Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #6

shampagne Guest

Hey,
    I've had Depression (currently taking antidepressants). I too think I have PND, having the same symptoms as when I first got depression (eg always tired, decreased appetite, no motivation to do anything, moody/snappy). I'm prob going to my GP next week to discuss but then that's one of the symptoms - no motivation/couldn't be bothered with anything... we'll see how I go. Bye for now,

shampagne

Enigma- Just checked out your updated pics. You look gorgeous in the first one! were u on your way out or do u look that lovely all the time!
    Shampagne- sorry to hear u have depression, atleast you can get on top of it with the anti-dep's. How is your boy going? feel free to vent it all out in here, we all do!
    speaking of venting here goes mine...
    quiet annoyed with a gf of mine atm. We are going to a 30th bday tonight and she was invited. she told everyone she has something on thats why she cannot go but secretly i knew its because her x-bf (whom i am also very close with, grew up with) is going to be there....(they have been broken up for longer then what they were together for) i just emailed her asking what she was doing tonight (playing dumb) she responded with absolutley nothing! Now i shoulnd't expect this of her but she always wants to baby sit and she was basically our only option for tonight but we did not ask her because "she had soemthing on" anyway we are taking Nixon with us but i know she'll be sitting at home wishing she was looking after nixon but couldnt because she was making up stories!! End Vent.

anyway the 30th bday is a 80's theme! I'll make sure we get some pics! found some really daggy 80's style stuff i am wearing a denim skirt with tassels/ poka dot top, teasing the hair/lots of bright mak up/bangles/sandshoes/leg warmers hehe.

Dee I'm also looking forward to catching up with you at christmas, you tribe are adorable, love the little foot prints. We are also coming into birthday season Kailen is our first on the 2nd of September, then Lochie on the 7th of October and lastly Wyatt on the 1st of November then xmas and then DH birthday on the 5th of Janurary.

Nic glad your feeling better, hope the party is heaps of fun tonite.

Karen happy belated birthday hope you got some nice pressies.

Kel I didn't get the pics either can you send them to me, [email protected] thanks.

More babies well I would love one more but I don't think DH wants anymore so I'll have to wait and see.

Well have to run a hungry boy is wanting a feed so will be back later.

hugs xoxo

Shampers - (sorry, I've shortened your name!), sounds quite possibly like PND. Do you have supports around you, anyone to call on to take on a small task or two so that you have one or two less things on your mind? I know it's so hard to think about asking someone and it's easier when someone just comes along and offers something specific (instead of "you know you can just ask me if there's anything you need me to do", cos I know I'm not up to suggesting something for someone to do for me!). Where are you? I'm glad you're going to see your GP about it, I hope you can get some clarity there You can post in here any time and as often as you need to talk about your symptoms, how you are feeling at any given moment, any grumbles you need to offload etc. Most of us here have been doing that since last year, as most of us journeyed through our pregnancies together - you can definitely vent with us!
    I'm still in my PJ's. I think mastitis was trying to set in yesterday. Oscar decided in the last few days that he was going to go from 2 hourly feeds (roughly) to 4 hour feeds...and I got a bit engorged. Anyway, all yesterday I had chills and by the time I got home I was knackered with my joints aching, a headache setting in (and I so rarely get headaches!) and feeling like a big long sleep. DP couldn't believe that I found it cold, but I told him it was chills, not the air temp. I slept in two long sleeve cotton tops and wearing wool socks (can't usually do that) AND a doona and mink blanket. Oscar fed every two hours last night (actually grateful for that, my boobs are soft again and not feeling bruised!) and by the time I woke up I had no chills left. I slept with Oscar on my chest, so I think he helped break my fever. ANYWAY, you think DP offered me brekky, OJ or a shower? Not on your nelly. Instead I got "it's 11 o'clock, you're still in bed", then "it's 1 o'clock, you're still in bed". I 'snapped' (my snapping is pretty half arsed) and asked him to back off cos I was still recouping from a feverish night with less than two hour sleeps (Oscar fed every 2 hours but I spent about an hour up with him each time!). I STILL never got even an OJ or water and he has spent all day outside, digging some hole. He doesn't even realise that he does it. Honestly, when I'm not well it's every man for himself around here...

IK: yep, that sound's like the onset of mastitis... had it with Verity... then I got cystitis which was worse! So be careful darl. As for your DP *grrrr* now I'm currently a bit miffed with my DH about a totally different issue but I must say that if I fell ill all would be forgotten between the both of us and he would give me more than ample care. Not to brag, but more for you to pass on to your DP: if I experienced your symptoms my DH would have: stayed home from work, asked if i needed anything every 1/2 hour at least, bring me water/juice without being asked, offered tea and/or breakfast and lunch and presented them to me in bed set out nicely on a tray, kept the kids quiet and met all their needs as much as possible (brought Niall in to BF), he would have nagged me about going to the hospital/doctors and told me not to overheat too much with all those layers! I know this because he has done all this for me on numerous occassions. He is a naturally nurturing person and I consider myself "lucky" but when I think about it, it's not really extra-ordinary, just something you do for somebody you care for. Sometimes he annoys me with too much attention too but I know his heart is in the right place. He is actually better at tending to me when I am ill than I am when he is sick because I often accuse him of "carrying on" or if it's a hangover i act like he deserves it which is pretty mean. Anyhow, I'm not sure what you can do... hopefully other Junies will post that their men at least bring them water so you can go back to you DP and tell him he's out of touch! Anyhow... *sending some SNAG vibes to your DP* hopefully he'll get the message!

#karen# Guest

Enigma - i'll see if i can send some express post
    Shampagne - i hope you get to gp and mention it. i suspect i had it after my 2nd but whenever i went to gp never mentioned it, i just suffered in silence. As others have said feel free to vent here and there is another section (depression & anxiety) on this site you can chat to others going thru the same
    Nicole - sounds like you're in for a fun night
    Good to hear from you Amanda
    IK - That's men for you! glad it didn't develop into mastitis.

#karen# Guest

Bath you lucky duck - mine would probably bring me a drink 1st thing and then forget aboout me, but he would take care of the boys.

Sorry... forgot to say: Welcome Shampers as you can see we offer honest opinions and support so don't hesitate to vent as much as you need to

KLR: Received you piccys! Your little girl is gorgeous

Enigma: checking your site out now!

KLR I agree with everyone your little girl is very cute.

My DH is and isn't very good when I'm sick, he will look after the boys but I still have to get my own drinks and food if I feel like it. Just this last time I had the flu, I had a fight with him just to take me to the docs because I felt so ****ty that I could barely move. Then when he got that same flu he was all moans and groans, but I had no sympathy for him this time.

Shampange welcome to our group, I've had PND with my first child but have been lucky that I haven't had it with no2,3 or 4. Hope you feel free to vent in here with us, we don't mind at all.

hugs xoxo

Thanks, Bath, I didn't think I was being precious that I hadn't been looked after just a LITTLE bit (you know, not to mention that I gave birth to his firstborn son yadiyadiyaddah), and it didn't sound like you were bragging, just verifying that I have been a bit neglected!
    Anyway, I was just reading a post on a breastfeeding forum about a breastfeeding image in the US being met with disgust from many people (women - the worst critics!). I can't keep this to myself anymore. I mentioned it to DP but I don't think he picked up on my dismay. This is the thing: I went to my committee meeting for my riding club on Tuesday night, for the first time since having Oscar. We haven't given him EBM from the bottle yet, so I took him with me, but also to introduce him to a committee I've been on for years. Anyway, he was getting cuddles from one of the girls (who loves babies) and he started to get a bit cranky. She said "he's probably getting hungry" and I agreed, to which another member (mother of two) quickly retorted "God, I hope not! You're not flopping it out here...or changing nappies". Now, I think she'd say she was joking if I were to bring it up. I think she was half-joking at best. My response was "I don't care about flopping it out, if he's hungry I'll feed him", but I was sort of drowned out by the varying responses of the others (which while they didn't condemn her words, didn't exactly say "flop it out if you need, we have no problem with it", but they were probably as caught on the spot too). So, I fed him, keeping it as discreet as possible - which I would have done anyway, but her reaction to an event that hadn't taken place at the time kind of made the actual event seem a bit more 'obvious'. My intention was to just feed as if I was blowing my nose - just a function, nothing to see here folks sort of thing - and I feel this would have elicited far less attention. When I eventually did need to change a nappy, said member 'joked' again that she thought she said no nappy changing. Huh?? Right from the start, her reaction was not actually funny - half-joking, fully joking or not, it was not appropriate, in my view, to make breastfeeding a joke the way she might insist she was. If it was a joke it was misguided, at best. If it wasn't then I am so dismayed. I hate that I was made to feel uncomfortable feeding my own brand new child among people I have known for about 5 years. I really HATE how I felt, even though I also felt defiant because of it. I felt defiant, but I also briefly felt like I should be discreet to cause little offence...before catching myself and thinking "offence? That's crazy talk!". ARGH! There I thought that feeding in front of fellow firefighters was going to be my biggest bf'ing challenge, but I met that and it was very liberating that NO-ONE had a problem with it - now I know I can feed at the fire station comfortably. I did NOT think that feeding my boy amongst mainly women (the nature of the horse-riding world at club level) would be the first place I would encounter this sort of thing. I still think that maybe I should broach it, but then I think I should just let it go and do it again unapologetically - bring him to the next meeting and feed if I need to. I mean, he didn't cry the whole meeting, isn't that good enough? He's such an easy baby, why not take him with me where there is no practical reason not to? DP reckons I'd take him with me to certain CFA meetings where I know there are misogynists just to make a point. Well, it wouldn't be JUST to make a point, it would be so that I could feed my child and participate in my firefighting in my own capacity...but making a point is just as good a reason as any!
    Sorry to vent about this here, but I just wanted to know firstly if anyone had any ideas on if I should bring it up with the lady involved. Second if anyone who is bf'ing has had any similar attitudes. Our society is so much better with it than other western societies, but it obviously also exists here in Australia. I have used the parents' room at Myer to feed, only cos I know the chairs are comfy and I had to change Oscar at the same time, not to avoid the public. Sometimes I have felt bad directing mothers to the parents' room when I was working because I didn't want them to think that I was sending them out of the public gaze - I was thinking of their comfort and that of the child (dimmer lights etc). I think I will modify how I let mothers know of the parents' room from now on.
    Long post, sorry!

Enigma- I think you will find that the Angelcare monitors actualley work at monitoring the breathing through movement and not sound. ie. if the baby stops moving then the pad that is under the mattress senses it and alarms. The monitors double as normal baby monitors that pick up sound. Before you take it back do an experiment of turning it on without Aneta in the bassinet and make some noise and see if the alarm still goes off.

Shampagne- Sorry to hear that you are suffering from depression, I think it is great that you have made the first step and realised that something is not quite right. Hopefully your GP will have some answers for you.

IK- Sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell, I have never had mastitis so not sure of the symptoms but it doesnt sound too good. Grrrrrr at your DP for not being more understanding, and taking care of you while you were sick.
    More Children- DH and I are planning at least one more. We will probably start trying again end of 07 beginning of 08. I am maid of honour at my friends wedding in November next year, so I definatley wont start trying untill after then. She is also planning to have a baby after she gets married so it would be great if we get preggers around the same time.

We had a great day today, I went for a nice long walk and Tori slept for 2 and a half hours in her pram while we were out and about, It feels really good to be back into excercise again.
    Tori's passport arrived today and it is just adorable, definatley something that will become a keepsake when it expires.

Anyway better go, I have 4 loads of washing on the line and it is supposed to rain this evening, so I had better go and get it in.

typing one handed, omg ik i still have my mouth open reading that. some ppl are just so out of touch aren't they. I would let it go and feed him at the next meeting and wait for her to say something to you again, this way she will portray herself as the biatch she is and you can set her in her place in a dignified way. be on the defence rather than offence. i feed my baby when and where he ddecides he's hungry. you can use the age old " do yiou eat your food in a toilet, no well then why should my baby have to.
    shamp hi and welcome to our group, feel free to vent anytime, we are always here. we are a very chatty lot. lol.
    more children, uuummmmmm i think i have enough but maybe one more. I got the Mirena put in at my 6 week visit but who knows. I want to do my grad dip in Ed next year and grad Bach the year after. Still hoping to move to brisbane soon as in the next year or two. aaaggghhhh i want i want i want!

HI GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO your all mummies!!!

Well i thought it was about time i posted a proper hello and welcome to the other side! I have been following on how you are all going since this June thread started and i think you are all doing an amazing job with your little bundles..

I don't think i will do personals today but if it's ok i'd like to slip in and pick up where i left off?? I hope that is OK?

I would like to give you a quick rundown on Ronan if i may? Well he is now 4.5 months old and is 9 weeks corrected age, boy time flies.. He now Weighs: 5.1kgs, Length: 58cms, Head: 39cms so he's a great size considering he was so preemie.. He is just the easiest baby to care for as he only cries when he's hungry or has wind and in the past week has slept from 12.30am till 9.30am each night!

He doesn't breastfeed anymore (after all that) as he just refused the moment we got home so whilst i tried for a few weeks to get him back on i have no resorted to bottle and he usually takes around 150-170mls per feed, but i am still expressing only im weaning myself off it as my supply has really dropped after 5 months, so i think he's had a good innings..

Anyways that is enough about him.. hehehe I am still reading how everything is going with you all and also it's lovely to see new people around here as well (for those new ladies i was due on the 14th June but had my baby 13 weeks early) but i am still a Junie at heart! Oh and what about this meetup Nic is trying to organise? I am more than happy to travel so i am not fussed where it will be held..

Welcome back Racoon Sounds like Ronan is going great guns and good on you for expressing for this long - it can get so tiresome after a while.

Dee - loved the photos of your kids, Nathan is just adorable with that shock of hair. In fact everyones kids are adorable.

In relation to sickness DH is not the most sympathetic person, he will help out but will usually only get me drinks etc if I ask for them, he wont think to get anything of his own accord. But that is like a lot of things really, housework etc.

Welcome to the group Shampayne, hope you feel comfortable here in our little group to say whatever you feel!

As for b/f in public I agree IK that you shouldnt be made to feel uncomfortable about it and that that silly woman shouldnt have made those remarks - joking or not. But it is a fact of life that like with anything people have different beliefs, views etc and whereas she shouldnt make you feel uncomfortable for doing something we shouldnt also make her feeling uncomfortable for her views. Personally I would just let it go, its not worth getting worked up about.

We are hoping to have one more child but wont start TTC till mid next year, are planning on going to Europe for a few weeks and I dont want to be pregnant. Will most probably start TTC whilst on holiday.

As it turns out I have a broken some toes but there is not much that can be done about it except to try and rest and take the pressure off the foot- easier said then done with kids!! Am in a bit of pain but am allowed to take Nurofen when b/f so that is a relief and am also allowed to have as many timtams and tea as I want and as I can get DH to make me!!!!

Rac glad to see Ronan is going great guns and its good to hear from you again.

Gabysmum sorry to hear about your toes, hope those timtams work hehe.

Well I'm of to bed now, just fed the boy so will get a few hours sleep before the next round.

hugs xoxo

Hi Racs! Yep, was thinking that you should join a Melb get together
    More children - was just talking about this this very week; thinking that I would ideally be half way through the final year of my grad dip (2008, should I go back as planned next year) then start the postgrad half way through the following year or the beginning of the next year (full time, from home, one year!) and then have a qualification to start working in the field at the bottom rung, at least, to start saving money for a farm! I figure that by 2009 I'll be more adept at the juggling act and will be mentally capable of looking after two young 'uns and studying from home, as opposed to trying to study during a first pregnancy and in the first months of my first child's life...I could be delusional, but it's been done before...anyway, the plan is to have about 4 kids, but we'll see what my biological clock has to say about that because I'm 30 now and I'm not qualified for anything but urban volunteer firefighting!
    BF issue - talked to DP about it and decided to let it go, like some of you have said. I don't agree with you, Gabysmum, about trying not to offend this person. I wouldn't, of course, go out of my way to offend her, but knowing that she may be offended by public bf'ing will not stop me from doing it at club meetings etc - I just resent that she would make me feel like I SHOULD be uncomfortable doing it. I think that's been teh quandary. Geez, I even had no problem bf'ing in front of my dad!
    Dee - you're such a wonderful mother and birther, why not have another??? You really do have such a beautiful family, I always get a silly grin on my face looking at photos of them How proud are you of you?
    Just came back from MIL's after having a relaxing evening there - we walked in the brisk night, cos she's just up the road.
    Mastitis seems to have been nipped in the bud - lucky Oscar wanted to feed so frequently last night (usually has two feeds before 7am, not 4!), cos I think that was a big help in waking up without the bruised and swollen feeling. Lovely to have a day with no chills. I've known people who've had mastitis and because of my supply capacity (where's a milk bank, I got plenty!) I'm always aware of clearing the ducts. Last thing I want is to end up in hospital, or laid up in bed for any length of time.
    Better change this one's nappy, remind him that he's hungry and get us to bed.

Hi Racc's welcome back, and of course you can just pick up where you left off. Ronan is doing sooo well, congratulations for making it through to the other side nearly unscathed. With Bfeeding, you gave it your best and he got the vital bits out of it so be proud of yourself I think you achieved an excellent result considering everything you guys have been through. and maybe next time you will be able to feed longer. He certainly looks healthy and his size is great.
    Gabysmum you poor thing keep that foot up and rest as much as you can. Woohoo about the holiday to Europe, that would be fantastic. Will you take the kids?
    IK Ooohhhhhh geee thanks, lol ((HUGS))Good for you for wanting a big family, lets hope you clock keeps ticking long enough, lol.

Well DH has gone off to Mackay to catch the plane to Brissy for his yearly golfing holiday all by himself, and a well earned break at that. sniff sniff I miss him already. I gave him my bounty bag voucher to take with him, so hopefully he'll bring one home with him.

Just a quick Hi from me,

I am off to Perth with a few friends and thw twins for a friends birthday tomorrow.

More Children??? Not sure. I would like at least one more but I am quite sure DH is happy with 3. Also chances of another twin pregnancy are quite high after the first one so that kind of puts me off. Not that the twins are hard. Financially 3 kids is very challenging. Clothes are too expensive, a new bigger car. Definately a bit too hard I think!

A big hello to Rac and to Ronan. Great to hear that he is doing so well. Hugs to you both.

Anyway I had better go dress the babies, its time to go! Oops!

Love yas

Love Kel

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast