Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #5

oh and just one more quick thing.....
    sarah: Hope you can make it to the sa xmas meet up, would love to catch up with you again and meet your cheeky little man!!

oh and i just realised too, that Charlyfrog you live in Adelaide to, you should come along to the SA xmas meet up, it'll be lovely to meet you and the girls.

Hi ladies.

Sarah & Naomi - thanks for the kind words xx

DH apparently has a bad chest infection around the heart. His heart scans came up normal which is great but he has been given strong antibiotics and was told to go straight to the hospital if the pain gets any worse. No doubt I'll have a sleepless night worrying about him tonight but hopefully he will start to feel better soon.

Thanks again girls
    Last edited by teepee2; November 22nd, 2007 at 06:07 PM.

Hi Tina, hope he gets better soon, that's all a bit worrying isn't it? Thinking of you all.

Hi,

Tina - Hope DH gets well soon. At least they have caught it quickly so hopefully he will recover soon enough.

Princess Mya - Great to hear from you again!

This is a question for bottle feeders, has anyone had trouble changing teat sizes? Lewis has only been drinking half of his bottles for the last week or so and I thought maybe he needs the next size up as he is still on Avent size 2. But when I put him on size 3 he throws up his whole feed, even though they are recommended for 3 months and above. But if I keep him on size 2 he drinks alot slower and doesn't want to finish a bottle. Does anyone have any ideas??

I saw santa at Westfield today. I might take Lewis tomorrow for his photo.

BTW he has also found his feet and his ears!! Very cute!

Naomi54 - ooh! might pop into the SA thread then to get details coz that would be fun! I have snuck a peak every now and then at the thread and I did see some girls talking about Snakes and Ladders and I take my girls there too - I'm just a little nervous and shy I think........hehehe

Feathertop - was only thinking of you last night How are you going? Are you all healthy now? Oh and how is your friend going with her feeding coz she was struggling with bf wasn't she? Did it resolve itself in the end?

Teepee2 - oh thinking of you lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was only a few months back that I had to rush DH to hospital with a horrid bout of flu and my gut and heart hurt from worry! He was all fine in the end after a brief hospital stay but it does nothing for the nerves!!! Sending you a million !!!!! xx

MumofLewis - too cute finding his feet and ears!! I would love to take my girls to see Santa but not sure how DD#1 will handle it so we'll see

PrincessMya - So good to hear from you again! Your little one sounds like she is going so well! Are you all settled now?

Hi everyone

Tina - hope your DH gets better soon. And Mikayla could be teething. I think Diana is only a few days older and she is already getting her second tooth!

Naomi - thanks for your comments re mine and Diana's photos.

Celsie - yay for the nappy free training. We have been doing it with Diana since she was about 4 weeks old and she now wees in the potty regularly and sometimes we even catch a poo. A couple of times we even took her nappy off, found that it was clean, put her on the potty, she did a wee and/or poo and then we could put the same nappy back on her (twice in four months, but an impressive effort still, I think). Hope it goes well for you too.

Hi to everyone else.

Well, I was back at work today after a few days off for pnd. Had a cruisy day, so so far, so good. Diana has decided that sleep is for losers. The past few days she hasn't slept much during the day at all and tonight I put her to bed at around her usual bedtime, only to have her eyes open as soon as I put her in the cot and the sooking to start soon after I left the room. After a few minutes I took her out and sat her on the couch in front of the TV. She lasted about 10 minutes, then tipped over and fell asleep all scrunched up. So cute. Luckily I was able to put her in the cot without waking her up.

Just a quickie - Tina - i hope your DH gets better soon..

BBL to post more!

Thanks Debbie. Happy Birthday for yesterday

Hey Tina, hope DH gets rid of the nasty infection soon, so you rest at ease a bit more.

mumoflewis: Lachlan still on size 2 teats, sometimes he'll take his time drinking but thats just the way he is. Ive only recently changed him to size 2 teats, but one bottle still has a size 1 teat, and he still drinks that fine. Prehaps just give him the larger teats on a feed where you know he is hungry, or sit him up a bit more so its not coming out as fast iykwim?

Zofia: Lachlan is the same.....sleep?? what for, i need no sleep im a grown up now !! LMAO He'll only have a max of an hour sleep at 1 sleep time during the day most of the time its either no sleep or 1/2hr sleep, and he will have maybe 3 sleeps a day.

My little man is sick, got a sniffly/ runny nose, and half clingy, his sleeping and feeding all over the place, although he still sleeping most of the night, even if it ends up being in our bed lol. He currently in is Jolly Jumper whinging calling num num.....mum mum and then one loud mum til i look at him and he is happy lol

BBL

Hi,

Starfish - Lewis isn't going to sleep at bedtime anymore either! He just lies there for up to half an hour playing with his feet and taking his dummy out and then putting it back in...his eye! I don't mind though because it means I can start story time now because he would just be asleep before when i tried to read to him!

Naomi - Oh that's good to know about the teat sizes. I don't think I'll bother with the size 3 then. It's obviously only a guideline.

I actually took Lewis to the GP this morning because he only drank 60mls when he woke up which is usually his biggest feed so I was getting worried as he just isn't drinking enough. Anyway he says there is no ear or throat infection and is probably just a bit under the weather due to having a cold. He also said not to give him Demazin even though the pharmacist recommended it to me. Silly man

Anyway, off to find Santa this arvo!

Hi,

Lewis saw Santa! It brought tears to my eyes!

The photo is in the photo gallery if anyone wants to see:

password: password
    email: [email protected]

Sarah that photo is so gorgeous - which Westfields was it taken at???
    That man looks just like the real Santa - you can even see the twinkle in his eye :P

I know, I secretly think it was the real Santa,his beard was real and everything!

It was taken at Eastgardens. I'm so glad I didn't go to Bondi Junction now, thier Santa looked about 16!

Oh Sarah - that photo is just the best!!! So so cute!!!

I hadn't even thought about taking Caeleb to go see Santa, but I will now! HOW GORGEOUS!!!

He DOES look real you know. I wish we had him in Adelaide. Caeleb would grab hold on that beard with two hands and pull! LOL

Tina - how's DH doing now? Feeling any better?

Celsie. xoxox

Well its off to Eastgardens we go then - we have to have a photo with that Santa!!!

Celsie DH is feeling a bit better but still in a lot of pain. If he isnt ok by Monday then he has to go in for more tests - hopefully that wont be necessary though.

We put up our Christmas tree today. A little early I know but if I dont get these things done when I think of them time will just slip away from me.

Take care xx

Hi guys, sorry haven't posted much recently, still haven't quite shaken this bug. My temp is normal and throat and chest fine, but still have infected sinuses. Haven't taken any more antibiotics as I figure the worst is over, this bit is just hanging on longer. Thanks for thinking of me Charly!

Oh yes, my friend and her bf worries. Well, she's been feeding her solids for some time now, rice cereal and veges, and she has also put on onto some formula, one bottle a day I think. It's a bit of a shame for her as I think she really wanted to continue exclusive bf but at least she's feeling more relaxed now which is good.

Well, Angus is going well, rolling like crazy and even trying to crawl. He puts his head down, bum up and pushes himself forward with his feet. He manages to turn himself around easily on the spot, and has moved off the play rug a couple of times. He's even looking at the furniture like he wants to pull up on it!!! Scary, now I'll have to baby proof the house already! He doesn't have any teeth, and isn't interested in anything other than boobies, which is fine by me. He has been feeding more and for longer the last week, one extra feed a day, and two feeds of up to an hour going between both sides and back to the first. Man, that's hard work! Still sleeping very well which is excellent. We went out to a Christmas party and left him at a friends house with a babysitter, of course he fed and went straight to sleep and they didn't have to do anything at all! Perfection! Angus enjoys sitting up on my lap and playing with the tv remote now too, such a boy.

I've been slack about exercise recently, it's been so hot that I really can't face going out. When it wasn't hot, it was raining! But at least I still do the belly dance classes which is excellent exercise. How's everyone else going with this?

Oh yeah, and daytime sleep - what's that? If I'm lucky he'll have one sleep for maybe 1.5 hrs, some days almost no day sleep at all. Ah well, never mind. He's obviously growing his brain nicely with all the stimulation!

Oh - and we think he has (kinda) said his first words - Ummy, Addy, and Geggie (my husbands name is Greg and I always call him Greggie)!!!!! YAY!!!!

Hi everyone

This weekend was Diana's first holiday away. My sister, Diana and I went down to Kiama for a girls' weekend. We walked around the town, did some shopping and saw the blowhole yesterday. Was kind of disappointed with the blowhole - it wasn't blowing much, but we saw the "little blowhole", which was a lot more impressive. I don't think Diana cared much either way. We stayed the night with some of my sister's friends, which was lovely. Diana decided that not only did she not need sleep during the day, she also didn't need to sleep at night. I swear, she was up until almost midnight! I think she missed her daddy, as she would keep looking at the doorway as if waiting for someone to come in.

This morning we went to the beach, and Diana hated it.The sound of the surf scared her and the water was too cold for her to even dip her feet in. I tried to get her into a little lagoon thing, but even that was too cold. I decided that I might try taking her to the beach again next year. Before then, it probably wouldn't be much fun for either of us.

Woo hoo for me - I am no longer working, but will be paid until the end of the year! I am taking the time until then as sick/stress leave. I am glad that it worked out this way, although wish that I had gone to the doctor to get the pnd diagnosed sooner, before I had started acting completely insane at work.

Feathertop - Wow about the talking! That is so awesome! Diana has been making sounds too. When we put her on the potty, she seems to say "ghee" a lot, and I sometimes wonder if she is trying to say "wee" (or if its just a coincidence...).

Mum of Lewis - Great photo. So cute.

Tina - hope your DH gets better.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you've all had a great weekend.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast