Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #50

Hi girls - it was a great meet yesterday. The June bubs have all grown up so much and are very adorable!!! Chelsea told me that next time we go I have to pack her bathers! Which I will and a change of clothes! It is nearly impossible to have a decent conversation with kids around, esp lots of them but it was fantastic to catch up again. We got home and Marley had a snooze for a couple of hours and then my brother came for dinner and ran them ragged so they jumped into bed no problems.

Bath - Chelsea took a photo of your putting that big stick in the tree! I will email it to you, she will take a pic of anything! Thanks so much for the book, can't wait to get into it. I am just finishing off one from Richard North Patterson which has been great, but it was a big one. I will definitely check the thread once I start.

Maya - I used to do yoga at the church in Mt Dandenong, near the 5 ways (prior to and while I was pregnant with Chelsea). She was amazing, I often wonder if she is still there. Don't worry, we didn't get dressed until about 1ish and even then Marley didn't want to. Only got moving as we wanted some lunch. I went outside and did a bit of gardening while Marley's asleep. I'm glad we went to the gardens yesterday and not today, too windy!

Ali - how honoured to be chosen as a godparent. You must be very chuffed. Hope the ceremony goes well this weekend. Hope 2009 is the year for you, and don't forget to tell us when you come in 2010 so we can all get together.

Nic - the story was pretty gross!!! Marley is the same as Nixon, doesn't really care if she has wet her undies. That's why I decided nude might be the way to go - maybe not LOL!!

Having a bit of lazy one today, we have been out nearly everyday and I think they enjoy a bit of a quiet one too. Apart from my energy burst before, I am not going to do much today. Chelsea is outside playing in the cubby, making cappacino's. Better go out and enjoy it, whatever its made out of!!!

Mel: Ahhh! ROFL @ Chelsea taking that photo! I didn't even notice! How funny I was pretty determined to get that bugger of a stick up there but it didn't want to stick! (notice the pun?) Thankfully Niall got-over his need to weild it as a weapon and became content to just run around... it was so lovely under those huge shady trees.

Maya: I heard the tail end of your 'feisty' reply LOL and I don't think you need cringe You can only be so accountable when your 2yo is standing on top of some kind of metal sculpture too ROFL I mean, it's hard keeping an eye on little ones and maintaining a half-sensible conversation sometimes! Verity thought it was hilarious watching Oscar streaking around 'nature boy' style.... she benefited from realising that that kind of behaviour is completely normal (she thinks Niall is feral!!!) and that people don't bat an eyelid because he IS only a toddler! She gets all tetchy if I let Niall run around naked out the back... would NEVER allow him to be seen naked out the front... anyhow, she might be less twitchy about it in future!

Ali: I forgot to add that I too would love to catch up with you at a meet! We are away though between the 14th and the 23rd of Jan.

Just finished making Jam Drops... other wise having a very lazy day here too!

I Totally agree when u go for a catch up with freinds you never really get to catch up because your always being distracted by an interupting toddler, chasing after a run away, picking up a fallen one and calming them down, getting food for them or worry about what they are going to do next!!

i went to my old playgroup xmas catch up at the end of the yr it was in a playcentre which generally kids take care of themselevs. But when u have a 14month old who thinks he is 4 and climbs the big kids stuff and gives u a heart attack i didnt get to chat to any of the mums that i hadnt seen for 6months!!

sorry I missed the catch up would have been great to see you all, but holidays are never very good for me as I always end up at my parents place as they are near the beach, which is funny as its been a really crap summer and the only to nice day ( yesterday and today ) I am not down there as I had to take BHL back to the train station for work....

Would be great if the weather is hot again tomorrow as my sister is flying in from living in Edinburgh for the last to year so hasnt seen the sun or heat for a while, so it would be funny to watch her melt but she is hame for 3 mth so I that we might actully get a summer soon so her lilly white skin will remember what its like to be brown ( she is olive tone unlike me )

So I am guessing that I am the only person in vic who is loving this weather and the only one who didnt have a fan or aircon on last night... I had the best night sleep believe it or not I even woke up under my dooner, so must have felt cool at one stage last night... which it could be like this all the time but the wind can **** off its been ruining very semi nice day at the beach its been like a ice gale coming off the water...

well on BHL's week off we have decided a few things one we wont be moving to Cairns ATM as one we just cant find the money and dont really want to waste the money we have saved on a move, we went to the bank to consoadate our loans and to borrow a little extra to move up there but as BHL is employed by OZ minerals we are too much of a risk, plus with the way Oz is going we might not have a job much longer anyway so we thought that it would be better that we sit still for another year or two so if and when the **** hits the fan we will have family around to help us out...BHL is pretty confordent that his job is safe and if it isnt then he said he will look for a job in SA mine with BHP so I am not too worried, and as always there is always the Navy.

The next one I guess you will think that we are a we bit crazy considering what I have just said about BHL's job, But we have decided to TTC #4 we were going to wait until April but BHL has been on my back about stopping the pill now so see as we dont normally fall pregnant very quickly it seemed still to wait until til April as it isnt like I will be UTD anytime soon normally takes about 12 mths so we will see... I am quite surprised that BHL was the one to push the issue as its been him the whole time I have been talking about a 4th who was unsure and if anyone asks he will always say talk to her about it as it me who wants the 4th... why do men have to act one way in frount of friends but another with you.... I will never work it out...

anyway I have prattled on enough, I will be off again in a few days then have my sisters wedding so dont know if I will be back until schools back...

Funny how kids are so distracting sometimes LOL!!! But it is still fun to catch up.

Tali - great to see you back, we did miss you! It must be nice to know what you are doing, at least for the next few years? You can settle down a bit knowing you don't have to move for a while. How exciting that you can start trying for #4! Hope its not too long a wait for you. Men are always like that, say one thing but mean another. At least your sister won't melt today, its cooled down heaps outside. I took the kids to MIL for a swim and it wasn't really as hot as I thought. I slept well too but with the help of my ceiling fan. Now that your not going anywhere for a while, we can organise another catch up!

I've had a really stressful few days. One of my very best friends in the world, whom I have known for nearly 20 years had a heart attack on Monday. Thankfully he is ok, they put a stent in his artery and he is doing really well. I have been into see him everyday as the poor bugger is so bored!!!! I took him in Chelsea's portable DVD player and some movies as the cardiac ward doesn't have TV's - how stupid! Will pop back and see him tonight but he got quite a scare. He is 54 and smokes quite heavily, his diet is pretty good but he eats a bit too much. He will no doubt be getting the lecture this week and I hope decides to change his ways. On top of this I have Chelsea's 6th birthday tomorrow and she is having 2 parties - tomorrow we are going to the movies with 5 of her friends and on Saturday she is having her school friends party with the reptile man! At least the movie party doesn't require me to do much other than take little goodie bags with snacks. Saturday shouldn't be too bad, about 10 kids and the reptile man will keep them amused for an hour at least. I am so glad I'm still on holidays. Back at work next Tuesday.

I will be looking forward to going back to work. Kids have been pretty good but trying to keep them entertained with something interesting everyday is very challenging. I wouldn't be too good as a SAHM

Better move, got some shopping to do when DH gets home from work, which should be soon.

Tali - thank goodness there is at least one other person who loves this heat, too! Everyone else I know is whinging and wilting and I'm loving it, as usual. Still, I'll use the car aircon and the fan during the day, but I'm always able to sleep on hot nights Decided to start 'things' off in the backyard last night, too - boy asleep, neighbours away, fabulous warm breeze, beautiful clear sky to look at (much, much nicer than a white ceiling with cobwebs!).
    Anyway, I"m glad you're staying! Even though I've only seen you once in the last 13 months or so...we need to do more catch ups, even if it's just a couple who can make it on this side of town.
    Mel - wow, I hope your friend gets better soon, what a scare
    Need to find a pump to inflate the top ring of our self-erecting pool (my arse, I've been putting lots of things together and I still have to fill it from the tank, there's no 'self' about it!), then we'll have a watering hole at MiL's.
    Nothing more to report for now, hungry and wanting to get that pool up and going!
    BBL, I hope.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718