Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #9

Sorry it's late!!! Didn't make it on here yesterday due to toy sales but..

Happy 1st birthday Lewis!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day little man. I'm sure Mummy and Daddy made it extra special for you! Mwah!!!

So... I have a confession to make. I'm a toy sales junkie!!!

In all seriousness, I never thought for one second that I'd be sucked into the world of toy sales... but here I am, a day after the sales with three massive lay-by dockets. How did that happen??? LOL

What did I buy for my almost 13 month old??? A swing set with a slide, a little tikes comfy coupe, plastic balls to go in a ball pit, a little fold out couch, a tonka workbench with powertools, a pop up tent, a playskool vacuum cleaner and dust buster, fisher price activety table thingy (great description huh?) LOL, a 8' round enclosed trampoline, a massive metal tonka truck with hard hat, an etcha sketch, a playskool talking BBQ, little memory farm eggs, and an elmo quilt cover set and bean bag.

I have told myself that these items are going to be divided up between Christmas and his 2nd birthday. OMG... when you write it all down, maybe DH was right? Did I really buy THAT much?!?

Well, I've taken the first step. I've admitted I have a problem.

So who else is going to confess their toy sale sins? LOL

Oh on a completely different topic. A friend of mine gave me a DVD to watch about vaccinations. DH and I have been torn as to if we're going to continue with Caeleb's vaccinations or not. After watching this DVD there is NO WAY he'll ever had another one. If I'd know this information prior to having a baby, I wouldn't have started them to begin with. It's made by VISA (Vaccine Information South Australia) and is called Investigate before you Vaccinate. Their purpose is not to railroad you into not vaccinating your child, but to supply you with information so you can make an informed decision. I'm going to try and burn a copy of this DVD before I give it back, so if I'm succesful, if anyone would like a copy of it, PM me and I'll gladly post you one for free!!!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your birthday messages! Lewis had a lovely day but his party is tonight so we are looking forward to that. He had lots of nice pressies, my favourite being his Thomas robe, Adidas tracksuit, bike, fold out couch, the list goes on....!

Celsie, OMG the Toy Sale! It sounds like you are planning on openng a daycare centre!! Maybe you should sleep on those laybys and see if you might want to return some in a few days!! BTW the Fisher Price activity table thing, if it's the same as Lewis's he seems to play with his alot less recently so maybe Caeleb will be too old for it by Christmas??

As for the vaccinations, I am intrigued by this topic because I know someone who hasn't given her child any vaccinations, but it scares the hell out of me to think what would happen if he caught one of those diseases, compared to the 'seemingly' more uncommon risks associated with the vaccinations. Is it the Autism that they talk about or other side effects? Maybe I shouldn't watch the DVD as I might get into a dilemma

Pinkpalace - How funny, I held my new nephew the other day and Lewis squealed with delight that his Mum had a new toy for him!! No jealousy whatsoever

Celsie, OMG the Toy Sale! It sounds like you are planning on openng a daycare centre!! Maybe you should sleep on those laybys and see if you might want to return some in a few days!! BTW the Fisher Price activity table thing, if it's the same as Lewis's he seems to play with his alot less recently so maybe Caeleb will be too old for it by Christmas??
    I put that one on a normal lay-by so I can pay it off in a couple weeks, same witht the vacuum, the tent and the BBQ. A friend had one at her house which he just loved. And even if he's not too keen for very long, I'm sure the next one will love it.

As for the vaccinations, I am intrigued by this topic because I know someone who hasn't given her child any vaccinations, but it scares the hell out of me to think what would happen if he caught one of those diseases, compared to the 'seemingly' more uncommon risks associated with the vaccinations. Is it the Autism that they talk about or other side effects? Maybe I shouldn't watch the DVD as I might get into a dilemma.
    At least if you watch the DVD, you have all the information you need to make an informed decision about your child and his health. They say that only 10% of adverse reactions are reported, but in reality it's more likely 2.5%. So, those side effects are far more common than we are led to believe.

The Autism thing was the thing that made me look into it further. My way of thinking was and still is, I would rather Caeleb had any one of those diseases than be autistic. It was quite interesting that in the USA, when a particular vaccine was introduced in the 90's cases of autism jumped by 4000%. They took it off the market, reformulated it and re-released it back, saying that the two were not linked. Yeah... right!!!

I guess the major point that hit home for me is that vaccines offer no long term protection. If you had you child tested for vaccine antibodies 12 months down the track, there are none, thus the reason for booster shots and each booster shot becomes less effective. And that your child can actually catch and spread the disease the vaccine is supposed to be protecting them from.

There has been no testing to see if vaccines cause cancer. There have been no studies to look into this either. There has been no testing or studies to see if vaccines damage and alter our DNA. And the companies actually write this on the disclaimer on the product, just no-one bothers to read the small print.

Also, all the additives that are in the vaccines too. Heavy metals, mercury etc. And how they make them. The other viruses that they can't screen them out or test for them when making them. In the 50's, there was an epedemic with a vaccine that was contaminated by a monkey virus (they make the vaccines by growing them in monkey kindey cells amongst others) which causes cancer in humans. 6 million people were given this vaccine.

They basically said that tv campaigns etc and doctors use scare tatics to push us to vaccinate our children. Also, doctors get paid a kickback for vaccinating their patients. They just want to give us both sides of the story, so we can make an informed decision.
    Last edited by Celsie; July 4th, 2008 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks girls for your baby #2 advice i might get dd a baby to play with

As for the immuisation debate! I completely agree with Celsie that you need to be informed about your choices and there is definately no right or wrong choice for your baby!

I am pro-vaccination only because i have seen what these diseases can do if your little one contracts them. There is never any guarantees with immunity given when you have your child vaccinated so please never think that they will never get the disease they are protected against as this is untrue. However it does reduce the chances of contraction and some of the diseases can kill in a matter of days.

BUt like i said i am not being argumentive and i support celsie all the way in helping other mums make informed choices as this is exactly the way it should be I just dont want the mums out there that choose to vaccinate feel that they are doing anything wrong either hugs

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPalace View Post
    BUt like i said i am not being argumentive and i support celsie all the way in helping other mums make informed choices as this is exactly the way it should be I just dont want the mums out there that choose to vaccinate feel that they are doing anything wrong either hugs
    I agree PP. Not being argumentative either. I'm not trying to sway people for or against vaccination. For me, it's an easy decision. I won't do it. I've weighed up both sides and made an informed choice. The thing that annoys me, is that this information wasn't offered to me by my GP or the nurse giving Caeleb the vaccinations. How can anyone be expected to make an informed decision if they don't have all the facts?

I was given a sheet, listing a few possible and common mild side effects that we could expect and told to sign. Signing away any responsibility he doctor or the surgery has. Now, if death, autism, MS, blindness, swelling of the brain etc had been listed as one of those possible side effects, do you think I would have signed?

i agree with you celsie- the gp's dont tell you everything you should know - and they (in my experience) never discuss natural therapies for immunity either!, Kinda sucks that you have to know to ask to find out more.

A lot of responsibility is placed on parents to find out their own information. I think there is actualy a few websites and groups designed for informed immunisation awareness... i have seen them ,,., will have to check to see if i can find details (they have done all the research for you lol)

I've successfully copied that DVD for those of you who'd like a copy.

Also... have a read of this article for the main site if you get a chance. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...n-vaccinations
    Last edited by Celsie; July 4th, 2008 at 08:55 AM.

Hiya!! Sorry, did try to jump on yesterday but my posts kept being rejected......boohoo! So house quiet as it is late, again so thought I'd take my opportunity now!

But oh lol! I was jumping on to post at how great DD was with her immunisations on thursday, how surprised I was, how fantastic the nurse was who gave her the shots and how DD's moment of frustration was with not being able to get the tape off her arm that held the cotton wool there!! So put her top on and then she was sweet and dandy........................ but maybe I won't?!?! Kidding!

I am happy to get all the information that there is - to be informed as I can, yet I am completely pro-immunisations. I would be interested to know the percentage of those major side effects from having the immunisations vs the risks of not having the immunisations. I am open minded to learning new things as I, like all mummies, want the absolute best for their bubbies. If it weren't for the fact that there are some diseases that have dramatically dropped in case numbers because of children being immunised, I might've been more sceptical myself over immunising my child regularly.

So this is how I see it atm :
    Immunising:
    We've been offered protection (not complete, I understand that) for our children against horrible sickness and diseases that can have a devastating impact on the family...........
    Not Immunising:
    Now we are being offered information that can offer protection (not complete as well) for our children that can in turn, also prevent a devastating impact on the family...............

It seems like a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" ...... hmmmmmmm *insert thinking head, chin scratching icon here* hehe

But certainly a thought provoking topic that's for sure!!

Oh and Celsie!! You make me laugh girl!!!!! I went the day after the toy sale begun but wasn't as organised as you so didn't come away with much as I didn't have a list - probably a darn good thing too!!!!! However............

..........Target's toy sale starts in 18days 11hours 28mins and 45secs......44secs.....43secs.....42secs.....41sec s.....40secs......

ah, poor DH.................teehee!

Okeedokee, DH home now so going to say huloooooooo! Chat soon lovelies!!

MWA!!!

...........18days 10hours 59mins and 33 secs...................32secs...............31secs ..........30secs.............29secs.............28 secs.......

Charly - you're hilarious!!!

hi girls!

I went a little crazy at the big w sale i also got ashley a little baby doll to get her used to the new arrival... t it is very cute she gives the baby kisses!!!

cant wait for the target sale! ha!

Ashleys facial rash is still coming and going. When i got home from work yesterday she looked great! then she flared back up. the only this i can think of is the home made anzac bikky i gave her. ???
    maybe its oats or honey ? what do you think?

Hi,

PP - Maybe it's the honey? I know they don't recommend it to under 1's but I thought that was due to botulism (sp), I'm not sure if it can cause allergies? I'm not sure about oats either. I gave them to Lewis before but he wasn't that keen.
    That's a great idea to give Ashley a doll to get her used to the baby. What is your due date BTW?

Celsie - It's definetly food for thought the whole immunisation debate, like Charly said you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I went to the toy sale but I just couldn't be bothered to fight through the crowds, it was mayhem! Great bargains though. We haven't got any space for anymore toys now, I'd love to get him some outdoor toys. Just one problem, we don't have a garden!

Lewis had a great time at his party. However my SIL gave him a WHOLE piece of cake and the poor thing woke 4 times in the night with tummy ache I thought she would just give him a few mouthfuls. Mmm mind you I bet it was the best thing he'd ever eaten!

We are off to the aquarium this afternoon for his final birthday treat

Well i am thinking it is some kind of contact allergy - so i might have to start listing everything she eats and if the rash comes up or not (yay!)

I smeared some honey on her inner wrist and nothing... so thinking not honey...

PinkPalace - both my girls have had eczema, DD#1 was really bad in her first year but seems to have grown out of it. One of the many suggested remedies was giving oat baths so I thought what a great alternative to steroid cream..................turns out they were both allergic to the oats so their eczema worsened I changed to Gaia body wash and now DD#1 only gets the odd spot here and there and DD#2 only gets rashy when teething or has a cold. So oats is a real possibility.

...............17days 18hours 13mins & 25 secs.................24secs.............23secs.... ..........22secs.................21secs........... ......20secs..........

.............meh.................but who's counting?!?!?!?!?!

Mwa!!!

Has anyone read Additive Alert? A girlfriend of mine has lent it to me. Very interesting read. I can't believe what they put in our foods! I'm going to be so more careful to read the label, not only for fat, sugar and salt content, but for additives, colours and preservatives.

Sarah - sounds like Lewis had a wonderful birthday. Very jealous that you're going to the aquarium. I'd love to go there. We'd like to take Caeleb one day. Caeleb too was fed a whole piece of cake on his birthday too. He grumbled and moaned the whole night long. He must have had such a tummy ache. Will know better next time.

PP - Maybe right down everything you used on Ashely and everything she ate the 24 hours prior to the rash? Then cross out everything that's normally okay. Might give you a better idea what caused it?

Charly - I thought I "spotted" you the other day. There was this ultra cool Mum, running around the shops for a red headed little girl. And I thought... CHARLY!!! But, then a man and a little blonde boy joined them, so it musn't have been you. I was ALMOST going to say Charly, to see if I got a response. I would have looked like a goose huh?

Celsie!! Yes my DH would've been most concerned at that.............as in where did I score the blonde boy?!?!? How funny though as I've had my eyes peeled every time I step out!!! Lol! I too saw this sassy looking chick blowing bubbles to a little babe in a pram a while back.....the babe giggling their little head off and thought, "No!! Could it be??!!?!" But on closer inspection, this bubby looked too young for an almost 1yr old at the time...........not to worry, 1 down, 10,789,352 faces left to inspect........

Oh there might lie your "charly spotting" issue...............look awaaaaaaaayyeeee from the cool mums!!! LoL!!!! I usually have glazed look as in focus mode (specially when child free ) hahahahahahaha.............
    Last edited by Charlyfrog; July 6th, 2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: after thought.......

Is THAT my problem?!? Oh then I'll just look for a kindred spirit.

hello ladies,

happy birthday to all our children( bit late but im male so i can get away with it)

still cleaning up after Nates party. had a lot of family from down south and up north here for the occasion. beautiful sunny day with tables in lawn and plenty of food and drinks available. DW made a big (one metre long) number one birthday cake with blue and yellow icing. Nate loved it as we all sang to him and he was then allowed to demolish the cake from arms length. the other 5million kids around all got some cake but i made sure i got mine first.

after much drinking it started to get cool and my dad said this would be a great spot for a fire. ssooooo after much manly talking and egging on we got the chainsaw out and chopped down a dead pine tree in the back yard and started a bonfire....
    its ok the kids and girls were inside tsking us and saying we were mad...
    safety was a priority so we waited until 5.30 pm(10 minutes after dusk) and down she came. 30 metres of firewood and 10 men cheering it on.

i got in trouble when the flames reached about 12feet and was laughed at by the boys..
    such is life. by all accounts i had a great time and i know there were a few sore heads the next day.

sorry its been so long between posts but between catching Nate and working far too long hours for the moment i havent been able to get near this computer.

someone also sent Nate a package of attitude for his birthday and i have decided i dont want it....any takers its going free

so till next time
    luvs you all

dragonstorm

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast