Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Got Jesse's new cot today. I put it in Bri's room. We seperated the girls coz they won't go to sleep at the same time. He had his lunch time sleep in there today. He enjoys it in there. I'm leaving him in the porta cot in our room at night for a little while yet. Now he's started sleeping a bit better I'll think about moving him. Hopefully he'll start sleeping through again soon, so I'll do it then.
    Gtg. got visitors.

gotta make this a quick one...
    Prama - im pretty sure that if you feed Poopy and then have a glass it should be OK - apparetly it stays in your milk for about an hour or maybe 2 - same as it stays in your blood.
    I have had a couple of drinks now, i wait til MJ goes to bed then have a glass, by the time that she is due another feed (somewhere between 4-12 hours later depending on her night) its should be completely gone.
    If i have a glass before she goes to bed i have found that she will not settle properly - dont think she likes it - have only done it once and now just wont bother, its not worth the hassle for me

Trina - sorry that Summer is not settling - is this a new thing? i have fond that MJ is waking more now, i think maybe to do with the cold as she cant breath properly and also maybe a growth spurt - i also think that she is more thirsty due to the cold too.

Danni - hope you ahve a better night

Skye - Woo hoo on the cot

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I borrowed a friends vaporisor so I hope that will help Jazz to breath better tonight. She's in the rocker to sleep again so she's in a slightly seated position instead of laying flat on her back. She slept well at day care today.

I'm really heaps happier now that I'm working again. Don't get me wrong, I love Jazz to bits but I was really starting to not cope too well having to deal with her all day everyday if you know what I mean. I'm the sort of person who makes "to-do" lists (even if they are only in my head) and I like to get everything on the list done and I just wasn't able to while I was at home dealing with Jazz everyday. At least at work I can have my "to-do's" and get them done. Sure, it's a different type of to do and they're all work related. I'm still not getting my to do's for home done but I'm actually feeling a sense of achievement because I'm doing stuff at work. I think I made the right decision for me! The thought of going back full time was certainly more scary than actually doing it.

Hey. Yeah Jesse's drinking more through the day. But just drinking, not feeding.

I'm going to give the cot a go tonight. I just put him down. When & if he wakes for a feed I'll just put him in with us. We are sleeping in the lounge room at the moment anyway, so I'm not as paranoid about not hearing him. There's only a wall between his cot & our bed, but for some reason, being just as far away & through 2 open door ways is more reassuring for me.

I get what you mean Danni. Don't worry. I'm so backed up with washing that I can completely understand! Everyone is different. What works for some doesn't work for others. Some can't stand to go back to work ever again, but some need it. Not only for time with adults, but to feel better. iykwim? I get it anyway.
    Last edited by ~clover~; July 23rd, 2008 at 11:04 PM.

Skye, this may sound really dense... what s the diff between drinking and feeding??? are you giving him water to drink or have i missed something?

Hey girls,

Sorry been so busy lately. Had mothers group at my place yesterday - 9 babies in my loungeroom haha lucky i had a big loungeroom. Should have taken a photo actually. doh!!! It went well though. DJ was just one big drooling mess yesterday haha everything was soaking wet.... I am just washing some bibs at the moment, he had none left... the ones he did have left are too big for him.

Think DJ may be getting Doni's cold grrrrr he woke up coughing and sneezing and I had him sleeping next to me after his 6am feed and he was all sniffly when sleeping.... hopefully it won't get too bad.

Our big walk is this Sunday - 42km eeeeek I have been walking heaps though, still haven't got rid of my belly mind you, but my legs are definitely looking better. Plan to take breaks after every 10km haha should have it finished within 8-9 hours..... Was going to go for a walk today but weather doesn't look crash hot today. I am starting to feel a bit more fitter now though.

Trina - happy belated birthday - so sorry i missed it

Prama - yeah you are allowed to have a glass of wine after a breastfeed, that is what I was told anyway

Skye - how did you go with putting him in cot? Dj loves his cot

SJ - oh coolies on the swimming lessons I want to do that as well, must look into them. I know Doni wanted to take DJ to swimming lessons as well. Wonder if both parents can go along???

Danni - how is the job going?

Bron, Teach and others hope you are all well

Sorry it is a short one.

Shell xxx

SJ - when he feeds, he's full on feeding for 20 - 30 minutes every 2 - 3 hours. There are times inbetween when he just wants a quick 5 minutes. I have given him a bit of water in a bottle, but he just chews on it.

Shell - I did leave him in there, but he did wake 3 times through the night. We were going good & he went down around 7.30, but we had visitors, so when one of the kids accidentally woke him up, he wanted to come out & play. It worked out OK though. I think once he gets used to the different surroundings it'll be good.

Hi all,
    It is just so cold in Perth atm. Paddy wakes at about 4am every morning because he gets cold. I take him to bed with me, best hot water bottle ever!

Danni I thought if the kids were sick they couldn't go to day care? My niece has been sent home before.

I hope you're all enjoying your babies because once they become teenagers they are a pita. My two are pretty good but god do they love to argue about nothing in particular. Luckily by the time Paddy is a teenager I'll be to old and senile to care and I can send him off to his siblings to sort out.

Trina can't remember if you're using cloth or not but Paddy is a heavy wetter so I feel your pain. I use a BBH with a microfibre booster and a wool cover or a Lou Lou night nappy. A lanolised wool cover will work over sposies as well. I've got a pair of long pants that are great. The wool stops the moisture and neutralises the smell. HTH

Hey again girls

A regular posting from me today with this cold and rainy weather haha

Portacots/travel cots - do you have one and which one do you have? I am looking at the Phil & Teds Traveller which is on sale at Babies Galore or the Kinderkot. Just trying to work out which is better. I am thinking I should spend the little extra on Phil & Teds so he can also play in it as well as sleep. We will be going away in December and will be sitting around a pool so that might be the best one to get so we are not always looking out for him.....Just wanted to find out if anyone else has a travel/portacot and if so which one.

Attachment parenting - I have started a bad habit, which I don't mind but lately when I am around he won't sleep unless I have him in my arms with a blanket over his body and his blankie teddy next to him and dummy in mouth..... I need to start weaning him off this during the day because once I go back to work child care workers won't do that..... Any advice?? I am sooo bad, he is just so snug and I enjoy having him in my arms falling asleep.

Skye - I hate it when kids wake up the baby haha we have a friend of ours who has the most cutest little girl 5 yo and she just wants to hold him all of the time but we keep trying to remind her he needs to sleep...haha she still sneaks into his room.

Teach - it is super cold in Sydney too - babies are so warm and snug - i love snuggling up to DJ.

well better go, chat later
    Shell xxx

Thanks teach was thinking of maybe trying a cover we are using sposies, she was completely wet twice last night all the way to her singlet the nappy isn't too full it just leaks out the section of the nappy that doesn't have filling on the side it doesn't happen during the day just night it's so frustrating poor thing wakes up cold and wet so i have to change her then she is fully awake.

Shell we don't have a portacot have used one in the past go and see how easy they are to put up and down as the one i had years ago was the biggest PITA it was horrible. I know what you mean loving snuggling with them Summer is in bed with me every morning, she is loving it too i think nice and warm and she can have a feed too what more would a baby want? It usually only takes a couple of days to break bad habbits but can be a very long few days IYKWIM.

I have to get ready for work it is so cold and miserable here i just want to bum on the couch, Summy woke up quite a few times again and having to fully change her twice i am totally exhausted.

Anyone scared of getting pg again? I still haven't had AF so no idea where i'm at and we have only DTD once and knowing my luck............ Scary thought really.

thanks for all your reply on alcohol. it's been ages!

teach - ppl say poopy is calm and quiet, and my response is I hope he's like that when he's a teenager.
    i think it's good contraceptive for teenagers to look after a baby, and im sure your other kids will turn into you when paddy's a teenager and have to look after him. and they will know exactly how you feel now!

shell - we have a kinderkot that we've hardly used. i like it but the downside is bendign down to pick bub up, and a bit hard to checkon them as it;s on the floor. but it looks comfortable and is only 3kgs to carry around and comes w a sleeping bag for when they are older. but we ahvent used it much so cant say how poopy sleeps in it.

all that kms!! you've probably lost a lot of weight. woo hoo! with that distance we wont see you on BB much!

good point abt attachment parenting.
    during the day i pat him to sleep, maybe i should change that sometime soon as next feb he will start day care. he used to fall asleep when i put hm in his bouncer but cries now. at night, he's ok sleeping in his bassinet. but then he gets sleepy when i give a booby good night feed.
    hmmmm. things to think abt.

trina - has your dh made an appointment to get snippety snip yet?

No appointment he is useless and asks why i haven't made it for him. I keep offering to do it myself with kitchen scissors, esp when he annoys the crap out of me. Cut pic of poopy in your sig.

Teach - PSML you are too funny!! MJ wakes at 4am i think maybe from the cold too - it was 13.7 in her room this morning... she needed a feed must be using more to keep herself warm... hve added more blankets thou

How many blankets is everyone else using... i just cant get my head around the sleeping bgs, still need to have her in sheets and blankets etc - silly i know

Shell - we have the Kindakot... its great to put up and down, havent used it much though, but when we did she slept in it fine... very light weight and so compact which is great.

with putting DJ down if you find that he wakes, it is possible cos of the change in temp... MJ use to fall asleep on me all the time and we both loved it
    Now when i out her down i put a wheat bag in the microwave for 2 mins and pop it in bed or where ever she is going to go down to and warm it up... she smiles when she its the warmth and stays asleep now.

gotta go, she wanting me... she calls ... meme mamamamma mememea i kow its not really Mummy but i like to think so

trina - that would be jsut like loretta bobbit!

sj - meme mamamamma mememea is sooo cute. hehe sounds like a fire engine, but i think she's calling for you!

my little man has been grabbing his 'bit's for the last couple of weeks whenever im changing his nappy, and i think to myself, so this is how early they start and he'll be doing that for the rest of his life! :P

oh, im going to start poopy's swim classes in october, at the homebush olympic park. we'll miss this semester. it's 10$ per class for 10 weeks and it's water familiarisation etc.
    Last edited by prama; July 24th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

So far we haven't had a problem with Jazz being at daycare even though she's a bit sick. Almost didn't send her today coz she has a gunky eye. I rang the daycare lady to check if we should leave her home or not but she said it should be fine. On Wednesday at the centre she slept for most of the afternoon and was still sleeping when we picked her up. We'll wait and see what happens tomorrow. If she has to stay home or be picked up early then Matt will have to take care of her.

The swimming lessons here they have to be 6 months old before they can start. It is heaps of fun they love it..

It is soooo wet here today Summy got up early this morning and is now back in bed asleep I will probably have to wake her up to take the girls to school, i don't like waking her up poor little thing i might stay in today and let her catch up on some sleep i need to catch up on the washing i need bloody gumboots and umbrella to get to the laundry though....

Prama LOL so true they are obsessed with their bits from a very early age.

Unhappy

I cant wait to take WIll for swiming lessons either I am a real water baby and hope he likes it too.
    For those of you worried about day care and what your babies do any good centre or carer should be abel to incorporate your babies sleep and settling routines at least in the begining and the kids usual adjust to the centres routine as time goes by.Its something I knwo at our centre we feel really strongly about to help both baby and mum settleinto care. Shell I am like you I have always rocked WIll to sleep in my arms all swaddled an with his dummy becasue I liked him close now I can read his tired signs so well and he has a pretty good routine so I have taken to 3 or 4 quick pats on the bum and lay him in the bassient and %90 of the times he settles himself. Sometimes I think its harder for us to give up things than for them. Good luck with DJ
    Danni hope jazz is ok always agood idea to let the carers know how her night has been or if she is unwell will save you a phone cal during the day from staff if they know its just becasue she has had arough night, sometimes gunky eyes arent contagious and they can be sent to care if they are being treated.Jazz is sure to pick up lots of germs at care too unfortunatley its part of it all.
    Trina hows your horse going? can you send the rain up this way we really need it bummer about your laundry being outside.
    Cant tell you the difference in our household since hubby started his new job..the other one left a really nasty taste in our mouths so to speak.Our morning routine has changed a little though as I have to drive him to work as we no longer have a company car so bundling WIll up in the cold at 7.30 isnt much fun but we should get a runaround soon.

My boy is trying to sit himself up all the time so am going to have to get a highchair sooner than leter as he isnt much into the floor anymore I have to bring the pram in and sit him in that. He is growing way too fast :-(
    Ok off to do some chorse have to go into town today to recvie my long service award from work and have afternoon tea which will be nice.
    Hope you are all well
    Bron xx
    Last edited by india44; July 25th, 2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Chinese typing

Prama - Already!! Jesse hasn't even tried to reach his yet. Maybe in the next few weeks though. Something to look forward to!

Shell - The porta cot I have is a Seseme Street one. It was given to me brand new. A woman bought it for her daughter, but the daughter didn't want it, so I got it. It's pretty plain. No toys or bassinette or change thing like I had on the girls one. I paid about $200 for the one I had for the girls.

I've been trying really hard to get Jesse to put him self to sleep.
    I wrap him & go put him in his cot as soon as he's showing signs of being tired, give him his dummy & walk out.
    He usually starts winging, but I leave him til he's actually crying before I go in. Sometimes he'll just go to sleep after a bit of a winge, but usually he just gets louder.
    I go in & try to give him his dummy & just settle him, but it only lasts a few minutes. I go in 2 or 3 times & walk out each time.
    Then I'll pick him up & walk or rock him til he's completely settled. I try to put him down before he falls asleep, but sometimes he beats me.
    If he's still not asleep I will usually feed him just to get him asleep. By this time I'm too tired. Only if I can't walk or rock him to sleep. Sometimes it just won't work.

I'm trying to decide now what I want to do with my life. My sisters been seeing a social worker & told me what she's doing for her & I think I'd really like to do the same thing.
    I'm going to start looking into it, but I have to decide how to do it. I might see if I can do the courses through OTEN so I don't have to go to Tafe. Then maybe I'll put Jesse into daycare one or two days a week while I do the work.
    I'm going to look into it. I think I'll wait til he's 6 months. But then if I don't do it, I might never do it.
    OK going to the Tafe/OTEN web site now.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast