Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008

After putting him back down to sleep after that feed earlier he then slept for 3 hours I was sooo happy. I didn't go to sleep because I wasn't sure how long he would sleep but ended up being able to relax and watch some tv etc it was sooooo nice. I have even caught up on some washing as well woohoooo so I feel good now

I signed up for pole dancing classes starting on Saturday and I can't wait. I actually did pole dancing classes two years ago and it got me into great shape really quickly as well and was great for my self-esteem as well, so really looking forward to doing it again It is all for good fun, not something I plan to do as a living haha no way..... Just a fitness and confidence booster

It;s so quiet in here on the weekends! haha
    I'm feeling really weird!!
    For teh first time in almost 4mths I'm at home ALL BY MYSELF! DH has gone to MIL's and I'm a bit tired. so he said he will take poopy with him. i feel strange without poopy with me at home. it's been 15mins and i miss him. but im enjoying it but feel guilty at the same time.

bron -
    sorry about how you're feeling. pls dont feel bad for offering the bottle. sometimes we just have to. i dont think my milk is enough either, i was feeding on the boob with bottles in between but no top up a few weeks ago and he only put on 150g, and since then ive been topping up with formula and he put on 400g, i also think it was a growth spurt.
    my boobs feel floppy too. they say that happens once your milk settles in. i dunno if my milk is low.. motilium isnt helping much either. poopy's always hungry after the boob.
    i hope you're feeling better and sorry you're hurting from the lymph node removal and all. i feel so tired too.
    some days i get so down from bf-ing and topping up and hard work. and i think it will be easier when he's on solids and im not bf-ing. but then preparing solids is a lot of work too. and then there's the mess they make and cleaning up everywhere.
    at the early days, i wasnt ready to give up bf so i was feeding him just in the morning and at night. maybe you could do that? i knew i would be devasted if i gave it up 100%. emotionally and mentally i couldnt.

shell
    i know what you mean about bf-ing. i dont really enjoy it, i do it because i have to and want him to have the best. i suppose i would enjoy it if he was putting on lots of weight and didnt seem hungry after each feed. then i know im doing something right and it would boost my confidence.
    i think giving him EBM is a good idea. cos he will still have your milk. I'm sure you will do what's teh best for you both.
    bottles are a hassle. im nervous about flying cos i ahve to carry bottles and formula too. and carry tins with us. such a pain. iwish my milk was enough. i feel like a failure thinking of that.
    mum said there's NAN there but not the HA. and the LC said not change the milk.
    sigh it's so hard. im constantly thinking of feeding and feeding right.
    i wish i had it easy.
    anyway, im almost at my milestone of 4mths. but will soldier on until i come back cos i dont want poopy to pick up anything.
    im fine feeding him at home with boob and top up. but going out, bothers me.
    am going into the office on thursday, and im planning when and how to give him the boob and bottle. if i take just the bottle then im scared my supply will drop.
    and then we're going to stanwell tops on sunday. im worried about the long drive and feeding him on the boob in someone else's hse. sigh.
    my poor poopy.
    shell - see you tomorrow. im not looking forward to the heavy workout!! but it will be nice to see you!

oh i forgot to mention.. i started seeing my councillor. first appt was last monday, i felt a bit more confident after that. she's a psychologist and does spiritual healing. she did reiki on me and said im thinking too much. so much energy wasted. told me to relax. i got a message at the end of the session - i cant be like other mums, i can only be myself and being myself is good enough.'
    my next appt is on the 7th. im glad im getting help.

shell - just got your msg.
    hehe great pole dancing. sounds like lots of fun, you will burn lots of calories.
    it's hard to sleep in the day isnt it. cos you never know how long htey will sleep. poopy sleeps for such a short time, it's not worth it. as you said, as soona s you start to fall asleep they wake up. and end up being more tired.

Bron if you want to keep bf one of the best ways to increase your milk supply is to feed on the breast more often. The top up feed can interfere with your milk supply but it's never too late to build it up again. Sometimes a couple of quiet days at home help. We are always doing too much, aren't we? But as Prama said being yourself is good enough, go with your gut and do what works for you.

I'm sorry you girls are finding bf hard. I really enjoy it and it suits my lifestyle. Like Trina I seem to live in the car so it's one less thing for me to carry ifykwim. When you have your next baby (and you probably will) you may not have the same problems or your breasts may settle into bf more quickly. Another thing I like is the fact it gives me time to sit down and be with Paddy. I think I'd have to fight the rest of the family if we were feeding him with the bottle.

Another booby call ...

teach I was increasing feeds and he was so hungry and I also expressed as much as I coudl but the milk just would not come that way and didnt with an electric pump in the hospital either. LC thought perhaps when I had the surgeries I had quite a bit of damage to the milk ducts.I would be happy if Will kept having a morning and night breastfeed as I to enjoy that feeling nad have never found it painfull at all althoughI dont find the bottle feeds much less closs to be hoenst. Prep of the bottles etc has never really worried me as I Have done it right from the start in hospital I was also preping it all when I as able to move around.I am going to have a blood count this week and ama fraid if things get any lower then I will end up back on drugs anyway and then it really will all be over.

Prama if I feed when I am out I always bottle feed and Wil gets boob when we get home I find it much easier. Hope things arent too ldifficult when you are travelling.

Go shell on the pole dancing I have heard its great excercise..I have hard enough time lifting my legs to put my stockigns on some days let alone wrapping it around a pole *L* bet it will be fun

I have just sat here in tears after watching 60 mins Lauren Huxley's mum and my dad are cousins and we were kept up to date on how things were going for her but to see the pics of her skull were truly shocking. To see her dad Pat so upset and all he and Chris have done for her makes you terrified that anything would ever happen to your own children. Lauren is a credit to herself and he parents as to how she has overcome what that animal did to her.

AM having an ovaltine and calming down a bit before off ot bed. Hubby got home t 2.15 am on Friday and then snored from 12 till 4am last night and I am shattered.
    Hope your weekend was good and here is to a good week ahead.
    Bron xx

Hey girls,

Just put DJ to bed and hoping he will sleep through til 3am (fingers crossed) kehehee I think tomorrow I will just start giving DJ expressed breast milk because he just doesn't stay on the boob long enough to get anything. The funny thing is, when I am out and about and feed him in a place other than home, he is really good on the boob, find it so strange.

Prama
    oh wow that would have been nice for you when Steve took Poopy out and left you by yourself. You need to have some 'me' time. I would go stir crazy if I didn't have a bit of time by myself a week. On Saturday I went out at 3pm to have some me time and I got a flat tyre arghhhh so much for me time. Doni came down and tried to fix it but I have mag wheels which are hard to come off so had to renew my NRMA roadside assistance membership - so that was $255 arghhhhh so all in all my me time ended up being 30 mins of grocery shopping haha I wanted to look around at clothes shops and try stuff on, a bit hard with a pram.

Yeah I agree on the breastfeeding as well, if DJ was settled after a breastfeed then I would enjoy more as well, so I think expressing might be the way to go. I used to do it alot more at the beginning so Doni could help. I don't know just so hard.....

Can you take a can of formula with you? I am not sure how that goes with quarantine mind you...... probably not.... The brand your mum can get is still the same brand ie. Nestle so it has to be just as good

haha on tomorrow, eating so much this weekend, so need it haven't stopped eating all afternoon today. I think it is from being able to relax this afternoon.

Well done on seeing the counsellor, that is great news. I did a reiki course a few years ago, but forgotten how to do it. So happy it helped sweetie.

And yeah can't wait to get back into my pole dancing, it helped tone up my body and also great for the self-esteem.

BronI missed that interview but she is amazing especially what she has been through.

well girls, I am going to relax and watch some tv before heading to bed.

Hope you have a great night.

Sooooo hoping DJ sleeps well tonight for me

Shell xxx

Hello girls,

just a quick one from me tonight, buggeed!

BRON - yes if your counts are dropping you milk possibly will be affected, if your body is having a difficult time fnctioning normally, it will sacrifice the milk after a while, as unlike when we are pg, your body wont keep just giving out - thats why when we excercise too much milk can dry out (good excuse in my books not to for a while )... but in saying that, my boobs are rarely hard anymore, only after a big overnight stint.
    What Teach says is right, you need to offer more to increase your supply.
    Im wondering, are you letting down properly? if you sit and are anxious maybe this is the prolem... i know this as when i express my let down is very very slow and bugger all comes out, them when i feel the tingle, whooosh its starts fowing like no tomorrow.
    I cant really give you any advice, i seem to have loads of milk (but my boobs at times look smaller and are way softer), but will be keeping my fingers crossed for you

SHELL sorry that you dont enjoy feeding, do whats right for you, maybe expressing and bottle feeding will work out well for you... best of both worlds so to speak. hope you do OK with Doni away...
    I find it really really hard o get back to sleep after a feed, sometimes i lay there thinking about ridiiculos stuff - maybe you should do your meditation CD again.

PRAMA - i love reiki - i did the reiki one course years ago and when i first got pg did it on my abdo every night!!! Glad you had a great session and have got a bit of a boost out of it. Its a funny way of putting it, but yeah thinking too much is exhausting!

Ania and Jess hope you had a great weekend
    Teach has the nappy rash healed? got fluggy mail yesterday - some loulou aio - nonight naoppies atm - but mj is not a heavy wetter (yet)

Trina - cant wait to hear about your hols!

We had a ok weeken, Saturday got some family pics taken, nice dinner, then the bomb shell... DSS was on the toliet and this little voice cam out - 'um Sam..... i think a worm just came out of my bum' BUGGER - he pulled out out and squished it so i didnt see, but today has been washing, cleaning and scrubing the whole house and clothes and bedding AHHHHHH - poor little thing, had nightmares last night about the worms nibbling him and he was in tears before bed, no matter how much we told him that it was really common and that loads of kids had it, it really upset him - poor little thing, for a 10yr old he acts really really grown up most of the time and its times like this that just makes you realise how young and vunerable he is

Well thats it for me - he is staying tonight as his mum didnt think that she could be bothered cleaning today, and it was just too much for her... so we have him another night and i have to get him to school in the morning (45min drive - thats 1 and a half hour round trip in peak hour!!!) i dont mind though, he is so helpful and lovely to have around, besides its another evening of bonding with his little sister

Oh yeah - Teach, DSS asked if i could express some milk so he could feed her - i guess its helpful at times, but im greedy and want that time all to myslef!!! he got a kick out of feeding her thou!

Nighty night

quickie. going to sleep now.
    bron - hope you're ok. an lc i saw said she had very little when expressing but had plenty of milk. i dunno what else to do to increase milk. poopy doesnt always detach. he can go on and on so i can never tell if he's had enough and just sucking on. i watch the clock now, 20mins each side.

shell - steve was away for 45mins but it was nice nevetheless to have the house to myself.

sj - poor dss. how's his mother's finger? is it still infected. haha
    thanks reiki is good, when they tell you to relax, i find it hard, and not to think so much i think more!

gotta go, here's to a good week!

bron - i missed the interview too, but ive been following it and so glad justise has been served. big hugs to your family.

shell - hope dj slept well.

Morning girls,

DJ slept from 9 til 3 which was great so I got a good 4 hour sleep, but then after that he was restless and waking up every hour. Did that last week as well.... Feel very tired but not too bad. My mum is hoping to pop around later today so hopefully then I will get some rest while she looks after DJ for me.

Prama- 45 mins is still good especially just to have time to yourself and I shall see you at 10:30, not sure how I will go soooo tired haha I will need that coffee afterwards

SJ - yeah maybe I should do the meditation cd afterwards. didn't have any problems falling asleep after the 3am feed this morning.

I better get myself organised so I can head to class.

Chat soon
    Shell xxx

Wow what a morning! i did a load of washing and had it hung before taking DSS to school, then got the second load on! Its atually been good, i have 2 loads of washing and the house tidied and its not even 10am...
    Prama - yeah her finger is better, but she is now dying of a 'virus' (AKA a cold!!!)

Shel - just a thought... Molly Jane makes a lot of noise in her sleep and loads of ehh ehh and grunting sounds... initially i would get up and feed her, then i figured that she was making these noises in her sleep, so i left her... she would self settle and sleep for another hour or so. Now i only get up if she actually cries or is awake... their sleep cycle is 45 mins so will wake and usually just need to get themselves back off to sleep.
    I dont know if this applies to you at all... of course Molly Jane is not hungry at these times, just starting to wake (with what sounds like wind, but it is now just a noise that she makes all the time ) so leaving her actually is better for her sleep routine. My rule is if she is crying in need to get up, if not, it is probably just her making noises, she crys if she needs me. It is quite disturbing of sleep to start with, but i find that i get off to sleep really well if i wake for her nises and then she doesnt cry, i just go off quickly!
    Sometimes she does a cry, i get up put the wheat bag on, go to the toilet and then get the wheat bag out of the mirowave (this takes 3 mins tops) and she is back to sleep already!!! so i just go back to bed.
    The other thing is, the down side to her really long sleeps is that she needs about 2-3 feeds between 5 and 8.30pm... it doesnt bother me at all (i would rather the sleep), but this may not be something that you want to do... but it is the cluster feeding that gets her through..
    HTH
    BBL

SJ Paddy does the same thing. He sleeps from about 9pm till 5.30 but will cluster feed in the morning and in the evening. I've been training everyone in the family not to go in on the first cry because often he's not awake and will sleep for another hour. The other morning I put him in his cot (he still sleeps in his hammock) to play safely while I got ready for basketball and he went off to sleep. Hopefully he'll start self settling during the day because atm I can't put him to bed unless he's asleep.

Will does that whole noise thing too and you should see me in bed with a teddy laying across my ear and the other on the pillow until he puts himself back to sleep. I am like SJ I dont go unless he is crying now and he is getting better at self settling and he is sleeping less during the day and going to bed at 9 ish waking up at 2 for a feed.( booby and bottle)and sleeping then till 7 which has been great for us all.
    He is really laughing hard now especially when his grandma and grandpa come around becasue they laugh hysterically at him too to the point tears run down their faces its a crack up.
    Hey havent heard from Danii in abit or have all missed a post hope all is well with her and jazz and I know they are in the othe group but I Hope jo and caitlin are doing well to.
    I have so much washing today *L* and I am sitting here instead. I bought some really cute stripey pants and tops for WIll the first of his really bold colours and he looks o cute in them reds and blues. Becasue he is chanign so much he isnt so babyish anymore so I have relented and bought some bigger boy clothes *L*

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on for so long. I can't believe we got booted out of a thread that we were in first. I know you guys all said you didn't take offence but I do!

We are doing well at this end, just really busy and finding it hard to get online to see how you all are doing.

Caitlin is getting weighed tomorrow, I am guessing she will be around the 5kg mark so we will see how close I am in my guess. She also has her next lot of immunisations on Friday so that should be fun - not. I can't believe that she will be 4 months old tomorrow. Time is going so fast it is scary.

I have now stopped expressing milk for Caitlin, it has been a week and she is spewing a lot less and her poos have firmed up but still stink really badly!

If you are all at home on Friday morning, check out the morning show on channel 7 from 9am. One of the girls in my mothers group is getting married on it! She is so down to earth and deserving, we can't wait to see it!

Caught up with SJ earlier this month, it was great, we talked for hours and the girls were so well behaved! Molly Jane is sooo cute and is doing really well and SJ is a great mum, really relaxed.

Prama - Your trip must be coming up soon, what date are you off and how long will you be away for?

Bron - How are you feeling these days? I hope Will is doing well and bringing you much joy! I hope that your milk picks up again. I know that it would be better to make the decision to stop BF'ing yourself rather than have to stop.

Shell - I hope being on your own goes well, will this be the first time you have been home alone since DJ was born? Glad to hear that he slept well and you got a nice chunk of sleep!

SJ - Good work on being organised today, I am having a pretty good one also although now I have been distracted by the computer!

Where has Trina gone for her holiday?

Teachmum - Glad you are enjoying the BF thing, it was something I was never going to be comfortable with.

We have a pretty good routine with Caitlin these days - it goes something like this -
    Wakes between 7 & 8 am - Feeds and goes straight back to sleep.
    Wakes 3 hours after feed so usually around 11am feeds and is awake for an hour to hr 1/2 back to sleep
    Wakes for feed around 3.00pm
    Cat naps until next feed at around 7.00pm
    will have a 2 hr sleep sometime after 7pm before 11pm. rest of time is bath / play time.
    11pm final feed to bed within 45 mins until morning feed and it all starts again!

Well that is long enough for now, will try and get on more regularly to keep up with everyone!

Jo xx

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY
    Poopy's passport arrived today! im ssoo relieved! now we just have to pack and get ready to go!
    i have to make a big list of things to pack, esp carryon luggage - infacol, baby panadol, little fess, loads of nappies, change of clothing, toys, books. sigh!

Jo i was just thinking of you today as i was drivign back from exercise class! Was thinking of you and was also wondering how Lisa is going.
    so glad Caitlin is doing well! Hooray!
    We're off to Kuala Lumpur, we leave june 14th. Steve comes back on the 25th but poopy and i will be with my parents till aug 16th.

Shell - how did you go at the osteopath? it was a nice lunch! poopy slept all the way back, i was soo relieved.

SJ gee - i hope the 'virus' doesnt destroy her delicate body.well done w the house work!

bron so cute with the laugh!!

teach how did you find your first bf experience? was it easy? im thinking the next time might be better cos now i know what to expect and boobs and nipples have been well baby-handled!

poopy makes noises at night, but less now, i think cos he's older. and he does sleepy-weepies. i wait and see if his eyes are open. often i think he must be having a bad dream or soemthing.
    i feed him only when i see him rooting towards his sheets and starts to cry a little im asleep but gettting hungry cry.

finally made a cup of tea,when poopy fell asleep. of cos now that i sat down with it, he;s awake! lucky dh just got home

Hi girls,

Went to osteopath today and the base of DJ's skull is all twisted (due to birth trauma) which explains everything!!! the osteo said it would explain why he has been so unsettled, not sucking properly, excessive wind and disturbed sleep etc omg what a relief. I knew there was something not quite right, always had a gut instinct - mothers intuition i suppose. He did some gentle work on his neck and back, and I go back with him again next week. My back was all twisted as well, which didn't surprise me. Hoping DJ will get a good night sleep tonight. He is asleep at the moment, so will probably wake around 7'ish and I will bath him etc .

Prama - yeah it was nice to catch-up after class. I couldn't stop thinking about that coffee in class, especially during those step-ups haha My legs are soooo sore DJ was a little unsettled after the osteopath apt but seems fine now, he was just overtired, didn't sleep much today. So glad Poopy slept on the way home, what a relief

SJ - yeah normally I leave him with his grizzling and only pick him up when he is crying. Hoping he will get a good sleep tonight Great job on the washing, it feels great to get washing done,

Jo - Doni has been away before but this is the first full week he is away. So happy to hear Caitlin is doing so well, and she is not throwing up as much etc so does that mean the reflux is settling down?

Well girls, I am going to reax and enjoy the time that DJ is asleep, so take care. I might check-in a bit later.

Shell xxx

oh shell! glad he knows what's wrong with dj. you are so clever, mother's intuition indeed. i really hope he sleeps well tonight. plus with poopy sleep dust. haha

jo - i wasnt reallly offended with the other thread, dont really care about the separate threads, but was a bit annoyed. they could have told us about it first.

jade - how are you, hun. hope all is going ok with your little ones.

lisa - how are you going?

Prama - yeah I was so relieved to know that I was right in knowing something was wrong. He is really unsettled tonight but he is also overtired, hopefully he will get a good sleep especially with Poopy's sleep dust I also tried a different position when breastfeeding him and he lasted longer - the football grip. I used to do that when I first started breastfeeding and he latched on better so I think I will try to do that - just have to make sure I have my pillows to support my back when doing that one...... He still only fed for 10 mins but at least he was latched on practically the whole time Not sure how long he will sleep for but I will head to bed in the next half hour so I can get some rest. Hope you have good night as well DJ did another big poo and as I was changing his bum it was still coming out haha too funny.

LOL - poopy did a big stinky poo too. as usual he did right after i put the nappies in the wash.
    im buggered. got home and fed him, then went to the PO and woolies. sat down for a cuppa, and then he woke up.. typical.
    made an early dinner, i was so hungry. poopy's asleep now. so im relaxing and watching project runway.
    will give a bath when he wakes up, then feed and sleep.. story of our lives!

glad the football hold worked. i tried it once w the b!tchy mw, that and the lying down one.. not interested in going back there.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast