Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #5

I'm sorry that I've been MIA for the last week or so, but I've been trying to catch up with most of the threads.

I got the flu really bad last Friday night and still have it now, but it has really knocked the stuffing out of me, I've had very high fevers, no appetite, funny taste in my mouth and to top things off on Wednesday I got an ear infection to boot, so I feel like death warmed up and the Dr said I was lucky not to have collasped yet. I was lucky as my mummy has come down from Hervey Bay to look after me yesterday and today, which is very nice of her taking time off work and all.

Cody luckily has caught this cold or flu except a bit of a runny nose which I'm using Fess, to keep it clear and unblocked for feeding as he was having some issues with that earlier in the week but its getting better now. Last nite he had a feed at 2am then slept until 7:30am so I was very happy about that.

Now DH and DS2 & 3 are getting this flu, so we're not a happy house hold at this moment and I've had my fair share of crying outbursts this week with feeling sick and tiried and not getting the understanding from DH that I would have like and having and arguement with him just to get him to take me to the Drs, not good.

Better go and try and finish catching up. Nic the pixie photos look so cute.

hugs xoxo

*Hugs* Amanda... I've only got a mild cold and am finding it hard let alone having to deal with what you're going through! Thanks for reminding me about the Fess, Niall has a bit of a snuffly nose too. I've got some that I couldn't use during pregnancy though I bought it for my snuffles then. Does Cody cry after you use it on him? It's a totally foul taste/sensation when it goes down the back of your throat.... still if it helps them to breathe...

Have just put Wade to bed early... he asked for a bottle of milk so I made it for him and he's in there in bed with it, quiet for what seems like the first time today! *sagging with relief*

Hello everyone!

I've been busy trying to get my dress finished for the ball tomorrow - would you believe it today I had a cup-a-soup for lunch and spilled it all over my dress so I had to rinse it out and its now hanging up drying naturally. :eek: I am so tempted to put it in the dryer but am worried it may shrink!

Amanda: sorry to hear about your bout of flu and hope you're feeling better now.

Cee-cee: Great to hear about Alex's kidneys darls - our prayers worked for you!

Enigma: When did you go to Bankok? I only skimmed the last thread and last few posts so sorry if I'm not up to speed.

Candy: How's those projects going dare I ask? Can you believe I couldnt' get a large feather in any craft shop or dept store to make a 1920s headress? Gawd how annoying!

Well Aleise is doing pretty well but she's still wearing 0000 clothes and she has so many nice 000 ones we were given that she may not be able to wear as I fear that it will be summer by the time she's that size! Matt's mum came over today and spent time with her - she has started up her own purse sized album of Aleise too which is rather cute. And yes sorry girls but she is a great baby and is still sleeping through the night. We put her down about 10 or 11pm and she only wakes once (about 4am) for a feed and then sleeps again until 9 or 10am. We are very lucky and I just hope the teething stage isn't too bad as I'll be back at work by then.

I'd better go as she's stirring - will catch up and do more personals soon.
    Hugs all 'round!
    Neenyxxoxoo

Quote Originally Posted by Bathsheba
    Perhaps he is bored at home and now with the new baby I just can't give him the attention he seems to require, all I seem to do is reprimand him all day. He just wanders around the house being destructive eg tipping the dining chairs over CRASH every time i sit down to feed Niall then wandering into the pantry or opening the fridge (I DO feed him, but he usually doesn't eat it even if it's what he asked for)... I'm having to stop feeding and chase after him all day! I've tried finding an activity to do whilst feeding like reading a book or doing a puzzle but some times he just doesn't want to do that and wanders off. I'm so sorry about venting in here about him all the time but the buddy group for his agegroup has been closed probably because the people with toddlers his age are too busy chasing their toddlers around to post on here!!!
    I found the same thing was/is happening with both Bella and Lizzie!Lizzie is in daycare twice a week and Bella gets so bored that she gets destructive as well.
    Unfortunately for me I don't know anyone who has kids Bella's age around here, I thought about joining a mum's group but here if you aren't " a Mawson, or a Kelly etc" you aren't part of the town, there is so much *****iness here in this town

Good morning ladies!
    Early morning here so I thought I would say hi.
    Jack went on his first(and his last he informed me!) camp during the week.He went to Anglesea for 3 days and while he had a lot of fun, he was happier to get home!
    Thats all from me atm. See ya

Bathsheba - fully understand your frustrations with Wade - DS#1 is almost the same age and I must say I sometimes look back at the end of the day and try to member an hour where he wasn't "in trouble" but as you said it really is just the age - I've had plenty of people tell me that 3 is harder than 2. Feel free to vent cause as you know there are a few of us in here with the same age kids and we understand. Having DS#1 in daycare has proved the right thing for us - I will go back to no more than 2 days when we move cause he/I really don't need the three he's at daycare currently- but with all the health issues I've ahd and now with the shift and trying to organise that the three days he's in at the moment has made for a much happier house on the other four days when he's home (I don't really get definite weekends when DH is home cause of the roster he works so 7 days is just 7 days to me) as I've been able to get things done when he's not home and thus spend more time with him when he is - although!!!!!!I still spend a lot of the day saying no, don't, etc. I just want to know why its now they choose to lose their ability for independent play (at home anyway) LOL. Hope you get a bit of a break over the weekend.

Ceecee - great news about Alexandras health - I'm sure its help you relax a bit. Hope the pain with BF eases soon - has anyone been able to help you with this???

Tulip - the eating and showering thing sounds very familiar Tanya especially first time round - but please try and make sure you eat and keep your strength up. Hopefully DH might give you a break (of sorts) over the weekend, by taking Lucas for a walk or something so you can catch some proper sleep or a relaxing shower. You're right though it takes a while - and even then DHs still don't get it all the time - for DHs to understand your needs when they walk through the door at the end of the day - unfortunately sometimes they need it laid out to them in black and white.

Anyway Samuel's waking again by the sounds so better go attend cause DH no doubt has his deafness switched up LOL

HOpe all have a good weekend and those feeling a bit off colour manage some rest and an improvement in their health

Well we are a much happier household at the moment, Tori seems to have decided to start sleeping again (thank goodness) and we are having less dramas with reflux/ breathing problems- although having said that when she is feeding she gets so carried away that she has trouble breathing, it is quite hard to describe but its almost like the milk and air are trying to go down the same hole. I have to sit her up, and it takes her a couple of breaths to be able to breath properly. Apparently babies at that age have a floppy oesphagus (sp) and sometimes have trouble maintaining an airway- but it is supposed to be normal. I will get it checked again when I go to the Dr's this week.
    I LOVE my new Angelcare monitor, I have slept sooooooo much better the last couple of nights since we have had it.

Bath Sorry to hear that Wade is causing you a few drama's, must be difficult having a newborn that needs your attention as well as an active toddler.

Gabysmum
    I havent been to Phuket, but my folks went and quite enjoyed it. We are taking Tori to Bali at the end of Oct to visit MIL, but I guess it will be a little different for us because we have someone to stay with rather than having to stay in a hotel.

Amanda Sorry to hear that you havent been feeling well, it must be hard when you still have to do all the family things. Its great that your Mum was able to come down and help out.

Cee_Cee Fantastic news about Alex's Kidneys, you must be so relieved after all the worry that you went through during your pregnancy. I am so glad that you are starting to work out your feeding issues, but sorry that it is causing you pain.

Tanya I have to agree with the shower and breakfast thing, but I usually manage to have those jobs done by 10 or 11. I have a few suggestions that may help Lucas to sleep- they are things that we did for Tori when she would only sleep being held, might be worth a try. Looking at your pics you have the same Bassinet as us, we took the 2 weeks off the bottom end so that it was at an angle (this is supposed to help if there is any reflux problems) I think I remember you saying that he didnt like to be swaddled? What we have done is roll up some cloth nappies (you could use towels or blankets) and put them either side of Tori when she is sleeping, I think this helps her to feel more secure, and it is kinda like being held, because they are not in such a big space.
    I really hope that you find something that works for you, so that you can get some more rest.

Well I had better go and have a shower, get some brekky and get dressed. We are off to my Mum and dad's today for lunch. Ihope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Hi Junies
    Ali - I completely agree with you about the " rolls " on each side of baby. We got one of those pool floaties (the long spaghetti ones ) .. cut it into 2 pieces, wrapped them in towels or blankets and put them on either side of Aneta. She feels like she is still being held i think , because she sleeps a bit longer... Where did u get the angelcare monitor from and how much does it cost?

Tanya - Im in my p.j's with unbrushed hair , unshowered and unfed until about 3pm aswell... i just hope to god no one rings the doorbell before then. .. So dont worry you are not alone!

Jess - good to hear your son is back safe and sound from camp!

Bath - sorry to hear your having issues with Wade. But like you said , it sounds like maybe he feels he has to share you even more now, and he is rebeling - because at least that gives him more attention.. It's something us 1st time mums have to look forward to! -- But then in a few years there wont be a huge age gap between Wade and Niall and it will all be worth it

Me -DH was on " afternoon shift " , was meant to wake me around 1am and I was meant to start " night shift ".. I woke up and it was 6am ! ! ! .. I dont need my berocca dose today

oops... feeding time!
    Last edited by enigma; July 29th, 2006 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks Jaspen yep, having a bit of a break ATM... DH has taken Wade to the hairdressers with him. He'll be well behaved there because he loves going and having his hair cut... he sits on DH's knee still as a statue with just his eyes moving watching the "lady". At least that's no drama! He's much better behaved in the company of other people and it would really do him good to get out more. Yes, some children are "worse" when they are three; like my DD. When she was 2yo I was thinking "what's all the fuss about the Terrible Two's? She's fine" but then just before her third birthday (about Wade's age now) she started to go a bit feral. Wade just started earlier... they nearly all go through it and mostly come out the "other side" much more co-operative and have a really "sweet" age until their first year of school which can also go a bit wild... that's just from observing children at the ELC I worked at. Boys go a bit wild when they get their first surge of testosterone at about 4/5 so it will be interesting what kinds of things we'll be discussing with all our June Boys if we're still hanging out in BB! LOL

Tulip: yep... I was like that with my DD (first baby)... lucky to get out of my PJs, never showered until DH got home, hardly ate, rarely got out of the house for more than a quick dash to the local milkbar or mother's group. Even found it hard hanging the clothes on the line (because we were in an apartment that had it's lines downstairs). Not sure why I don't have these issues now other than just experience at knowing how to plan activities... also I guess I know that as long as Niall is in a safe place like his cot then it doesn't matter if he wakes from a nap and cries for a few minutes until i get out of the shower or finish helping Wade on the potty etc. With Verity i was very reluctant to let her cry at all, but now i guess i know it does not great psychological damage.... and infact seems to be a natural part of their day. I don't mean that I deliberately let Niall cry... it's just that I expect that he will and that it's ok... it doesn't stress me and i think he picks up on that and that could be why he's so settled... still things could change! Anyhow, don't feel bad if Lucas cries for 5 minutes or so when you are doing something vital like going to the toilet! In the end he will learn that you'll eventually arrive and that the scary lonliness doesn't last and that he can trust you etc.

Speaking of which Niall has just woken and been crying in a half-hearted fashion for about 2 minutes.... better go deal

Hi All,

Tanya- like Jaspen said make sure you keep your food/fluid intake up. what time does dh go off to work? maybe u could get him to bring u breakfast in bed in the morning so u atleast get something in your belly. DH most mornings asks if i want breakfast i will either be feeding, burping or getting up so he brings it in to me. Make life easier one less thing i have to get around to when i get up!
    CeeCee- Oh thats so great Alex's kidneys are fine.... what a huge weight off your shoulders!
    Amanda- thats crap you have been sick. i had a mild cold a few weeks ago and know how hard it was with one... hope dh and DS's dont get it too hard or we know what males are like when they are sick, the whole world is collapsing around them!
    Jess- So Jack didnt go wandering on camp?!
    Bath- maybe daycare a day or two is just what Wade needs? if money doesnt come into play he might find it very stimulating playing with boys and girls his age. is there somewhere u can tiral or would he have to be on a long waiting list?

Me- finally i have made a start on my scrap booking.
    yestersay i decided to get everything out on the dining table its the only way i will get it done. so far i had done Nixon's 1st page and that was it! but i had cut and shaped alot of pics with mum.
    so i did 2 pages yesterday and another 2 pages thismorning! feel good that I've atleast started.

Yesterday Nixon did 2 x 5hr between feeds! and thismorning he went 4hr 45min. so maybe he is starting to get more and not need to feed as often i am hoping! we went out to dinner with my work last night, i thought he'd b due @ 8pm and he slept till 10pm! fed him, didnt get home still midnight fed again and straight to bed went till 7.15am.

Well... by the time I got there he'd gone back to sleep woohoo I get to have a cuppa afterall... he's not due for a feed for another hour. If I'd gone to Niall immediately and picked him up he would have woken. I don't always let him cry, don't get me wrong, it's just a timely example of how sometimes being a "good enough" mum is possibly better than being a "perfect mum" and trying to be on hand immediately to meet every need instantly... know what i mean? Ah I'm no expert... lord knows what this little one is going to throw at me? So far so good though!

oh yeah tanya i read somewhere too that when a baby cries they actually release something like if we vent in here they cry and vent it out! it in the end relaxs them. so a crying baby usually means healthy baby! and int he long run a relaxed bubba!

If i can find it i will post but i also had a chart on the approx "cry time" per day of a baby from newborn to 6months. in the begining in might be like 45min a day then after 4 weeks it actually increases, then increases again and maybe again before starting to decrease around 3 months.
    when you start mothers group they will prob give u stuff to read to and like ive been getting just explains things and offers advice tips etc cause what works for one will not always work for another.

Bath- iev done that b4 heard Nixon, finished doing what i was doing and by the time i got to him he was asleep again! I think to sometimes they wake themselves and get startled, might not necisarily be hungry but just need to drift back to sleep

Might be MIA for a while ladies...DH took off today! I had an arguement with him and told him it is either me or the person he has been talking to for the past week that has been driving me crazy. He chose them....bit upset! Rephrase that bawling my eyes out here like a baby! New mobile number here as well 0407267443

#karen# Guest

Ceecee - What wonderful news, I'm so glad.
    Amanda - hope your household makes a speedy recovery.
    Bath - I know how you feel, even tho my boys are 6 & 9 , all they do lately is fight with each other aParticularly while I am feeding or tending to Nathan. It is absolutely exhausting trying to deal with their behaviour and get meals ready and feed and get housework done etc, etc... The time they are at school doesn't seem long enough.
    Oh Jess my prayers are with you, it has been a rough road hasn't it?
    Gotta go; screaming calls.
    Hi to everyone else.

Jess Im sorry to hear whats happened. I hope you get everything sorted as soon as possible, at the end of the day you have 6 beautiful children.. thats one huge accomplishment... your doing a great job and should be really proud of yourself. Males will be males unfortunatly

Enigma-i got my anglecare monitor from Target, during the toysale it was $143. Normally about $170. But they are a mat underneath that alarms if they dont breathe, and i montior so you can hear them (in care you didnt know... I got one as we were told that premmies were more at risk of sleep apnea, although anneliese never had an episode in hospital or since, i would hate for her to have one and me not know... Well worth the money.
    Well, it is flu season in our house, both the boys have had high fevers, hacking coughs, and spent wed night in hospital. Anneliese just has the sniffles, but its a pain, as she's not feeding very well, and it takes forever (well it seems like that, especially at night!!)
    Hope everyone's surviving...
    ps bathsheba, my ds#1 who's 3 gets destructive when i feed bub, mainly hurting his younger brother (who's 16 months) If he wants attention, he's getting it... the negative type. Doesnt it just drive you crazy!! And ds#1 has also been getting up at night... must be the way when they're that age and you have another one... grrrrr....

Tanya- good girl for taking some time out! Most definatley you need your own time and shouldnt feel bad for it. I enjoy the rare times i get to go somewhere without Nixon, not because i don't love him and love being with him but you really just need your own time.
    Glad you bought yourself some nice stuff too!

Ok i found this chart. This is an APPROXIMATE number of hours in a day that a baby cries
    Age in weeks = Approx hours in a day
    2 = 1.75
    4 = 2 or more
    6 = 2.75
    8 = 2
    10 = 1.5
    12 1

#karen# Guest

Tanya - Don't feel bad for wanting time to yourself, it is quite a common feeling. Just this morning I was having a shower and a good cry (feeling like I have no time to myself and so much to do) and dh brought Nathan in, he was meant to be sleeping but kept waking and I just thought take him away from me, It doesn't mean I don't love him, it's just I need a break.
    Are you in the room when dh tries to feed Lucas, if so maybe he can still smell you and won't take it from dh. You may just have to leave them alone for a while. If he's really hungry he will learn to take it from dh. It is just a matter of persistence. Good luck.
    Nicole -it's great Nixon is doing so well with his feeds. I can't wait for that to happen.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast