Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #11

Smile terrible twos!!!

Okay so i have offically had enough of the terrible twos and hes not even two yet!!! it was cute when DS first learned the no word now IM wishing id never told him no because quite clearly he has learnt this from me!!! also if i tell him off for something he will put his finger up to his mouth and say "shhh" this one im guna blame on the wiggles and there songs!!! he learnt to say "shh" of rock a bye a bear!!!

Feathertop CONGRATULATIONS hope all goes well!!

Hello my lovely June mummies and daddy!!

Sorry I've been MIA lately but I only really get the chance to come on late at night and by then I'm completely exhausted LOL

Things here have been a little hectic since Matthew was born. I was in hospital for 5 days and was so relieved to come home as I was missing my little family. I got home on the Tuesday and by Thursday DH was in hospital dealing with the likelyhood of needing bowel surgery!! He was in hosp for 3 days and thankfully the surgery was avoided - FOR NOW! Then last week my dad ended up in hospital with kidney stones!! Poor Mikayla has seen the inside of so many hospitals in the last 3 weeks that when we now get in the car she says "go to hopital mummy"!!

Aside from all of the drama all else is going well. Mikayla absolutely loves her new little brother. She's so excited to see him in the mornings and as soon as she hears him crying she runs off to check that he's ok.

Feeding Matthew hasnt been so easy. I've decided to move on to formula because I just didnt have enough milk for him. He was always crying hungry and was getting so frustrated while feeding. I'm still expressing and giving him what I can but BFing exclusively just didnt work out for us

I still cant believe that I've now got 2 babies!!! Matthew is already 1 month old this week and can you believe our little ones are almost 2???? Where does time go?

Hope you are all well and I'll try to pop in more often. As Celsie said, we dont want them to close us down!!!

Take care my dear dear friends

Teepee2! What a beginning for you and your new little family of 4! Hope life has settled into a rather uneventful routine now, lol.

I just had to pop in here quickly to share that my little one is stringing so many words together now and trying all that she can not to mention coming out with words that I didn't even know she knew!! Today in the shops I was holding her and she played with my earring and said, "Earwing" and then grabbed my face and moved my head as she said, "Side" which meant she wanted to see the other earring, lol. But then tonight, I tucked her into bed and told her I loved her and I'll check on her later, which I do everynight. She always says, "Side" as she rolls on her side and then, "Ok" after I tell her I'll be in later. But tonight after I said, 'Love you' she rolled back and said, "Koe luff mum"......I almost cried!! So so precious!! Makes those times when she's acting like a complete wild banchie and being the biggest monkey completely worth it!

Ah, happy sighs here

Peach Guest

Hello June Mummies!

Charlyfrog :: Dosen't it just melt your soul when they say "I love you mummy" in there own way.

Teepee2 :: Well hopefully now your hospital visits are over with! Your little family sound just beautiful, enjoy every moment!

Mackenzies favourite thing to do at the moment is stand at the fridge and pantry all day asking for more fruit! .. I give her a banana or manderin, she LOVES to peel it .. and then throw it on the floor grrr! then she'll ask for more! I wish they made toy fruit that peels! I am getting over the morning sickness now (hopefully it will stay away) I have a gut feeling I am having a boy ... !

He everyone,

Glad little Matthew and Zahley are settling into life okay I can't imagine how exhausting it is second time round. Celsie - how do you pronounce Zahley, does it rhyme with Hayley or Marley?

I love it when Lewis says something that I didn't know he knew. He said hole the other day and when he saw someone swimming he said pool. I didn't know he knew those words. He also knows chunks of the alphabet from A-G and P-Z which he's learnt from his brainy baby DVD so I was shocked when he started reciting those!

We are moving house on Wednesday so can't wait although am dreading the actual move. Can't wait to do Lewis's new room though. He's having a transport theme, how predictable, but he does love his cars and buses!!

So does anyone have any birthday plans for the little ones yet?

Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing well.

Tina - sorry to hear that b/f exclusively hasn't worked out for you the way you planned. Good on you for expressing though, as every bit helps. And esentially, as long at Matthew is fed and loved that's all that matters. Hope your family are all better now and that you don't have to make any more visits to the hospital in the near future.

Young Mumma - I hear you on the terrible twos. Don't you hate it when they use what you teach them against you?? Diana quite often says "no" too, which can be a bit frustrating expecially when I know she really means "yes", e.g. "Diana, do you need to go potty?" "No." and then she does a poo in her nappy a few minutes later... Still, its all a learning experience.

Jen - congratulations on your pregnancy. Glad to hear that mrorning sickness is not bothering you too much. How far along are you? LOL at Mackenzie peeling fruit and throwing it on the floor. Diana likes to "play" with her food too. Sometimes I think she's eaten something, only to find it squished in the corner of the couch several hours later .

Charly - so cute about DD saying "I love you". Awww. Diana is learning lots of words too and quite often comes out with things I didn't know she knew. This morning we're watching Alice in Wonderland on TV and she said "rabbit late", and then "flowers" when the singing flowers came on. So cute.

Sarah - yay on moving to your new place. Where are you moving to? Wow re Lewis reciting the alphabet. That's awesome. Diana sometimes counts up to about 8, but I don't think she really knows what she's saying. But its still good to hear.

Diana is really into singing at the moment and often asks DH and me to sing spcific songs, e.g. she says "Twinkle Star" or "Sheep" (baa baa black sheep), etc. Its very cute, except that when we finish a song, she says "again" over and over... Still, its fun.

Re birthday parties, we have decided that every second year we would do a big party for Diana and on the other years we would have a quiet family celebration. Last year we had a party for her first birthday, so this year we were thinking of taking her to the zoo as a family.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MumofLewis View Post
    He everyone,

Glad little Matthew and Zahley are settling into life okay I can't imagine how exhausting it is second time round. Celsie - how do you pronounce Zahley, does it rhyme with Hayley or Marley?
    Marley, but there's no "r" sound as such, it's a "ah" sound.

Just a quick post, since Miss wants a feed and I'm tired. Caeleb brought home another cold from swimming lessons, so guess who caught another cold... yep, my poor little baby girl.

Caeleb is also chatting away like little a parrot... he repeats everything he hears. My favourite at the moment is "cheerios"... LOL

Question - do your toddlers know how to say their names yet? Diana can say "Diana", but she calls herself "Donnie", e.g. if she wants a drink she'll say "Donnie water", etc. Its very cute, although strange, as no one else calls her that...

Lewis ca't pronounce the 'L' so says 'oooowisss'

Caeleb's never said his own name, nor attempted it. His little friends call him "Leb". We call him Ca-lee-bee, Lee-bee or Leebs.

Hi all

Cels sorry to hear that Caeleb and Zahley have another cold. Its just that horrible time of year when they pick up everything!! Hope they're both feeling better soon and that you manage to dodge it Do you find that Zahley is always hungry recently? Matthew is now on formula and is having 120mls every 2 hours during the day and 3-4hrs at night. He always seems to be famished!! All I can put it down to is a growth spurt because its not like he's a big baby by any means!!

Mikayla can say her own name but usually says Kayla or Kay. We usually call her Kayla or Kaylee so we expected her to abbreviate it too.

Zofia we will probably have a little party for Mikayla's birthday. She only had a family one last year so this time I thought I'd invite her playgroup friends. I thought maybe a Dora, Fairy or Night Garden theme as they are her favourites but I suppose it will all depend on the weather because I'd much prefer to have it in the back garden. Winter birthdays are so unpredictable!!

Sarah how is the new house going? Bet you're having a very busy day! Hope it all goes well. Would love to see some pics when you've settled in.

Jen hope the morning sickness has stayed away for you. Mikayla isnt unlike Mackenzie - all she seems to want to eat at the moment is fruit. Peeling her own sounds very cute but I can understand your frustration when it ends up all over the floor. We're going through the "tip everything upside down" stage at the moment, I seem to be mopping up spills and vaccuming all day!!

Charly Chloe sounds just gorgeous!! Its amazing how they're talking so much all of a sudden isnt it. Mikayla started to speak quite early on but recently I've noticed so many new words and sentences - some of them more cute and innocent than others The number of times we hear "come on mummy/daddy" throughout the day is driving us bonkers LOL Not to mention the naughty words she's somehow picked up! She attempts to sing just about every Fairies and Wiggles song too which I must say is very cute!

DS has never been one to "repeat" what i say until recently and just in the last week he has said soo many new words that i didnt know he under stood what they ment!! he tells me now when HE wants a shower when HE want to go to bed (typical male it has to be HIS idea) when i put him to bed i say love you and he now say "wuv vu" back then i say i will see you tomorrow and he just nods and waves occasionaly he will say se ya morrow or bye!! i have identical twin sisters he know them apart but can only say sheri not shannon!! his new way of getting my attention is to GO "OI"!!! and he responds to most things i say with a "WHAT" or a "why" and sumtimes i get ""hmm""!!!!! "f" have been relaced wit a"b" so finished = binished!!! to try and curb his "what" respose i have been making him say "pardon" but he says that if he burps or passes gas!! but he knos the diference surprisingly!!! thats all i acn think of now but its crazy that i can have a full on convo with him!!

hi girls,
    me again , long time no talk, you know my excuse already, im a male.....

ahh where to start
    nearly two and 96cms long and can jump from couch to daddys tummy in one very quick movement and laughs all the way down.....no fear!

Nates not making much sense with his ramblings but occaisionaly we get a proper word usually related to food or milk.
    finaly moved into single bed two weeks ago(child not me) and now loves bed time. doesnt get out during the night but in the morning when he wants to get up hes out and in our room before we get the chance to wake up. he will only go to DW side to get in and wants nothing to do with my side which i reckon is fine with me.LOL
    deciding which tree to chop down this year for birthday party. vegie patch is screaming along.

must go and pick him up soon so will say ciao till next time

ciao
    dragonstorm

Talking

Hello!!!!!!!!!!! I have just posted in the woohoo room but wanted to share with my buddies.......I was at my sister's bubby's birth this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was th most amazing thing and gosh, my sister!! I am in absolute awe of her!! It was such long one (compared to mine) and she did it!! All by herself, she did it!!! A close friend at myself were right up next to her head for pretty much the 11 or so HOURS between the friend and I arriving at the hospital and the bubby being born. And oh my gosh!! The emotion when bubby was almost there!! I think (hehe) my friend and I almost screamed at my sister as we saw the head crown as my sister was SO exhausted by now!! BUT SHE DID IT!! (& I think I'm going to cry!) I have had barely 2 hours sleep but am hoping this adrenalin gets me through to my moochies bed time so I can then CRASH!! Oh my goodness!! I can tell I'm clucky! My sister's pain didn't put me off! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

*blissful sigh*

Congratulations Charly!!!

What are the details???

Sorry for delay! Little girl 6lb2.5oz, 48cm long

I got to change her nappy last night (seems backward doesn't it that I was looking forward to changing her nappy, lol!) and I couldn't get over how TINY she is!! My girls were that tiny once.....INSIDE OF ME!!! I can't believe I got out 2 babies - one 2lb2oz heavier and the other 3LB HEAVIER!! Again I say My brother who also has kids & I were giggling over how not bad the nappies smell where as my sister (the mother) was like, "Oh they stink!" LoL! Bubby has done so well though as she is already back at her birth weight. I am just so proud of my sister!!

Is it just me or is it UTTERLY CRAZY that as of this coming Sunday, it will only be 2 WEEKS until DD#2 turns TWO?!?!?! I can't believe that it's been two years already since this whale sat tip typing away wondering, pondering, feeling as heavy as an elephant! And now, i sit, tip typing away and that little bundle that was once curled up so snug inside of me is trying to lift my top to see my back and laughs her head off at her own burps?!

ah too funny!!

Yes, Charly, utterly crazy. Where does the time go?

Diana is turning into a real little lady. When she sees me using moisturiser, she insists on putting some on her face too. She wants to wear my make-up and demands that I left her drink coffee! I gave her some instant decaf in a cup with milk and no sugar hoping that she would taste it and decide that she dind't like coffee. It sort of wokred, but she is still very interested in my coffee cup in the mornings. I have to be careful to keep it away from her.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast