Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #7

Peach Guest

Hi Everyone!!

I have been busy sorting all of my family photos out and scrapbooking them into ablums ,I am also discovering the art of digital scrapbooking.. and playing around with photos in photoshop!

Mackenzie is now weaning onto formula to give my breasts a chance to fully heal after my surgery in hopes that when we concieve our next baby .. I will be able to breastfeed without the drama's I has post surgery with Kenzie. I will only give it to her for 12 weeks .. then she'll be having meals and cows milk. I hope I have made the right decision!

Af is still no where to be seen! its almost 8 weeks since I have my Last AF .. and still nothing .. I even 'feel like I am preganat' and went out and got 4 preg tests and they all came up negative ..So it's most likely my body just trying to sort its self out I think. We are going to active TTC from about June, I hopefully will have lost about 20 kilos by then and AF will be back to normal! we will be pregnant by the end of the year!

I am also extremely paranoid about DD choking ... Mackenzie still gags on thick food (mashed banana) and its a really struggle to her her to eat anything.. she just hates solids! ..But loves milk so i'm not worried yet.

Teepee2 :: Happy 8TH Month B'Day to Mikayla!! She is very active for her age .. I think you have a little pocket rocket on your hands!! I am thinking of taking Mackenzie to playgroup .. I just am waiting on defence to send me some information. Are you still BFing at all Tina?? I think any breastfeeding at all can muck around with your AF .. it is with mine. Good luck with your appointment.

Mum of Lewis :: Your brave with the blueberries .. were they really soft ?? I am extremely cautious of berries .. what ever you do don't give grapes .. My friends baby choked and died from a grape and old than our bubbies. I give Kenzie carrot sticks .. she just loves pikcing them all up and throwing them on the floor!

Starfish :: Diana sounds like she is happy and healthy! I know how you feel about the no money and shopping .. but I think its worth it to be a SAHM I love it aswell.

Debbie :: Wouldn't it be great of all of the June Mummies ended up in the Belly Buddies group together as well!! I am buying size 0 for now and size 1 for winter.I am looking for a beautiful thick winter Jacket with a hood with fluffy bits around the hood in pink .. if you see one let me know where!! Target has some gorgous things at the moment .. Gosh I love kids clothes!! I have no clothes for me.. but my DD has loads!

MacKusz :: Your DD's behaviour of follwing around and wanting 1 on 1 all the time ..is just like my Kenzie .. and I am just trying to think that in a few months time she wiill be walking and playing and thisspecial time will be a distant memory .. so I just enjoy it!! Housework schmousework!

Charleyfrog :: How are you going ?? Hope DD1 and DD2 are being the perfect princesses they always are!

Jen

Helooooooooooo!! Sorry loves for my MIA status of late.....it became a case of having 1 hour to myself and having to choose whether to get back into my scrapbooking or jumping on here...........and seeing as the last page I had done was when DD#1 was 10 weeks old and she is now 3yrs & 3months, I have quite a bit of catch up to do So thank goodness it was relatively quiet in here which meant I was able to catch up on the reading!

Both my girls in successive days smashed their mouths into solid objects DD#2 was on the tiles and decided to kiss them! So that gave her a lovely blood blister type thing under her gum over the second top tooth that hasn't yet broken through. She only cried for a couple of minutes and the blood look had disappeared completely by the next day thank goodness. I was so worried she might've damaged or pushed her tooth before it had a chance to come through but it looks like its just about to cut properly no worries.

DD#1 decided that bouncing like a nugget and climbing all over the end of her iron framed bed was more favourable than actually going to sleep like she was supposed to DH & I were plonked on the couch and I was half asleep when suddenly DD#1 started to cry and it was the most horrible cry I had heard! We both jumped and I ran, almost falling flat on my face as my feet slipped on the tiles (derr) and she was sitting up with a bit of blood in her mouth. She had slipped and her tooth had hit her lip so hard that she now has this massive black circle on the top and inside of her bottom lip. A fraction harder and she would've put her tooth through and there are teeth mark bruises under her lip outside her mouth if that makes sense. So we sat there having a chat about how when you go to bed you lie down.....still!!!! And then told the story of the time that daddy didn't listen to his mummy and, "see that scar on daddy's head...." lol!!! Well she has recovered from that with a beautiful war wound to show off. But I ended up sleeping in her bed with her last night as she now has a cold and constantly woke up crying at the top of her lungs because of the drainage...................so tad tired today.

So Jen, yes they are still my perfect princesses just keeping my life interesting, that's for sure!!!

I am going to start buying winter clothes too but am going to get size 1's as DD#2 is already in 0 & 1's now. She is 8.4kg & 71cm as of Thursday just gone. The poor little love has the most horrid eczema all over her little arms and a bit on her legs. I think her pulling herself across the floor doesn't really help! She is a super fast commando crawler but has started to rock back and forth on her hands and knees. She got me all excited yesterday as I watched her bring a leg forward, but she changed her mind instead, still got me all excited as she pushed herself back up into a sitting position which she had never done before!

But OMG!!! Separation anxiety!! Went through it with DD#1 but not to this magnitude! It really is exhausting so am with you lovelies who are going through this right now , which apparently is the perfect time frame for it to happen as the CYH worker actually asked me if DD#2 was going through it. We are yet to get a play pen but soooo need it!! If I leave the room she comes and finds me, crying the whole time!! I will sit with my legs around her on the rug and she will complain and move herself so she is on me!

DD#1 has picked up on all this so finds things that need my attention i.e. suddenly she's on the loo calling out for me to clean her up......every time, without fail when I am in the middle of dealing with DD#2. Impeccable timing that one

I am starting to sleep DD#2 in her porta cot to train her to sleep in other 'beds'. Not sure who mentioned it in their post but thanks for the idea of moving the cot around to different rooms.....we went out last night and DD would just not sleep. Cried the whole time until I let her comfort feed, which I never normally do! But had run out of options......so with an almost 2wk holiday coming up might be a good idea to get her sleeping many locations.

Well, that's my run coming to an end as can hear the cheeky bubba waking up, precious munchkin! DH has taught her to fake laugh, lol!

Will hopefully be back sooner rather than later (think that's abbreviated to bbsrtl - lol!) To all those on the TTC path.........MWA!!!! Thinking of you and sending you container loads of baby dust and shooting those sticky vibes at you all!

Take care lovelies!
    Mwa!!

hi everyone
    sorry for being MIA again but I'm back at work 4 days a week and I feel like I barely have a chance to catch my breath before the cycle of ironing, washing and expressing my breast milk starts again

I am enjoying being back at work but I feel so guilty some days for enjoying it and like I should be at home with my boy - its such a vicious circle really

Jackson is now approximately 9kg - need to go and get him weighed again with the ECHN

he eats pretty much everything I put in front of him and is now having 1 bottle of formula a day and 3 breast feeds, he's still a massive fan of avocado

we took Jackson to gymbaroo when he was 4 months old - we loved it - they have classes suited to every age -but its only drawback is the cost and having to pay upfront for the term - if you're going to go Sarah they usually let you do one or two classes to see if you like it before you have to pay - we can't go anymore because I'm at work

not much time for personals - hope everyone is well and happy
    luv Mel

Hi Girls,

Glad to see everyone back!

Jen - I chop the blueberries in half, but yes they are very soft and small, he seems to like them. I've started giving him peas and corn which aren't fully purreed, just mashed. He handles them okay but coughs sometimes. it's hard isn't it getting onto the next stage.

Tina - I was looking at the Marrickville Gymbaroo as the times fitted in but I don't like the thought of paying up front, it's $185 for a term. You should check out their website, it does look good. I'm going to try and get to a music and movement class in Coggee and then when Lewis drops a sleep and just sleeps once a day I will go to Gymbaroo.

Mel - yes it is a vicious cycle working and being a Mum isn't it. but I feel I have a good balance now and feel less guilty. I don't know if when they are older and realise we are going it will get worse.

Well Lewis started properly crawling today! He has been doing a few crawls for the last few weeks but now will crawl to wherever I am. Luckily my playpen/room divider arrived from ebay yesterday. Although he started crying when I put it up to keep him out of the kitchen. He has a fascination with my toes, wherever they are, he wants to follow!

He weighs 9.3kg now and is 8 months old on Monday. Did I ever mention he cries everytime he sees his Grandad? I find it quite amusing but obviously his Grandad gets upset!! Wonder how long that will last?

Anyway am off to enjoy a glass of wine and Thai takeaway, YUM!

Hi everyone

Well, someone has taken my beautiful baby and replaced her with a sooky, whingey bub! Today Diana has cried and sooked more than any other day in her life ever. I checked her gums but no teeth seem to be coming through (she just as the two bottom ones, which she's had since she was 4 months old). I checked her temperature, but it was normal. She had food, she had bf, so I don't know what the problem was. Maybe it's the separation anxiety?? (She was usually ok when either DH or I picked her up...)

Our playpen finally arrived on Thursday. Diana was okay in it the first two days, but today she didn't like it much (then again, she didn't like anything much today...)

Anyway, she's awake now. Hope you all have a gppd night. BBL for personals.

Hi everyone

Well, I have found the reason for Diana's current unhappiness - she's cutting a tooth! (Top front, can't remember which side.) Hope it comes through soon, as its not making anyone happy at the moment... I got her weighed an measured today. She is still 7.7.kg (so hasn't gained any weight in two weeks - by the CHN told me not to worry, that their growth and weight gain slows down at this stage). She has grown 2 centimetres though and is now 72cm long.

Sarah - oh no at Lewis crying when he sees Grandad. Diana is the same with one of the old men that lives in our building - as soon as he starts talking to her, she starts bawling. She's not like that with anybody else.

Mel - hope the work/baby balance is working out for you. Are you working full time or part time?

Charly - oh no at your girls hurting themselves. Must have been awful for all of you. Hope they're feeling better. Oh, and Diana seems to have the separation anxiety thing too. She hates it when she can't see me (and even when she can, sometimes that's not enough and she actually wants to be held). Its very sweet really, but so exhausting.

Jen - how's it going with weaning Kenzie on to formula? Does she like it? Are you going to breastfeed her again at a later stage or are you finishing b/f for now? Good luck with TTC.

Tina - good luck with your TTC journey too. LOL at Mikayla climbing over the other babies at playgroup. She's a very active bub, isn't she? She'll probably be walking soon... (as will all our bubs - eeek!)

Hi to everyone else. Hope things are going well for you all. Good night.

Hi ladies.

Jen thanks for the happy 8 month wishes - I cant believe she's going to be 1 in only 4 months time!! I think playgroup is a great idea - not only for the kiddies but for your own sanity too In relation to AF - no I'm no longer BF'ing. I stopped when Mikayla was only 3 weeks old because she has a lactose intolerance. I knew my cycles would probably go back to the way they were and the PCOS (polycystic ovaries) would cause probs again. Thanks for the babydust too - hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Charly its great to hear from you. Hope your beautiful little girls are behaving. I think your doing the right thing training DD#2 to sleep in her porta cot. Mikayla has always slept in hers at mums so we know that no matter where we go she will be right - we went away a few months ago and she was more than comfortable sleeping in it. In fact she is a little too comfy in it as she now refuses to sleep in her cot and we've had to being her portable cot into her bedroom for her!!!

Hey Mel glad to hear your doing well. The boys in here sure are getting big!! I know how you feel about work. I too enjoy being at the office and sometimes I can go an hour without thinking about what Mikayla's doing which really makes me feel guilty too. I'm sure with time it will get easier for you xx

Wow Sarah that gymbaroo is expensive isnt it. I will have a look at their website though - thanks! One of the ladies in our playgroup has a 16 month old who goes to music & movement classes and she says they are brilliant - let us know how you get on.

Congrats to Diana on her new tooth!!! I think Mikayla is getting her second one Zofia because she has been really unsettled in the last week.

Has anyone found that the little tantrums have already started??? Mikayla is being horrid the last couple of days - her face goes bright red and she tenses up when things dont go her way!!!

Take a look at this video if you get a chance. Mikayla devoured this nectarine in no time - my sister started it off but lost it once little miss set her eyes on it

Video of yummy nectarine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Celsie havent heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

Debbie hope the time away is doing you wonders :hugs:

To everyone else - take care and catch up soon xx

Tina - That video is too cute! She loved it didn't she? I might try Lewis with one.

I'm glad Lewis isn't the only one who goes red in the face sometimes! And when he does it he is so loud!

I'm here!!! I've been lurking, but not posting.

Caeleb is full on! He's here, he's there, he's everywhere! Getting plastic shapes and smashing them on glass cabinet doors are fun... apparently. Running as fast as you can in your walker and hitting people in the back of the legs with the base so they jump and say "ouch" is HILARIOUS... apparently.

He's gorgeous though. Even though he's such a boy... slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails and all that... when he's doing all these "boy" things, he's got the most mischevious little giggle.

He's also very sweet and loving. I cried the other day. He batted at my tears and when that didn't work, he tried to put his dummy in my mouth. Kinda like... "Here Mummy, this always makes me feel better". Made my heart melt!!!

I'm back at work two days a week and I'm wishing I wasn't. I much prefer being home with my boy. Will give it another couple months and see how we go.

He's gone from a little bubba to a long and lean boy. He's almost out of size 0 clothes. I've put a layby of size 1 winter clothes on for him. Geez babies cost a lot. LOL

I have a possibility of a new business venture coming up, which I'm *hoping* you'll all be excited about! But it's still early stages, so I'll let you know more about it later on.

Okay, Caeleb's tired and needs to sleep.

I hope you're all happy and your little ones are bringing you much joy!

Celsie. xoxox

Default SAHD and son

hello all,
    SAHD here just getting into this site, its fantastic, heaps of stuff to learn and i can see theres plenty of advice out there(something about women in a group LOL).
    i have an eight month old boy NATE 22/7/07 who weighs about 10kgs(off to CHN next week), 76cms and wearing out holes in his knees from crawling around and putting anything in his mouth(see my intro in forum(havent worked out how to link yet)). every thing is scary and exciting at the same time.
    out to buy clothes next week which is anoying because he gets more than i do and i dont think he even appreiates it LOL. size varies between 0 and 2 depending on what it is. frustrating trying to size stuff as he just wants to put it in his mouth. has 4 teeth on bottom and cutting 5th and 6th on top. loves mango and nectarines and sweet potato. has been on formula since birth due to him teaing DW nipples to shreds and the asscoiated pain for her was too much for me to handle. she went through a bit of depression after that because she felt she wasnt capable and it upset me to see her that way. but we got through that and now we are all happy and settling in well together.
    NATE has a cold at the moment which is making nappy time fun and i was wondering if its okay to use duct tape to hold him still while i change him?LOLOL
    hope to be an active male voice in the world of babies...

Hey Dragonstorm, Great to have a man in here! Welcome. I"m sure you may get your ears bashed form time to time when we want to have a moan about our DH's!! Nate sounds very active too, I think he wins the most teeth competition for sure

Celsie - Looking forward to hearing of your business venture. How long have you been back at work? I found it gets easier as time goes by and your time with bub is more quality time too.

Anyway have to dash I hear a hungry boy dadada ing in his cot.

Ohhh Celsie you have me intrigued with your business venture!! Please do tell Glad to hear Caeleb is doing well and keeping you on your toes. As hard as going back to work is, I'm sure you'll find it easier as time goes on. It just makes you appreciate every moment you have with them all the more doesnt it?? Thanks for checking in - just dont stay away so long next time!! LOL

Hi dragonstorm and welcome to our group! I'm sure we'd all agree that it would be great to have some male perspective in here, especially fom a SAHD - as long as you dont mind the occasional girly talk! :P I know exactly what you mean about using the duct tape LOL My little one now stands up on the change table so she can bang on the wall. It makes changing nappies or clothes almost impossible. And then when I raise my voice at her for moving around so much she throws a little tantrum - I'd hate to think what the "terrible twos" will be like!!

Sarah you should give a piece of fruit a go with Lewis. I couldnt believe how quickly Mikayla ate that nectarine. All my sister needed to do was take a couple of bites towards the middle to get her started and M had the rest!

Does anyone know if strawberries are ok to give them??? My mum gave Mikayla one the other day while I was out but I though you had to wait till they were over 12 months for strawberries.

Anyways better get little miss into bed for a nap - she hasnt had a sleep all day and is getting VERRRY naughty!!

Take care xx

Hi all! Sorry haven't been around much I have been hugely busy here, what with my husband having a broken foot and all, and having to do all the stuff to look after him and Angus (and me and the house, and 2 cats.....)

Anyway, I went to a 4 day course last week, was a bit nervous how Angus would go with the BF being scheduled for the first time (he'd come in with me for a feed at 9, then one at lunchtime, then at 5 when I was picked up plus the other usual 3). All went really well, my FIL drove Angus and Greg in as needed, Angus didn't cry for boobies at all, and he slept perfectly too. What a great boy! Greg did really well with him too, putting him down to sleep at the usual times, and trying some solids with him. Phew!!!!!

Greg still has a broken foot but can come off the crutches now, and take off his cast brace when he wants to - this means he can now take Angus for a walk, he can now drive (it's been 6 weeks......) and he can do lots of other stuff too! Yay!!!

Angus weighs about 8.5 kg, no idea how long he is, he's in size 0 sleepsuits generally (not the Bonds ones they are small). he's been more interested in eating recently, and tried his first meat this week (a piece of rissole) and actually ate something from a spoon properly for the first time this week!!! Finally! Got an Ikea high chair, wondeful thing, so easy to clean etc.

Angus has been pulling himself up into standing for 4 weeks now (my how time flies) and furniture cruises around the coffee table, couch, and other things. He loves to stand at the drop of a hat, and also like to walk a few steps holding onto your hands. He's so fast I can't step out of the room for more than 10 sec as he's off after me. No teeth, but hard little gums. He says Daddy a lot, and a lot of other things, but nothing like Mummy or Mama yet (sad........) His latest trick is standing up in the cot when he wakes from a nap, and giving the biggest smiles when we go in!

We are still bfing 6-7 times per day as Angus doesn't really eat much in the way of solids. I don't mind, I know it's the good stuff, and if I didn't we'd have to buy formula and I can't afford that anyway. No AF here which isn't a problem, I'm just concerned that when it does arrive it will be in a rush when I'm out shopping or something!

Sorry haven't posted personals, have enjoyed reading what you all have been up to, sounds like things are changing for lots of us.

Oh and Dragonstorm - welcome to you and Nate, lovely to have a bloke around here!

Welcome DragonStorm! Nice to have a male around the place!

Tina - all will be revealed really soon. Promise.

Celsie. xoxox

thanks for the welcome ladies, cant beleive how much this site has on it.
    i have a question for you all. when is a babies eye colour set or does it change, the reason i ask is my DW has blue and i have Hazel eyes. Nate has hazel with a ring of blue around the outside. theyve been like this since about the 3mth mark. they look cool in freaky kind of way.

Fi great to hear from you. Sounds like Angus is growing up - sad isnt it!! Poor Greg! It must have been so hard not being able to walk around for 6 weeks - especially when you have a little baby to look after and play with. Glad to hear its all getting better though.

Oh Celsie how can you do this???? The suspense is killing me!!!! Whatever it is I hope its all going well xx

Dragon I've heard that it can take up to 2 years for a baby's eyes to change colour. I was thinking the same thing because my DH has sky blue eyes and I have hazel green. Mikayla has had blue eyes until recently when they started to get a slight hazel tinge right in the middle (mostly still blue). I too hope hers stay the same - I think they look awesome with 2 different colours in them!!

Hope everyone else is well xx

Celsie not sure if you've noticed but your babiesonline site has expired - it says it will be permanently deleted on 16th March if you dont update it!!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention the other day that Caeleb looks sooooo much older than he is in your ticker photo. He's gorgeous!!
    Last edited by teepee2; March 7th, 2008 at 04:19 PM.

Oh thank you, very kind of you to say, and thanks for telling me about the site.

He does look old for his age. I guess he's never really looked like a baby, just a very little man. Someone said the other day, they thought he was one!!!

Celsie. xoxox
    Last edited by Celsie; March 7th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast