Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

just wanted to add:

Im getting tired of doing both BF and FF, it just takes so much time and work. Im exhausted.
    the first feed is full BF, then BF+FF, then only FF, and the others are BF+FF. He's doing 4-5feeds a day. and just before bed, i give him a BF top up and he often falls a sleep.
    I dunno when I'll stop BF, maybe when he has teeth and decides it's fun biting his Ma!
    Even if I do go FF during the day, I'll still BF him, first thing and last thing at night.
    Doing both takes so long as well.

Did I tell you my very public BF story.
    We were in Singapore Changi airport, headign back to Kuala Lumpur. We got there about 2.45pm , our flight at 5.30pm. We asked if we could get on an earlier flight (there's a flight every hr or 2hrs). and the lady at check in said, yes, you're on the 3.30 flight and you hav to go to the gate now.
    Poopy starts gettign grizzly. as we head towards immigration, he starts to cry and in the queue he's screaming his head off.
    Everyone's looking at us, he's in the baby bjorn and i couldnt do anything. the immigration officer gave me a sympathetic smile..
    before we could get to the gate, we had to get a tax refund on our digital camera. Spre lets you claim 7% tax back when you buy electronic goods there. so whole of changi airport now hears poopy screaming. Steve goes to the tax counter. we're so rush rush as we have to get to teh gate.
    I had sit on the floor in the middle of the airport in a conservative country like Spore and get my boob out, with every passing person looking, eitehr smiling or embarrased and feed poopy!
    Steve comes out, and poopy luckily has now fallen asleep. As we half run to the gate, we see it's closing.. i couldnt run as poopy's head would be bouncing. but finally made it before they shut the gate!
    So! I'll never be embarrased breastfeeding in public again!!!!

LOL teach if he was any where in my vicinity i would hehe.

Prama you have done a great job with BF for so long and well done on the public boob flash i whip mine out all the time, you are gone such a long time is steve coming back soon?

I hate it on ebay when someone outbids you in the last minute it has happened twice on the high chair i want...... Oh well

I don't want to work either sj i don't really have the time to work lol we'll see what happens

Bron thanks hun, hope you are feeling better.

This has taken me sooo long to write it is all over the place and i keep forgetting what i was going to say hope i didn't leave anyone out, got a ripper of a headache.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Grr, I wrote something yesterday but then the website crashed on my computer and it's not here!

I don't want to work either but I have no choice. Too much debt and too many bills to pay!

Have an interview at a real estate office today for I don't know what position as there was nothing advertised, I just gave my resume to a friend to pass on to her HR manager. He rang yesterday and wants to meet today to discuss my skills and see what I can do. At least I'm starting to feel better now, my cold seems to be going away but Monday was aweful!

Prama, I'm sick of BF & FF too. I'm trying to decrease the amount of BF I do even more and just have FF only. Still finding I need to express at about lunch time when Jazz is at daycare. When she's home and I feel full I'll just BF her. I also BF her at least once in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning. When she woke at 5 this morning, she had both sides and then was crying when she was put back into the cot so I gave her a bottle, she sculled that and went to sleep. It's not 8:35 and she's still asleep. I should get her up soon and BF and then at 9:45 Matt's on baby duty for a few hours so I can get ready for my interview and go to it. I also have to go out tonight (like every 2nd Wednesday night) and this is probably the last Wed night he'll be home coz he will hopefully start working on the weekend so I've been begging him to take Jazz tonight so I can go out without her for a change. Besides, it'll be at 7:30 so all he'll have to do is change her probably only once, give her a bottle and put her to bed when she falls asleep.

Interview was good. No positions yet at the real estate place but the HR manager was very impressed with my resume which is why he wanted to meet me. He wants to keep in touch and have me work there as soon as something comes up if I havent found anything in the mean time.

Trina - thanks! just wish i had more milk but im happy i managed this long.
    I go back aug16th. Steve cant take any more time to come here and it's too expensive. so i'll be flying back alone w poopy. eeek. it wil be harder cos he's now more mobile but it's a night flight so i really hope he sleeps most of it.

danni - wow! well done! you'll have jobs left right and centre!

Hello girls,

I have been so busy lately so haven't been posting. Doni has been home the last few weeks as well so I suppose my night posting has decreased because of that. Had such a good day with DJ, walked to mothers group and he was so well behaved, hardly cried at all. Just had a good settled day with him. And then he grizzled a little this afternoon but that was only because he needed to do a massive poo which followed soon after his grizzling haha He is just giggling away at the moment on his playmat.... I love this age!!!! I have to get his needles done this week. I was supposed to do it last week but didn't get around to it and wanted to make sure Doni was around for it. I called my doctor and she is only holidays for a month..... So, I will work something out Might try and make the times for the community health centre.

Danni - sounds like interview went well, always good to meet them and at least they have met you and will keep you in mind when something comes up.

Prama - that was one of the reasons why I decided to just move to FF and since then I haven't looked back. DJ is still feeding 6 times over 24 hours, but just doesn't have the recommended amounts on tin. He will have 100-150ml every 3 hours. All depends.... I would love to get down to the recommended feeding times etc but he is just a hungry boy. Whatever decision you make will be the right one, so just go with your gut and well done on the highchair. I have to start looking into one.... Sounds like you bought a great one.... Saw one in K-mart for $40 so was thinking of that one....

Teach - thanks for the tip on nappies from that site. I will check it out.

Bron - yeah feeling great from all of the walking. I have already lost 4kg so it is working.... I want to try the rice cereal with DJ as well, and was told they gag a bit from it....

SJ - isn't it funny how we are all thinking of introducing solids. Time has flown so quickly. I remember when we were all discussing our labour pains and birth stories.

Trina - e-bay it happens to me as well, and I just get frustrated and give up.....grrrr

Well that is it from me for now..... Got to put DJ down for a mini-nap.

Shell xxx

Hi shell! glad your walks are going great. Steve said it was really cold today.

im one of those who bid in the last 10seconds of the bid!!

poopy awake! have to give him his bath.

BBL

I do it too sometimes on ebay but it's annoying when it happens to you.

I took summy to the chiropractor today she has been grumpy for weeks so thought it was worth a shot, she HATES being in the car and will scream 80% of the time, i was amazed at how different she was after she was so happy, hopefully she will sleep well tonight.

Summy didn't gag at all when i tried her with food, she gobbled it down, i have only fed her a few times, she may be ready but i don't want to feed her every day yet.

Sooo cold here today Prama, 9deg when i was on way to the gym.

I'm gonna try solids when Jazz is 5 months. I think she's ready now, but I'm not! I'll still give her little tastes of things on my fingers. I'm quite anal when it comes to mess so I'm not looking forward to solids and the mess that comes with it. I don't like messy faces, messy clothes etc...I guess I'll just have to get over that though coz it's gonna happen.

Have another interview in a couple of hours at the uni near me. Better go get prepared and dressed etc.

Uni interview went well. I'm feeling confident. Will find out tomorrow and I told them I could start on Tuesday.

trina - what sort of problems does a chiropractor fix for babies. I used to go to one but i didnt know they did babies till shell took dj.

danni - sounds really promising! Well done!! you're the first one of us to go back full time.

poopy has been looking more and more at us when we eat and he does chewing motions.
    he's also doing a Gene Simmons, really poking his tongue out, even on the boob. like licking hte nipple and the smacks his lips. cheeky bugger.

ive a lady come and do a traditional Malay massage here, they normally do it just after delivery.
    it helps make your tummy smaller. they massage your whole body and your tummy with herbs. my whole body hurt when she was massaging, never was like this when i had it before i was pg.
    anyway, my tummy feels a little smaller, still a long way to go. i dunno if it will get flat.
    today is day2, i have 5more days to go. she said my womb is still a bit low, and the massage will help it go back in place.

it's quiet here today.

shell - are you walking further and further, is that why you're less and less online
    Last edited by prama; July 10th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.

Prama, MH has been doing the tounge thing for a while, its sooo unny, and yeah, licking the boob, what a crack up! Massage sounds great... i am going to have to bail Nina up for one soon.

Mum fed her a bottle today and she took it well, got the 3mth+ teat, think that it was too slow for her previously as she was happier today with it, thank goodness...

Mum and Dad leave for QLD on the weekend, so will have to look after MJ whilst working for the next 4 weeks which is going to be a challange...

i am attending an introducing soilds talk on 16th of Aug, so def not introducing before then, she will be 5 and a half mths.
    Apparently the reason that solids shouldnt be introduced before 6mths is not only reastions, but also the digestive tract is not fully developed and can cause problems as the holes in the bowel for absorption are not fully formed and are too large (or is it too small - anyway can cause problems)

MJ had also found her lungs and she has started really yelling out, not for any other reason other than she is happy and wants to share it

Trina - i got out bid at the last min on a high chare too grrrrh
    hope you all had a great day

Its so funny how things change isnt it we did a survey at mothers group the other day and all but 1 out of 14 of us was started on solids by our mothers at 3 months or less and we are an average age of 30. It was the done thing and yet its all the opposite now.

prama I would kill for a massage but our maternity pay is just about to finish and we have to buy a new car for hubbys new job so all non essentials are out atm although I consider it essential to my mental health *L*

AM off to bed with jammies andheat pack we had light snow here this afternoon and now its gotten really cold again they are expceting more snow tommorow. I luuuuuuuuuurve winter.
    Night night
    Bron x

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post

danni - sounds really promising! Well done!! you're the first one of us to go back full time.

Not by choice I can tell you that much. I really only want to work 20-25 hours a week but I NEED to work full time

Matt finally got his police clearance last night so today he's going down to get his driving accreditation so he can start driving hopefully on the weekend. Things are starting to look up for us!

Jazz slept through last night for the first time since she was 12 weeks old. I put her down at 9:30 and I woke up at 5am and realised that she hadn't woken up at the usual 1am and 3:30am! She's also back to having 2-3 hours sleep in the afternoon after refusing day sleeps for a week. I guess she's finished her growth spurt.

We have orientation at the childcare centre today. Matt's coming too but he might go off and do stuff and come and pick me and Jazz up later.

Will find out about that job today as well.

Things have changed each time i have had a bub re feeding with Codie it was 4 months. Mum was telling me that when i was a baby she was giving me tastes of food when i was weeks old and regularly feeding when i was a little before 3 months that's just what you did back then. Can't keep up with the changes.

I am looking at one more horse today then i am going to give up really really over it.

I'm off to do some washing, back later. Soooo cold here probably wont dry..

Yeah freezing here too - washing is just getting cold on the line and doing nothing more... has been peeing down, so i am glad that i at least have an undercover washing line.
    Good luck with the horse Trina... sorry that you are getting over it, it takes the enjoyment out of something that is meant to be pleasurable..

Danni good luck wit the job.

BTW when i said that i have decided that i dont wnt togo back to work, it was more a want, i have been back at work a day a week since MJ was a week old and spend at least 2 hours a day working from home... I have decided that i dont want to go back to work next year as i the hospital, but will always have to work for DH
    Sorry if i made any of you feel bad - we cant afford for me not to work either

Trina - Mum said that she was told to feed me at 3 months too... its like the stuff in the pg, everything changes all the time and in 10 years time, things that we are doing that are right now, will the wrong then. you cant win!

Bron, i would love winter more if there was snow instead of just cold and misrble weather. i loved winter when i use to live in England, and there is just something magical waking up to a light dusting of snow

having a crappy day, DH forgets that a baby is a full time job and is demanding today and really really grumpy. Drove off in a huff this morning after giving me an earful

SJ your DH needs a reality check. Now MJ takes the bottle better leave her with him for a few hours or even better a whole day while you attend to all those things he thinks you're not doing. Mine stayed home with DD while I went back to work for a short time and he would hand her back as soon as I got home because he couldn't get anything done!

I found the more I share the care of my kids the more understanding DH is. I went to uni to study teaching when DS1 was in year one. It was the best thing ever because we had to work as a team to keep everything organised. I'm a bit of a control freak and also I know how hard he works so I never used to ask for his help. Now I realise everyone is happier if we do this together.

Last night I had to go to a meeting so I fed Paddy and left him at home for DH to settle and put to bed. He now knows that Paddy likes the blanket on his face, the dummy and to be cuddled firmly when he's having trouble sleeping. Now if I could only get him to put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher ...

I got the job! Matt got his driving accreditation. Everything is coming together!

Jazz's orientation went well and now she's sitting on my lap "talking"

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast