Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #9

Yeah I was thinking that (about Tanya) the other day... and also Enigma, did she give a reason why she'd be away? LOL I'm sounding like a teacher already! "And what's your reason Miss?" haha!

Just been down to submit Wade's enrolment form and deposit for his 3yo kinder sessions next year... found out I should have already submitted preferences for 4yo kinder! He might miss out on our prefered group now! It should have been done right after he turned 2yo! The 3yo and 4yo kinder enrolment system is totally different so keep this is mind girls... can you all believe it's under 2 years away from having to think about kinder for our newborns! This is the government system in Vic anyhow... might be different in other states. Verity went to a private school kinder so all this is new to me.

Good on you for getting out and going to see that movie with your Mum's Group friend Nic You've gotta keep doing stuff like that or else you kinda find yourself getting into a rut... well that's how I feel anyhow. And IK sounds like you also had a lovely morning. Awwww don't hate your body Candy! It made your gorgeous little boy! Best of all it doesn't sound like the changes bother Matt, that's fantastic! From this point on ignoring the media pressure to be physically perfect and youthful is seriously important. My DH also worries about his appearance now that he is soon to hit 40 and it's the saddest thing... so I'm experiencing it from the other partner's perspective. I'm a firm believer in beautiful souls. I find some of the world's supposedly most attractive people (Paris Hilton springs to mind) actually incredibly ugly because they are empty and selfish people. Just love your little boy and life and this will shine through Candy... I know it sounds a bit hippy and I have to admit to wishing I was a little more toned physically but surround yourself by people who value YOU not your appearance and it won't be an issue.

Niall awake...

Yep, laundry fairy hasn't arrived yet...
    I agree, Bath, it's funny about attractive people. I was looking at TomKat (and their CUTE baby!) and wondering that Tom must be a nice person cos you get over physical attractiveness of your partner and love THEM, not how well they look on the other end of your arm. My DP is a rather attractive man (aren't they all??) but I often forget that nowadays because I'm in love with his insides (you know, spleen, kidneys, the lot...hee, hee!) and the outsides are merely a nice flourish at this stage of the game. Like, I could be shallow and tell myself how good looking he is when I'm out with him, but not only is that not what he's about, but it would also reduce him to a face and body. He's happy that I have my old body back, but the new one didn't affect his, ahem, plumbing, IYKWIM...
    Candy, Bath's right, your body produced such a cute baby, at least your souvenirs don't cause you discomfort. I have a horrible feeling that the ligament in my pelvis will never be the same - some movements I make give me an unpleasant tug, not quite as sharp or feeling as loose as during pregnancy, but a definite tug of not-so-nice feeling...it can't be seen, but it sure makes itself known, so I'll be seeing a hospital physio about it.

littlerigger Guest

god thinking of kind at 2 is ridiculous!!!!

thanks for your postive comments girls. I was an A cup pre preg, got to a D during preg and am now a small, floppy A lol. dumb body. Maybe I should just go buy some new clothes...

Candy, you poor bugger what a day at the shops., just wait for Christmas, lol I have a problem with hungry food court people in general, I have to manouver four now five kids through to the Loo's and I always have to take on the Don't mess with me motherly face so that people can move out of my way. It's like they can't take a step either way because they are too scared they will lose their spot in the line....be back later to finish this off

I'll end up being a small floppy B cup after I finish BFing Candy... when I finish feeding I plan to go buy some pretty push up bras! Infact... if I keep losing weight I might even find myself an A cup come to think of it! Oh well... just think, at least when we are really old women we won't have boobies resting on our laps! I seem to be hearing of more women having breast reductions than implants these days...

sniff, it's not like us 'fuller' girls are able to change the way we are, either, so if we have boobies down to our knees as old crumblies it's not cos we made a choice to have bigger boobs now and saggy ones later sniff again. I guess we have to tell ourselves whatever makes us feel better! And, honestly, that's what it comes down to - reframing a situation so that we can accept it and live happier (I'm not TOO offended, Bath !)
    Woo hoo, car's ready! The front end won't fall off on my way to Daylesford next weekend, bonus!

Sorry Ik! You're right, my last comment was a bit thoughtless... I'll freely admit I've got issues lingering from my teenage years of fuller friends strutting around proudly and looking down their noses at my pathetic excuse for a bust and yep, you're right, the only thing I could think of to raise my self esteem at the time was to think of them as old women... the last thing I want to do is make my fuller friends feel as bad as I did... soz matey! I gotta get my hands on the book about women and rivalry called "Tripping the Prom Queen"... so I can sort these issues I have out a bit!

ETA: I just Goggled and found a site that has the introduction to that book... here's a bit of it:

Susan Shapiro Barash is a professor of gender studies at Marymount Manhattan College and became fascinated by women's relationship with each other. Can sisters, mothers and best friends be jealous and supportive at the same time? In fact she found that rivalry and envy often pervades female relationships. The women's liberation movement created more options for women, but it also seems to have created more competition, Barash said.

Afternoon ladies,

Well I got Cody weighted this morning and he is now 5335g, so he is going well. Had to battle the wind as Neeny and Jo have mentioned already.

Bedtime Routines we have defineately got them in this house, most nights all 4 boys are in bed by 8pm, then DH and I have sometime to ourselves.

hugs xoxo

Jeepers Creepers, I just half filled a honey jar with milk cos Oscar hadn't fed for 6 hours...and he was wondering why I didn't give him the boob as soon as he woke up! I was wearing him since breakfast and when I'm wearing him I don't notice how full my boobs are getting, and they don't ache anymore when full (I think they're shrinking!), nor do they inflate to super size when he skips a feed or 3! But with him pressing on me, I did have a leak. DP tells me off when I let Oscar sleep for that long but if he doesn't wake up hungry or complaining of a wet nappy, then I let him sleep. I'm sure many a maternal nurse would have words about that, but he's not in any danger of withering away any time soon. He'll be weighed at the end of next week and I'm taking bets that he's going to be about 6 and a half kilos...any wonder my shoulder has been playing up?
    Just been listening to the radio (ABC) about the deaths of elderly aboriginal people through neglect of the health department - I'm so sick of hearing these things and crying about things that should not happen in our country! Grrrrrr!!!

I've noticed another change with my BFing: I can feel empty (especially of an evening) and attach Niall then feel the 'let down' which ends up giving him a good feed! I must have forgotten this process from previous feeding with my other two...

Oooooh DH home.... the highlight of my day!

ETA: ...about the BFing again: I mean I feel really empty some nights... no hardness at all... then after a few sucks from Niall I feel the tingle and then hear him gulping rythmically... I just don't recall it being so drastic a change... it's like "where did it come from???"

Bath - It's common to feel emptier as the day progresses, but it doesn't mean you have a diminished supply, so don't stress about it This can often lead many women to believe that their supply is diminishing and they start to comp feed - this is the worst thing you can do if you want to continue BFing! This is because every drop the child gets that from somewhere else doesn't get produced by you because of the the demand causing supply. I still get full and hard but that's because I have a ridiculous oversupply issue (which is not the norm, so please don't think this is ideal!) that SHOULD have settled down by now, but has yet to do so. Doesnt' help when Oscar plays around with his feeding patterns! Anyway, back to the point, for the benefit of those of us BFing. When women stress about their perception of diminished supply they can stress so much as to cause interference with milk production and let down. So, comp feeding and stressing about not feeling 'full' at the latter end of the day will affect your supply!
    Knowing this, there are days that I don't get hard or feel full and I am actually relieved, thinking I might finally be settling down into normal supply (but the next day changes all that...), because I know that my body is still producing. And I only am confident about this because my "Breastfeeding Naturally" book, published by the ABA reassures me of it, as well as my local counsellors and the ABA's magazine articles.
    Bath, you're probably not too worried about it, but you prompted me to write this spiel for others, cos I have recently heard some alarming stories pertaining to some really bad advice administered by maternal health nurses and other professionals who are armed with misinformation. I have a friend who 'had to give up breastfeeding' because she got bad advice and she was heartbroken. I think she might feel it's too late to relactate (as in, she's beyond the heartbreak and can deal with formula feeding now), but she was so happy to know it was possible, but dismayed to realise she was led up the garden path and her plan to (and enjoyment of) breastfeeding thwarted.
    Off my soap box now

Hey ladies, just stopping in quickly... I arrived safe in perth (just) there was some pretty horrendous tuurbulence coming in over the darling ranges....I actually had to open a barf bag!! But all in all, flying on my onw with 3 children under 3 wasnt too bad... but i had HEAPS of help from the stewardesses (now i remember why i fly QANTAS... Virgin would never give that sort of service!!!)
    Love you all, miss being in here all the time already... But will be in as often as my "holiday" will allow...

Hi all! Turns out Flynn's leg is fine - he must have just got a shock fromt he hot water (phew!)

Simone I agree on the crap service from Virgin - they may be cheap but they are also CRAP when it comes to being helpful!

IK, I got the "Breastfeeding Naturally" book too - it is fanstastic. I have actually passed my copy to a friend who is 3 months pg - I had forgotten that bit about boobs not feeling "full" once your supply settles. I have had a few times when I have worried about supply (when Flynn is having a "non-boob day" and doesn't feel like feeding much, when I had gastro a few weeks ago, etc) but I always push those thoughts from my mind and think about how the species wouldn't have propogated so well if nature didn't allow for such ups and downs. I mean, imagine when caveman got killed by a woolly mammoth and cavewoman got sad - cavebaby had to eat something!

Amanda, I can imagine how much of a relief it must be when they are all in bed, even though you lovem heaps

Candy - you sound like you need a bubble bath, a foot scrub and a facial - you need a bit of body lovin' time to feel good. Try it - it is amazing how much more "in to" your body you can feel after a treatment like that.

Bath, what did you mean we need to think about 4yo kinder when they are in 3yo kinder? Do you need to book them in in advance? How far ahead? I would like Flynn to go to the kinder at our local primary school.

Just got back from Borders at Highpoint (for you Melb girls) - we had our book club meeting there at the cafe and picked out 3 books - "Joe Cinque's Consolation", "The Devil Wears Prada", and "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" (which is a post 9/11 novel written from a 9yo boy's perspective - looks really interesting - it's a novel but has pictures and poems in it too). Off to try and read Joe Cinque's Consolation in bed while Flynn sleeps in the cot next to me - will the bed lamp wake him up?????

ciao bellas

great article, bath! interesting to look at it from an anthropological perspective... I can understand the schoolyard survival tactics, i got a hard time from girls at school for weird reasons, cos otherwise i had an enviable figure and some smarts. ummm...duh! there's a revelation...that could well be why! 12 years later and now i figure it out??? i did learn at the time, though, that it served no purpose to make myself feel better at someone elses expense, especially if it was on the basis of something physical that you can't really control, like body shape, hair type (well, you know, things that dont have a bearing on ones spirit. so i began to see people as eggs - you're good or you're bad. fortunately, most people i come across are good!
    anyway, our babies dont give a stuff what shape our boobies are as long as they got the goods!
    need to tend to the boy...

littlerigger Guest

re school years: I lived through some horrendus treatment by other girls a school. I had a brain that functioned well, I could whip them at sport (made me good friends with the attractive boys) and all these things I realise now (thanks to IK) made them probably jealous. but because I was so small upfront I was regularly called nasty things or told I wasn't really a girl etc. I think these kind of things ruin peoples self esteem in the long term because you'll jst start feeling good about yourself and something will happen to remind you of those times.

rory - I'm glad flynns leg is all good

Simone I'm glad you arrived safely.

Body Image I think I was on the other end of most, I was not really fat but I was bigger then most of the popular girls, I was good at sport and average at school work. I did get teased by boys especially and this has stuck with me since then. When I turned 18 I lost my baby fat as my mum said and I felt good and sexy for a while, then at 20 I met DP and fell pg 5 mths later and after gaining over 20kg in that pg that I never really lost, I have once again struggled with my self esteem about the way I look. I would love to lose about 10-15kgs but I know this will take time. But it's hard to get those feelings and the sayings from school out of your head.

As for Cody, he had his morning feed this morning at about 8am he had about half then started chucking up phlem (sp!) and was crying, so I hope he's not getting sick.

Housework calling better go and do some before the boy wakes up.

hugs xoxo

littlerigger Guest

I just need to get this out

I feel let down by people lately. My friend Sam is going to Melbourne on Ryans naming day because her OH arranged it without considering they had already accepted something else. I know itís not Samís fault theyíre gong to Melbourne but she was my only friend that was going to be there. I don't have many friends (because of the reasons stated above) As I said to Matt the other night when he commented about me being on the PC so much, I said honestly to him, but all my friends are in there!!

My folks arenít coming down to Canberra to visit soon (this weekend or next) like they said they would. And even though things are crap in my relations with them I feel really disappointed. I used to be able to talk to them on the phone and stuff and get along with them just fine but since having Ryan things have just gone to hell. They are constantly judging everything. For example I told my mum last night that Ryan would be on solids by xmas and I got a lecture on how I was on solids by 4 months and it "hasn't killed you". Also when I mentioned job interviews I got the "you can't put ryan in full-time care" lecture. Yet my sister going back to PT work is fine because it's only PT. (She has no aspirations to send her baby to Private school or to own a house or any of the things that Matt and I feel are important). So yeah.....

Grumble grumble whinge whinge, that's me.

Candy, on some level there are some mothers who will see anything you do that's different with your child as a criticism of what they did with you. its not helpful to anyone for them to be like this, but as long as you can use it do gain an insight into their behaviour it can help you deal with it better. i know you still feel like crap
    itook the cutest photo of oscar last night wearing his mouse hat...i posted it on the yahoo site...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast