Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #7

Okay, Tina, I've updated the site.

Celsie. xoxox

Welcome Dragonstorm. Cool screen name BTW.

I too heard that it can take up to about two years for a baby's eye colour to settle. Diana's eyes are dark blue and have been that way since birth. Mine are gray and DH's are blue, so hopefully Diana's eye colour will stay the way it is as I think her eyes are beautiful. (Okay, I'm biased, but other people have commented on her eye colour too!)

Celsie - I too want to hear about your business venture. Please tell.

Tina - I love the video of Mikayla. So cute. Diana loves nectarines too. And I have heard that strawberries can cause allergies, which is why you're not supposed to give them to bubs before 12 months. I gave Diana some strawberry yoghurt once and she got a bit of a rash afterwards. It went away within a day though, so it might have been due to something else (it was at a kids party with animals and stuff around...).

Feathertop - glad that your course went well. I'm starting part-time uni next week, so am hoping that Diana will handle it okay. Last term I had a 2 hour lecture once a week and apparently she would cry for the entire time that I was away . Hope she's better this term.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you have a good weekend.

Patience girls!!! All will be revealed soon. But, I promise, you'll LOVE it!

Celsie. xoxox

Celsie just checked out the site - OMG what a gorgeous little man you have - I absolutely LOOOOVEEE the new photos!!

And you know we're just going to hound you until you tell us everything!!!!! You're probably going to regret ever mentioning it

Thanks Zofia for the heads up on the strawberries - I thought I'd heard that somewhere. I guess I better not give her the banana & strawberry custard I bought the other day - I dont know why they make these for 6 months & up if its not recommended for under 1's!!!

Hi Girls,

Lewis got his 5th tooth. Not sure when because I didn't notice I just felt it today at the top and it feels like it's been there a few days. It obviously didn't give him too much trouble!

He's crawling alot now, and he loves wires. Isn't it funny how they always love what they can't have. I was wondering if now that they use more energy by crawling, do they start sleeping longer?

Tina - I heard strawberries was at least 12 months too. Fancy making a custard for babies with strawberries in it, how silly.

Anyway I'm off to a freinds and she is havng another friend round who has a boy 2 days older than Lewis so hopefully they may play a bit. He just seems to want to pull other baby's hair up to now!

Hope everyone is well.

OMG!!! Five teeth!!! GO LEWIS!!! Caeleb is still doesn't have ANY!!! LOL - They're there, they just won't come through. I can feel them when I run my finger over his gums; so sharp! They've really been bothering him too. He's choming on his poor little fingers like there's no tomorrow.

Celsie. xoxox

5 teeth?? Wow - Lewis is catching up to little Nate quick smart!

Sarah - Mikayla is the same - she goes straight for the hair. At one of our playgroup meets about a month ago she pulled out a chunk of one of the other girls hair. I couldnt believe it when the other baby started crying I looked at Mikayla and saw a whole lot of hair in her little hand!! I have found that she plays a lot better with older kids. Maybe because she likes to stand up all the time and move around - all the kids her age in playgroup just lie there. She's actually realised that she can stand on her own too, so she's forever trying to balance - and clap at the same time - very cute!!

So far Mikayla only has 2 teeth. I weighed her yesterday and she was 8.54kg - no-where near as heavy as the big boys in here but getting bigger none the less I havent measured her in a while so no idea how long she is. I might try and do that myself today - its so hard to get an appointment with our clinic and they dont have a drop-in service.

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

hello ladies
    long story if you want to know
    well the time has come for me to return to the workforce. i am currently SAHD because i was robbed at work when NATE was 1 mth. as a result i got to stay at home and look after him. i took the positive out the situation which was time with my son. i was on workcover but as their payments reduce over time i have to go back and start work. since my previous employer had no contact with me at all( aholes)and they havent installed any further extra security devices, i decided not to go back. after all if i dont feel safe at work why should i have to put up with it.... any way i am lucky enough to be starting workforce placement with a PCYC. three days a week three hour shifts initialy. suits me fine because NATE goes to DCare on those days. it statrs today at three and i am feeling quite nervous about the whole thing, but still excited. it seems like a great place and i look forward to working with the kids in the area.

as for NATE hes at DC now and the house is quiet except for the birds in the yard. hes pulling himself up on everything and i spent yesterday putting up more barriers and lifting stuff up. my DW says we should put a generator on him and connect him to the house so we can have cheaper electricity.lol... teeth dont seem to be bothering him that much anymore now that he has plaenty of wooden barriers to chew on, doesnt like the plastic rings. hes nearly over his cold and the poo is evidence of a system designed to do what it does best. DW says that we(me and nate) are having a smelliest in the house contest, and NATE is winning.TMI

mumoflewis- it is amazing what they find and want but cant have. crying doesnt work either but he will give it go
    celsie-your killing me!!!!!what is it ur up2

tp2-clapping was a great day i think i realised that day he was really human.

well enough for the moment. i have an important decion to make "what am i going to wear?"

ciao

Good luck at the PCYC Dragonstorm, I bet it will be a good place to work. I work for a youth organisaton, never a dull moment!

Teepee - We just go back from playing with my friends little boy, who was born the same day as Mikayla! He crawls on his hands and feet like a monkey, he doesn't use his knees at all! And he stands up too. Lewis is nowhere near standing yet, he can kneel at the moment. Fancy Mikayla standing and trying to clap She's a clever little girl.

Celsie - sounds like Caeleb is taking after you then with his teeth. Funny how they are all so different. I loved the story you told about him giving you his dummy, how lovely.

Hi girls....and guy!! Welcome Dragonstorm, cool name! Your little man sounds like a fire cracker!! lol!! Hope work was good for you too......so tell us, what did you wear???

Well DD#2 has been, well, cute and trying both teeth either side of her top ones are starting to push which is making her so so so fun right now..........if she is not in my arms its all over red rover! Although, she is currently having a huuuuuuge nap so that should make the little possum a whole lot chirpier!

DD#1 is so 3 right now!!! "Why? But why mummy" oh and it doesn't matter what I ask her to do or not do, within 5 minutes she has completely forgotten and goes and does the opposite to my request.....so 3!!!

But!! ......................

Went out for lunch for my MIL's 60th yesterday and I was looking at my girls and thought how simply gorgeous they are!! But had a pang of sadness when I looked at DD#2 in her little dress with her hair pinned back to one side and thought, "omg!! my baby is disappearing!!" I can't believe that she is officially 9 months this Friday!! Unbelievable!! My babies are growing up way way way too fast!! So when DH assists her in standing up or crawling properly I kinda tell him to not hurry her, iykwim! Hehe!

Oh sausage!! DD#2 must've heard me tapping away on the puter coz I can hear her singing.....teehee, so cute!!

Will bbl to do more personal posting so til then, take care!

Mwa!!

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

Hello everyone! wow, what progress all the bubs have been making!

HAPPY 9MTH TO ALL THE BUBS!!

Dane turned 9mths today!

We have just been back on the gold coast to visit some family and friends. It was a nice time away, busy too, trying to catch up with everyone! I think Dane met more people in the last week and half than he has in his whole little life! It is nice to be home but!

Dane now has 8 teeth, and the amber necklace I got him, i think helped. He has taken 8 steps by himself - thats the record! he tries to walk when no one is looking too, which is very cute! He giggles alot when he is standing by himself too.

oh dear, I thought I would have time to write, but the boy is up..

bbl - i had the lovely discovery of poo everywhere in the cot this morning! I will fill you in!

Wow go Dane! 8 steps already!

Missbanana - 8 steps!!! Wow!! What a clever little man you have!! So cute that he prefers walking privately, lol! He sounds like such a happy little babe! Oh poo!! That must've been such a moment for you from the sounds of it Glad you had such a great holiday

Teepee2 - oh it does sound cute your little princess standing and clapping! Its so adorable when the little ones do things and it just looks like they are so so proud of themselves!! hehe!! That's precious!

Celsie - oh I hope your little man's teeth cut soon.....for the sake of his fingers!! And yes......after going back and doing some reading over this thread, I too am intrigued at your entrepreneurial brain..........hanging out for the reveal!!!!

MumofLewis - wow that's lots of teeth! It is funny that he gravitates towards the non baby items, must be a baby thing DD#2 is more interested in Daddy's work bag, or whatever big sister has as it simply must be so much more fun than what she currently has! Lol!! Oh, or the back of the dishwasher..... (hence the playpen that arrived last week )

Starfish - thinking of you as you study love! Really hope that Diana settles for you so you can be away and be relaxed Have fun with your study love!!

Feathertop - hope your DH is recovering fast love! That's so great that Angus did so well for everyone while you were away. Wow! Pulling himself up in the cot! Man! Heaps of bubbies here are just flying!! DD has only just worked out how to sit herself up from her hands and knees and even then, she only does it here and there. Although, she will climb up me like a cat, hehe! Oh and really hope AF is courteous and 'rings ahead' before visiting

Well my girls, as much as I feel completely exhausted at the end of the day, they really do make me giggle!! The other day DH & I were preparing dinner and DD#2 starts absolutely laughing her head off!! DH & I spun around to see that big sister was putting those large plastic duplo blocks on DD#2's head and then letting them fall in her lap!! Apparently this is an absolute crack up!! So funny that if we had seen DD#1 about to do it we would've stopped her but because we didn't see her, we heard those precious giggles instead!! Hilarious!!

Oh and then this arvo, I had to dash to the loo before getting DD#2 up. I told DD#1 that I was about to get her baby sister up and I'd be right there. So there I was down one end of the house listening to my two girls cracking each other up! It is so amazingly beautiful!! I peeked around the corner and big sister had her hands through the cot bars and was tickling her baby sisters face (DD#2 was on her tummy), both giggling their precious little heads off!

The other thing that makes me laugh is that when DD#1 cries, whether she has hurt herself or been told off, DD#2 thinks its the funniest thing and will laugh loudly at her sister!! Cheeky monkey!

Oh aren't all our babies just the most wonderful miracles ever?!?! *gush gush*
    Mwa!!

Hiya all. Sorry, have been MIA as per normal.

Have just had a quickie read thru your posts, and wow, its great to see how well all the little ones are getting along.

Tina - thanks for your thoughts

Aiden is doing well. Has just started "crawling" - which is more like a push him self forwards, flop down, push him self forward, flop down. Reminds me of a seal. But, he is trying to stand, so, i dont really think crawling is going to be a big thing for him.
    Still only 2 teeth.

Someone mentioned strawberries, Aiden has had them, but, yep, your not ment to have them till 1yr old. i didnt know at the time, but, thankfully, he had no reaction to it.

I am abit of a scardycat when it comes to food with him, frightened of him shocking, but, i am getting better. He has alot more finger food now, so, we are learning together. He eats most things which is good.

We are having huge sleeping issues atm as well, which is really upsetting for me. I waiver between feeling like i know what i am doing, to feeling completly hopeless, and wishing someone would take him away. I go from never wanting more kids, to wanting to try again. I know in 5 years time, this will be all but a distant memory, but, atm, I just holding it together.

However, AF is just finishing, and i have just brought a swag of ovulation kits, i really want to get utd this month, which will sorta mean a xmas baby, but, i am thinking more of the medicare levy thing, and be better financially to have the baby all over and done with in the calender year.

Anyways, i gotta go..

BBL Hugs to you all.

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

hello everyone,

Well, as I was saying in my last post, the other morning Dane woke up about 5am and I changed his nappy and put him back to bed with a bottle. All ok, then I could here him awake but playing in his cot, so I thought I would leave him there for a bit longer while I was catching a few extra zzz's.. Then I could hear that he wanted to come out, so in i walk only to see him with a nappy half on, or off how ever you look at it, either way, not how u want to see a poopy nappy! and a whole lotta poop in the cot, on his hands, his arms, legs! Everywhere but his face, which was a good thing out of the whole situation! in the shower we promptly went and out the back to hose down the sheets! ahhh not nice!! But i do think I must not have put his nappy on quite tight enough.. lesson learnt, and taught very well!

I noticed a few of you have been talking about choking and foods etc. I used to be quite worried too, but now I am not so worried and it has just taken time. Dane eats pretty much anything now. He really likes feeding himself, he will always try to take the spoon when feeding him, so i try to give him as much food that he can feed himself. I do try to make sure that it is only softish foods, paw paw, banana, cooked carrots sticks, toast and the list is endless! he likes to chew on a stick of celery, he does eats grapes, we cut them in half and he loves them and has no trouble with them. What he does do is have both hands full, his mouth full and try to stuff in more! I am always watching him but. I noticed with toast especially he stuffs sooo much in that he kinda gags, spits it out and will eat it again, but I think they need to learn how much to put in I guess. Dane will now eat pretty much wat we are, I try to make dinners now that he can have too. He loves lamb shank casserole, spag bog, lasangne, they are great cos the meat is either mince or very tender. We had a roast the other nite at mums, and he had the same as we did, just broken up a bit and basically he fed himself.! it was great!

Dane decided nearly 2 weeks ago now just to stop bf! It was really weird, I new that he was feeding from me less and less and I was thinking that maybe it is time, but he made the choice entirely. He had one last bf the night before we went away, and that was the first one in a couple of days. He is a great eater and I guess he just new it was time. I was expecting a battle or something. I was a little bit bummed but as one of my mates said, its not like he's my last bub, so I will get that same amazing experience again.

Welcome Dragonstorm!as everyone else has said its good to have a bloke here
    I am very interested about the eye colour too, as my boy has the brightest blue eyes, when I have brown/hazel, hubby has green/hazel. But both our mums have blue eyes, so apparently we both carry the recessive blue eye gene. But, my brother had beautiful blues and lovely white curls until he was about 3, his eyes turned brown, dark brown like our dads and his hair darkened. But I have even read about cases wen the eyes have changed some 15-20years later. so its a waiting game i reckon! I understand too about wanting to duck tape them down to change, I need more than tape to stop the twisting he does!

Sarah: about lewis crying with your grandad, dane did the same thing with his grandad, but not only that, nearly every man that approached him, he freaked out at at first. I think it is possibly because Dane doesnt have many men in his life apart from his father and godfather. but I dunno but it was strange

Celsie: Caleb is sooo soo cute!

Starfish: I understand the whole SAHM & not been able to shop! I am in exactly the same boat, but I wouldnt change any of it! I am lucky to be able to be a SAHM. I think all you ladies who are back in the workforce are amazing that you can do it all! I have trouble getting everything done as it is! Good luck with the ABA, what a great thing to do, such a great cause.

Mackuzs - i hope you have sleeping under control or at least better for you all. Since I went away I have had dane sleeping the whole night through, oh so so good. I dunno what changed, he was in the same room as us in his portacot while we were away, so I am not sure if that kinda helped, but it has also seemed to coincide with him stopping to BF. He used to wake so many times a night and push his way to my boob, now he doesnt even try to get them and he is not waking up looking for a feed.

Jen: I hope it works out for you good luck ttc! :babydust:

Feathertop: YAY for having hubby back in action! It would have been like I had another baby had it have been my DH!! Isnt it just soo cute when you walk in their room, to see them standing, trying to peer over the side of the cot at you! I love it! .

Charlyfrog: I love reading your posts, your bubbly personality comes right thru every post! There are so many priceless moments with the littluns, it is a shame we dont have like a "big brother" camera setup in the house to record all the precious things they do!

gees, that was a long one!! sorry everyone!

have the bestest of days today!

Thanks Miss Banana... we think so too! - Oh and ewwwwwwwww for the poo!

Okay, for those of you who've been asking about my new little business... all will be revealed TODAY! I'm just waiting for Lucy to add me to the Market Place Member list and then I'll do a post with all the juicy details!!!

I'm so excited!!!

Celsie xoxox

Ohhhhh cant wait Celsie - the suspense is killing me!!!

Just had a peek hehe.. your not on the list yet :P

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast