Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008

we still havent DTD either. were going to then got sick. maybe this weekend as it's dH's birthday. he's on training w his other colleagues who are down fr melbourne. so they have a big dinner tonight. dh feels bad but i told him to go enjoy it. i cant help feeling envious tho.. i so miss having a relaxing dinner without any worry. even if i was out w/o bub, i'd still be thinking about him and wanting to go back and not relax.

SJ - it is scarry.. take care hun.. how long ago was DTD, if you dont mind me asking,

trina - summer must have been feeling better after that release but thats terrible of the creche to just leave her!! did they say anything oor did they pretend it just happened? i hope you said something.
    maybe you could get some takeaway and take it easy tonight.

ania - i missed your post. glad joshi is doing well. he looks normal to me. yeah thats what they siad to me as well. sometimes either weight or height changes. poopy's at 56 but was born 49cm. he was born 2.9kg but went down to 2.8x and now is 4.6, so he is a tiny boy. i cant wait to go next week and see what he weights. his weight increase seems to go down every time i go, hopefully next time will be more that 150g.
    Last edited by prama; May 15th, 2008 at 04:22 PM.

Hey Prama - i forgot to mention i had Dr Daniel Lin at Westmead grrrrrrrrrrrrrr how is poopy doing?

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I use a pumpkin patch sleeping bag. They have massively long sleeves and Jazz has long arms but they only go half way down the sleeves so her hands never get cold.

She's having a nap again so I should cook some dinner. I managed to have a nap for half an hour while I was sitting in a chair feeding Jazz in front of the TV. Feel tons better.

Matt asked today when we can DTD so even though it's not going to be easy for him to get in the mood coz of the meds, he's keen to try in a couple of weeks. He's scared of making me hurt though. Sweet of him to think of me I guess.

Prama - DTD on Tuesday - i guess we were making up for lost time, DH wouldnt come near me when i was pg, oh i feel so silly!

Trina - whats up? what has got you so angry, was it Summer being left in the napp? you havent sounded good for a couple of days.

Danni - goodluck :wink:

Prama - DTD on Tuesday - i guess we were making up for lost time, DH wouldnt come near me when i was pg, oh i feel so silly!

Trina - whats up? what has got you so angry, was it Summer being left in the napp? you havent sounded good for a couple of days.

Danni - goodluck :P
    Last edited by Sammiejane; May 15th, 2008 at 06:05 PM.

Nothing too bad SJ, just lots of little things going wrong this week. One of the soccer team manager has really pee'd me off this week, her and the coach are giving one award out at the end of the year on a points system they are only 6 for goodness sake giving out one award is pretty silly they are only little kids and to say only one is worthy of a trophy is mean and unfair. She then she sent a txt message around to all parents which was directed to me saying stop talking behind my back WTF??? not really a biggie but i was just letting my guard down with all the women cos i don't really put myself in a situation as every time some sort of *****iness comes into play so now i am just going to go back to keeping to myself.

I have been going to the gym, riding my horse, going to pilates and it's just depressing that i feel so fat still, i have been going up on the scales i know its probably muscle but it just sh*ts me that i have to work so bloody hard to lose weight even before pg i had to eat like a rabbit to see any results, just riding my horse and gym today i burnt 1500 calories????

Starting work in a couple of weeks and i barely get through the week as it is just so busy but i desperately need the money.

Sorry all for the whinge just every day something has happened, i can hardly move cos i have pulled a muscle or something in my back between my shoulders and i am meant to be having a jumping lesson with a pro on Sat ARRRRGGGGHH!!!!

Anyway thanx for that hopefully i will feel better after that dribble.

And re the nappy at creche, they kinda pretended they didn't know but when i picked her up she said oh the change table isn't here plus i could smell it straight away.

I might go have a cuppa and go to bed.

I really think i am going to enjoy a change in scenery and some time off next week

Oh Trina, IKWYM with the weight, i hate not feeling nice too... weight is always hard for me and to make matters worse DH (could change the acronym here) told me that he hates my flobby arms this morning and had be in tears (thanks you ar*e) I have walked 5 days last week and 4 so far this week and a bit of support wouldnt go astray.
    What a b*tch at the soccor, i could understand if there was a massive team having a tropy, but with just 6 kiddies, it is a bit unfair.
    I cant imagine what it must be like for you, you must be so buggered at the end of each day. Going to work will be tough, whats happening with Summer, is your Mum still around (or did she move already?) or will she be going to day care?
    Yep hopefully enxt week is beautiful and the girls sleep the whole way in the car and there are no arguments

To the other girls, i have been meaning to say this for a few days, but i cant seem to write it with out it sounding wrong... (so dont take offence if it reads that way) it sucks that you didnt get mothers day cards, that would have been sad for you, but men are so different to us and dont really think... DH did do the card thing, but on the flip side i get very little help with anything... cos Molly is totaly BF every feed is up to me, and DH cant change pooy nappies, he trys but he gags the whole way through... the weekends i get a bit of help, but nothing like you guys... so it sort of evens out in a way. Also DH had no time off when MJ was born, sometimes i get a bit jealous of you girls

trina - that woman is a cow! they are only little kids.. why do this, they have to feel good about themselves and as a team. it is a team sport after all.

gee, with the nappy change, if it happens again, give them a scare. bring up some OH&S stuff about how uncleaned poo can make the other kids sick, and they will be held liable.

SJ - im so sorry, i hope i didnt make you feel bad. i know i say that Steve's really good in helping around the house and with Poopy. I do apologise if i made you feel bad.. sorry, hun. xoxoxox. i know i shouldnt complain about a little card, he does everything and it's so much more than a little card.
    i hope you're feeling better about the scare this afternoon.

fat! i feel like bloody Jabba the Hut. I havent lost anything. im exercisng and started lite n easy. i feel depressed about it, sometimes i think i will never go back to my old weight.
    last sat when we went to the beach, a friend said as soon as she saw me ' whatever happened to the skinny prama' this is a woman in her 50s who has 2kids. you'd think she'd know what pg was like. tho as long as ive know her (about 4.5yrs, she's been very skinny)
    and one thing im not looking forward about going back is that the weather will be warm so i have to wear my summer clothes which hardly fit. i cant hide behind layers. i have to dig out all my stuff and see what fits.
    also my family is not subtle about telling you how you look. im sure my relos will readily point out how fat i am. they do that everytime i go back, you've put on a bit of weight since your last visit etc. my cousin who's bigger than me, tho she's not fat, she's very toned and big boned, always was told that she was fat since we were kids, and i was always told how dark i was. indian families have this thing about the lighter skin you are the better/better looking you are. same thing, each time i go back, comments about what shade my skin colour is. it's no wonder i grew up with an inferiority complex and lots of securities. and one of the things they asked when poopy was born was what shade he was! and im sure there will be lots of comments about that when they see him. they will be pleased that he's light skinned, more like steve and not like me. that really really hurts.

just put poopy in bed and im going to go to bed too. waiting for steve to come home from his work dinner. i miss him! first time one person has been to a social event and the other is at home. i guess there will be more nights like this. he said if i didnt want him wont go. i told him to go and have a good time with his work mates plus it's his birthday tomorrow.
    poopy is doing sleepy weepy. better go see what he has to say!
    night night girls!

Prama - Complain away about the card, really i would be devestated if i didnt get one, please dont apologise about that, i shouldnt have written it, was just trying to let you know that they are not bad partners, inconsiderate - Yes, they should have known how special your first Mothers day was - but at least you are getting help IYKWIM You didnt make me feel bad at all... sorry i shouldnt have written it

Thats awful that the colour of your skin is a judgement - as if it makes a difference as to who you are! you poor thing. Anyway, its only been what 3 months since you have Lakshman, what do they expect... we are not celebrities that have nannies to do everything for our babies, nor do we have personal trainers that will whip our butts into shape!

oh no sj- dont feel bad about writing it.. it's what you feel and im glad you did.
    i think we've come together a long way, and we've become friends. and we can talk about these things xoxox

yeah, that sux about skin colour. they are so pedantic about the shade of your colour more than anything. it's an asian/subcontinent mentality. they sell skin lightening products the same way they sell skin tanning products here!

had a bad night, for some reason couldnt sleep till 1am, then poopy kept grizzling at 4.30am so went to tuck him back in, and he woke and was hungry, so fed him till 5.30. had a bit of sleep and he was grizzling from 6.30, and did his im hungry cry at 8. i can never sleep when he's grizzly cos im waiting for his im hungry cry.
    talk soon xoxo

Well I have worked out what has given DJ really bad wind - full cream milk..... We ran out of lactose free or skim milk at home so I had to use the full cream which normally gives me an upset tummy and wind and now DJ is suffering because of it - really tense and upset tummy and farting all of the time. Been using Infants Friend to relieve the pain for him etc I am starting to wonder if DJ is lactose intolerant because I have a mild lactose intolerance...... Going to ask paed on Wed at our apt.

Ania - I couldn't breastfeed 30 mins on each side he comes off well before then and latches on and off.... So do you breastfeed for an hour all up???

Trina - that is terrible of the creche, like you couldn't notice a pooy nappy.

Losing weight - I have been walking everyday this week or mums and bubs class and feel like my belly just won't budge - I have bought some shapewear which makes me feel better. My legs are starting to thin out but belly, back and arms are taking alot longer. I wanted to go for another walk again today but looks like a miserable day outside so don't like my chances.

SJ - we have been DTD for a while now, not everyday but at least once-a-week and no contraception, just relying on the 'getting out before the train stops' method haha and that has always worked for us except of course when we conceived so just being extra careful.

Prama - that was terrible of that woman to say that to you I would have been upset as well from that. When I went out last week with friends, one looked at my belly and then said don't worry I have one too, and I was kind of hoping people would say 'wow you look great for someone who had a baby 9 weeks ago'. Hopefully tomorrow night with my new shapewear I will get some nicer comments kehehee

Well girls, hope you are all well, I am off to make myself a cuppa (with lactose free milk) after I finish my yoghurt..... Trying to be super healthy today for DJ

Take care
    Shell xxxx

Prama just wear a t shirt that says "I"m not fat I've just had a baby!" Love Poopy's new photo BTW. I'm sure your family will be too busy looking at him to worry about your size - well for a couple of hours at least.

Trina maybe you should go by how your clothes feel rather than the scales, especially if you excercise heaps. Since having to be on a sctrict diet during my pregnancy (diabetes) I can tell you the only way to lose weight is to control your portion sizes. Well for me anyway. I make sure I don't eat too many carbs in one hit. A good rule is half the plate is veg, quarter carb and quarter protien. I've got a small chinese rice bowl that I use to measure out my carbs because it's too easy to eat too much. Also I try to only eat one snack between meals that is around 100 calories. This means I can eat anything, including chocolate! Know what you mean re:sport. Some people need to get over themselves.

Good luck to all those girls trying out routines. I find Paddy is more settled if I feed him when he is hungry. If he has to wait (coz we're in the car) it takes him much longer to settle and he will usually cluster feed instead of playing or going to sleep.

Have a great day. I"m off to my new lounge (soft and squishy recliner) for a short rest before Paddy wakes.

shell - well done on exercising. i might go for a walk today, it's gotten warmer today.
    it's interesting how normal milk changes into your milk and it has it's original components.
    i bf for about 40mins. he doesnt really come off, he starts to nibble at the end.
    hehe - i like the train description!

teach - thanks! people are just so insensitive arent they.

sydney girls - anyone going for the preg, baby and children expo at homebush tomorrow?
    hehe im going to check things out, pluss the nappies!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Last night for the first time in ages I managed to have a decent sleep. Over the past few weeks I have had insomnia (again) even though Jazz has been sleeping well. I just haven't been able to switch off. This morning I didn't feel exhausted when I woke up.

Thanks Prama - yeah it is absolutely beautiful outside couldn't resist It is great to walk with the pram and it makes him go to sleep most of the time.

I am not going to the expo tomorrow, I wanted to but we won't have time. Going to drop DJ off at mums around 1pm and then heading to hotel to check-in can't wait to go out tomorrow night - our first night away from DJ. It will be very hard but we really need the break. My mum is soooo excited about looking after him. I have 6 expressed feeds in the freezer ready for mum, and just need to pump out one more feed which I will do this afternoon while he is sleeping Not only do I have to get our stuff together to take to hotel but I have to get DJ's stuff together, so washing a heap of nappies in the morning.

well girls have a super day xxx

Morning... Its quiet in here!

Shell - IKWYM about wanting a nice comment or too. I think celebrities that slim down super fast mean that it is an expectation for us... its only been 11 weeks and considering that i think i look OK - im far from happy, but given the circumstances think im OK - would it kill people to make a nice comment once in a while???
    Does your lactose intolerance mean that you have to be completly dairy free, or just stear away from the full cream stuffs. From what i understood, if a bubs was lactose intolerant they would not be able to tolerate breast milk as it is full of it too -

Prama - hae fun at the Expo, its not on till October here i think i loved the freebees and all the nappy bargins at the last one, ill be saving for our one!!!

Trina - hope you are feeling better

Teach - yeah feed on demand thats me - the milk factory!
    I caught up with girlfriends the other day and one has a bub 2 weeks older than mine, she does rountine feeding, they couldnt believe that i would whip the girls our when she needed a feed instead of making her wait.... when their bubs needed a feed, it had to grizzle and cry for ages until it was the 3 hr mark - i dont see the point of upsetting Molly for my convienece!!!

shell - hope you're having a wonderful time!! how wonderful.

sj - my routine isnt fixed time, so i guess it's not really routine. lol.
    im not comfortable feeding in public but there have been times lakshman was hungry and i feed him anyway. it breaks my heart to see in cry of hunger. this is just my opinion and no offense to anyone strictly routine feeding their bub, or your friends, sj. we all dont eat at the same time everyday, we dont have lunch at sharp 12 o'clock every single day. sometimes we get hungry in between and have little snacks, sometimes we dont. I mean, how would we feel if we were hungry and someone wouldnt want to give you food or you had no access to food. I just think that's how it is for babies too. i guess i grew being taught that the biggest sin is to deny a hungry person food.

yeah - true, shell it would be nice for ppl to give a nice comment about how you look after having a baby. the lady not only said whatever happened to the skinny prama but also you didnt look that big the last time i saw you. this was in october and i was about 5mths pg. i still had a while to go!
    and today at yoga class, there was a new lady, she looked like she was in her late20s and was fit and trim. i thot she looked really good, tummy flat as flat and all. most of the ppl in my class are in the 40s onwards. then my teacher asked me to practise a pose at home and i jokingly said im a bit pre-occupied these days and she told the class i had a baby 3mths ago. and then she said thsi new lady had a baby 12 weeks ago. my jaw dropped and everyone went wow what a body etc. I'm sure they didnt mean to compliment her and make me feel bad.
    but i was so upset and felt like a real pig and cried driving back home. i feel like i'll nver lose this extra weight.

I rang my aunt yesterday to wish her a belated happy mothers day. i knew i was going to get asked this but i thot they'd wait till i went back to KL. she asked me, so.. when are you planning for #2!! i said 'i can get over having #1 first and learning to be a mother' and then she goes ' you know, age is catching up on you' i love my aunt but very often she doesnt think!!!

the expo was ok. i was tired and really annoyed with ppl not looking where they were going and banging into you with their prams. we didnt go to all the stalls. i got some bright stars educational activity toys and a couple of books. there some baby food freebies too. oh the Tresillian stall had some good brochures on settling and routines for newborns to toddlers.
    too many ppl. i did a lot of walking but i dont think it wil help me lose weight..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast