Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Oh Laura That sucks. How ridiculous. They aren't there to help then are they? It's all do it my way or not at all.

I don't have time to post properly, Jake is screaming to be let out of his highchair.

You are definitely not being unreasonable, why would you want to do something that would set your recovery backwards, like bec I have a crawling baby here so will post more later but just wanted to let you know that I would have done the same in your situation. You are definitely not being a brat & they should have known enough about you to realise this wasn't the sort of place for you.

sending my love

Hi girls,

I'm back on BB as of today and while I don't have time for personals, but I just wanted to send a hug to Laura. Hun, I can't put myself in your shoes but I don't think you're being unreasonable. You have a (natural!!!) close bond with your son and that bond - as well as your routines etc at home - should be nurtured and encouraged as part of your recovery. IMO, you're not being a "spoiled little brat" - you're protecting your close relationship with your son. All the very best to you.

I'm on FB too, so if a strange name pops up to be your friend, it's probably me!

Will be back over the weekend to catch up with everyone properly.

Oh, quick question before I forget ... when I'm BFing Cam, sometimes he starts grabbing hunks of his hair and pulling, hard. Alternatively, he starts whacking himself in the head. Not always, but it happens on and off. Does this sound like "normal" behaviour? He certainly seems "normal" enough. Anyone else experienced this with their bubs?????

Andie xx

Laura- Hugs. IMO opinion you aren't being unreasonable. These are the parenting decisions you and your DH have made and you know what is best for you. Hang in there hun you will get there.

Andie - E sometimes has a flappy arm while feeding. I haven't noticed him pulling out his hair.

Bec,njd, melbel, macca and everyone - hi

We have been away. It has been a mega week or so. We spent 3 days in adelaide, I and E spent 4 days in tas, another night in adelaide then 2 nights in Clare. It has been very busy. I twas good I caught up with my family and best friend. I didn't let you know Bec as I was in the north of the state.

E had his immunisations yesterday, finally. Is a bit out of sorts today unsure if it is them or teething or the fact I stopped his zantac. I restarted it tonight but was a bad time to stop it anyway. I am off to the paed in a few weeks so will see what he says.

We have 4 teeth now and I don't think the top ones are far away. E has rolled from back to tummy finally a week ago but doesn't often repeast it. IT is like he has said I can do it now can't be bothered. He is getting better at sittingtoo but he is so interested in everything he is always overbalancing. He has leant forwards a few times and gone onto his belly but that is a fluke I think rather than planning. He will get there. I did want him to be crawling by xmas but now I am not fussed. some advice given to me was not to wish his babyhood away. I do do that sometimes so am trying not to. He has already grown so much and won't want all the cuddles etc in a few years.

HAve a lovely weekend and I will try and email some pics soon

Oh Laura - I just want to punch them for you, makes me so angry.

I am SO confused why they think that bubs sleeping/eating habits are the "problem".....depression is a chemical imbalance, not something that bubs/you or anyone has caused .

You are a great mum! I happen to think that breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping/bed sharing and wanting to be with/care for your child is FABULOUS (and the "norm" in non western society's). God knows what people did before formula, cots and prams . (not criticizing use of these just poking fun at the "professionals").

Obviously you are having problems but hopefully with right medication these can be helped.

Pooy to them.

Andie - Ari hits my chest, piches the soft bit under my arm (OUCH), pulls his hair/ear and sometimes looks like hes going to gouge his eyes out when feeding.....he ends up red but obviously its not hurting or he wouldn't do it.

Macca - a mum at DS school had lap band surgery 2 weeks ago and she is fine. She said she was sore afterwards and frustrated by not being able to eat but was otherwise fine. GOOD LUCK!!

Bec- How you going?

Luey - Glad you had a good time away.

Ari now has 6 teeth...FINALLY THEY HAVE CUT THROUGH

OK - Must go - Time to get Ari dressed for bed and have some snuggle time.

Hayley.

Hi girls

Just got back from the Drs again with Jake and his foreskin, FINALLY got a referral for a possible circumscision. It's Phimoses which basically means his foreskin is too tight.

BBL
    xxx
    Last edited by *becstar*; November 4th, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

just a quick post today

Andie, Dusty pumps his arms, rubs his eyes, pulls at my clothes, pinches me, pulls/plays with his ears, he hasn't really got any hair so he can't pull it he doesn't do all of this all at once but he will do some of this at most feeds so Cam sounds totally normal to me.

Jo the new photos (well they aren't so new now) are beautiful.

Andie - I don't know if a breastfeeding necklace - on Mothers direct would be a good istraction. Or if you have a top with cords or somthing else you can encourage him to fiddle with.

laura - All I can say is hang in there. I think you did the right thing by not staying in the MBU. Regardless of PND your mothers instincts are your guide and it sounds as though you have no problem listening to them, well done. I can only imagine how you felt, I am so sorry it was so negative. Are there any other support avenues you can go through?

As for me I am well all. I had my lap band surgery last Friday and am still on liquids at the moment. As of next Friday I can join Will on mushie solids, yeah!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your words of support and encouragement about the Mother/Baby Unit.I have calmed down now and although I still feel a little angry about the whole thing, I also feel kind of proud for sticking up for what I believe in, I think it must be a sign that I am getting better.
    I have decided that the less 'medical' help I get the better, I'll still see me GP and Psychologist but that's it.All the others treat really sick people and aren't experienced with people with PND and treat it all in a very clinical way.I've also been seeing a Natropath and am thinking of trying Kiensiology(sp?).All in all, I think everything that was going on was making things worse...I feel much more relaxed that i haven't got all these people on my back.

I'm starting to settle into the new area a little more too, definitely helps things.I was out for coffee yesterday morning with another mum and am thinking of going to a local Natural Parenting Group soon.

As for Sam, well, he's biting like mad when on the boob.He bit so badly yesterday that he drew blood!I've been saying 'No' every time he does it so hopefully he'll learn soon.In the mean time I have to express form my wounded side until it heals a little, it's just too sore for him to feed out of and I am so scared he'll do it again and make it worse.It's not my 'good' side thankfully.It's always made quite a lot less milk.

Finally I;m going to try and get some personals done....

Nic, How are things? Thank you for your text the other day, was very thoughtful of you and made my day.x

Bec, I'm sending those babylegs today, been really slack with all that has gone on, sorry.Poor Little Jake, A friends nephew had the same thing and it only just got fixed, he's four! The poor little thing would walk around holding his willy saying 'ow'.How are things?

MAcca, How are you feeling?? mmm liquids and mush, sound appetising!How long until you can eat normal food?Good on you!

Andie,Sam does the same thing while feeding.He often tries to stick his figures up my noes too.

Luey,Good luck with the Pead. let us know how you go.

Hayley,How's Nate going? You are Amazing! raising 4 Kids!

Hello to everyone I've missed.I think I might go back to bed for a bit, suddenly became really tired.

xx

Oohhh i'm bad. I never got back in here....oooops! Will really try to get in here today if I get some time.

Thinking of you all always

xxx

Ok so I made it back. Not going to be very personal sorry, I'm in a b!tch of a mood and just want to go to bed and have my day over with.

Not too much to report here, Jake still standing up on everything, no teeth. Life is ok, just super busy, not much time to write in depth posts like I would like to.

Laura, you totally did the right thing with the MBU. And I'm glad to hear meds etc are going well.

Andie, I'm sorry we didn't get to catch up but I'm sure it will happen one day. I understand crazy visits, lol.

Luey, no problem about not letting me know although I would have loved to catch up too, it is a little too far to drive

Macca, glad surgery went well and your mush sounds lovely . Good luck with it all.

Sorry that's it for me, thinking of you all, I check in heaps but don't post. I want to but never have the time/energy to post what I want to. I guess a lot of you are the same.

xxx

Hi all hows things?
    Well this crawling thing is not all its cracked up to be. I had forgotten all about the having to put everything and anything up and out of the way. This worked for about two weeks until the little ratbag got more determined and has learnt to pull himself up now. Its funny though because he can get up but then stands there screaming at us because he doesnt know how to get down again. DH and I were watching him yesterday in his cot and he let go of one hand turned to the side and let the other one go then flopped down onto his stomach. I really hope he doesnt try that when he is holding the couch or something. Could be nasty.
    He is doing well though.Not sleeping alot during the day though but it has been so stinking hot I dont blame him. He has his two bottom teeth and I am dreading him biting me. Laura that sounds so painful I am almost scared to feed him. Im thinking I should be ok though until the top ones come through too. Or am I been lured into a false sense of security?
    Becstar I hear ya on the biarch mood. I hate the heat (so why did I move to Brisbane???) So I have had some right doozies. Plus I am due for AF and I had a meltdown the other morning. Yelling at the boys to hurry up and get ready for school then 30 secs later I was in tears! Lucky Dh was home so when I threw myself back in bed feeling sorry for myself he took the boys to school and took Scout for a walk.Gotta love PMS huh?
    How is the xmas preparations coming on? I have laybys at a few places but that's about the extent of my shopping. Heaps of time yet though aye???
    My second son turns 10 tomorrow and he is having a sleepover this weekend. Great! Six 10 yr olds bouncing off the walls till all hours then up sparrows fart to do it again Oh why do I do this to myself?

Well I hope everybody is plodding along happily thats all thats happening in our crazy household. Will post again if I survive this weekend.

Hi everyone,

well Dusty is growing up so fast I can hardly believe my eyes. He is now crawling & starting to get some speed to it. I have had a dog in the house over the weekend & I think that has given him that extra encouragement (& excitement) he needed to get him going. He is starting pull himself up on everything & has decided a few times that it would be fun to see what happens if he lets go... I'm not sure if I have mentioned but we have brought a king-single bed & it is heaven at least I can get some sleep now instead of falling asleep on the recliner single lounge like I was. I must take more photo's as the time goes by way too quickly. He is eating about 3 meals a day now, he loves blackberry jam on toast (not sure if he can have it but he loves it), is getting used to watermelon & loves sweet potatoe & zuchini. It seems like he is still b/f as much but he is down to about 8 feeds a day mostly when he goes to sleep.
    We had a big fall here the other day, Dusty was on the big bed while I was trying to find a hair band or something & he went from being on the bed to turning around & falling off the bed so quickly before I knew what was happening I was watching him fall you would think after stacey near miss I would learn, never again will I leave him on the bed... but as my sister said (who I called in a complete flap thinking he had broken his neck or something) this is the first of many near misses

Macca, sounds like the surgery went well & hopefully you can start solids soon...

Stacey, I know that Laura has had issues with Sam & teeth & I think Mel ? might have as well. Dusty did bite a few times but lucky for me he hasn't done it for awhile but I am worried when his top teeth come through :fingerscross: they don't.

Bec, glad that they are doing something about Jake & I don't know how you do it with 3 kids, D is such a handful by himself.

Laura, how are you? you should rest with Sam too, I sleep at least once a day with Dusty, if my dp thinks the house is a mess then he has 2 choices either spend some time with Dusty so I can get it done or do it himself (which he did tonight yeah).

Leuy, I really wish that Dusty wasn't crawling yet... I miss being able to put him on the floor & know he will be there when I get back. They all grow & develop in their own time in their own way & it sounds like you are enjoying every step. Just think if he is/was crawling by x-mas how much of a pain it would be with a tree & those decorations it would always be his target....

Jo, how's things? where are you going on hols?

Mel, I just wanted to say a public apology to you & James, not Cam , I re-read the threads & realised you were talking to Andie when you mentioned Cam, not much else to say there but sorry.... How is the reflux going? are things starting to settle?

Hayley, how is your ergo carrier going? I brought one when Dusty was about 3 months - same colour too I think it is camel, he was too big for the infant insert & too young for it at the time but you have inspired me to get it out again. I can only manage to carry him on my back at the moment.... any tips?

Nina, hope the wedding plans are going well....
    Reenie, how is the new job?
    Andie, how is the feeding going?
    Catherine, tell us how the jewellery making lesson went?

Now I am sure I have missed someone (sorry Jo I think I missed you last time) but I am too tired to go back & check.

luv ya's sending happy, sleepy vibes
    nic

ooh I forgot about this whole x-mas thing what everyone else's take on it is. We aren't very religious, have never really celebrated it & when we were telling fam we aren't doing it they were shocked. So what is everyone doing, the whole santa thing? the whole religous thing? or just the fam thing?
    just wanting some different points of view that's all

Nic, it's great you are getting some sleep And yes, crawling and pulling up is a whole new world, that's why I'm just so extra busy ATM, Jake is just off everywhere and he's into everything and so fast! His latest trick is to open and close the dryer!

Re Xmas, we do the whole family/presents thing. We aren't particularly religious either, we just really enjoy the whole feeling of the season, and I push the message to the kids that it's a time to celebrate all the people you love and we always make sure the kids have something little to give because they get so many presents. To me it's so important for them to understand it's not just about getting presents, it's a time to share with friends and family and be thankful. Kinda like a cross between Thanksgiving and Xmas I guess.

Oh and Nic your sister is right, just one of many near misses.....lol.

Stacey, GL with the sleepover, LOL...sucker!!! I don't envy you there.. Ben has been planing his party for months now... As for Xmas I have one layby with all Xmas and birthday pressies almost complete. Just a few little stocking fillers to get and I'm done. Oh and to do/make something for the kids to give to everyone. I sound organised but I'm not really, lol. Never am.

Ok I'm impressed I managed a post TBH things are just crap here right now too, not something I wanna go into detail about though It's just frightening when DH is also showing he is upset and scared....makes me see maybe I'm not just being over-emotional. Anyway......

Have a great day ladies, hope you are all well and bubs are being good

xxx

Hi everyone.
    I haven't posted in here in so long. I have to ration my internet time and it is usually consumed by playing scrabble on facebook!
    Flynn is a champ! He is sleeping thru the night and is nearly crawling. He can sit himself up. I had seen the evidence that he could do it for a couple of days but just yesterday I saw him reach to get something, go onto his stomach, pull his legs up and get on his hands and knees and then sit onto his bottom! Then he did it about 10 more times!
    He is moving around heaps but not actually crawling.
    Nicole. The jewellery lesson went very well. One of the ladies from mum's group was like 'I'm so interested in learning to make jewellery, do you think you could teach me?' So my 5 year plan is coming into fruition a lot earlier than I thought! It went quite well. I've never really taught anyone so she is a bit of a guinea pig, but she's happy and I'm happy so it's good! i have to take some photo's for you!
    As for Christmas. Well, I hate Christmas! Well I hate what it has turned into. For our family it is a time to celebrate Jesus' birthday. I'm a bit torn cos Santa was very exciting when I was a kid but I don't think it's right to lie to my kids so i don't think we'll be doing the santa thing in this house. We go to church and see family, but we don't really do the presents thing. I'm more into birthdays. We both come from big families also so it is just too crazy (and exxy) to get everyone presents. Plus I think it's nicer to put in for something big/something they really want for a b'day.
    Sorry girls I don't really have any more time for personals
    Take care everyone!

Sorry no time for long post.

Bec - Hope you are you OK..Thinking of you and your DH and kids.

Be back later this week hopefully for personals.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast