Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #9

littlerigger Guest

thanks IK. Your boy is such a spunk Mum's rather pretty too

Thanks, Candy :blush:
    Bath, where are you? haven't read from you since your email - come back, let me know you're ok and not beating yourself up again!
    Boobs - I think I'm shrinking (don't worry, ain't NO perkiness there!), cos I'm in a DD that I bought the other week (and it was a firm fit) and I'm not busting out of it...I think my profile is smaller, too - go Oscar! Suck them off me so I can ride my pony without causing self-injury!
    Gonna go soon (to a ... urgh... shopping centre) to get a going away present for friends. Oscar is so uncool today, but really cosy - cute pants with some sort of duck face on the feet (with felt yellow beak) and a yellow knitted jumper, a real country bumpkin look! Oh, well, he's not entering any beauty contests any time soon, although my mum was out shopping one day and I was in white woollens and she entered me on a whim...I came third...which must have irked the mums who had gone all out to get the first two places! But, no, no competitions for Oscar...

LOL (((hugs))) IK... here I am, no not beating myself up... just back from the usual Friday trip into the city (Melbourne Central) ... and last night after DH got home we showered Niall and then I just crashed! Wade hadn't slept all day and I was exhausted... he's sleeping now though! so is Niall...

Rory: LOL at cavebaby! I think about life from that perspective a lot too... it really helps you sort out your priorites and be grateful for what you have instead of wanting more more more material comforts, as if we don't have enough in our 1st world country.... so many precious little babies just like ours are living like cavebabies right now! Verity's school (Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar) recently conducted this amazing fundraiser for 3rd world orphans... it went like this: everyone in year 11 donated $5. Then they were allowed to enter the cafe where tables were set and lovely cooking smells wafted from the kitchen. The round tables each seated 10 girls. After everyone was seated "waiters" brought out covered plates of food. Only 1 out of the 10 girls at each table got a "proper meal" the rest lifted the cover to find just steamed rice. This illustrated to them the percentage of people in the world that actually DO survive primarily on rice and other plain staples compared to people like us who have a wonderful array of food choices. I'm not sure what happened next... would love to have been a teacher to see what the girls did and thought. It was mentioned in the school newsletter as a successful fundraiser... I think the girls knew what to expect so there were no riots etc LOL Not sure why I told you all about that.... it was held recently and I guess i've been thinking about it a lot.

PreSchool in Victoria: Enrolments for both 3yo and 4yo Preschool classes (council run) are taken after a child turns 2yo. It is advised that you do this asap after their 2nd birthday or risk not being offered a place at your prefered preschool. I knew this was the case for 3yo but didn't know it was the case for 4yo... I assumed also that children at a centre's 3yo class would be given preference if they were continuing on to the 4yo group but this is not so! Wade has been accepted into my prefered 3yo group (because I enroled him 3 days after he turned 2) but I've yet to submit the paperwork for the 4yo group meaning he might miss out! So please keep this in mind for 2008 girls! You've got to enrol them then! There are huge waiting lists for the better centres.

time for a cuppa.... back for more personals soon.

Simone: Good to hear you've arrived safely... and well done dealing with your 3 children on a plane for such a long stint! Did Anneliese cry at takeoff and landing? Apparently it can hurt their ears. I was told to feed Wade during these times when we flew to QLD when he was 6 weeks old (feeding helps equalise the pressure in the inner ear as they breathe through their mouths and suck). Hope you have a wonderful stay! It's quite cold here today... is it better in Perth? Thanks for the tip regarding JetStar.... haven't travelled with them myself and I'd like to fly up to QLD again this summer... so we'll stick with Qantas... the best flying experience in terms of helpful attendants for me has been with Singapore Airlines, they are the best!

Candy: I agree with Rory; go out and buy some pampering bath ingredients... products containing essential oils such as vervain, sandalwood, jasmine and rose are especially good in helping you feel more positive and secure. It's amazing how they can alter a mood really. I'm loooooving vervain at the moment (products from L'Occitane) and I use them after Niall has finished his time with me in the shower or bath because I think they might be a little too strong for him. Vervain has this ability to make me feel so happy and it's lovely in getting rid of that sour milk smell that comes with BFing. Sandalwood makes me feel more secure when I'm going through times of low self esteem... helps when DH is late home and I start fretting irrationally that some girl in the office is trying to sleaze onto him! LOL

All of a sudden I feel inspired to get my vapouriser going.... might try some bergamot... that inspires me to get stuck into the housework! LOL

Hey Candy, good point about our babies being Geminis - I'd never even thought of that, but it would explain a lot! Hey, I can totally understand why you're feeling down - that sucks about your friend and your folks. This motherhood thing can be extremely isolating as it is, without that sort of stuff adding to it.

Bath, what a fantastic idea that was at Verity's school...I'm sure they teach kids all the stats and they go in one ear and out the other, but to explain it so visually would have been very effective, I'm sure.

Body image - well, I have always been an A cup, and my pgs have left me a B cup, so that is something. Bear in mind that I didn't BF past 2 weeks either, but I won't go into all the emotional issues I have with that, or I'll be typing all day...basically I feel like my boobs failed on their one big mission in life, so what's the point of even having them? Anyway, didn't put on too much weight this pg, but I have no muscle tone in my abs, so I still look a good 4/5 months pg, which is the thing that gets me down. I'm going to a wedding a week tomorrow, and I'll be wearing my tubigrip under my dress to try and hold it in a bit!

littlerigger Guest

IK - Lol at the idea of Oscar sucking it off you I can't wait to get bck to work because I'm hoping I can maybe afford to agist ONE of my horses in the ACT so I can start riding again!

Bath - Don't you hate those evil thoughts that start to creep in when DH is late home from work? I've written those oils down & I'll pick some up when I go shopping this weekend. The thing at school is a great idea!!! I'd like to see that done but reminding the kids about the kids in australia living on the streets that don't have loving mums & dads that send themto nice schools, that are there because they've been abused etc. I think a lot of schools forget to teach our kids that there are unfortunate people in our own country. We spend so much time focussing on terrible stuff overseas and pretending it oesn't happen here. Like IK mentioned with the aboriginal people!! JMO though.

Jo - Yup blooming little geminis!!! With the isolation thing, you are right. You feel isolated already and then people put in their opinions on EVERYTHING which can make you feel very targeted! I'm sure you'll look great for the wedding. Nothing wrong with wearing a tubigrip. Celebs have nips & tucks all the time GRR.

Me - well I'm doing something I've found I really enjoy.... baking bread. Right now I am baking rolls for the hamburgers I am making for tea tonight. I love the smell of fresh baked bread at Bakers Delight etc so I thought what could be better than that smell filling my house??? Also I have found some yummy friand recipes to make for Ryan's naming day that will be both Gluten and Dairy free YAY!!!

Essential oils: Candy, rose and jasmine are very very expensive ( over $100 a bottle) but if you can buy special blends with them in it it's almost as good. Citrus oils like orange and mandarine are cheap (under $15 per bottle) and aslo lovely mood elevators... vervaine (also called verbena) is also kinda citrusy... although i think it's a flower or a leaf(?) and not too expensive. The most important thing is to buy a good brand... I generally only buy InEssence or SunSpirit (they both have a good websites) oils... they are very reputable and use excellent quality ingredients... make sure you don't buy a synthetic product!!!! they usually have the words "fragrant oil" on the bottle instead of "essential oil". Also you might want to buy or borrow a book about oils and how they affect/alter moods. Let us know what you get!

ETA: InEssence have a special blend called Intimacy with Jasmine, Neroli, Orange, Rose and Sandalwood <--- highly recomended when you are feeling crappy about yourself to the point of it affecting intimacy.

littlerigger Guest

I love citrusy smels. Verbena is the leaf / flower. I had a "lemon verbena" tree at my old house. yummy smelling

Well I need to get this of my chest, I've been feeling really upset and moody lately and I don't know what it's all from. I think that it started with my so called friend telling me that Lochie needs chill pills and now I think I've taken that to heart and feel like the worse mother in the world. My two older boys don't listen to me that much and I feel that because I'm yelling or constantly telling them to stop doing something that it is reflecting on me as been a bad mother. I now don't have any friends in QLD, my best friend lives in Sydney and we talk as much as we can, but I'm feeling so isolated at the moment, all I seem to do is walk Kailen to school then come home and that is my life. Don't get me wrong I love been a SAHM but I need adult conversation. I feel that my frustration is coming into the way I am parenting and I just don't want to feel like this anymore, as I'm sitting here typing this I'm bawling my eyes out as it feels like a small weight is been lifted by typing this out. I am also feeling very invisible like no one can see or hear me, besides DH, but he doesn't know how to fix it so I don't know.

Ok I better stop now or I won't be able to compose myself, there's no need to say anything I'm just glad I've got it off my chest now, and will try and deal with it and make the changes I might need.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; September 8th, 2006 at 04:24 PM.

Amanda, i know what its like to feel really lonely, i just moved from Perth to Melb 6 months ago, and havent really been able to get out an make any friends... The only time i go out is food shopping. Move to melb, we can have coffee everyday together!!

DH asks why im on here ALL THE TIME... Its the only place i have friends.

Please dont feel its you who are the prob, why your so lonely... Its other people, they dont see what a beautiful person you are...

sending a couple of BIG HUGS your way sweetie...

ETA my 3yo ignores me... my 2 boys even hit me when they have tantrums. I think ignoring muum is the phase htye go thru, from about 2 yrs old until... adulthood fingers crossed that things look up for you...

Oh Amanda! (((Big Hug darl))) I know exactly how you're feeling! There's been times when I've felt the same way, especially the isolated feeling. Things haven't been too bad this time around mainly because of a connectness i get from BB and from being helped by Kelly (Zantey) and from meeting a few BB members and new mums at PlayGroup etc. I hear you regarding the yelling and i have to make a very conscious effort not to do this myself. Along with Nic I've been taking In-Liven which I personally have found to help control my short fuse as it's helped to deal with my sugar cravings and thus mood swings. never hesitate to vent in here darl... it's exactly what it's for! Even if you find yourself "thinking aloud" and going off on tangents like I do it all helps. I know how some things like your friend's comment can stick in your head so when that happens you just come in here and we'll set it straight... give you a better perspective... sometimes i find that when people make silly comments like that it's often because THEY need to take their own advice (like my neurotic mother telling me I should be careful not to get depressed... it's HER who needs that advice, not me!) i also know what you mean about adult conversation: that's my biggest issue ATM and why we all need to amke sure we get out like Nic did the other day and seize every opportunity to socialize with other mums You just get as much off your chest as you need to darl!

Thanks girls, I hear you on BB been were I know all my real friends are. You girls have been thru all mine and everyone elses ups and downs, it's great in here.

Simone my 4 yr old and 2 yr old do the hitting thing to my oldest doesn't which is good, I think sometimes that it may be the testostrone floating thru their little bodies.

Bath what is In-Liven, I've never heard of it before and how much is it? Your right about everything as usual which makes me feel better. i think everything has just boiled to a head today and I've had a complete meltdown this afternoon.

Thanks again for all your support.

hugs xoxo

everyone has been quiet chatty in here today!
    Had Nixon weighed etc
    6020g (up 720g in 3 weeks)
    length: 62cm (3cm in 3 weeks
    HC: 40.7cm (2cm in 3 weeks)

Amanda/Candy/Simone- My dh rekons i am on here ALL THE TIME too, but i also dont have many friends in Melb since moving from Syd 3yrs ago. I have one gf with a 12 weeks old boy who i saw today, other then her none of the other few friends i have, have children.
    Simone- glad ur flight went well. Did u have a seat for Declan because u were holding Anneliese? Dont know where i got this thought from but i thought that for each infant they needed an adult to travel with is that right?
    Amanda- i hope you are feeling a little better after venting a bit in here, you are not invisable, although we cannot see you, we hear you and we listen to you, i cannot give much advise on toddlers because i havent been there yet but if ur friend meant what she said about your son i think she is really insensitive. Do u think she could have just been joking?
    Body image- yep i have a problem with it. I think my belly still looks 3-4moths pg i hate it.

oh mum sent me a pic of me (about 6 months old) and whoo hoo i can see a resemblance in Nixon!
    He has been a grump bum the last few days, become very dummy depandant grrr and just sooky..... could he be teething?? not sure, also just started giving him some wind drops to c if this helps witht he frustration and wriggle when feeding.

Hi ladies

Can't believe another Australian icon has died - this time Peter Brock..what is going on???

Anyway thought I'd share a strange moment - was feeding Aleise this afternoon when I felt something warm run down my leg - so lucky me copped diahroea (sp?) down my leg. Seems it leaked through a full nappy. Sorry if TMI but I just hope that doesn't happen again in a hurry!

Body image: Well I went to the gym again today and paid my $4 to child care ladies - they love Aleise and asked me where I'd been! After seeing my fat photos from the baptism I'm determined to lose 10kg even though I'm lighter now then when I fell pregnant. However am still a D cup and used to be a C so not upset about that! Just remember girls we're all still beautiful to our babies daddys' and that's the main thing!

Candy: Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling happy lately darls - remember you have plenty of friends here. I found a mother's group on another website and I'll email that one to you as they have mother's groups listed on that one. We meet every fortnight and its grown a lot since a month ago! Then again it won't be long until you score a job and will find little time for us I bet!

Bath: If you come up this way can we meet up? Unless you're going to the Whitsundays or something (and I'll be jealous! if you do!).

Brisbane girls: Would be good if we could meet up - I think Jo and Amanda3 are on the south side so the city might be the go. Amanda - try to keep a positive attitude if you can - remember chocolate (in moderation) is your friend! hehe!

Try to make the effort to meet some new people if you're friends have deserted you or they're too far away. After living in Brisbane for 5 years I don't have many friends here and the ones that I do have don't live close by.

About Tulip (Tanya) she texted me yesterday and said she was pretty busy so I'm sure she'll get online again soon.

Well I"d better go and try to go for a walk with Aleise while the sun is still up - nice and warm today and she's been kicking around in a t-shirt and nappy whilst I have a singlet and shorts on - roll on summer!

Take care all and *huggies* all 'round.
    Neeny xoxo

Brocky, oh my god.... i heard a lady mention something to a shop assistant this arvo but didnt quiet hear everything. Then dh rang me and confirmed it was true.
    I rang my dad straight away, he's a bit motorsprot fan, even raced once @ Bathurst (HQ's not V8's!) so i have watched him race for as long as i can remember, i just cant believe we have lost two great Australian's within 4 days.

Neeny: meet up? sure I'd like to go to Seaworld Nara Resort again this year for a few days (we've been there twice before... it's the most family friendly holiday place we've been to). So depending on how big DHs bonus is this year we could be up there over summer or early next year.

Nic: Oh Nixon is thriving! He might even be bigger then Niall now! Speaking of which I've just this minute uploaded a piccy I took about 10 minutes ago of him in his sleeping bag and pram bassinette.

Oooh I've spent too long on here today! better do something about dinner!

ETA: forgot to add that Wade is going through a phase of hitting me too... is a very very common phase that is best dealt with by distracting them... "oh look! what was that flying past the window???" let's go have a look!!!" by the time you get outside they have usually forgotten about why they were hitting you... this works for 2/3 yos anyhow

Neeny that would be great to have a meet up, we'll just have to organise when and where.

It is a shame about Peter Brock, thats two within a week.

hugs xoxo

what a cute piccy Bath! Oh and love that quilt too on the other photo.
    starting my vent:
    Ive just been crying with Nixon. he had another episode of refusing me. took one side ok (without nipple sheild) then to the bad side i need the sheild with he would not take, cried and sceamed and cried some more. I had 100ml i had expressed in the fridge so gave that to him but he still wasnt happy (cried through trying to give it to him) so i thought well maybe he aint hungry anymore. Take him off, try to comfort, continued screaming. DH took him off me and he took the rest of the bottle from him? (could this be because he has the bottle with dh each night? )
    Now he has just had a bath and he is upset again......
    Im a bit upset that the MCHN kept on me about the nipple sheild (even though i told her i only use it half of what i used to) like WTF, i am doing the best i can, I am still breastfeeding him arnt i....i told her i cannot just go out shops etc and feed him easily if i need to, its a constant struggle coming off, on off on over and over again, until i use the sheild. (to which she mentioned prob because thats what i got him used to) i feel like saying to her well u chop your pertruding nipples off and then try and get a baby to latch onto them woman.
    i am always trying to avoid feeding him in public if i can, i always have to have the sheild with me for JIC and try to disguise that i am putting it on if i need to.... i guess im just over today because he has been unsettled for most of it. i dont even feel comfortable to talk to girls from mothers group about it (i even hide that i use the sheild when i have to feed him when with them) i prob find it easier admitting it to you guys because i cannot see the looks on your face (not implying u would have a funny look but YKWIM?)

Thanks for listening to my vent...going to watch Basic Instinct 2 (dh pick not mine) great will prob be lost of big fat nipple shots!

Oh no! Nic crying too?! maybe it's the full moon tonight? But you're right Nic... that stupid MCHN should have been more supportive... I guess you've probably tried everything but have you expressed a bit from the bad side until you can kinda form a nipple for his mouth to latch onto? Even my nipples get a bit hard for Niall to latch onto when I'm engorged. Also, apparently there is an excellent ABA group that meets regularly in Heidelberg... I haven't joined because I don't really need any support, although I've considered going to a few meetings (they suggest you go along to a few before you subscribe) and if they are a nice group of ladies i might join just for the social side of things... it might be easier to talk to women in a group like that rather than a Mother's group or Playgroup (I don't talk about anything really personal at those sorts of places either). BFing is such a hormonally regulated thing that it's not surprising you get upset when things get tough... you're doing a fantastic job Nic and deserve to have it acknowledged more than what it is! Now sorry, I had to laugh at that last line of yours: "great will prob be lots of big fat nipple shots!" hehe

Amanda: Now how are you going darl, all the boys in bed now? I forgot to say that In-liven is a probiotic superfood powder that Kelly Zantey has discovered and has started a thread in BB about. Quite a few of us are now trying it and it's helping us with a variety of health issues.... mine being sugar cravings. Try to find the thread and have a read. If you can't find it then locate a post by Kelly (BellyBelly) and there is a link in her signature.

Watching the footy finals here.... too many injuries

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast