Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006

Dee,
    congrats on loosing weight.
    Ive been a slakker and feeling fat at the moment.
    I put on 12kg when pg and i still have a good 6-7kg to shed. I admit i haven't been eating super healthy all the time and barely done excersice, but the first 4 weeks were a right off with e recovering and back & forth to Hosp.
    Then i was getting to know my son, then i left it a bit long, then Ive been in Sydney so now here i am almost 3 months gone and not lost anything!
    Determined from now i shall be!

wonder how CeeCee is going and if she had Alexandra over night?

went to SOO last night, what a great game.. besides NSW loosing i was devastated at what happened we looked for certain to win. QLD ALWAYS come back in the final stages. Anyway hope they continue to have a game in Melb it really was great the crowd was awesome and filled with both NSW & QLD supporters, and the venue was great witht he roof shut. I missed Nixon a bit and one stage was picturing his big smiling face in my head and my boobs started tingling!!

Hi All
    Just popping in to let you know I smsed CeeCee last night , and no reply .. So im hoping they are very busy bonding as a family of 3
    As soon as I get any news i'll come right online and post!

Well I've had a bad nite with Cody, he was up every 2hrs and wanting a feed. So I'm super tired and could really go a few hrs of sleep.

Also does anyone know if taking fefol which is an iron and folate supplement may consipate Cody, because I can't remember when his last poo was. I know he did one last Friday, but I can't think if he has done one since. He usually does one every second day, but I've been feeling really vague lately.

Hope CeeCee is holding little Alexandra by now.

hugs xoxo

Hi Amanda, I was taking Fefol after having Paige and it didn't make her constipated (I was though LOL), but it did make her poos really smelly and green looking. It is entirely possible that he is not pooing because he is going through a bit of a growth spurt at the moment. But then it could be just his bowel habits changing too IYKWIM?

Hugs Amanda. If exclusively breastfed, he really shouldn't get constipated, don't forget breastfeed babies can go for days and days without pooing, as breast milk doesn't have much waste product. However if your concerned give the health nurse a call or the ABA a call. It probably is a growth spurt.
    Hope Cee Cee is holding her bub.
    Hugs to you too Miskel, how are you hanging in there?
    Nickers, condolences on your team losing, I'm over the moon of course (hehehehe), what a game.
    Hi to everyone
    Dee

Thanks Sherieb, he just did a really big poo, I've also noticed that his farts have been a bit more smelly, but his poos are still orangey. I haven't been constipated yet touch wood. Not a good feeling.

hugs xoxo

#karen# Guest

Well done Tanya and welcome to the world Lucas.
    Thinking of you Ceecee.
    Good to hear from you Kel, hope all is going well.
    All the best for appt today IK
    Hope you can catch up on some sleep Amanda, it's hard with other children though, do you have anyone that can help out during the day?
    Nickers - had to laugh at the tingling boobs, it's great you are able to get out, I suppose you express? I bought a pump, have yet to sterilise it. So i am reluctant to leave Nathan with anyone. I would want to do a test run with the bottle first to make sure he takes it.
    Hi to everyone else - off for a nap now while I have the chance - older two are at MIL's. I find if I don't rest in the day, by evening boobs aren't so full. Must remember to drink more water too.

Just popping in quickly to say congrats to Tulip, well done! And waiting to see how Cee Cee is going...

Shocking night here, although I had 6 hrs sleep it was in four 1 1/2hr bits, so it feels like hardly any. Vicious circle of Freya not sleeping for long enough, too tired to feed well so only has 1/2, then falls asleep, but wakes quickly because still hungry. Trying a few things to overcome it today, so hopefully better night tonight!

Hope everyone is well, back to check on Cee Cee soon!

Hi again Junies
    Im so excited , the last one of us has finally made it to the other side !
    just got an sms from CeeCee's DH
    " Alexandra Jayne was born 11.41am 6/7/2006. She weighs 3.94kg & is 52cm long. Cath and Alex are both OK "

once again CeeCee , congratulations !!

( birth announcement posted )

A big woooo hoooo for CeeCee and DH, congrats on the arrival of Alexandra hope all went well.

hugs xoxo

congratulations CeeCee, i cant wait to c some pics of Alexandra!

im just having a shocker of a day, went to Myer cause they have a special on & need to get a pressie for my friend who had her boy cause we are seeing them tonight.
    well it was Chaos i had 2 ppl STEAL my car spot when i was waiting for the car to come out and had my blinker on, got in there and was chaos ppl prams crap everywhere. Nixon was screaming picked him up, spewed all over me. pramn was getting stuck trying to go around ppl in and out of isles.was walking around in circles not getting anything, end up getting something for Xavier but forgot about my other friends little boy, was in too s##tty mood so left. Nixon cried the whole way home, gave him a bottle i had expressed, guzzed it and spilt half down himself, house is a mess, he had a nap then woke and spewed all over me again after just changing my top AHHHHH!!!!!!

Jo sorry to hear you had a bad night, i had a similar night to you i think, Nixon woke @ 2,3,4am not for a feed just a cranky pants then fed @ 6am. i think thats why i am in such a bad mood today and crwoded arrogant ppl @ the shops did not help my mood! For all my efforst i think i only saved $7.... big whoop hey......

Awww Nic! That sounds totally wretched. I can relate to being put into foul moods by crowds... I've been this way ever since having mt DD 11.5 years ago! LOL For some reason crowds didn't bother me before having children but now they mostly do. I think it started when taking her out as a newborn and realising that there were all these perils like smokers holding their cigarettes right at her level as she lay in her pram... even when she was was old enough to toddle along beside us smokers would almost poke their fags into her face.... people are just so unobservant! Also as a pram driver I am highly vigilant not to run into people but it's hard when they walk right infront of you then stop suddenly... totally forgetting that you are there... then you get people who refuse to budge on the footpath (despite having lots of room) and force you to swerve around them despite being laden with shopping and dealing with a crying child etc etc. It's like they resent you for taking up too much room. I so didn't laugh at a recent episode of The GlassHouse (I think) which they seemed to devote half the program to putting down pram users...saying how they clogged up their favourite cafes etc.

Got Niall with me now... gotta do this one fingered... better come back later... Congratulations CeeCee!!!!

Well it must have been the night for not enough sleep. Tori also woke every 2 hours for a feed, and is in the same viscious cycle of being tired, so not feeding enough, and waking up quickly for another feed. I am exhausted.........by this afternoon I had had enough and gave her a bottle of formula because my nipples hurt, and I was just too exhausted to give her another breast feed. It is very easy to see how people become disheartened with breast feeding and give it up. I am waiting for my breast pump to arrive and hoping that when I can express some to build up some supplies in the freezer, I can give her one feed of EBM a day just to give myself a break.

I took her to school today to see my kids, but unfortunatley the whole school was out on an excursion ........the holidays start on Friday so I will take her back after school goes back in.

Yay for Cee_cee, so glad her little girl decided to make her appearance into the world, fingers crossed that everything with her kidneys are fine.
    I had better go, got visitors coming this afternoon

Gee Nic, sounds like you had a shocking time!!! I know it doesnt help when you have had a bad night. The twins have changed their sleep a bit and I am feeling it. Hope your day improved in the end!

Congratulations to Cee Cee on the arrival of little Alexandra! Another little princess for our group!!!

Just got back from Mias class party, (afternoon tea for mums and kids). It was nice and we had a great time. However every little girl within cooee of the pram was either in it or just about! I feel like telling them to P off!! But I do remember what it was like as a kid. Babies were just the ultimate!!!

I am having a huge busy bee here today. Better get back to it before the inlaws turn up for tea.

Love Kel & Co!!

Ali- I still have expressed stuff in the freezer from early days when i had too much for Nixon. We give him atleast one bottle feed a day and i like doing it as it gives me a rest and quiet often then DH can feed him.
    we are about to go out and ive just taken a bottle of EBM with me as it takes 15-20min to take a bottle as apposed to 1hr on the breast... i too see how so many ppl revert to bottle feeding.
    Then you still have to thing of extra time in preperation, cleaning,steralizing too. And cost is a good reason for me to keep chugging along....
    hang in there it will get easier. Tori will most likely get quicker at sucking and wont always want to feed every 2 hrs. Gosh you must be so exhausted.

I give my two a bottle of formula at night as a top up to get them through so I can get a decent sleep. And as of tonight Jack will be getting 1 teaspoon of Farex in his. I did it with Mia and my mum did it with us kids and it really helps. I dont feel guilty about the formula feed and nor should anyone. Sometimes all I seem to be doing is feeding and it does get to you. If giving bub 1 feed a day helps, then I recommend you do it Ali!

DH home now... yay! LOL

I gave Niall his first bottle experience today too, with expressed milk... just 1 oz... took him a while to get the hang of it but I don't think it will take long (never had problems with previous children)... the electric pump has given me lots of extra supplies... wish we had a deep freeze so I could store it for longer... can keep it for 3 months in our type of freezer... I guess that will be long enough as it's only going to be for outings and emergencies. I plan to BF for at least 9 months as i did with my 2 others... fortunately I don't usually encounter any problems such as sore nipples etc... and the cost of formula really adds up because I like an expensive brand (I've previously supplemented feeds towrds the end of the 9 months and then continued using forumla until my children turn 1 yo even though technically they don't "need" it i like the peace of mind that they are receiving all the trace minerals and vitamins.... also because we don't eat red meat the iron content is important. For those having a hard time BFing at the moment please don't give up just yet... these are the toughest days, it does get easier... I'm not saying formula is bad but I'm sure that the fact my kids don't have any allergies, asthma, eczema etc (that runs in DHs family) could be because of the breast milk... plus think of the immunity you are giving them to all the winter bugs! I know BFing probably still hurts a bit (is with me when Niall first attaches) but this gets better too... so hang in there girls

((((Hugs)))) Welcome to the other side Tanya!!! Am typing single handed again... looking forward to reading your story darl

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast