Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Don't worry yourself Prama, honestly he would have probably dropped the feeds anyway, Summer isn't too interested in big bf very much anymore. It doesn't always fit for me to bf then feed solids straight after so i usually do it somewhere between feeds then bf her after, he is your little man so you know him best, plus you are putting milk in his food anyway it's all trial and error some babies don't want food straight after a bottle they are too full to fit it in so you could give him a little bit of bottle feed him solids then offer the rest of the bottle or feed an hour or two after a bottle whatever works. Like i have said before you can't do everything by the book so don't feel bad.

I can't remember what else i was going to say.......... I had better go get the girls out of bed

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Quote Originally Posted by shell_120308 View Post

Danni - yeah jelly is what mine feel like as well and now I have stretch marks on my boobs and they feel all wobbly.
    Yes, stretch marks here too.

Yeah. I gotta say, 3 kids & my only stretch marks are on my bbs. I should be happy!

Prama - Don't stress! All this baby stuff is confusing & frustrating. For everyone! No one gets it right all the time. You are doing great! Poopy should be fine no matter how he's having the solids as long as he's getting the minimum amount of ff/bf in a day.

On my ff tin (Lactogen) it recommends 4 ff a day 210 mls each from 4 - 6 months & only 3 a day over 6 months.
    So between 4 & 6 months thats 840mls & over 6 months its 630mls a day.

Man...I'm feeding Jesse like 10 - 15 times a day. 4 bottles a day sounds like bliss!! So tempting....I do have to start the ff before bed thing again. I'm trying to get him into his new cot & out of our room. He sleeps in there during the day, but is still waking to often through the night to go in there. He wakes anywhere from once to every 2 hours through the night. Every night is different, so its just easier having him next to me. Or from early morning he's usually in bed with me.

I would love to meet up with you guys! Petty I'm stuck out in the sticks with no rego on the car.

Anthony's asked me to give it a month. I'm not too sure if I want to. But I do have to get the car rego'd & stuff, so I'm not taking off anytime soon. If he can convince me by then I'll think about it, but I'm still going to get things organised in case I do decide to go. Just slowly.
    Its such a hard decision to make. Taking the kids away from their dad. I couldn't wait to watch Jesse following him around everywhere.
    How do I decide. It'd be better for Jazmyne & I if we left, but Bri & Jesse have no reason to go, so I feel like if I do they are going to take it really hard. Bri is a real daddy's girl. & Jesse's face lights up the second he hears Anths voice.
    The only option I have in places to go is an 8 - 10 hour drive away. Where Mum & Dad are. I wouldn't even consider anywhere else. But that means they'd only see him during school holidays & stuff. Jesse seems to young for that. I feel like it'd ruin his life taking his daddy away from him before he's even old enough to know who he is.
    But Jazmyne's self esteem is suffering. He makes it no secret he isn't interested in her. He treats her different to the other 2 & when she's crying in her room coz she thinks noone loves her coz she has to go to bed or coz she's in trouble it breaks my heart.
    How the hell do I decide? I have to think about all of them.
    Maybe he'll stick to it & he will change & treat her better & help out more.
    Sorry guys, but I don't have anyone else to b*tch to.

Off to the docs today. Jesse has a patch on his back that looks exactly like Bri's eczema, so it looks like he gets it too. He hasn't had any solids exept a bit of bread in the last few days, so I don't know whats set it off. Bri just gets it from the dry air when we have the heaters on. But we've had them on the same all winter & he's only just getting it now.
    Maybe I'll see about getting some sort of allergy test done. I dunno. You can only do blood tests now. I had the girls done last year. Jaz had hers anyway. They couldn't get any of Bri's blood & I never took her back.
    I had to have bloods done on Bri at about Jesse's age & I really don't think I could do that again, so I dunno. Maybe I'll never know what causes it.

OK. I'm going now. Promise.

Hey girls,

I better catch-up I am so behind on personals today haha you girls were busy.... I am doing well, DJ is finally not constipated YAY now just poo'ing normally once-a-day phew.... Still teething but I can see alot more white in his gums so any day now I should see a tooth yipeeee I gave him some pumpkin and sweet corn mash today and he loved it, he still had his full formula feed as well so that is good. Not giving him too much of his solids, coz I want him to drink as much as he can of his formula. There is a sale on at Big W so going to get some more baby cube trays so I can make some more puree's.... Thanks for tips on formula feed first then solids... I actually did some goog'ling so I could find out how it should be done I wanted to make sure I did it right.

haha brb I can hear DJ talking to himself in the cot.... haha

back and just a slight stir, he went back to sleep.

Now personals.....

Trina / Prama - would love to see you both. Trina - we don't mind taking the drive up or we can always meet up in Hornsby... Whatever is easier for you. I am pretty easy. I will be heading back to work on 2 Sept (3 days per week) so if we meet up then, it will need to be a Monday or Wednesday, but Mondays would be better for me.

Skye - that is a very hard decision but it is one that you can only make. Just go with your heart. Anth said to give him a month.... Maybe it is worth it.... It is up to you though, but if Jazz's self-esteem is suffering, maybe talk to him and tell him it is one of the major reasons you are considering leaving. Write out a list of pros and cons about your decision to leave vs your decision to stay and whatever comes out on top you will then know what is the best way to go. Hope I have helped there.

SJ - *claps hands* woooohooo on MJ sleeping through you would have been over the moon I am sure and omg MJ getting ready to crawl that is fantastic news!!!! DJ not at that stage yet, but he is soooo much better on his tummy. Trying to put him on his tummy alot more now to get him used to it.

Prama - I agree with SJ - check the size of the teat, I am going to buy some more 3 teats because DJ feeds better on a 3 teat compared to a 2 on avent bottles. Just gotta get to the shops and get them. Told Ness you will be back soon and she was happy to hear you will be back for her classes. I missed yesterday's class wanted to rest up my little cold. So much better today. Went to mothers group as well. Even baked some cookies.

Trina - thanks for best wishes.... I can't wait to get away with Doni and DJ - our first family trip. I am soooo excited. Writing out an itinerary only because need to work it out with DJ's feeds and where we are going. And yep you betcha I can have a drink for you or two... Now ff so I don't have to limit myself anymore haha except of course to sober enough to be mum

Danni - yeah stretchies suck, only have them on my boobs, not my belly.

Rightio I better get some housework done - you all take care now.

Shell xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by shell_120308 View Post
    Danni - yeah stretchies suck, only have them on my boobs, not my belly.

Rightio I better get some housework done - you all take care now.
    Ditto and ditto

No stretchies on my belly (except where I used to have my belly button ring in my stupid late teens)

Yes, I'd better get back to work also.

Just got back from the doctors.
    Had a good chat to him. I've gotta start giving Jesse solids more. I'm only really giving him a bit of bread to suck/chew on here & there. Sometimes while cooking tea I'll stick a bit of brocolli or potato or something on his plate.
    He thinks thats why he's feeding so much & not sleeping well, coz he's just not satisfied.
    So I got in to see my MCHN at 9 in the morning to talk to her more about that & the infant-led solids.
    Plus I want to get him weighed again.
    The spot on his back that I'm sure is eczema the doc seems to think its ring worm. I'm pretty sure its not, coz neither of the girls have it. So I'll talk to the MCHN about that too. I did get a cream that will get rid of both. JIC.

Skye - You really are in a bit of a dilemma... i agree with Shell, give it the month (sounds like you would have to any way) and spell out to him one of the reasons that you are leaving is because of the way that he treats Jaz... this is a really big thing for her - maybe he could go to conucilling with her, so that they learn to communicate better.
    TBH as a step Mum, i can tell you it is awful for the kids and if there is anything you can do to stay together, try it and keep trying, but if Anth isnt wiling to come to the party, well then you have to make that decision.
    Living so far away from him will also be really hard on the kids.
    Sorry, probably not very helpful hope you figure it out and its gets better for you.

Shell glad that you are getting away...have a drink for me too
    i am thinking of booking the redbull airrace tickets for DH - he tas been working so hard and i know he would love it - besides it would be a forced short holiday as it is in Perth

Gotta go, MJ is stiring

Skye - You really are in a bit of a dilemma... i agree with Shell, give it the month (sounds like you would have to any way) and spell out to him one of the reasons that you are leaving is because of the way that he treats Jaz... this is a really big thing for her - maybe he could go to conucilling with her, so that they learn to communicate better.
    TBH as a step Mum, i can tell you it is awful for the kids and if there is anything you can do to stay together, try it and keep trying, but if Anth isnt wiling to come to the party, well then you have to make that decision.
    Living so far away from him will also be really hard on the kids.
    Sorry, probably not very helpful hope you figure it out and its gets better for you.

Shell glad that you are getting away...have a drink for me too
    i am thinking of booking the redbull airrace tickets for DH - he tas been working so hard and i know he would love it - besides it would be a forced short holiday as it is in Perth

Gotta go, MJ is stiring

Just got back from the doc. We have a referral to a paed for Jaz & Jesse.
    Jaz due to sleep talking & walking. Hoping it might have something to do with her behavior probs, & Jesse as he's thinking a mother & baby unit might help.
    Sounds good to me. He might start sleeping better. I just hope the waiting list isn't as long as it was last time I rang. Wich reminds me - I already had an appt with a paed for Jaz, but I forgot all about it & have no idea when it is. Hopefully now I've got my phone back I put it in the calander & it isn't too late.

Yay I got my highchair today but my boy looks so very tiny in it *L*. He had a great time sitting up and playing with his toys but the thing was huge around him.

Skye do you think maybe Jess isnt sleeping becasue of the stress in the household and he maybe pickign up onit ? I know when I am uptight have a migraine or am over tired WIll really plays up? just a thought I Hope you can get the help you want for he and for Jaz

Evening girls,

Just had friends over for dinner..... sheesh don't you just hate it when they all come over make a mess and then leave it for you to clean up? I know I am not working just yet, but when friends do that it puts me off having friends over on weeknights especially when I go back to work. I always help clean up at everyone elses place I just don't get why they don't return the favour.... sorry to vent....

Skye - can we give bubs bread sticks to suck and chew on now?? I thought that was a while off, mind you I bought some teething rusks ready for him. Says not to start him on them until 6 months but he is always looking for things to chew on so I am wondering if I can try him on them??? Good to hear you have referral hope it goes well Let us know how it goes.

SJ - yeah we can't wait, and by the time I have a drink for you all I will be blind drunk hahaha but what a great idea on your getaway I think DH would love it, heard it is a great race to watch live as well.

Well girls, enough from me. I am off to bed shortly.

Going to a mums and bubs talk at a local shopping centre, haven't been before but they have guest speakers etc, so thought I would take a walk down if it is a nice day and check it out. Also want to check out Big W and put a christmas layby on, so many good things on sale there!! Circled a heap of clothes for DJ's christmas stocking and presents

Nighty night

Shell xxxx

Jazz is loving her food but I don't get to give it to her except on weekends. :-( She is still too tired when we get home from work/daycare so she has food at daycare after her nap. Still only once a day though, but the FDC lady and the child care said she really enjoys her food. Child care said to keep bringing food for as long as I want but that they do supply food for babies (they have the weekly menu with all the ingredients listed on the wall). The lady in charge said that they won't give her the food that they make until I say it's ok. She completely understands that while Jazz is getting used to food it's important that I be the one to introduce things when I'm ready. I thought that was really good.

She does have red blotches on the back of her neck though. I don't know if it's allergies or not. It doesn't seem to concern her though. I have noticed also since introducing solids and totally stopping BF that she has developed nappy rash which she doesn't seem happy about.

Still has her cough, bringing up yellow flegm now. I'm trying to pat her back to help loosen it up before I give her a bottle coz apparently milk sits over the top of the flegm and it all gets worse otherwise (or something like that).
    Last edited by danniellabella; August 13th, 2008 at 09:41 PM.

India - It could be the problem, or something to do with it, but even if nothings going on he's not all that settled.
    I put him to bed at 8.30 tonight & he just woke up screaming then for no reason. Had a bit of bb then went back to sleep with the dummy. I probably could've just given him the dummy, but he was pretty worked up.

Shell - I have been giving him a bit with vegemite on it. He does gag on it, but he's getting used to it & he loves it. I'm going between pureed foods & the Infant led feeding or what ever it is SJ was talking about. Soft foods they help themselves to.
    I haven't been doing it much though. Now I've been to the doc I'll make sure he has brekky & dinner.
    Tonight he had a bit of vege on bread, then pureed pumpkin & sweet corn mixed with a bit of Farex & BM. I gave BM instead of full cream milk this time.

Trina - Hows the bfing going? Are you still having probs or is it getting better??

I am giving it the month. We'll just see how it goes.

Night all.

Bron, great news on the highchair - MJ sits in hers when i am in the kichen cooking so that she can look around at my height (so much better than the bouncer on the floor) and she loves it... We have a pot hanger over the benchs with saucepans and frying pans hanging on it and she loves looking at - its like another type of mobile! She does look really small in it at the moment, and i ended up getting some padding as she is so small and it is wooden - her head was resting on the bars!!!

How is your leg going? and your bloods, any better???

Shell - i wont introduce bread for a while yet, i think i will just leave her with the veggies and fruit for a little while til she gets the hang of it - also will do spelt bread first as it is easy on the tummy - i know a lot of people that have wheat allergies swap to spelt bread
    CHRISTMAS - OMG its coming up quickly - i dont think we will get too much for MJ this year - she will be more interested in the paper and boxes anyway
    Whats the talk on?

Skye - Let us know how the appointments go wont you? Did you g=find the date for Jaz's other one?

Have a great day girls - om off to the factory today, Mum is back so she and MJ will be playing all day

Bf going fine, i think the ducts on the bottom half were damaged and the ones up the top had to compensate. Went to the chiro yesterday and he used this fork thingy (haha not sure what its called) and he said i have either fractured or broken my ribs, my whole body from neck to knees were out of whack i was so sore last night, got summy checked too hoping he could help with the constipation, it was mainly her neck sore and her upper back between her sh blades are always tight from the way she is on her tummy pushing up and when he was feeling it it all popped so that was easy. She couldn't stop smiling and cooing at him was cute.

Danni, might be teeth causing nappy rash and the red marks on the back of the neck Summer gets that all the time, on her its like a heat rash it comes and goes and sometimes it looks really red and sometimes it is like little spots.

Gotta go kids are all in bed still, its going to be another mad dash to get them ready for school.

Morning girls,

I am soooo tired today, but feeling better after having a coffee..... I am always so tired once I wake up, I wonder how I will cope when I do go back to work..... I think I will just have to make sure I go to bed when DJ goes to bed so I am not so tired the following day.

SJ - yeah I agree, my husband and I are gluten intolerant so we provide all gluten free foods to DJ in solids. The teething rusks I have are gluten free as well. Doni has more problems with gluten than I do. I will just bloat up all over my body, break out in hives or get yeast infections. Ah the joys, Doni will be in alot of tummy pain from gluten though... So yeah, we will be doing the same with DJ since he may have the same problems as we do. And yeah christmas is coming. haha yeah I just need summer clothes for DJ since I don't have any so just want to layby some for christmas time. I only ever buy clothes for him when they are on sale. Oh and not sure what the talk is on, will find out at 10am, speaking of which I better get organised if I want to be walking down there.

Skye - oh coolies, I should look into the infant led feeding..... and on the pumpkin and sweet corn mash, DJ loved that. I have been getting a few small jars the only organic brand just to see if he likes it then I will make it myself. I made a big batch of sweet potato puree and he didn't like it at all, so I figure this way at least I know what he likes and then can make a batch.

Trina - omg you really hurt yourself take care of yourself sweetie. Good to hear the chiro did some wonders on you and Summer. I have to go back to my osteopath. My knees are playing up big time, but my back is sore etc and I think my hips might be out of wack and that is why my knees are always playing up. Hope you are feeling better sweets.

Danni - DJ can get red blotches on the back of his neck and it is caused from the velcro on the bibs.... It looks horrible but I figured that was the cause since it was the only thing on the back of his neck. So maybe that could be the same for Jazz

Another nice day in Sydney, walking down to the shops to hear this talk (not sure what it is on yet). Will get some new teats for DJ's bottles as well, he is much preferring the 3 teat over the 2 teats now. I suppose he is two weeks off being 6 months old. Decided to get his 6 month immunisation done while Doni is on leave and before I go back to work. It will only be 1 week early but at least if he gets sick I can deal with it while I am not at work.

Anyway better get cracking, take care everyone.

Shell xxx

Just got back from the MCHN. She agrees that its more than likely eczema on Jesse's back, not ringworm, but its not a big deal. I'll just take him back next time it happens & say Ha! told ya so! I probably won't say that, but anyway.
    Asked her about infand led solids. She wasn't to keen on the idea, but was ok with me starting to give a bit of rice cereals into him. I haven't told her he's been having bit here & there anyway.

Rang the paed office. Our appt is next Thursday. Glad I remembered now! I think I made it about 2 months or more ago. Gotta remember to ring her psycologist & let him know.

Trina - Hope your feeling better soon. Glad the chiro helped though. I must see one one day. I've had back problems since I was 12 & have never really done anything about it.

SJ On my ticker - 18weeks 6 days til christmas. Something I'd rather forget!

Danni - Jesse is getting nappy rash here & there too. I just make sure he gets plenty of air time. He's always had marks on the back of his neck though. Strawberry mark I think it is? A birth mark anyway. He's the first of my kids to have one.

Shell - I buy the 4 month ones & mix them with a bit of farex. I was doing it occasionally, but I'm gonna try doing it every night now. I tried fingers of pumpkin. That was funny. It was too mushy. He's getting the idea now though, so I might give him a bit to try again in the next few days.
    I will buy some vegies & make my own mash tomorrow.

OK. Gotta go ring this psyc & my mum. Guess what? My Mummy's coming to visit!! I can't wait!

Hi Girls,

Re the solids and milk discussion. When I introduced solids, Caitlin cut right back on her milk and the MCHN said that the milk was more important and to give her a full bottle (she still only takes 140 - 170ml per bottle) and then an hour later give her some solids. She has a bottle as soon as she wakes up and goes straight back to sleep for 2-3 hrs and then she has her 2nd bottle and then an hour later has Farex or kids weetbix for breakfast. Then 4 hours after her 2nd bottle she has another one and then an hour later she has either some fruit puree or valia baby yoghurt and then an hour after her next bottle she has mashed vegies - I made up a batch of potato, pumpkin and sweet potato and put it in the freezer in an ice cube tray. She eats about 2 ice cubes worth. Then to keep her happy while we are having our dinner she sits in her high chair at the table and sucks on a rusk. She has a final bottle before bed and as of last night she also has a serve of Farex after the last bottle as she has started night waking again and the paed said to try it and see if it helps her sleep through. It didn't last night but I will give it a few nights to see. I was giving her a roll over bottle in her sleep before I went to bed but that didn't seem to make any difference so we will see how the Farex feed goes.

I have only just tried Caitlin on #3 teats, they flow a little quick for her but I don't think it will take long for her to get used to it. I found that you could really hear her sucking with the #2 ones and she was starting to get more wind again so I think it was the teats causing it as she was sucking so hard!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast