Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #2

I hope this works. I been trying to upload a pic on my signiture, but it won't work for me. If it doesn't work now & anyone's interested in seeing my little man, there are a couple pics in my gallery.

He's one of those ones that you know won't be a baby in my arms for very long. He was smiling & talking at 3 weeks. I mean convo's where you say something & they make their little cooing noises back at you with the cute little facial expressions.
    Started laughing a bit over 2 weeks ago - its so cute! And is already showing interest in food & trying to roll & sit.
    Well he nearly rolled over the other night to get his toy, but couldn't get there. & when he's half sitting in his rocker, or car seat we will hold his head up like he's trying to sit up.
    He drools alot, just like all the others, & when he gets hold of his fave toy, its straight to the mouth. I hope he's not teething yet, but you never know.
    It took about 2 weeks for me to change his nappy properly. It took that long to finally realise I was just going to have to touch it! That was hard. U gotta move things around on boys to make sure they are clean properly. Girls are so much easier!!
    He was born 52 cm & at his 8 week check he was 62cm.
    He was 8 pound 7 1/2 ounces born. Not as big as I expected. I think he was around 10 pound at the 8 week check. Can't remember exactly.

Anyways, sorry its so long, but noone really knows anything about him yet, so I thought I'd put it in. Hope you don't mind the length.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

My friend from work whose job I would have taken if I hadn't quit had her baby today. A little girl named Jerusha Grace. I can't wait to see pictures.

Hi girls,

Hope you are all well. Did anyone watch 'A current affair' about the baby sleeping story with Pinky McKay? Some of the stuff I already do, but the different massage technique she showed i hadn't done before and the diagonal leg stretches, so did that after DJ's bath tonight.

Prama - so sore tonight haha ah the joys of exercise hey? And yeah I was super impressed with DJ's sleep and who knows he may sleep longer tonight. Hopefully he will get me a nice birthday present haha doubt it I am pretty sure his father never got around to getting me anything (yet again)...... no signs of it anyway. At least we are going away to Hunter for day.

Tomorrow we are off to Hunter Valley for the day which will be nice. Doni has to see a colleague first.... Good thing is DJ will get a good sleep on our way there and back.

Hope everyone is well.

Shell xxxxx

bjrose - so glad all is going well.
    love the pix!!

danni - hope jazz is doing better.

sorry cant do long post, long day and exhausted.
    we have poopy's 4th paed appt tom. hope all goes well.

thinking of you all! xoxox

happy early birthday shell!

shell your msg came at the same time!
    wonderboy DJ! i saw the ACA thing too. will try diagonal message before bed.
    enjoy the hunter, hope the weather will be good.
    steve's playing w poopy, so going to sit back and enjoy Project Runway

I got Jazz's room tidied up (still a bit to do but it's 90% better). She is spending her first night in the cot tonight! She's in there now. Music playing on her CD player, Lava lamp on (will turn it off when I go to bed). She's still in her sleeping bag not blankets, so I've put her in the middle of the cot rather than at the foot. She does look tiny in the cot but she was starting to get crampped in the basinette.

Tomorrow we are re-arranging the bedroom but I'm kind of having second thoughts about that now because currently I can open the door and see the cot without walking in, when we rearrange it I wont be able to. I'll have to have a think about that tomorrow.

The cat is spending the night outside tonight and every night until I get a monitor. That way I can keep Jazz's door open during the night.

Now that Jazz is in her own room it doesn't seem complete and needs a name plate for the door. Something I've been wanting to do for a while. I'll have to go and get some letters and stuff. I haven't found any pre-made things with her name on it coz it's not a common name, besides, hand made is nicer and more special.
    Last edited by danniellabella; June 2nd, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Prama - looking forward to it. Yeah hope weather is good, but forecast is rain I think.
    I doubt that massage tip will improve sleep but who knows....
    Awwww how sweet - hope you enjoyed Project Runway
    I am off to bed now, soooo tired Doni doing 3-4am feed for me

Summer isn't sleeping through anymore either we had a good run for a while and last night wasn't too good like she had wind really bad. I am tired! plus haven't been to the gym for 2 weeks cos we were away which makes me tired. All 3 girls are sick now so hope Summer isn't getting it last thing i want.

I've had a shocker today been crying and emotional, horse has injured himself again so have decided to give him away, just need to find someone to take him, so am going to take my time in finding another. Just having a hard time with everything at the mo. Meant to be starting work this week and i have no idea how it's going to happen.

Jo Caitlin is such a cutie she has grown so much, she looks like you. Glad you are enjoying your hockey again.

BJrose glad to hear from you Summer is trying to sit up too and she is a big dribbler too, much more than the girls were we have a bib on most of the time now plus she blows raspberries which doesn't help.

Shell hope you get a pressie tomorrow, if not you should chuck a big tanty i think,,,, so not fair getting nothing. DH got me an axe handle one time for my birthday WTF?? They have no idea some times hehe

Well i am off to bed although i can hear Sumzy looks like i might be in for another bad night, man it's hard with not much sleep with other kiddies and no help from DH oh well no rest for the wicked hey?

Pretty pitiful personals sorry it was the best i could do tonight
    Trina

Happy Birthday Shell!!

Will write more afterwards,heading off to see paed.

trina sorry abt ur horsey

Happy birthday Shell!

Jacinta spent her first night in the cot and in her own room last night... I cant believe I actually cried! I did fall asleep quicker though and had a deeper sleep so that was good. I have soft music playing on her CD player. The first time she woke up, at 12:30am, I went into her room, put the music back on, picked her up but then realised that I was busting for the loo, put her back in the cot and the dummy in her mouth... when I came back she was fast asleep so I just went back to bed instead of changing/feeding her.
    Then she woke up at 2:45 which is becoming a habit again and then at 6:30 DH who was up getting ready for work came into our room and said that Jazz needs a feed coz she was crying.

I've fed her and put her back in her cot, she's grizzling on and off at the moment.

Hippo Birdie 2 ewe Shell have a great day.

Danni well done on putting jazz in her cot I know WIll needs to move I am just not brave enough.

Trina sorry about your horse sounds like its the straw that broke camels back your having a rough time.. I have always admired how you manage your f amily and your busy life I think you are amazing but I do hope you get some you time and somebody takes care of you soon.

You girls and all your excercise make me feel so very slack so had great plans for alogn walk today..guess what..its raining *LOL* too bad I am hopless and was really glad becasue I Just didnt feel like it. Will slept from 6 till 10.30 last night after abig day going all over the place so he didnt sleep as deep for the rest of the night. ( excuses excuses I know but its a great day for ironing

We have changed our minds about doing the northen ebaches and are goign to wait til our tax cheque comes and go upto Brisbane to see my brtother.

Ok got to havea great day
    Bron xx

Morning girls,

thanks for the birthday wishes, woke up to a cooked breakfast and Doni told me to check out a story on the front page of the paper, and when I opened up the paper there was a card inside. That was really sweet, I never get cards from Doni and he went to alot of trouble and bought a calligraphy pen as well. No present mind you..... but happy with card and breakie. He also did the 4am feed for me

Trina - sorry to hear about the girls being sick, yeah hopefully Summer doesn't get it and sorry to hear about your horse injuring itself

Prama - hope all goes well at paed apt.

Bron - it gets really hard to get motivated to exercise especially as it gets colder.....I am not doing my usual walking this week because of the rain

Danni - well done to Jazz spending her first night in her cot

Well girls I better feed DJ and get organised.

Chat laterxxxx

Happy Birthday Shell

Hope you get spoilt and have a fantastic day xoxoxox

I should be back at the gym days ago but just couldn't be bothered, its cold miserable and i haven't had much sleep in the last few days so don't feel bad Bron at least you will be doing the ironing i am about to sit my butt on the couch and stay there as long as poss.

DH left last night to drive to Adelaide and had to come home as the boat came off the ute and was dragged along the freeway whilst ripping the roof racks off and bashing into the ute. Lucky he didn't kill himself..

The couch is calling

Your post just popped up shell, glad you got a card but HOPE you get a pressie or a GV later maybe give him CLEAR instructions that you would like a GV from somewhere

Some one mentioned an axe handle for their birthday. I feel for you. DH bought me a set of anti aging creams once - I was 19!

I can't believe some of you are putting bubs in their own room! There's no way I can yet. Jaz was 5 months when she went & I think Bri was 9 or 10 months. I'll never wait that long again though. She was too old & knew the difference. It took a really long time to get her used to it. U gotta do it before 6 months I reckon, but not yet. Thats my baby!

I think I'll be one of those smothering mums with Jesse. I think he'll be my last, so I'm kinda extending everything....Trying to keep him a baby as long as possible...Not the best thing for a boy I guess. But it hurts that I'll probably never do any of this again. Does anyone else feel like that?? Please tell me you do. Anth - DH is always warning me not to turn him into a mummy's boy, & while I was pg I was fine with that, but now I've got him... I want him to be a mummy's boy! That's horrible.
    Hopefully I'll get over it.

I think I've got an idea who i'm saying this to......Happy birthday Shell!......Sorry I'll get used to all the names again soon.

It's cold raining & miserable here too. Bugger ironing. Too lazy. & I have my pc next to my lounge so I can laze all day if I want. Glad I got will power though, or the house work would never get done! Will get a computer desk one day, but this ok for now - for me!

Hmmm....I'm cold, gonna make myself another hot milo.

BTW, Jesse gives kisses! U know how they open their big drooley mouths when they give kisses? He does that already! Its so cool. I say tisses & make kissing sounds & he opens his mouth waiting then coos & grins at me. I'm loving him so much. I don't want him to grow up!

BJ I feel the same way.Paddy is going to stay a baby for as long as I can make him. I don't even dress him in tracksuits and overalls yet coz I want him to look like a baby. He's a big boy so people already think he's older than what he is.

Dani I've got a baby hood for over the cot. This is great for keeping the mozzies off but also the cats. They've got them in the baby shops. I'd probably rethink the monitor for night time if you didn't sleep well with Jazz in the room because you will still be hearing her. Paddy's room is across from mine so I find I can hear him easily when he needs me. He's the only one of my babies that hasn't slept in the same room but he has been the best sleeper by far (I also think the hammock has a lot to do with this).

Happy birthday shell. I know what you mean about muscles you haven't used for a while. Mind you I wasn't pole dancing just shovelling some gravel but I have absolutely no ab muscles left!

I'll still get a monitor, even if I don't use it at night. It'll be handy when I'm all over the house while she has a day nap and will be good to take to friends houses if she's sleeping out of earshot (eg having a BBQ outside with lots of noise and she's inside sleeping).

hi guys, quick one as poopy is waking up.

went to paed today, he's perfectly healthy but still needs to increase his weight. so im a bit devasted. i feel im doing my best but it's not good enough. my bf isnt doing much and i have to increase his top up..

poopy's crying.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast