Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #50

Happy 2nd Birthday for yesterday Kai & Sam!Today was Alexander's birthday (Gabbysmum) so come in and say hi!
    Tomorrow is Aleise (Neeny)

I dont have a hair puller but i have a "pusher" at the moment.....he seems to think it is funny.....
    Last edited by nickers; June 8th, 2008 at 09:53 PM.

A big Happy Birthday to all our Junie Babes...so sad they are all nearly 2 years old, boo hoooo and Woohoooo all in one. We are finally all settled in to our new life in Indonesia, it is really breathe taking at times we can see the glacier from our house, it is very cold most of the time and with snow on the mountain peaks it is hard to believe we live in Indonesia. Michael wants another baby, butttttt I'm not convinced, so I guess we won't be pregnant anytime soon, all the kids are on holidays now til mid August so we will be out and about to explore. The bus up and down the moutain into town is an experience in itself., I'll be posting some photo's on facebook soon.
    Now I have to go back and read up on you all.
    Bye
    Dee
    PS Nathan is a biter, a push and puller anything to get your attention to give him what he wants, he also thinks he's very funny.
    Also about 4 months ago Nathan started telling knock knock jokes, (as best a one year old can) well finally today he changed the joke, I'll have to capture him on camera,I keep forgetting.
    Still breast feeding although it is night/morning feeds only with an occassional day time one snuck in. He talks pretty well and loves to dance and sing with his sisters but most of all he LOVES trucks, cars, planes, helicopters absolutely obsessed with them.
    His favourite songs at the moment are incy wincy and the wheels on the bus.

Happy Birthday Junie babies! Alex has had a lovely week celebrating, we had 2 parties one for the family and one small one for a few friends. We went to one of Gabriella's friends parties yesterday and Alex was trying to blow out the candles and open the presents cause he thought it was all for him - very cute.

Dee, fantastic to hear from you and that you have settled in to life in Indonesia. It sounds like a beautiful place and I am sure you and the family will love the experience. At least you are with your DH now. Nathan sounds like a real little character.

Alex is another singer and dancer - he just loves it and walks around the house singing all day long. He still goes a million miles an hour and some days we find it hard to keep up. He gets covered in bruises, expecially his head as he uses it for a doorstop . He still co-sleeps with us, starts the night in his bed and then wanders over to ours at some point, as does Gabriella now so our Queen sized bed is getting a bit squashed to say the least.

Our big "issue" is sharing, wont have a bar of it and he really carries on when he doesnt get what he wants. Poor Gabriella cops the brunt of it and is generally pretty complacent and lets him have what he wants but every now and then she stands her ground (as she has every right to) and then WW3 breaks out!

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying their gorgeous Junies.

Dee - great to hear from you. Sounds like you have settled into your new life pretty well. I just checked out your pics, it looks amazing! The mountains look like you could reach out and touch them from your back door. I didn't think it got cold in Indonesia? I always thought of it as warm and tropical. That bus does look a little dodgy!!! Nathan sounds like a character. Are there many other Aussies in the area you live? Make sure you keep in touch.

Nic - Marley can be a bit of a pusher too lol!!! On Saturday, Chelsea was looking in the pantry and because Marley also wanted to look in the pantry, she pulled Chelsea's hair so hard that it pulled her down on her bum. The tears started (Chelsea wasn't happy!) and Marley went and cuddled her, then pushed her out the way to get into the pantry. Mission accomplished! She is such a devil sometimes.

Ang - your sharing issues sound just like mine - Chelsea will give her what she wants sometimes, but the other times it's a scream fest!

At daycare on Friday, they told me that Marley had been pulling other kids ears, they said it wasn't done in a nasty way, but rather trying to wiggle them. But they would prefer her not to do it as the other kids were getting a bit freaked out by it. The hair pulling is still happening but she has never pulled anyone elses hair, just Chelsea's. Thank god she is not biting.

Had a bad discovery on Saturday - Chelsea has lice!!!!!!!!! She has never had it before, and I suppose she has done well not to have had it. Did the trip to the chemist and she said she had sold 5 kits in 30 minutes. I used the K24 kit and it has hopefully done the job. I stripped her bed and washed everything in hot water, soaked all her hair ties, changed Marley's bedding, even got DH to go through my hair with the little magnifying glass they give you. Thankfully I am all clear! The comb thingy was a bit tricky to use but Chelsea has very fine hair so it wasn't too bad. I pity the poor kids who have thick hair. We have to repeat the treatment in 7 days. You can now get a preventative spray which I might have to invest in. It's so horrible thinking about those awful little critters being on her hair!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.

Ewwwwww the dreaded lice factor, we had a bad time with them about 6 months ago, I hate them....not that anyone would like them, making me itch right now, lol. stay on top of them and they willl go, you know you should actually continue treatment for atleast 21 days as this is the lice cycle, that way any egg/lice that may have been missed will die and the head will be clean and clear. Preventative spray's are a great idea and did you know that it is actually the eucalyptis that kills them not the tea tree, so you can make your own, as they can be expensive.
    Lol at Marley's ear fetish, hehehe, Atleast it is not a boobies fetish like Melissa has, sooooo embarrassing.
    Nice to hear from you Ang.
    Nathan is whinging at me, better go.

Happy birthday to all the Junies i have missed; Cody, Kai, Sam and Alexander - hope they all had lovely days.

Tali - glad you are all settled in and starting playgroup etc! Hope Zay's teacher finds out what could be the problem and get some help for him, must be frustrating for you that none of his previous teachers have noticed before.

Nic - how are the renos going? looks like a big job but your house will be so lovely when finished. When is Trent back? I'm totally dreading when James goes to Italy, 11 nights by myself!

Dee - wow you're in Indonesia now! Hope the move went smoothly.

Ang - Hi! I can so picture Alexander being a million miles an hour still! wow at you still co-sleeping with both of them - we have a queen which Oscar climbs into whenever we have thunder and thats it - im awake all night purched on the edge! - we need a king!

Mel - eeeek at the lice. I'm sure its something we'll all have to go through once they go to school but it must still be quite ewww! Hope you've sorted it out - will have to remember the K24 kit that you used for future reference - im sure its only a matter of time now Oscar goes to 3 year old kindy!

Amanda - congratulations on your little man. Sorry he wasn't your princess but i know you'll love him just the same.

Rory - my boys play well most of the time but have the odd day where they just rub each other the wrong way all day and i'm ready to keep them in sepreate rooms by 10am! They have such sweet moments when they just randomly kiss and cuddle then 3 seconds later Will is beating Osc over the head with a piece of wooden track - ouch! poor Osc!

Hi to Maya, Bath, Jess, Jaspen and everyone else ive missed - memory like a sieve - blamed on baby brain (even walked into the mens change rooms at swimming today and there was a chap in there - so mortified!)

Take care and hope all the rest of the Junie birthdays are great - must try and get in here more often but time is just flying so completely out of control i don't every seem to have chance to sit still anymore! and thats just with 2 - whats ot going to be like with 3 -eeeeeeek.

ill stope rambling now....

Julie xxxx

bugger - that was less than half my post - i had about another 4 paragraphs of news but its disappered! can't retype it now as boys need to be got up - grrrrr!

Julie x

Wow Julie I cant believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone - wont be long now! Have you picked out any names yet? As for the beating over the head with track - had to have a good laugh at that one. Alex got given for his birthday from a friend a minature kiddies whipper snipper which he loves and has already bonked Gabriella on the head with!

We are lucky that so far (touch wood) we have managed to avoid the lice factor too. Can remember as a kid my sister having them and that was shocking as she had long ringletty hair.

Dee - do I have to treat it everyday for 21 days? I am so new to all of this any advice you can give me would be great. How do you make your own spray? You are right, it is expensive.

Julie - so good to hear from you. I hate it when I lose a post, very frustrating. Hopefully Oscar won't have too many head lice issues. Boys with quite short hair seem to avoid it. Some of the boys at Chelsea's school have their hair almost shaved to avoid lice.

No once a week for 3 weeks should do it, but depending on the infestation and to get the eggs out you should use conditioner on dry hair let sit for a couple of minutes and then comb through with the lice comb atleast every 2nd to 3rd day at bath/shower time, just makes it easier to get rid of them. I would do the three weekly treatments though even if you think you have everything out, they are good at hiding and holding on to the hair so definitely follow through on the entire cycle. Did you let the school know? They will send a note home for other parents to treat their child's hair, it is anonymous so no one will know who reported it. There is a recipe somewhere on the net here but basically,it is 250 mls of water and about 5 drops of eucalyptus oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil and 3 drops of lavender oil. Or you can add a about 10 drops of each to a cheap conditioner. I think it works!! And it smells nice.

Thanks Dee! Great advice which I will definately follow up on. I sent a note to school today to let them know but I am sure Chelsea will announce it everyone lol!!! I have googled the preventative spray and its pretty much as you said. Hopefully I can keep them at bay.

happy birthday yesterday to Annaleise (Simone) & Freya (Jo)
    Tomorrow is a big happy birthday to FLYNN & Ryan (Candy)

reno's going ok, painting gets done next week that will get the ball rolling cause after that the flooring, waredrobes, bathroom get done and then the kitchen will start in about 3-4weeks.
    Nixon is a sick boy atm, he is on the lounge asleep. doc said its just a cold (must be a bad one he hasnt been sick like this since this time last yr) and he has a middle ear infection.
    he had a coughing fit for almost 2hrs today and woke up thismorning crying called out mummy but before i got in there he was sick.
    Trent is back got back on sat, then he told me some disturbing news that 3 blokes tried to rob him and he fought off 2 of them, 1 ran and then he ran back to his hotel....he never told me over the phone for obvious reason's.

Good evening Junies and Happy Birthday to all the June bubs! AND great to hear from you Dee (can't wait to hear more about your move) ! Good to see you in here Ang (nee Gabysmum) happy birthday Alex! Looking forward to the Fabulous Flying Flynnie's birthday party tomorrow Rory! Got a sleeping Niall in my arms ATM. No nap today except for this. hiya julie and mel and Nic (OMG at your DH being mugged!!!) Thinking of you Maya hope you're relaxing now! ok... better wake this boy, arm getting sore, need to make dinner!

ETA: I forgot to say; yes! Great advice Dee... nits are vile! If they discover them at child care you have to go and collect them immediately. This happened to verity once. I was mortified. They let you back once you fill in a form to say that you have commenced treatment though.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; June 10th, 2008 at 07:22 PM.

Hope Nixon gets better soon Nickers. Nothing worse then a sick little fellow.

Where is your DH atm?

Happy Birthday Flynn, I hope you have a wonderful day.

Nic OMG, I hope that your DH didn't get hurt and poor Nixon I hope that he gets better soon, nothing worse then been sick, but on the upside (if this counts) at least they are a bit more quite and usually just want to sit around.

Dee glad to hear the move went well and great to hear that all is well, have fun exploring your beautiful surrounds.

Mel I feel your pain, Kailen got a really bad couple of doses over a year when he was in Yr 1, another thing you can use is hair spray Chelsea's hair everyday as well as the nits don't like the sticky feel of the spray on the hair and also try and get her not to put her head to close to others (hard I know).

Hi also to Bath, Maya, Rory, Ang and anyone else I've missed.

Well the camping trip went well, with some intermittent rain, the boys had heaps of fun playing in the mud and rain and the 4wding was fun as always. It was great we had a camper trailer to sleep in instead of the tent so was a bit warmer, but not much, got home late Monday and unpacked the trailer and am now catching up on all the washing. My birthday is Friday and I'll be the big 29, we're going out to dinner without the boys and with friends and then on Saturday will be going down the coast for the day, so should be fun.

hugs xoxo

Flynn

Nic we are all down with a cold here too Kai wasnt very well last night she ended up in our bed all night... I so glad your DH is ok mines the same never tells me about the scary stuff until he is home or most the time I dont find out until one of his mates comes over and they talk about that kinda stuff so I have to sit there with my mouth wide open... Men cant live with them wouldnt live with out them...

Dee you are making me want to move over seas lol ( not that I could move again )

Mel - have to say you made me laugh about the nits comming from the tropic's its something you have to live with poor may had them the whole time she was at school as the just breed like rabbits up there.... You dont have to wash all there bedding you only have to wash their pillow case and towel as lice cant live with out the consent temp of our bodies they can only live off out head for 20 mins and that in the tropics so down here even less... The problem is that she would have gotten them from someone in class and if that child isnt treated or not well enough then chelsea will keep been reinfected... For May I put conditioner in her hair and comb out with a nit comb every 2nd day until I no longer find them... which for May and her think curly hair is a nightmare!!!!

Well on the weekend we had Kai's birthday which was great having family come over, to enjoy the day with us...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLYNNIE!!!!!!

Hope you had a lovely party today, got lots of pressie and made heaps of mess with your cake.

Nic - sounds like things are coming along well with the reno's. You'll have to post some new pics. Hope Nixon is feeling better today, poor little man. Its not nice when they are sick. Poor DH, how scary and to be in a foreign country too. Thankfully he is ok, but he probably did the right thing not telling you. You would have just worried yourself silly.

Amanda - didn't think boys got them as much? I have been following Dee's advice and put some eucalyptus oil in the conditioner. Put it through her hair last night and used the nit comb and none came out - thank god!!! Will keep doing that every second day and follow up with the treatment again this weekend. I do use hairspray in her hair as its so fine, it's hard to keep in a pony tail but I have been using extra lol!!!! She has the stiffest hair!! Glad you enjoyed your camping weekend, the trailer would have been heaps better than a tent. You must hate coming home and doing all the washing. 29 - you a such a spring chicken!!! I'm sure Friday will be wonderful. Thankfully Chelsea has fine hair which made the comb go through a bit easier. Glad the party went well on Sunday. Make sure you post some pics.

Well I am bit angry today (still) and am wondering what you would do in my position. Last night DH picked up Marley from MIL. When he got home, she looked different but I couldn't work out why. She was very tired so she went to bed early. This morning she woke up and it looks like MIL has CUT HER HAIR!!!!! She has given her a fringe, which I am so not happy about. I feel she should have asked me, not just go ahead and do it - and not to tell me. DH said she didn't say anything to him and he didn't really notice the hair looking different (typical male!!!). I have avoided ringing her today as I am still peeved. What would you do? It doesn't look too bad, but it was her first hair cut and she better have kept the hair.

Thankfully I am going out tonight with some GF's to see Sex and the City, so that should cheer me up!

Tali - that must have been awful having to be on nit patrol all the time. I did read about the nits not surviving long but I just had to clean everything. Creepy little things. Thanks for the advice about the conditioner, Dee told me and I found some stuff on the internet. You girls are so clever.

Hiya girls, gotta be quick cause no doubt will only have a few moments peace

There was no party today Flynn is quite sick with a temp, runny nose, runny poo(!) and a cough. I am sad because even though we have postponed the party to next Wednesday (Melb Junie mums - send me a PM if you can make it and I will send my address ) I start work on Monday so will miss it! And Flynn was supposed to go to playgroup tomorrow with a cake - once again, postponed to next week, but I will miss it We had a little cake and song today and we are having a family do on Saturday, but it won't be the same

Ah well, I guess life gives you lessons like this - I will "miss out" on many more days like this, working full tme, so I better get used to it. I know that sounds really bitter, and I am not, but it is just a hard realisation to come to. But really, like I said, I will have to get used to this and not let it bug me. As long as the KIDS don't miss out, that's all that matters, hey?

Better go - lots to do while Flynnie is occupied with ABC Kids!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast