Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008

Gee is quiet in here - where is everyone???????????????????

Prama, i was thinking the same thing!

Got an email from Nina today, she went everywhere on your list except the caves, would have liked to but ran out of time... did some shopping for 'fakes' got a bag for me i think and some little outfits for MJ (she is going to be spoilt i know it!!!) they are of climb a volano tomorrow (not sure if still in KL or somewhere else in indo)

Prama, do you know how to make chai that doesnt tsate weak? I have some teabags, and its awful if i make it with water, not sure if i can add the bags to boiling milk or not... thanks

Hi all,

Ive had a pretty busy few days, had a show jumping lesson on my horse yesterday it was his first outing and he was a little mental he got so worked up that we were going sideways for most of the time i guess its from not really getting out much since he was a race horse and it must have been stressful for him.

Also soccer games here and there I know its all about them having fun but am so sick of teams having older kids playing, under 12's and there were kids that looked 14 in there and they were just knocking every one over to get to the ball, one girl knocked codie off her feet and she was crying but stayed on and finished the game. It happens in all our games Paige played 8 year olds yesterday she is only 6. They put better players in the lower grades too which is unfair. Oh well at least i tell them how fabulous they are at soccer and call them my soccer stars.....

Started getting organized to go away, cleaned the girls rooms they actually helped which has been a fairly regular thing SHOCK HORROR!!!! So the house is clean so i can get clothes ready and pack, we are leaving 5am Wed.

Summer has been really unsettled the last two mornings like she has wind, she has done a few horrid poo's then feels better after but then the wind comes back again so not sure if it is a growth spurt or wind??

Chris is back and it is so much more work with him here sounds mean but he makes me feel bad that the house isn't spotless and the garden has weeds, the first thing he said when he got home was 'why isn't the wheely bin out the back?' I shouldn't expect any thing more than that from him really.

Prama why do people think they can say those things to you?? you are beautiful and have amazing skin don't listen to them!!!! Easy said i know.... Funny how people think it's ok to comment on your weight, skin, or when you are having another baby or if you are going to keep trying for a boy.

SJ and Prama, its hard re the weight thing, it hasn't been very long though it gets so frustrating though it goes on so easy but is a bit** to get off... I feel like i have finally lost a tiny bit around my tummy but now i've said that i'm sure ill feel fat as ever in the next few days. I work really hard at the gym and i really didn't want to focus on the weight as that usually makes things worse.

Must go summer is on the floor gym with no pants on hehe
    Back later
    Trina xoxox

Hi girls,

sj - glad your sis got to go to those places. i forgot tell about about indian restaurants where they serve your meal on banana leafs. oh yeah, fakes are great! cant wait to hear what mj got! there arent any volcanos in m'sia, must be indo.

not sure too about chai! i've always seen it put into boiling milk tho, with sugar. ive never made it myself. i make the usual tea and have bought a masala mix, it's got spices and stuff and just add it on to tea.

trina - you've been really busy. so glad you're having a holiday!! it will be a good break. i hope you get some time off. sorry to hear dH isnt helping with things, around the house. will he look after the girls if you're busy with other stuff.

how's your horsey doing, sounds like he's a bit better?

gee, i hope the girl who knocked codie over got a yellow card at least!

thanks sj, trina for your kind words. i know ppl are so insensitive, they dont think and just hurt your feelings and if you tell them to mind their own business they get so upset! stuff like colour and all gave me a lot of issues, i was bullied in school because of it. i guess that's why i got depressed easily. anyway, i have my first appt with my councillor tomorrow night. i'll see how it goes.
    staying w my parents also gets me down. they dont like each other and ive always had to be the adult in their relationship even as a little child. i hope with poopy there, they will focus on him and not perpetually finding fault with each other.
    i started sorting his clothes to take, and there's a lot. im taking different sizes cos i dont know how big he will be in that 2 mths.

poopy is doing a sleepy weepy.. see you all tom
    xoxoxoxxo

Morning girls,

We had our night away on Saturday and I had the best time DJ was fine with my mum in fact she loved looking after him for a full night. By the time I got to bed I had a full 5 hours of non-interrupted sleep - it was wonderful!!! Waking up with no baby crying, ahhhh so nice and we went out for breakfast in the morning and it was soooo nice but then I started to rush things coz we had to pick-up DJ and have his next feed ready to go. I had expressed 2 feeds before I started to drink any alcohol so that way I didn't have to worry the following day so all good. It was sooooo nice to get away for the night, and be a couple for once and not a mummy and catch-up with our friends. They all commented on how good I was looking so that was great to hear, I had worn my shapewear slip thing so it obviously did what I wanted it to do - hold the flabby belly in kehehee

We have our paed apt finally on Wednesday so plan to ask him about DJ's wind, he really suffers badly from it. I have tried cutting out things from my diet, but the list of vegetables they say to cut out have so many good nutrients for me so why should I cut them out especially when I love them.

Prama - What kind of tips did Tresilian give you on settling techniques at their expo stall? Anything wortwhile?? I won't be at class this morning, DJ has a blocked nose and a bit of a cough so want to keep him indoors today and plus I have too much to do, desperately need groceries and have to clean the house. We have friends coming over for dinner tonight so need to make sure the house looks respectable.

Trina - I know your pain, DJ gets really bad wind and has done so since he was 2 weeks old and that is what makes him so unsettled. Infants Friends works well and makes him fart heaps. I am going to talk to paed on Wednesday about it.

SJ - just can't handle full cream milk so I just drink lactose free milk at home and skim milk when out and about. Yeah I wonder about the breast milk - will ask paed on Wednesday and see what he thinks. Still has bad wind so who knows might not be from full cream milk. Who knows hey?

Well I better get cracking and get to supermarket.

Speak soon
    Shell xxxx

Hi Grls - sorry ive gone AWOL - just been busy with little bub and hubby -since the weekend is really the only time i see him..... wow alot to catch up on....

Prama - i went to the expo as well onSAT with my sisterinlaw and motherinlaw - it was great although i heard that last year there were more freebies.... i think i got a bit excited as i bought a slink (which i ended up BF joshi whilst walking or else the roof would of come down), a wedge (good for colic, cold and flus etc) and a BF shirt....apat from that i thought it was OK..... i went in the arvo so it wasnt too busy and missed the morning rush.

Tina - re: awards my hubby played soccer adn did little athletic and there too was only a few awards - but you know what his mum did cause similarly to ur felings (its not really fair as they are just kids) she made little awards herself which she printed off and past them around when the mothers got together...its funny cause one of allen's friends still has one of those awards and he is in his 30s... might give it a go

Shell - u dont want to know how long i BF for - sometimes no word of a lie - 2hrs...for the 1st time today he didnt want the nipple shield and fed with them - it wasnt too bad for me either.... i just hope that he will put on the weight its really concerning me but the community nurse and ped. said its OK but im seeing other bubs his age weighing 2kg more all i can justify is he is very long.... it still gets to me.

sorry grls will finish comments to everyone else later - bub back frmo a walk with mum and need to feed.... take cares.

Aniaxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ania View Post
    Shell - u dont want to know how long i BF for - sometimes no word of a lie - 2hrs...for the 1st time today he didnt want the nipple shield and fed with them - it wasnt too bad for me either.... i just hope that he will put on the weight its really concerning me but the community nurse and ped. said its OK but im seeing other bubs his age weighing 2kg more all i can justify is he is very long.... it still gets to me.
    Wow 2 hours!!!! Does he actually stay latched on for that long? Did you tell the community nurse that he stays on that long? That is amazing..... DJ breastfeeds for about 20 mins, all depending and sometimes I can get a 5 min feed done which is nice but then he is hungry earlier though.

quick one, so buggered today.

shell - so happy you had a wonderful wonderful time! you must feel really refreshed! sorry DJ isnt well, hope he gets better.
    i got some brochures, i'll bring it to show you next week. we did hills today, it was hard work

ania - i might have seen you there but dont know what you look like. haha
    re feeding: initially i was feeding 1.5hrs all together and my GP and the LCs said bub takes must milk in the first 10-15 mins only, after that it's just very very little. So not to feed so long. it wont increase my milk. the LCs said it's better to feed for a shorter period cos they get what they want and will get hungry quicker and you will feed more often and increase your supply.
    i still have problems telling if he's finished cos often he doesnt pull back. he just continues to nibble.
    so i watch the clock sometimes. 20mins each side. i still top up w formula cos he's always hungry.

ok. going to bed. will write more tomorrow.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I was going to write a long post about how I have to look for a job right now because our rent is increasing by $30 a fortnight in July (got a letter today). I'll write the rest of that post in the section about rental properties.

But I'm really upset that I have to go back to work already. I'm not ready but I don't have a choice in the matter any more coz of the stupid landlords!

Prama - yeah it was good to get out and I was bummed i missed the class yesterday but just wanted to keep DJ indoors, no longer has a blocked nose, seems to have cleared up which is good but still has a small cough. I will probably go to class today instead and just make sure DJ is all rugged up and doesn't get a chill.

Would be great to see the brochures but we have Tresillian coming to present at our mothers group meeting tomorrow so they may have the same brochures there.

Doni is off to Adelaide tonight for an overnighter and back tomorrow, so not too bad. A big trip next week though, leaves Sunday for New Zealand and back the following Saturday. That will be a hard week, going to get mum to come over and give me a break a few nights next week.

Ok girls, better go, chat soon, hope you are all well.

Shell xxxx

HI girls
    We have the first of our snotty noses and its makign sleeping so hard for poor WIll. He gets that post nasal drip and you can hear him cough and snort tyring to get it up. Have had to prop him up in bed and put on of the sleep support things in so he doesnt roll over it realy helps being propped up though We are also having to suck out his nose every feed poor little buggar its upsetting but he is almost used to it now. How can such a little boy produce so much snot. He is stilreally happy and feeding ok( suprisingly enough) I just hate to see him struggle breathing and snuffling.
    We to stayed indoors yesterday sometimes its nice to just potter sleep lay on the floor with him and play andno thave to rush off anywhere sorry no personals have to getwashing done before he wakes.
    Hope u r are all well
    Bron xx

Bron - that is what I had to deal with yesterday with DJ, we got rid of so much snot from his nose with the Little Fess and I was wondering the same thing, how can a little baby boy produce so much snot haha DJ's nose is clearer today thankfully but after my mums and bubs class I am going to stop off and see the doctor just in case. He has no temperature or anything so nothing to worry about but my mum said to take him to the doctor just in case. He seems happy enough Hope Will feels better soon.

hi abt to run out to mums group.
    lakshman has had snot since day 1. it's become a ritual now, cleaning his nose. lol!

morning girls,
    Bron and Shell, sorry to hear that your ittle ones are suffering with colds and blocked noses
    Molly has the snuffles too... probaly cos this weekend was so awful, also over the last 2 weeks i have taken her for a walk each day, maybe being couped up didnt help, going to walk today.
    Was saying to DH that we are going to have to watch her carefully, she is one of those babies that doesnt cry or complain much at all, i am sure that she has reflux, but doesnt cry with it, she coughs and gags a lot, it will be harder to know if she is not feeling well as she just puts up with it.

Shell, sorry that Doni is off on business again, it must be hard... nice when he gets back thou, maybe he can bring you something to make up for Mothers day

Trina - are you excited yet???? holidays tomoroow!!!! WOOO HOOO I hope Chris has helped you a little in getting ready, having 4 kiddies to pack for would be so full on.
    IKWYM about the comments, i get them all the time sometimes i reckon it would be better if we went out to work for a cople of days and they had a role reversal, i bet there would be no dinner, the dishes would be in the sink and MJ would still be in her wondersuit!!!

Great news, when we were filling out the paperwork for MJ for tax benefit we discovered that we should have been getting some $ for DSS (the shared care part) anyway we could put in for back pay (would have been nice to have the whole 9 years but only allowed to claim for 2 years) anyway, we got $750 yesterday! its always nice to get money that you are not expecting Anyway, i am gong to out it to good use, i am going to get curtains for the house (we just have venitians) which will help wth keeping the cold out. I am wraped - DH wants to buy a wii with the money so have to go shopping soon - he means well, and was going to get it with the fit as wel for me, but i would rather wait for that and get the curtains...

Oh ania - 2 hours, you must feel like you are continually milking!!!!
    anyway thats it form me... just baked banana bread for Mothers group - our last one
    speak later

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Well madly getting washing done and have half packed mine and the girls bags, we have had to hire a car to drive up in so i have put the capsule in and the pram. We got a tarago so hope there is enough room i feel like i am almost moving house with all the stuff you need. We are leaving at 4am tomorrow morning, DH has to work/schmooze at the sanctuary cove boat show for a few days so we are staying at the gold coast for 3 or 4 days then going to currumbin.

Sorry some of the bubs aren't well, I think summer has been having a growth spurt cos she has been feeding alot being very grumpy and hasn't slept very well for the last week but today has been asleep all day poor bubba must be tired.

My friend that does the pilates told me i have lost weight i feel i have lost a little around my tum so pretty happy about that here's hoping i don't put it back on when away hehe oh well easy come hard to go pffft.

I'll check in later if i have time bbfn

Hey girls,

Went to doctor and she said DJ is fine, not in the chest, just probably a slight cold he has picked up, only blocked nose and a small cough. She recommended using Vicks on his singlet so did that and he is sleeping now. I will do it again after his night time feeds so he can breathe well and sleep well.

SJ - great news about the extra cash, and using it to get the curtains that you want. That is fantastic!! I sometimes think I need curtains for DJ's room because during the day it gets quite bright in his room.

Trina - I bet you can't wait to go away, it will be so nice. Make sure you take some pics, would love to see a photo of you and Summer I bet she has grown so much.

Prama - how was Mothers Group? I have mine tomorrow - can't wait. I did Ness' class this morning and OMG did she work us harder.... I think each week gets harder, which is good in a way, makes me push myself. I just really have to incorporate the ab work at home. Next week we will have to do coffee

Those breastfeeding - do you find you crave lots of chocolate?? I know I do, very frustrating considering I want to lose weight. haha

Well girls, take care.

Shell xxx

sj - woo hoo for the extra money. thats fantastic! well done baking. i'd like to make more stuff during the day but poopy doesnt sleep long enough.

trina - fantastic on losing weight! im so happy for you!
    yaay, 1 sleep to go, hehe i like your mood. where are you off to?

shell - her classes are getting harder, arent they? i dunno if i can do it 2 days in a row.
    definitely coffee next week! i went rouse hill to return the shorts, they were small for steve. i had to feed poopy on the way there. he was fine after class but started to cry while i was driving. so i pulled up at newbury and feed him in the car.
    glad dj is ok he's such a good boy.
    mothers group was nice, we talked about solids today. it will be so exciting when they start solids, so grown up! hehe. but more stinky poo!
    they told us no honey, cow's milk till 12 months. oh and of course, trying get convince them to eat different foods and us being disciplined ourselves.
    we have our last one next week, we are all bringing something for lunch. it will be sad.. but i think a few of us will continue to meet. one of the girls was saying that she just moved to our suburb and her son is 5, in a new school and doesnt have any friends. he tries to get attention by getting a bit naughty. she said she went to his school at lunch one day and he was sitting by himself while the other kids were playing. it's so heartbreaking. doenst looking like the teacher was making effort to get the kids to play with him.

ania have you gone to ur mothers group yet?

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Quote Originally Posted by shell_120308 View Post

Those breastfeeding - do you find you crave lots of chocolate?? I know I do, very frustrating considering I want to lose weight. haha
    OMG YESSSS! I have a chocolate craving like no one would believe. DH doesn't believe me and I never thought that it could be related to BF.

I accidentally ate all of DH's mini easter eggs (not in one sitting though but I could have). I wanted to get chocolate last night while we were shopping but DH didn't allow it so today while he's at work I'm going to buy a stash and hide it!

I've found that drinking chocolate drinks does not cure the craving. I need chocolate that I can chew on!

Jazz is getting babysat today and I'm cleaning the house!
    On Sunday we are getting her dedicated at church (being penticostal we don't christen, we dedicate with a dedication prayer). So I have my family and Matt's family coming over. I'm looking forward to it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast