Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in March 05 #5

Debbie Lee Guest

Ahhh teenagers eh? Something we'll all have to deal with one day. Not looking forward to it at all! LOL @ Emily waking you up. Must have been a great sight to wake up to, hehehe.
    I hear you on waking up just for dummy insertions. Gab woke up last night just as I had fallen into that really deep sleep.... I went in to find her with dummy still in mouth and going straight back to sleep!! Grrr! I'd left her for a minute or so (just to make sure she was really crying out). Luckily I managed to get straight back to sleep but geeeeeeeez!!

Hi girls,
    Just wanted to let you know that I survived Friday night...had a ball it was so nice to come home and not have a baby in the house especially after a few drinks. She was an angel for mum and dad so I can see a few more sleep overs in the future.
    Deb: Poor Miss Gab hope the vomits are not gastro, she sounds very clever in her walking shoes.
    Trish:Erghh can't trust anyone these days I remember the only thing to be scared was that someone would pinch your drink...hope you are on the mend
    Ahh better go and catch up with sleep, I have Nick home this week so whether we are married by the end of it will remain to be seen.
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo! Soooo glad Friday night went well, Bec. I was actually popping in to ask you how you fared. What a good little girl for being an angel for her grandparents! That's exactly what you need to hear so that you are able to relax a little more. I was pretty tense the first time I left Gab with Mum. Now I'm like "Here, take the little turd!!" LOL.... naah, not really. Hope you and Nick survive an entire week together!!

Neil and I had a blast last night playing with Gab. She walks up and down the hallway (we stand at each end). When she gets close to you, she "tricks" you and turns around to go the other way. Of course, it's all in slow motion but she thinks she's being sooo tricky. Neil got out a ball for her to chase and OMG.... she cacked herself laughing! Neil was getting her to kick it and throw it and she thought it was hilarious! I spent the whole time saying "Awww can she being any cuter?" or just outright ****ing myself laughing. She's such a dag!

Awww Deb! How cute! I know the slow mo. turn you are talking about too... cute! Violet full on runs now... so we do chase her, which of course she loves!

Bec, we knew you would enjoy yourself! So glad Eliza was a good girl. I hope you and Nick are ok... (I think).

EMily is so funny. She was in the loungeroom watching telly eating jatz. She came in and gave me one, saying it was broken (it wasn't). she looked at another one and her eye brows when down and said. "aww broken... who broke dis... did you brake dis?".
    LOL... I nearly peed myself!!
    Too cute!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ Emily... kids do the funniest things, don't they? Just adorable! LOL @ Violet running! That must be soooo cute to watch.

Just went on a walk.... such a nice day here. Everyone is out in their gardens, the shops are shut and it just feels so.... nice!
    Neil just did a burnout in the car port so the house smells like rubber.... ick! Gabby thought it was funny.... mini rev-head!

Hey guys,
    Just a quick post to say I'm reading about you all but no time to do a big post! Hope everything keeps going well.
    We are all OK - busy and lots of m/s, so I guess its normal
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo for the m/s, Fi! As for being busy... boo hoo! I suppose we'll have you back on board soon enough... I'll just have to be patient... *sigh* Hope Miss Jenna is going great guns!!

Gab has a back tooth coming through. Not sure if it's a molar but it's further down the back than the rest of her teeth. Her right cheek is bright red and she's been pretty sooky. Poor thing! Off her food a little too. She kind of just grazes on snacks all day. Ah well... I suppose she'll let me know when she is hungry.

Thinking about dropping a bottle soon. I might try and string her out to 14 months then drop her afternoon bottle... we'll be down to 2 then...

Great to hear all is ok there Fi. Good to hear bub is letting you know all is well

Deb... sorry to hear Gab is having a rough time teething! Violet still only has the four, but I think some are on their way down. Fingers crossed it doesn't take Gab long to get them through.

Tanya

Zander has been pretty bad with teething in the last week as well Deb, only I didn't realise it 8-[ He has another tooth out and two more that look close, bringing him to a total of 9 (+ the almost 2).

Yay for running Tanya, Zander is the same! He thinks it's hilarious when we chase him as well. Emily really sounds like a cutie pie. Dinner was nice, just that one of the 6 friends whinged the entire night, otherwise all good.

Fi, sorry to hear you have bad m/s, but it is good right

Trish - ummm-maaaah about taking a drink from a stranger... Hope you're feeling better though.

As for me, I think I have done some serious damage to my left foot/ankle. At some point on Sunday night I hurt it, not sure how, and I still can't walk & it's much worse this morning. A trip to the Drs is in order today. Worse thing is I refuse to take nurofen JIC we were successful this month.

Fi, hope that the dreaded m/s eases up for you soon. Hope that Jenna is giving you a chance to rest. Probably not likely but you can always wish.

Deb, Gab sounds so cute. I know the run you are talking about too. How funny do they look walking in their 'big girl shoes'. Tehya has a few pairs now but of course she prefers barefoot. Hope that she is feeling better soon. Those molars are a buggar, BUT wait til you get to the eye teeth and the 2 year old molars Tehya has cut 2 of her molars and I didn't even know. Poor girl had to do it drug free. LOL.

Tanya, Em sounds so cute. Isn't it funny the things they come out with. The scary thing is most of it comes from us 8-[ Hope taht Violet is doing well and your bub on the inside is growing nicely too.

Bec, glad to hear that you had a great night out. Now next time you won't be so hesitant to leave her. I am feeling alot better now although my stomach is still very sensitive. I feel quite queezy (only because I can spell nauseous) (OMG did I just do it. LOL) I think it may have been a combination of too much alcohol and a gastro bug :-k

Will someone please remind me to buy cupboard locks when I go shopping tomorrow. My daughter just will not stay out of them. AGGG. She is constantly raiding the cupboards and emptying them all over the house. Just now I found her under the kitchen sink, there is a bottle of orange spray (yes, I know bad mummy) she had that in her hand and a chux, I think she wants to do the cleaning for me. LOL.
    Hoping she feels the same in a few years.

I was giving Tehya a bath the other night and we have a cup in there for washing the little ones hair. Anyway, Tehya picked the cup up and was trying to pour it on her head, then she was giving her hair a scrub with her hands. It was soo cute. One of those, you had to be there things

Anyway better go, I have a GF that keeps msging me while I am typing and it's bugging the c##p out of me.

Take care
    Trish

OOps sorry Sarah, Hope that your foot is doing ok and you get some answers today at the Dr. Maybe you could try rubbing it with some anti inflamatory cream instead??? Just a thought.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - ouchies on your poor foot!! Hope it's nothing too serious! I don't blame you from steering clear of the nurofen either... not worth the risk, hey? And I bet panadol does bugger-all! Wow @ all of Zander's toothy-pegs! Hope they all pop through without much hassle. Gab has 8 teeth (she finally evened up from 7 to 8 only about a week ago) and, from what I can feel, one more has popped through (at the back on the right) and the same one on the left is coming.

Trish - woo hoo @ spelling nauseous!! LOL ohhh you're a dag! Sounds like Tehya is just like you. Sooooo cute trying to wash her hair... clever chicken. Ouchies @ her teething without your realising it. They do say that though, don't they. Half the time you don't know that it's teething until after the teeth have popped through.. then it's too late! Don't forget to buy cupboard locks but, more importantly, make sure you actually get around to putting them on the cupboards. I've been waiting a couple of weeks now for Neil to put the ones I bought on the cupboards and drawers. Gabby has already had a swig of dishwashing liquid. I don't think she got much but I sure kept an eye on her (and made her drink loads of water afterwards). She was fine.... BUT, it could be worse if there's a next time!

Tanya - hope that Violet doesn't get a whole bunch of teeth all at once. Ouchies!

Day care day today! Woo hoo! Have been into town and opened a bank account for Gabby (finally!). I've put her birthday $$ in there except for the 20 bucks we owe her from getting fish and chips one night... we're BAD parents, LOL. I actually put it back but then had to give Mum some petrol money so out it came again, hehehe. At least now I can just transfer the $$ straight in. I didn't end up getting her a kid's account... rather I opened one of those high-interest earning accounts. Apparently you get slugged with $2.50 every time you make a withdrawal but that's ok because we don't plan on withdrawing anything from it for at least another 17 years.

Deb, I read an article in Thats Life last week about a baby drinking dishwasher liquid. OMG at the damage it did to him. Good to hear that Gab was ok with it though. Then again there is probably different stuff in washing up detergant to the stuff that goes into the dishwasher.... Tehya has 10 teeth now and is cutting her bottom molars. Probably why she is being feral. Good on you for opening up an account for the Gabster too. I'm sure she won't mind lending you $20 before long she will be hitting you up for much more than that.

Finally Tehya is down. I fed her and she went to sleep on the BB s she usually does, so I go and put her into bed and of course she wakes immediately. Then she screams and I mean screams for the next 20 minutes. I mean it's not like she's not tired. Little cow she is. LOL. Oops better watch what I say around here or DOCs will be knocking at my door. LOL.

Finally going to get my butt into the shower.

Take care
    Trish

Just quickly, my foot's not broken but that's all I know. I went to the medical centre because my Dr doesn't bulk bill, so it would cost me $38 and then whatever for the x-ray which I thought wasn't worth it. So after 2hrs waiting the guy spent less than a minute looking at it then sent me to x-ray. I came back & he said it's not broken, here is a prescription for some pain killers. I asked if they were ok if I was pregnant & he said no, only panadol. And that was it. I asked should I bandage it or anything & he said yeah if you want So I am none the wiser. And dammit I cancelled a BB meet today because there were only 2 definites other than me, I wish I just went & didn't bother with the Dr.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow, Sarah! I can see why that Dr. spent so much time at Uni... he was rather helpful, hey? What a waste of time!! At least you know it's not broken... hope it heals up soon tho!

Trish - LOL @ being careful in case DOCS is listening. I'm sure we've all had moments where our little "treasures" have been utter cows! Hek... I remember telling Neil to get his butt inside before I threw Gabby through the window, LOL. Of course... I never would but I was... shall we say, lacking in patience on that particular day?? Hope you have an enjoyable shower!

Hmmm another nice day. I suppose that means that I should be putting washing on the line.... how excitement!!

Debbie Lee Guest

I'd hardly call you an intruder, Shannon!! You're welcome any time!

LOL... when you said Hi to everyone, I read the Hi Fi bit as in like a stereo... HiFi... LOL. I was thinking... what does Tanya HiFi mean? An in-joke or what??
    OMG... how daft am I?? LOL

Debbie Lee Guest

Naah Shan, just my silly brain.... sometimes I wonder what the hell goes on in there! LOL

Sooo funny. I gave Gabby her bath last night just before our dinner was cooked. I called Neil in for his tea, but he insisted on a shower first because he had been working on the car all day (and it still runs like rat-****e... grrr!). He came out of the bathroom saying, "Is it my imagination or is there a giant turd in the bath?". Gabby must have pooed during her bath and I didn't even notice!! LOL and ewwwww! So... the bath has been disinfecting...
    I suppose 13 months isn't too bad for her first poopey in the bathtub, hey?

LOL Deb, having a blonde day hun Well didn't get to the shower before Tehya was woken up. Bloody Dad, need I say more. We move away and he's still doing it ](*,)

Shannon, your welcome anytime. Yes Tehya is an O but sometimes (more often than not) her halo slips. A bit like mine except mine is now around my ankles LOL. Atleast it's keeping my legs together. HAHAHa

Sarah, good to hear that your foot isn't broken. Some Dr's are just that, a waste of time. Hope it mends soon.

Take care
    Trish

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast