Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #50

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the beautiful Junies. Hope you've had a wondeful day and enjoyed spending time with your families. I don't know about you, but I am stuffed!!! Looking forward to getting to bed early.

Merry Christmas and have a very happy new year....

I will without computer for the next month so will hear all the news in the new year....

Merry Christmas everyone! At home at the moment, heading out again soon to go visiting MiL and some good friends to exchange gifts. I have got some kind of tonsilitis and I'm not exactly firing on all four, however, helps that weather is good and all is well, even though I don't have my uni results. I was supposed to get them by Friday and to email certain people if I didn't. Well, people who hold my results went on leave BEFORE the 19th Dec...I wish they'd told us that so we could get results sooner than the New Year! But, really, why do I need to know whether I've failed and will have first semester off to redo subject in 2nd semester (this unit is prerequisite for my core 3rd year units)?? Despite this uncertainty, I'm looking forward to a new year
    Stay safe girls!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope you all have a wonderful night, wherever you end up celebrating.

We are off to a friends in Frankston and will be staying the night so both DH and I can enjoy a drink or 3!!!!

I hope 2009 brings more smiles and laughter to all our lives.

Happy New Year everyone - speak to you all NEXT year!!!

Happy New Year Girls!
    And may you all have a
    Happy
    healthy
    and Prosperous
    2009!

Happy New year all!!! Here's to a fantastic 2009

we went to our local club for dinner last night, was not busy at all so was great, then went and sat on the beach with the kids and watched the 9pm fireworks. Ty was more interested than Nixon!
    came home had some drinks watched the fireworks on tele

Hey girls - we had a lovely NYE with friends and both boys slept in a strange house really well. I am up bright and early today because I had such a nice night's sleep (and I need quiet time to pay bills online LOL!!)

Speak to you all soon!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Sorry it's late, we didn't get up to anything on new year's eve and I was in bed by 11pm, but I did hear someone letting off fireworks around this time.

Cody is going well, am going to put up a post later about some of his behaviour. I think that he might be OCD or slight Autisum, some of what makes me think this is that if he gets a bag of mixed lollies he separtates into same piles ie frogs altogether ect, then he will line them all up in a row facing the same way. We also got him a bag of lego blocks and he will sort them into 1's, 2's ect, then line them up, I've noticed him doing this for a while so might take him to the dr's and see what they say too.

Julian is going great guns, I think that he has got to his 12 week growth spurt early because last night I was up every 4hours with him and that is strange as he has been sleeping from 6:30/7pm until about 5/6:30am. I also had to take him to the drs on wednesday as I had started to notice that he wasn't turning to his left much and was starting to get a minor flat spot, so we have been refered to a ped and in the mean time do what we had been doing which was stay on his left so he has to turnthat way more so hopefully it will correct itself.

hugs xoxo

Hey there Amanda!! So nice to hear from you again

I know that you migt still want to have him checked but Flynn is into lining things up like Cody is. I am not sure if he would do it with lollies, but I hear it is pretty common. Does he stress out if he cant't line them up?

Have you thought of an infant osteopath for Julian - both my boys had crook necks as newbies and had trouble feeding on one side, and Flynn had a major sloping head as a bub, and the osteo sorted them right out.

Good afternoon girls... I'm uploading a heap of photos into my gallery ATM. Found this one of Niall just before I cut off his "fuzz"... ie gave him his first haircut. I have kept the bit I tied back into a 'pony'. It was taken last October... his hair still hasn't grown enough to need a second cut!

Good to hear from you too Amanda

Looking forward to our Melbourne Junies meetup on Wednesday! Tali: hope you are still around!

Hi girls - our NYE celebrations were great. Had dinner and stayed the night at a friends house, the kids were so well behaved. Older ones even had a spa which they thought was pretty special. Then the adults got to relax in the spa and saw the New Year in going all wrinkly from spending too much time in there!!

Amanda - like Rory said, I have heard that this behaviour can be common and I'm sure nothing serious. My niece had a bad flat spot problem which they thought she might need a helmet but thankfully it isn't too bad now and her hair covers the flat spot (behind her ear).

Bath - love his little ponytail!!! He looks so cute with it. So looking forward to tomorrow. Tali sent me a text to say thanks for the invite but she has to pick her DH up from the airport tomorrow so that will be a shame not to see her. Weather looks good, glad it wasn't today. Sun has lots of bite.

Our TT has been going no where! Marley loves wearing undies and sitting on the toilet but so far nothing. She wets her undies all the time so I decided that no undies was better. That seemed to be working as she was holding herself and then coming in to use the toilet but still nothing. Yesterday she was out playing on the swings in the backyard and came up saying "yucky, stinky, grass, poos?????? I looked and she had poo all down her legs! I asked her where and all she said was "poos in the grass". Chelsea and I went to investigate and found it near the swings. I think she had done it while sitting on the swing as it was all over the swing too!! YUK!!! So I had to go down armed with gloves, toilet paper, a bag and lots of pineoclean. Cleaned over the swing and disposed of the poo! I hate TT I know I need to be patient but I have no patience. I think I might leave it for a while and try again later.

Will see you Melb girls tomorrow.

Hiya Mel Hey, a hint with outside TT "accidents". Legally you are allowed to use a hose to deal with human waste and emmissions that may be a health hazard. So don't hesitate to use the hose next time...and hose it into the grass, hard!!! LOL Niall is wandering around nappy free a lot of the time and has had a few accidents... but fortunately he is learning how unpleasant it is to wet his undies and makes an effort to get to his potty. Oh well, it's one reason to like summertime I guess! I agree, sun has a lot of bite ATM! I just sent Verity down to the village to buy a box of icy poles. Lucky i cut some roses that had opened overnight... they are safe inside now... I really hate how the sun destroys the blooms Rain is predicted tomorrow so it's looking like plan B might have to come into action! Although I'm happy to wait out a shower in the Observatory Cafe like Rory suggested... any excuse for a nice coffee!!! Looking forward to seeing our June toddlers!!!

Woo hoo! An IRL catch up will be so fulfilling - online just hasn't been working for me for a while
    I'm in a bikini top cos regular clothes just weren't cutting it. I offloaded Oscar to MiL today and ran some errands, then ducked into a new cafe in the local village to try their fruit smoothies. I nearly got it take away then thought "No. No, I think I'll have it here, and I'll read one of those juicy mages while I'm here!" The lady laughed with understanding and I spent a slothful hour reading WHO weekly It was blissful!
    Our self-erecting pool that my parents got us for xmas two years ago is now at MiL's, so that all the family can enjoy it in a central location - MiL can stay home and have both sets of grandkids over on hot days Just no room at our place (cos DP doesn't want to lose lawn space) and she's on tank water, so we'll fill it with that!
    Have a committee meeting tonight, so better organise a chicken salad dinner, then ditch these boys to hit host's pool before the meeting starts, he he!
    I'll eyeball the Melb chicks tomorrow!!

Hello Lovelies- long time no post, like usual, time just seems to be getting away from me- where did 2008 go?

I am feeling really good about 2009 though, am on a health kick, that all going according to plan should see me in Melb in Jan 2010 with Pete for a shopping holiday away from the kids. Pete and I have decided this year is about us as a couple and about us as a family- for the first time since 2005 we have no major upheavals (2005- married, 2006- Tori- 2007- liam 2008 Baby and Toddler) so hopefully it will be a wonderful year for us.

TT isnt going to badly for us, Tori won't tell you when she needs to go, but if she will wee when you put her on the toilet, not all the time, but she is getting much better. Poo is still a problem, she has always been very thingy about her poo, but she had learnt to ask for nappy on if she needs to do a poo, so I won't push the toilet thing.

Anyway better go, promises of a swim means I am being pestered.

Have a lovely meet up tomorrow Melb girls- it is so lovely that you are all still in touch in IRL. I still regularly see Tanya, and she has actualley asked Pete and I to be god parents to Lucas, the ceremony is this weekend. I felt so honoured to be asked!

Ali- we have the same line of thought for 2009! we have been so busy every year thi year i just want to enjoy us as a family. we also married in 2005, had Nix in 2006, had Tyron in 2008 and in between all that built a house, moved several times, sold a house, bought a house and renovated a house! makes me exhausted just thinking about it.

Amanda- i had an Osteopath friend in Melbourne who used to fix Nixon. it was more for his reflux but it did help, they usually take weekly visits for a few weeks before its more permanant.
    i hope you get Cody in to see someone, im guessing thats just one example of how he is and being that he has 3 older brothers you would see the difference. Nixon does a few things that sometimes makes me wonder if all is normal but ive never had him seen to anyone

Mel- i was laughing so much i had to tell dh your story! as yukky as it would have been ekkk! we are not going far with the TT either. We have made progress that Nixon will now go sit on the toilet or potty when you ask him (before he would yell no and run away) but still to have anything happen in there. I had him undies most of yesterday, eh thought they were good and then i heard mummy wee.... he was standing on his Thomas ride on when he weed so it went all over it! he wasnt uncomfortable though or worried that he had wee all down his legs, which i wish he did

I hope you melbournians had a lovely catch up!

Good afternoon had a lovely day yesterday! What a great place: The Childrens' garden at the Botanical gardens... will definitely need to return! Verity and her friend got home safely too... after they made a stopover at a shop to buy a large Aussie flag that Verity has been wanting... something about wanting to wear it like a cape on Australia Day... God knows LOL I'm also looking for a thread I started on The Declaration so if any of you girls want to have a book-club kinda chat about it there'll be a place for it (I'll post a link here soon). I think we all found it a bit hard to have any deep discussion about life-the-universe-and-everything with our June Babies running amok! How funny trying to take that photo... but looking forward to seeing it loaded when you girls get the chance. I was on here until 1am last night because it took 3 hours to convince Niall that bedtime would be a good idea.... that nap he had yesterday must have been very refreshing!!!

Hiya Nic and everyone! better go find Niall....

Oh dear, Oscar slept on the train and went to sleep at 11pm! He wasn't well overnight - bit hot and woke up to do some almost-runny poos (very unusual indeed!), so I slept with him, but I think he was quite stimulated from playing with all the kids, even after an hour plus sleep on the train!
    I started reading Declaration on the train and can't wait to get more into it! I have a few books on the go - just started reading DP's Christmas present of Peter Singer's book 'Writings on an Ethical Life', have started reading a family friend's book (not in print in Oz yet, he gave it to me last year in Ireland, called "Peeling Oranges" by James Lawless ) and trying to read my yoga magazine. I better hurry, cos if I pass last semester I'll have heaps more reading to do in Feb before semester starts!
    Ali - that's beautiful news about you being godparents to Tanya's boy! I hope you get the year you want, and the trip you've planned for Jan, too - it's a hard slog being mummy to two young kidlets.
    Even with just one I reckon I deserve a few perks in life, like two yoga sessions a week I think I've convinced DP of that one - especially as I'm a more zen person throughout the week...and it should set me up nicely to cope with our second child, whenever it appears!
    Rory, I hope I didn't offend you with my response to your question yesterday! It comes off the back of presumptuous people telling us we must be ready for the next child, and not considering that there may be some perfectly compelling reasons it hasn't happened yet beyond wanting to satisfy their expectations of us () and I know that you weren't asking in this vein I'm still feeling feisty about it after all our family time over Christmas/New Years and what I would have answered without that baggage would have been, "yes, happy with one for now until the second turns up, whenever it's meant to happen", cos that's where we're at I had sufficient time on the train to cringe about my response yesterday!
    I have to go cos an Oscar monster is calling me to bed (he MUSN'T be well!) and I'm still in PJ's!!
    Was a great catch up, thanks, chicks

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast