, you might just have to go cold turkey for a couple of days and put up with the screaming even tho that is hard to do. Good luck!

Ok... it's the tricky time of day... not the best time to attempt a lot of personals but I'll give it a go.

Enigma: regarding day time sleeping - all babies are different, some day sleep for longer than others (I think Niall is going to fit into this category) whilst others are like Aneta... it's all good if they seem content I also nibble fingernails, much safer. I bought a pair of baby clippers but it was a waste of money - too hard to use on a moving target and even tricky to use when they are asleep.

Nic: Yes I'm hoping to go along to the next restaurant club dinner... haven't checked out the thread but will as it gets closer to the date (the 12th?) Would be great if another Junie could come along... where are you IK????? And yeah... where are those girls who popped in briefly just before they had their babies??? I saw Mizzsocial around in other threads... she had her baby in June... wish they'd all come in and say "hi"

Jo: great to see you again! Good to hear you're not having too many issues with Kaleb. he must be a darling I feel bad about whinging in here so much about Wade... but he is honestly more challenging than Niall... ATM he is unpacking my kitchen cupboards and pushing chairs into the kitchen so he can reach higher shelves... if i try to return the chairs back to the table he throws a wobbly and tips them all over! We have polished floorboards that are becoming very scratched because he is constantly pushing furniture and it's also very noisey with the constant scraping of chairs. Uh oh, here i go again... whinge whinge... meanwhile Niall has slept most of the day, fed 3 times, had about 2 separate hours of quiet alert time... no crying, no fuss, easy peasy! LOL

Simone: Good to hear Anneliese is better. Oooh lost posts are the worst!!! I really sympathise on that one! I at least try to remember to copy mine onto clipboard (mainly in case Wade decides to wander past and hit the keyboard or the reset button).

Jess: Who exactly is the woman calling your DH? Sounds like she lives o/s if she doesn't realise what time it is when she rings? Is she an internet friend?

Emishka: yay! You're back (((Hugs))) sorry to hear things are tough... I don't think things are cruisey for anyone ATM... please feel free to share your troubles... no need to put on brave faces in here... we're all feeling fragile and understand

Tulip: Oh don't be silly darl, you're not a bad mum because you forgot to pack a spare suit! Niall has to wear pink outfits half the time (Verity's old ones) because we run out... even in public once and a cafe worker said "Oooh she's gorgeous!" I had to explain that he'd dirtied all his suits and that he was wearing his sister's... didn't bother me but she was embarrassed. Honestly Lucas wouldn't care what he was wrapped in... he probably does care that you are upset though so don't sweat the small stuff hon. Easy for me to say though LOL me who sweats and frets about the incredible MESS Wade makes all day everyday ARGGGGGH! he has just learnt to open tuna tins and one is smeared all over the kitchen floor... naughty mummy for wanting a bit of adult conversation!

Had better go... sorry girls I've missed... might get back on later...

Ohhh... quickly: can't believe I've missed 3 posts since starting mine! Sorry girls! Poor Tulip!!!! (((Hugs)))

ETA: received the first part of Niall's birth certificate today and they said the other part is on it's way... separated for security reasons apparently. So, Yay! i didn't have to pay the increased fees... (charges went up as of the 19th of June from $39 to about $50 I think)... backdated my application and only paid $39 for standard and a commemorative certificates). I'm such a miser! LOL

Hello,

went and had Nixon weighed again today and boy has he put his foot down on growing!
    weight: 4860g up 610g in 2 weeks
    length: 59cm up 2.5cm in 2 weeks
    head: 38.5cm up 1cm in 2 weeks

we have now finished all newborn nappies and into infant and over the last few days wearing the last of his 0000 stuff. offically today i have put away all 0000 (besides one jumpsuit thats longer) and he's a 000 boy now! hehehe seems like such a milestone to me!
    He is going to be tall i think his length keeps going higher and higher on the graph, his arms i think are long too the smaller outfits with sleeves always look like 3/4 length.

Simone i think after photo therapy was finished they just left the sunnies down below with all his personal stuff so i brought them home! they are pretty cute! Nixon was born in Mercy Woman's Hospital Heidleberg
    ]
    Tanya-
    glad the nurse is going to help you and writer a letter, he must have really done a unprofessional job by the sounds of it. could she not have given you a needle down there just to numb the pain when trying to get the stitches out?
    Also only just been able to start scarpbooking in the last week. Lucas is not yet a month old, I was only just getting Nixon home about this time now and did not have any free time.

Bath- thats great you didn't have to pay the $50 for Nialls b/cert.

Nixon just slept for 2hrs in the car he loves his seat! (did a page of scrapbooking and got a start on dinner)i didnt want to disturb him when we got home but eventually got him up just now otherwise he wont wanna sleep tonight, who knows how much longer he would have gone!

Well I am feeling particularly Grumpy at the moment, I was just sitting down to do my Tax and realised that I am going to have a bill of nearly $1000........ really the last thingI need when I am on Maternity leave. The reason it is going to be so much is becase when we lived in the country we were in a goverment subisdised teachers house, which apparently comes up as a Fringe Benifit...........grrrrrrrrr still not happy! I am going to ring the Ed. Dept tomorrow and check that the amount is right, because we moved at in the beginning of Dec last year!

Anyway on to less grumpy things....... Tori is sleeping much better at night now, so I am sleeping better as well, which makes the days so much easier to deal with. I have only just gotten her down this afternoon though after being awake for about 4 hours.

Nic- Great to hear that Nixon is doing so well with his growing. Hooray for being in 000, I cant wait for Tori to get into hers, I have so many cute things in 000, just waiting for her to wear.

Bath- Don't feelbad about venting about Wade in here, it gives us new mums a bit of a taste of what having a Toddler is really like, plus venting is healthy and if it makes you feel better then it is better for both you and Niall in the long run.
    Gabysmum- Sorry to hear that Gaby isnt well, hopefully she will be feeling better soon. I can really sympathise with what you are experience with Alex being good one day and a monkey the next, Tori is exactley the same, and the bad days are usually ones where I am at home alone and no one else gets to see.

Tanya- Sorry to hear that the Dr's did such a bad job of stiching you up, I cant believe that they didnt use disolving stiches- that is really bad, hopefully it will be feeling less painful soon and heal up well. Don't feel bad for forgetting to pack a spare suit of Lucas, remember we are still new at all of this and it is going to take us some time to get it down pat.

Jo- Sorry to hear that Freya is being so demanding, it can get so tiring when they want to be held all the time. When I have days like that I am literally waiting at the front door for DH and handing her over as he walks in.

Simone- Glad to hear that Anneliese is feeling better, must be a huge relief.

Enigma- I dont know how you are going to break Aneta of her fit ball addiction- have you thought about going to Fit ball addicts anonymous YOu might have to just do the cold Turkey thing, or alternate that with something else.
    I know how freaked out you must have gotten when Aneta stopped breathing- maybe you should have a look on Ebay for an Angelcare monitor if you dont want to pay for a new one- I think it is the best thing that we ever bought, I can go to sleep at night knowing that if something happens then the alarm will go off and wake me up.

Meetups- I am totally up for a meet, anything to have some adult converstation during the day. It will also be nice to spend some time with other people with babies, it is so hard when almost no one I know has babies, everyone else gets sick of hearing about baby stuff!

Well I am going to join the Gym this week, and hopefully go back after my 6 week checkup on Friday, I figure that I can go when DH gets up from work (he usually finishes and is home by 3ish) and it will be MY TIME, to have all for myself. Like others have said it is not that I dont love Tori to death, but I really hanging out to have something to do that is just for me.

Been getting a bit worried the last week or so becaus Tori wouldnt take EBM from a bottle, I was beginning to think that I would never be able to go out anywhere without her. We have been using AVENT bottles but she was just nothappy with htem,and she always ended up spilling more than she drank, and would get very cranky about taking it. Today I bought a NUK bottle to try and she was much much happier and managed to drink the whole amount (I only put in about 30ml because I was tired of wasting BM). I am going to try and give her some EBM from a bottle everyday to get her used to it.

Anyway a big Hello to everyone I have missed, I hope all is well.

Bath- Believe it or not, this "girl" lives in Melbourne! She knows exactly what time it is, she just doesn't care! DH had been talking to her since before we got internet and it's just continued. To start off with I didn't care that much but now it's just ridiculous.
    She rang again at 8.30am this morning, I asked DH who was looking after the baby and he said she had just put him back down for a nap! I said(at 11am, when the 3rd phone call came!) doesn't she have anyone else to talk to, and he said yeah, but she's asleep still.
    I am sorry bout my rants but I have noone else to talk to so,please feel free to ignore me!
    Pat s finally asleep and I hope he stays that way for the time being.He was up from 12am -3am last night because Bella kept him awake.

So much to catch up on!
    Sorry if I don't address things you've been talking about - I'm a bit overwhelmed now!
    The weekend was rather full. GF brought lunch around on Sat and it was just lovely. We're going to her stepdaughter's play on Friday night...we'll see how I go with Oscar but he should be ok if I pick up on his hungry cues in time to get out of the auditorium. Sat night we went to the brigade annual dinner - I scrubbed up real well in a mere 10 minutes! Many mummies said it wasn't fair that I had a waist and a flat tummy after nearly 6 weeks...had to tell them that it wasn't a firm tummy by any stretch of the imagination! We went to the captain's for an after party and didn't get home till 5am...but Oscar just slept in the Hug a Bub outside of his feed times. Sunday we woke late and went straight to BIL's for lunch, and didn't get home till about 11pm.
    Today I slept in and then used a straightener from Priceline...I"m sure it works well on other hair types, but lucky I was only expecting it to have a 'relaxant' effect on my super curly hair...cos that's all it did! Never mind, at least it should be more manageable, being that I really don't get the time to style it properly and am starting to get a headache from tying it in a pony tail.
    Myself and a bunch of brigade partners are having a big, unashamed girls weekend in September. We're off to Daylesford and I'll have my first facial!! Oscar's going to be the only baby and I'll have plenty of arms to offload him to when I have a pampering appointment. I am SOOOO looking forward to this now. It'll be fun to pack Oscar up and take him away with me
    Is anyone else totally hopeless?? I've been gushing over my boy and at my boy and I can't help it. I really am enjoying him. This mummy caper is a bit nice. We've got out post natal class at the birth centre tomorrow night and I'm a bit excited about it.
    Must go and fold some nappies, being that we have none folded and ready for use...I'm getting hungry so I hope DP doesn't object to getting dinner ready...
    Will try to pop in again tonight...
    BTW monitors at Aldi look really good and are really cheap...

hey everyone...
    Anneliese had a feed at midnight, then only woke me up once, at about 4am, then i woke her at 8.30, as i was leaking... It was so good to have a decet nights sleep for once... She's got such a runny nose, i had her wrapped and laying propped on her side (as she's been spiting up abit lately, i dont want her to choke on it...) (but i love my angelcare monitor in case she does... ) and it had run down her face and it had dried... i had to sit there and carefully peel it off ewww...
    Hope everyone's ok, getting enough sleep... Stop worrying all you new mum's, us mum's with more than one have screwed up before... I've gone places without nappies and clothes and stuff before, Its just baby brain!! Dont stress, you're all doing brillintly

Howdy,
    not much to report at this end that i haven't already just wanted to say
    pinch & a punch for the first of the month!!!"

littlerigger Guest

hit & a kick for being so quick!

LOL Verity was dreading (in a mock way) going to school today because apparently all the girls line up in two rows inside the classroom door and pinch and punch as new arrivals walk through the door! I gather they don't get too physical.

Just back from playgroup and the tailors where I am having my favourite pair of pants taken in... saggy pants around the bottom not a good look... it's where i've lost the most weight... dare I say all that itching was worth it??? Apparently weight loss is a symptom of that condition I had whilst pregnant. Now the challenge is to keep it off! I'm trying to deal with sugar cravings by snacking on dried fruits instead of chocolate and biscuits.... seems to be working... gotta get another bag of banana chips. Starting to donate my largest sized clothing... also found out that Savers gives you a in-store discount if you donate clothing (between 10% - 50% depending on what you donate)! I'm looking forward to going back next weekend with most of my maternity clothes and buying some more pants, those Colorado ones are fantastic! I know my pelvis bones probably will contract more (shrinking the hip measurement) but I really do need something to wear now despite all my warnings to you all not to go out buying clothes for 6 months after having your baby! Even girls who had caesars will probably find that their hips will shrink back into place over the next few months so just try to avoid buying anything really expensive!

IK: I was on the verge on sending you an sms message asking if you were ok! Good to see you back and that nothing has been seriously wrong in your world other than hair concerns LOL Mine's become hard to manage too... it still seems to be growing incredibly fast and since having it cut short I'm finding that I'm needing to revisit the hairdressers too frequently to have it kept tidy Not good for my budget... think I might just regrow it long and go back to pony tails again.... much easier.... once i went over a year without having it cut and it looked good the whole time... the only downside is it takes forever to wash and dry when it gets real long.

Nic: Wow Go Nixon! another fabulous set of stats
    Ali: I've heard that Avent teats are the main culprit with nipple confusion... something about them being too short... NUK ones are brilliant, it's what I've always used and never had any problems... I think the shape of NUK ones are much closer to the shape our nipples are when our babies are attached correctly ie quite deep in the mouth.
    Jess: yep, I made the mistake once of not being overly concerned about a friendship between my DH and a female work colleague... it ended up way too intimate I should have expressed my concern and hurt a lot earlier (no use insisting they stop being friends because that usually only makes them draw closer together). Once my DH realised how deeply hurt I was he realised what he was doing was stupid and now has huge regrets... anyhow, my advice would be to calmly but insistently let your DH know how much you are feeling hurt and insecure. It's very wrong that he take advantage of your vulnerable state and (here's my Dr Phil moment: ) he really needs to ask himself what he wants: does he want to meet his own needs to the point of compromising those of his whole family? is he aware of the consequences of his actions? Which is greater in his mind: feeling needed by this woman or his family? Does he know he can't have both? and finally: what's his definition of "success" as a man? is it being an attractive option for any woman he fancies or is is being a reliable rock of support to his wife and family.... let him know that what he is doing wouldn't be defined as achieving success by many people... infact it's disgusting and if more people knew what he was doing they'd call him a "loser" for behaving this way so soon after his wife has given him a new child. Sorry if this sounds harsh but it's a subject close to the bone with me.

Uh oh... I can see a few new posts have come in again since i started writing this... better check them out before I go have a nap...

Just in case some of you don't have email notification:

This email is to let you know that the BellyBelly Forums will be down tomorrow morning, Wednesday the 2nd August, at 8am for around 10 minutes. The host needs to do some work on the databases on our server. Therefore the forums will not be available during this time.

littlerigger Guest

thanks bath.

new pictures are up!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast