Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008

thanks SJ -
    sometimes it just gets to me, i know htey prob dont mean any harm but still. like one day, one of the mums asked how heavy he was and i told her. and she said if only x was that weight or that light(cant remember), my back wouldnt be killing me. her baby's a couple weeks younger but no mom really wishes their baby to be light.. insincere comments like that annoy me.
    anyway, he is very cute haha.
    teh mums in my MG are really sincere and listen to my concerns that he put on only 150g a mth ago. i just tell them now that he might never be chubby, just slender. i justify with his high metabolic rate haha.
    yesterday, we lined up all the babies on the mattress, it was soo cute. poopy was still smaller than most of hte babies, but i thot he was hte cutest. haha. i told steve that he was small compared to the others, and steve goes, but i betcha he's the smartest! haha. i felt better.

the 6.5kg bub must have big bones. but good on him.

poopy had a feed and is still sleeping! i managed to have brekkie, mop the kitchen and bathroom, rinse his nappies, waiting for him to wake up to wash his sheets. and on bb.. phew!

well done on your exercise!! take it easy but will be fantastic to see the kilos come off!

shell - hoorray that dj slept longer.. yaay!!! im so happy. maybe it will get longer gradually. and so glad he's more settled.
    have fun at MG!

SJ - great idea, maybe we could all meet up on day. when bubs are a little older. we'll have to meet somewhere central. it's vic and nsw isnt? i dont think anyone's in qld?

ohh.. poopy's awake! he's going to get a tsunami of kisses! lol
    xoxox

teach is in WA!

I have just tidied the filing cabinet at home - what an effort...
    Paid bills and transfered money, felt like it was all getting on top of me!
    Going to do some gardening this afternoon, got some bulbs to plant and i want to rake the leaves... MJ can play in her Pram

oh thats right, teach is WA! haha! it will be interesting indeed!
    where's danni?

didnt i say i put the nappies to wash? and waht happens each time i do that?
    poopy does a big poo! yup. luckily i had just rinsed it. so doing another load of rinse now.
    and i put the poo-ey nappy on the change table as i was chaging him, and what did he do, kick it on to the floor onto the carpet. i screamed and thought there was going to be poo on the carpet, luckily the microfleece liner folded as it fell down and all poo was contained! it was very funny!
    it's all fun and games with my poopy!

well done with the bills and all! yaay! gardening - whats that! lol, steve's been doing it lately. i even forget to water the plants!

was going to go pharmacy direct to get some sorbelone for his flaky scalp but looks like it might rain...

ohh danni - is in SA

Danni and Jade are both SA i think.... Lisa was either in NT or QLD - cant rememebr, but the majority are NSW...

I hear ya on the poos after washing is on... MJ never fails, the other morning it was TWO and this morning she did one after it had finished BUGGER! glad the liner was in your one and it missed the carpet....

We are not allowed to water plants here - well onl wednesday and sunday morning (before 8am) so we dont bother (planting some drought resistant stuff)

lisa is in townsville i think or was it the hossy she was sent to...

it will be really nice to all catch up. would be so nice! dh's boss told him a while ago that he was going to send him to visit their main office in Notting Hill, Vic. Not sure if that's near you. but he still hasnt gone cos he's so busy with projects. dunno if he will. if it's more than a day i would love to go with him and maybe catch up with you and jo.
    poopy's asleep.. time for lunch!

SJ - Ha ha re the sore muscles - how easy is it to get carried away on the wii fit! If Mark is looking after Caitlin I can totally lose track of time on it!

Lisa was in Mt Isa I am pretty sure, she got flown to Townsville because it was a bigger more equipped hospital.

I say we should try and meet up somewhere tropical like Fiji! (Pipe dream!) but how cool would it be!

Off to mothers group now - usually a lot of laughs so looking forward to it!

Hey girls,

Hope you are all well. DJ is asleep phew and yep just did a massive poo also so i am also rinsing nappies with another lot in drier haha Never ending is it?

Mothers group was great starting to form a great bond with a few girls and hoping to go along with one of the girls to Gymbaroo tomorrow at Rouse Hill. They are held in other locations so search for it on google because the one I will go to is local. Here are the highlights for the non-mobile babies:

- You will learn how to provide important sensory stimulation (auditory, visual and vestibular) through massage, gentle movement, exercises (developing strength and flexibility) baby games and dances.
    - Enjoy quality magical time with your baby and new mums and dads - gain confidence in handling your baby.
    - Equipment is set up to provide the opportunity to enjoy the feeling of being moved

I really hope I can check it out tomorrow it sounds like a fun thing to do with DJ every week. Left a message to see if I can book a look

At mothers group we talked about solids, ooooh I so can't wait for DJ to be eating solids

I am doing really well considering Doni has been away all week, I had a better sleep last night so that always helps.

Prama - thanks hun. sounds like you had a productive morning while Poopy was sleeping gotta love that hey? Dj sleeping now so it is a mad rush to get things done and relax.

SJ - do you want to do my gardening once you are done? kehehee our weeds are growing all over the place, I so need to do it as well, but just haven't had the time. I might see if Doni wants to help me on Sunday while DJ is having his sleep.

Well girls, better get some housework done while DJ is sleeping.

Chat soon
    Shell xxx

Notting Hill is like 10 mins from me and maybe 20 from Jo!!!! (as long as you are not talking about the one in the UK!)
    wow, i hope he does get a trip down here as we would be able to catch up

Going to get on the Wii later, have to get away from this puda, but you should see how much i have done.

Shell - lo on the weeds... Dad put a whole heap of mulch down for me a month ago so it helps keep the weeds at bay... gymbaroo sounds great. I am starting swimmikng with MJ when she is 6mths

Hey SJ,

I plan to put DJ into swimming lessons as well and was told we can start from when he is 4 months old, so really looking forward to it.

Our garden needs an overhaul, too many weeds arghhhhh need to hire a goat for the weekend kehehee

Shell xxx

Shell, just before i was pg i was so sick of looking at our 'flower beds' that were full of weeds.. so i poisened everything, then a month later i turned over all the weeds into the dirt, planted bulbs and periannials (the ones that some back year after year) and then mulched... its heaps easier to keep up with now.

Just finished some planting, was out there for an hour, feel great now, almost like a sense of achievement AND i cant wait for the daffodils and other bits that i planted to come up in a few months

MJ played in her pram and then fell asleep just as i was finished, typical, but she stayed asleep as i picked her up and she is still in her cot now.. cup of tea for mumma and maybe i will get on the wii.

I wish they started swimming at 4 months where we are, really looking forward to starting

jo - fiji! woo hoo! i only wish!!

sj - well done!! maybe you could post pix of your garden when in bloom.
    so glad notting hill is close! if only steve gets to go there for a few days!

swimming at ryde and homebush pools start at 6mths too. so going to start him after we come back.

i found out about gymbaroo awhile ago.. 170$ for a 10 week term.

ooppps. someone is crying.. sigh. will write more later

it's quiet here today!

shell - thinking of you at the mcn's.

trina - when do you comeback? hehe hope you're having a too good a time to be on BB!

Just been up to baby clinic and got DJ weighed, he is now 5.8kg (with clothes on) she said to minus 200g for clothes so he is 5.6kg without clothes Same height as last week 62cm and head circum 39cm. I am pretty happy with the weight - looks like giving him top-ups is working well. I asked her about when I want to wean him off breastfeeding etc and she said to do it gradually and just replace one breastfeed with a formula feed and eventually my milk will drop off etc. So I will start doing that in a few weeks time so that he is fully weaned by the time I am back to work.

How is everyone going? I didn't end up going to check out Gymbaroo this morning because I had a friend over and she didn't leave until 11:45am this morning. it was soooo nice to see her, hadn't seen her in ages. She brought along her mother-in-law visiting from Scotland and her little 2 year old boy.

Left a message for my mum to call me and see if she wants to come over tonight, I miss the adult company. So looking forward to Doni coming home on Saturday. DJ has already changed heaps now - starting to giggle, and he curls up his toes when you try to tickle his feet kehehee much more as well, but he will notice alot of changes in him from being away for just one week.

Probably going to head up to shops tomorrow to get out of the house. Also thinking of checking out a child care centre near work because the one at Doni's work only takes babies from 9 months of age.

Anyway girls, hope you are all having a great day.

Shell xxx

hey shell!
    great to hear about dj's weight gain! well done!
    hope your mum can come over, days seem very long when ur alone with a baby.
    are you going back to work next mth?
    i was thinking if i continue to bf after i come back and poopy is yet to have teeth, i might do it first and last feed.
    im a bit scared of feeding him when he has teeth.
    i spent more money last week. jetstar was having really cheap flights to KL, so i booked a 2 week trip for me and poopy late oct. it's diwali/deepavali which is a Hindu xmas. i havent been home for it for 4 yrs. the flight was $500 but i had to get insurance travelling w a baby so it was 670 all up which is really cheap.
    this is hte only chance i get to go home this often, and after going back to next yr, it will be hard.

i just went for an hr walk, went to a bavarian butcher up hill and got some yummy fresh bacon and meatloaf.

poopy is calling

xoxoxxo

Hey Prama

Not going back to work until September, but want to start weaning him in the next few weeks by the time he is 4 months old, want to decrease the amount of breastfeeds and introduce more formula feeds

Yeah the feeding when teething is scary I agree. But at least you are keeping Poopy safe while you are away

The trip to KL is very cheap indeed and what a great time to go for the Hindu xmas

Oh yummo on the meatloaf and well done on the 1 hour walk, even though I have been so sore from Monday's class I am trying to walk. I walked on Tuesday and Wednesday and then a short walk to baby clinic today and now my legs are really sore haha

Well going to get washing done while DJ is sleeping. Have a great afternoon.

Shell xxx

With Shell talking about going back to work I thought I would ask who is going back and when and what sort of care ar you looking at for your babies? ( nosey I know)

At the moment I cant even contemplate it and know I dont have to go back to January but not sure what to do about care.
    Speaking of work my husbands job is causing a lot of strain at home to the point that lst night I held my hand up and said I didnt want to hear about it and didnt care if I never spoke about it again. I felt terrible but i Have had it up to the eye teeth. He is being used big time he has no office here instead is expected to use a " home office" which happens to be our back room which is also supposed to double as a workshop for building computers ( picture a work spae that is 6 foot by 10 foot that is all the room he has) He has no salesman, no secretary and is expected to do all the admin and sales himself atm. .We thought ok commision would be great ( he is actually a computer technician and a dam good one) but no they said as he isnt employed as a sales guy he might get a cash bonus if they have the money. Just great when he sells 70 grand worth of kit in a month and they MIGHT give him something. He does paperwork form 6.30 in the morning and will get home at about 7 eat tea then do more paper work until about 10.30. The main companyis in another town where techs have office girls who do all there paper work and 4 sales guys. The only advantage is we get a car but we dont have the time to use it for personal stuff at all. Its really wearing us both down but becasue he isnt a permanant resident yet th jobs he can apply for are limited.I hate the stress its putting us under and its crap money ta boot. ( sorry just needed to vent have been in tears about it today and I know Need to be supportive of him
    Have to go WIll is awake maybe can get kisses and smile from him
    Bron xx

Bron - it's ok to vent and I would be frustrated too, that is alot of hours he has to put in, and no time to rest. Hope things work out.

I plan to go back to work in September, no choice really, need the money by that stage and I love my job so want to go back at least 3 days per week, so then DJ is in childcare for only 3 days per week. I haven't yet spoke to my manager about going back part-time so hopefully it will be ok even if i can go back 4 days per week, as long I can still spend some time with my little man. We were going to put him in at Doni work because they have a free creche for us to use, but DJ needs to be 9 months old before we can do that, so I need to put him in at another child care centre for 3 months. My husband will tell me to get his parents to look after him but it means me driving out of my way to droping t off and pick him up. My work is close to home so better for me to just put him somewhere close to my work. My return date for work is 1 September, so still have a good 3months to go I will enjoy it while I have it.

Mum is over tonight helping me out which is great. She isn't staying the night but still just the help is great and good to have some adult company

Spoke to Doni earlier and he misses me and DJ so much and can't wait to get home on Saturday. Noticed DJ has a dimple on his right cheek when he smiles - soooo cute.

Hope you are all well.

Shellxxx

shell - the butcher is very good and people come from far away to buy stuff. even their bacon is very tasty. i got some meatloaf with peppercorn, hehe.
    couple more sleeps till doni comes home! i hope he's bought you a nice pressie! is your birthday on tuesday?

bron - so sorry to hear about DH's work. it really sux and it's not fair.
    how long till he gets his PR? i got mine as a skilled migrant, based on my qualifications and experiences before we got married. (i didnt want to go on a spousal visa) I think computer techs are in demand and not hard to get a PR.
    i hope he gets it and gets another job soon. he's working way too long. it's not fair at all!

im due to go back to work feb 2nd. i booked day care when i was 12 weeks pg! im going to go back 3 days a week. i have the ability to work from home but i dont want to with poopy here cos i'll never get things done.

i got an eyebrow wax and hair trim. i had a colour put in but it didnt take! my hairdresser said could be cos of my shampoo, silica creates a layer that doesnt allow colour to penerate. she asked me to use another one shmapoo. so im going back next wed. i didnt realise how much i needed a trim. hair looks better and feel heaps better.
    anyway, im going to go to bed. im really tired after my walk and poopy is getting more and more cheeky and wants to be carried or someone with him all the time and he's crying. i hate to say this but today his crying started to annoy me.
    good nite. xoxoxoxoxoxox here;s to a long sleep

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast