Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #7

Everyone seems to be doing very well today!
    I hope Cody is recovering from whatever made his leg a bit lumpy
    Bath - GREAT washing day! It's a bit windy to enjoy my pony or to go for a walk in the local reserve, but it's fabulous for housework!!
    I have Oscar strapped to me, a bit looser and lower down than usual in the hug a bub cos then I can feed him without having to stop all together what I'm doing - I can hold him with one hand (while the sling holds the bulk of him) to the breast and do the things that I can do one-handed (like make a sandwich!). I LOVE this sling, I cannot recommend it enough. The only thing, I figured, that I couldn't do today whilst wearing Oscar was waxing my legs, so I waited for him to go back to sleep after the sleep he had whilst I was in the shower (so I spent about two hours with one hairy thigh and one hairless one, cos I managed to get one done during the 'shower sleep' that he gives me). I cannot rave about this sling enough girls. In fact, I'm petitioning a circle of my friends to put in for one for one of our preggy friends. Put it this way, Oscar is 5.8 kg and I've got months left of wearing him in it.
    I feel heaps better today - sweaty night last night, but I took a panadol before bed and had a very comfortable sleep. I barely even noticed Oscar feeding at 3.30am, or even his 6am feed, but then again, he slept on top of me and I 'posture fed', so it was all done lying down...I figured he could stay in a soggier than usual nappy for a bit longer...bad mummy! DP was good to me this time. Brought me water and told me to take panadol (cos it didn't even occur to me this or last time) and seemed more attentive. Hmmm, leopard changing spots? I won't count on it!
    Rac - your little man has come so far! What a clever mummy
    Kel - hee, hee, like a puppy! Oscar's made those noises, too, and it reminds me of Odin as a puppy only two years ago exactly!
    I'm in a good mood today - I feel so clever feeding in the hug a bub and managing to wax my hairy thighs!

Well thanks everyone, I don't know if it's an insect bite or not it doesn't seem to be bothering him yet. Bath the redness is evenly spread on the one side of his bum and the lump is close to the skin so I don't know. I might go to the Drs tomrrow see what they have to say.

Dee I hope that you feel better soon. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Bath Hopefully your sister will go into labour soon, keep us posted on what she had.

Kel Cody makes those similar sounds as Jack, I love to listen to him when he does it as none of the other boys have been as vocal as he is, it's very cute.

I forgot to say this morning that Cody slept from 9:30pm til 4:20am, it was so nice to have uninterupted sleep, but not holding my breath that it will had tonight, so 1 night is beytter then none.

hugs xoxo

Amanda: If it's an insect bite the lump might be gone by tomorrow and the redness also sounds consistent with a bite. Hope that's all it is

IK: I've done 4 loads of washing today... love this weather... saw the first house-fly inside since last summer yesterday... spring is well and truely on it's way. Yep, I'd certainly buy a HAB if Niall was my 1st baby. My Pixi sling is pretty good except if I bend over too far he would probably slip out. DH wore it around the house apparently when I was out shopping on Saturday morning. He wore it alot with Verity. Now that we have a scanner I'm going to scan heaps of piccys of Verity and Wade when they were newborns... I'll post a piccy of my sling so you all can check it out... haven't seen anyone else wearing one like it... unlike Baby Bjorns which you see everywhere (and I always think to myself that the baby in it could do with some more head support). Regarding hairiness, LOL at your thigh waxing, I've noticed a distinct change in my body hair growth... since having Wade it's become more sparce, and even more so since Niall. This is a good thing because I too used to spend too much $ removing it. Now it's so thin on my legs i hardly need to worry Maybe it's just that I've pulled them out so frequently with my epilation machine or maybe it's just changing hormones or maybe it's just age! :eek: LOL

Oh and Karen: It's just a plain vanilla cake, made from scratch, wanting to perfect my recipe... going to be adventurous with the 'icing', might try an orange Grand Mariner glaze type... good excuse to buy a bottle now that my Bailey's has run out... now I'm sounding like an alco LOL which I'm honestly not! I have about 2 drinks a week on average... it's just that some evenings are so chaotic around here the thought of settling my nerves with a stiff drink after the kids have gone to bed is the only thing that gets me through!

ETA: candy: I've been meaning to post that I tried to open the Dr Phil Quiz but my pc couldn't read the file... tried to sort it out but it was a bit beyond my capabilities... Did anyone else do it? I've been to the site before and done them there a few years ago.

ETA # 2: (Via the BB info service) This email is to let you know that Pinky McKay will be available for a live chat between 8pm-9pm AEST this coming Monday, the 21st August. If you have any questions about babies and sleeping, breastfeeding or general parenthood questions from a newborn to those teen-ragers, be sure to come and ask Pinky a question! To read more about Pinky please visit her site: http://www.pinky-mychild.com.

The Pinky discussion should be good, I might spectate, cos now I feel like a rabbit in headlights...what would I ask? I don't think I have any issues I need help with - thankfully my instinct has been working well so far with Oscar and we've sorted out our things early. Pinky's talk at the ABA on Wednesday night is booked out, and I only found out about it late last week, so that's a bummer. It would have been good just to go and listen and get ideas (not for me at the moment, but in case friends are having issues etc).
    Just about to put on another load of washing - it's gloriously breezy, even if the sun's gone from our side of the mountain now...

Bath I also had trouble opening the Dr Phil quiz. I thought it might have been just me but obviously not.

hugs xoxo

The sun is still beaming down right on our clothesline helping those nappies to dry (shady everywhere else in our back yard)... LOL at the things we value these days!

Hi all
    Nickers sent me an sms to let us know she hasnt had the net since Friday - but she says a big hello to all of us

Rac - you are a life saver ! ! ! ! - today is the first day Aneta has calmed down a bit , still crying and all of that , but no where near as much as the last few days she even slept from 9pm until 5.45am , those infacol drops really work! thanks

ali - the expo was ok , i got Aneta a grobag sleeping bag , which is safe and convenient, and i spoke to some of the SIDS reps - they made me realize we had been overheating Aneta when she was going to sleep for the night.

Amanda - hows Cody going? hopefully just his 1st insect bite - and it will clear up soon

omg - in 2 weeks time Aneta is 3 months old.. seems like just yesterday we were all complaining about heartburn and swollen feet

I know, Enigma, Oscar turned 2 months on Saturday and I realised that time is not just flying, its found warp speed!
    Bath - I'm just such a domestic goddess...well, as close as I'll ever get - the other day I baked muffins...albeit from a Betty Crocker pack, but they were edible! Nothing is as good-humour-inducing, though, as a sunny, northerly-breezy day, though, is it?

Enigma - I am soOoooOOOo happy for you & honestly it will only get better! Strange enough since Ronan has been on the drops he poops EVERYDAY and never cries from the pain and he is now totally formula fed..

How often are you giving her the drops?

I know what you mean about time flying by, i can't believe Ronan is past 5 months already!

*Kristee* Guest

Hi just a quick question....before feed my dd. How did you get your tickers with pictures in your signature?

Kristee-Lea

KL: You go to a ticker site like Racoooon's Lilypie.com and select the "create a ticker" option... it will take you through the steps and give you the option of uploading an image from your files to insert beside your ticker. Hope that helps

ETA: Just changed my ticker... seemed pretty straight forward.... tricky part was modifying the piccy so that it complied with the sizing requirements.

*Kristee* Guest

I have created my ticker but how do i get it to show up with the actual ticker and photo not just the link?????

KL: you paste the link into your signature box in the Preferences area which can be accessed by clicking on User Profile (situated under the BellyBelly logo at the top of this page). Goodluck!

littlerigger Guest

re: the dr phile quiz, it's a power point slide. so if you don't have powerpoint, it won't work.

Thanks Candy I don't think i do have power point so that could be it. Bummer tho I would've loved to have done it.

Well Cody's lump is still there but most of the redness has gone. I think it may have been a little black ant bite as DS2 is also allergic to them and comes up with huge welt mark after been biten, which is what Codys is sort of looking like. Poor thing.

Ok I'll go for now bbl.

hugs xoxo

Hi Junies

Amanda- good to hear that the redness is gone, in that case its clearing up - i just realized ( blame it on the post-pregnancy brain ) that you have 4 sons! ( i thought Cody was the 3rd).. well done I have so much amazement for anyone who has more than one child hehe

Rac - my packet didnt say how often i should give the drops, so i called them and they said not to exceed 12 doses in 24 hours , i squirt them into her mouth with a syringe and quickly give her milk after so she swallows it. She is smiling more again... it must have been really painful for her. Thanks again!... its funny tho , coz you were saying that Ronan seemed ok with farting / burping too - but it was a gas problem. We thought she didnt need anything for gas because she was like Ronan - all ok in that area , ahh well - all sorted now thank god

*vent* my mother told me this morning while DH was sleeping , that last night he refused to give Aneta milk when she was hungry , that he was trying to hold her off feeding for the rest of the evening. As you can imagine i was furious !!.. as soon as she went to work , i woke him and asked him wtf was he thinking .. turns out it was nothing like that , we feed Aneta no earlier than 3 hours after each feed, if she has one sooner she gets that wind problem. He said there was still over an hour left to her feed , so he rocked her to sleep and fed her as soon as she woke up ( 2 hours later ). The question running through my head now - is my mum trying to cause problems in my marriage ?? this is not the first time she has complained about him and made something sound the way it wasnt.. grrrr... and she kept saying to Aneta " daddy was trying to starve you wasnt he " *vent over*

Hope everyone has a good day , really stormy here - perfect weather for being lazy and sleeping all day - oh wait! I have a baby hehe
    Last edited by enigma; August 22nd, 2006 at 12:50 PM.

Yep, we don't have PowerPoint installed either but the quiz is probably similar to what you can do at the site... they are quite interesting.

Good that you feel confident that it was just an ant bite Amanda... are there many where you live? I haven't seen an ant in months... which is amazing given how many food crumbs are on the floor at the moment *blush* This house is just filth ATM... finger prints on everything... polished the windows during my 8th month of pregnancy (as you do LOL) but you wouldn't know it! Same with the mirrors... really need to deal with it now.

Went to PlayGroup this morning... lots of action for Wade so he should doze off soon (He's in bed now). Niall slept through the whole thing as usual... waking up in the supermarket on the way home... put an end to that plan! By the time I was on the train he was in full throttle, howling for a drink, lucky we only had to go one stop. He's happy now, beside me in the pram, fascinated with the fabric design that lines the bassinette part of it.

Missing a few regulars lately... wonder how they are all going... Nickel, Neeny etc.

Now what'll I have for lunch?... another boring tuna tin sandwich? Lucky DH usually gets something nice... oh well at least he's been able to come home earlier lately as his work has settled down (was chaotic at the end of the financial year)... nothing better than seeing him walk in the door before 6pm!

Enigma- Sounds like you are going to have to trust that your DH is doing what is best for Aneta, and just take what your mum says with a grain of salt- You and your DH and doing the best thing for your baby- I hope your mum understands that.

Bath- I concur on the filthy house, mine looks like a bomb site, even though DH and I try to spend some time on the weekend getting in clean, and I get as many jobs as I can during the week. It feels by the time I get done with the list of jobs it is time to start again.

Amanda- I hope Cody's lump/ bite clears up quickly, poor little fellow.

Well it is rotten weather in Perth today, the wind is howling outside. I fully agree with Engima, great day to stay indoors. I amstill in my pj's- partly because I have a back log of washing and no clean clothe, I have a queue of stuff waiting to go into the drier.

I have started today with getting Tori to settle in her bassinet rather than in my arms, I wait untill she is sleepy and then put her down. Then I sit in there with her with my hand on her tummy, and whispering to her as she falls asleep. I am hoping over the weeks I can put her down and just whisper, then put her down and sit in the room, and eventually put her down and leave her to settle herself. From all the stuff I have read it is good to do it step by step, so they become comfortable with self settling. So far this morning she is doing really well and has had her longest morning nap for ages.

Anyway best go and get a few more jobs done, Tori will be awake and hungry very soon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast