Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008

Had a crappy day today, was at the factory for part of the day...

mJ has a gunky eye and has the tail end of a cold... she is such a good baby, she doesnt complain about anything. I was in tears this evening, she must be feeling rotten with the cold, we went to the health food shop to get calandular flower tea for her eye and her nappy was about due for a change, but she wasnt complaining. anyway when we got back i changed her and her nappy was full, like really wet (BBH - you know how they can get) and she didnt make a peep... i was in tears, she must be feeling awful and not complaining and i left her in that wet nappy - poor little thing.

Bron, i will be going back Feb 1 next year (unless i get rich first!!!) will be only working 3 days a week and Mum will be looking after MJ - the only problem is Mum and Dad go off on trips around Aust for a couple of months at a time, so i dont know what i will do with her then... maybe the work daycare. I hate working now, one day a week is not bad, and she is with me, but every week i feel awful about it

DH is going away with friends Friday til sunday (no phone contact at all)... i dont mind, but i do IYKWIM ... he only sees MJ in the even for maybe an hour or 2, so the weekend is important... Also my sister and Mum are still away, they get back next week, so i will be totally alone.
    Sort of looking forward to time where i have no cleaning or anything (except nappies) and relaxing and enjoying MJ but, oh i dont know... im just sad
    DH work is about to get crazy so the next few months are going to mean that it will go back to what it was like when i was pg, 10-16 hour days, he will be grumpy and wont see MJ... i know we have to do this to grow the business, but its so hard.

Sorry.

Bron, your situation with your DH sounds crappy too, its so frustrating.
    I hope Trina hops on with some good news and all the holiday stories, what a cheery bunch we are!!!
    And to top off the night i was looking forward to Lost and it not on - same as Numbers yesterday grrrh

Well this is a nice change, I am awake and it is 7am and DJ is asleep Yipeeeeee mind you he still woke up for his 3:30am feed but hey he has sleep just over 3 hours since his last feed. I have had breakfast, and got a cup of tea as well. I took some vitamins this morning woke up with a sore throat grrrrr hope I am not coming down with anything. Not what I need

Prama - wow that sounds like a great butcher yeah 1 more sleep until Doni comes home, we both can't wait. We have been together for 15 years and married for 13 years in October but we still miss each other so much when he is away for work. A bit harder for him since he now misses DJ. Yeah my birthday is on Tuesday and he has the day booked off from work so we can go out for the day so that will be nice. Not sure what we will do yet, but wouldn't mind going for a drive or something, maybe a trip to the mountains or something.

SJ - sorry to hear your hubby is away all weekend with no phone contact. I know how it feels to be alone but I have had phone contact. Make sure you organise for your friends to visit or at least go visit them so the time flies by quicker and before you know it he will be back home again Just get out of the house. I am going to try and get out of the house today as well.

Anyway better go, I can hear DJ starting to wake up.

By the way, my Grobag sleeping bag arrived yesterday so put it on DJ last night and maybe that is why he slept so well.

Shell xxxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is on antibiotic eye drops for her gunky eye. Her blocked tear duct that she's had from birth is slightly infected. The drops seem to be working. She needs 2 drops 4 times a day but babies are smarter than we give them credit for. Now when she sees the bottle in my hand she shuts her eyes! It's quite hard to get the drops in.

Last night for the first time she actually latched onto my boobs WITHOUT the shield! I was so proud. She did keep kicking the chair and pulling off but then she'd latch straight back on!

She has now started getting a great routine. By lunchtime she gets really tired (it's getting easier to tell when she's tired...she now does the whole rubbing the eyes thing). The only thing I've found though is that when she goes to sleep, she'll stay asleep so I've had to time naps during the day because I don't want her sleeping too long. I will let her go for 1-2 hours but if I get really busy with the things I want to get done while she sleeps I occasionally stretch it out to 3 hours before I wake her.
    Speaking of waking her. She's been asleep since 6am and it's now 9am so I'm gonna go and wake her now.

Im still thiing about what care to have but will probably be family day care. I work in a centre but not sure I want him in so young and we are not allowed othave our kids with us anyway which I agree with totally. The other centre attatched to us opens 7-5 yet I work 8-6 which is a buggar because I could have salary sacraficed the fees.I currently only work 3 days aweek due to health and would really only like to work 2 days. I think I can talk my boss into it and tax wise I would only loose $40 more for one days less work.
    Truth be told I want to stay home and have loads more babies *L* but age and economy prohibit this.I do visit work regulalry as i miss the girls but not other parents problems *L*bad huh
    *Hugs* for sj..mollyjane is such a good baby by the sound of it and has agreat mum I understand the guilt over something like that but I am sure molly was just fine.
    AM having an afternoon with my mum tommorow at hers. She has made some yummy soup and we will watch UK tv and lifestyle whilest dad and hubby are off doing their own things robaly have a nanna nap or two as well..strange how simple things liek tim eto watch telly and relax please me..plus grandma loves it wen we go round.
    We are having our new pergola and carport put on the house too tommorow so dont want to behere for all the noise either.

We have bene looking to go away for along wekeend somewhere..anybody spend anytime in the northen beaches of Sydney such as Avalon or Palm beach. We jost want to walk around do the cafe thing and not much else. Or any other suggestions would be great We dont want to go much further then a 4 hour drive.

Got to go my boy is calling
    Bronx

Angry Just to top off my weekend alone

I Get a text from DH ex - 'in a bad place at the moment can i chat" soi call her.... she is not coping with life, can i look after DSS as she is not able to do anything other than sleep all the time, and all the cleaning with the worms is too much.

It makes me so angry, i am sure that she has a bit of depression, but i cant feel sorry for her, she puts herself in front of her son always and is so self indulgent. Anybody else would get on with their lives, i mean F*ck i have a baby, and i managed... she has more than just one screw loose and i feel so sorry for my DSS.
    I refuse to be nasty or tell her how i really feel as it will make the situation worse for DSS - apparently she hasnt cooked all week and told DSS that she feels bad as she feels like all she does is stuff for him - NO SH*T SHERLOCK, she is his MOTHER...... ahhhhhh some people, i have no idea what DH saw in her, he assures me that she was not like that when they were together, and she got pg to keep him, but my god - she is one of those takers, thats all she does take from anyone and everyone....
    i could rant and rant and rant... i am so angry i was starting to look forward to the weekend with Molly Jane and now it has all changed.
    Dont get me wrong i love DSS and having his is no problem, we get along really really well, but ... grrh

Poor DH felt so bad for going, but he needs to go.

Oh and to top things off, DH mum rang and i have to call his nanna tomorrow as it looks like she has cancer and i have to talk to her and see her.
    Sometimes i wish i could be selfish and tell the world to f*ck off.

Sorry girls, that was really self pitying.... but i had had eough of everyone expecting me to sort out their lives. Yes i am coping well with having a baby, but could someone cut me some slack???

Hope you all have a great weekend

Shell - forgot to ask, how is DJ after seeing the osteopath?

Bron - im with you i would ove to have a house full of kiddies and never go back to work again

Hi everyone arrived back tonight a few days early as the weather turned crappy

I tell you, next time we are flying the drive was a bit too much with 4 kiddies, Summer was such a good girl but it was pretty tough on her the poor little thing.

We stayed at a really nice place on the gold coast for the first 5 days and there wasn't much relaxing happening as DH was working and we were left there with no car, he was pretty much gone all day then out drinking with clients all night so it wasn't much fun for us at all actually i was really stressed and pi$$ed off to be honest, plus poor Codie got a cold and was pretty chesty which is always a worry with her CF, then we went to currumbin and it was just beautiful and finally we started to relax. We went to Seaworld which was great i usually hate rollercoasters cos i think of things breaking on it and plummeting to the ground but Codie really wanted me to go on with her so i did and i was hooked after that so when we went to movieworld i went on every single ride and rollercoaster even the lethal weapon one which is manic. So our hightlight was definately the theme parks, it was great fun plus there weren't many people there so no queue's.

So i didn't read up too much on what has been happening but SJ you sound like you are having a tough time just tell them all to jam it (wouldn't it be nice but you are too nice and level headed for that) make sure you take some time out for you and it sounds like molly jane is like her mum and doesn't complain and just gets on with things.

Summer is growing so fast i can't believe it..... She can almost roll over from her back to her tummy and is moving off her rugs on the floor now. She has a gunky eye too she was a little off for a few days maybe from Codie being sick. She had her first swim in the heated pool when we were away and she just loved it and slept so well after she is definately a water bub.

Anyway i am off to bed my eyes are falling out of my head it's been a big day...

Oh Bron i grew up on the N Beaches where were you thinking of going?? It is beautiful there Palm Beach is great, so is avalon lots of really nice cafe's and shops. Anything you want to know ask. Most of mine and dh's family are still living there, we would still be there but could never afford to buy so came up the coast.

I hope my babble made sense!! Chat soon
    Trina xoxox

Morning girls,

Welcome back Trina and sorry DH was working alot but at least you got to relax finally in Currumbin - sounds like a great trip. Good to get away that is for sure. Wow on Summer almost rolling over that is great news. It is amazing how fast they grow. Doni has been away all week for work and DJ has changed so much in just one week. I feel for Doni in missing all of the changes but at least he can get lots of cuddles this weekend. It also means I can have a bit of break while he takes care of DJ keeheheh

I have woken up with a sore scratchy throat grrrrrr took some panadol and will have a berocca shortly to help make me feel a bit more energised. Just hope DJ doesn't get sick, he has already had a small cold He seems pretty happy this morning though, I put him in his cot with the musical mobile going and he is just kicking his legs around, and giggling and smiling - soooo cute - it makes your heart melt. I get tears in my eyes when I see him giggling and being so happy.

SJ - I would be angry as well if I were in your position and what a request to ask when you have a new baby which takes up alot of time. I feel sorry for her son, doesn't sound like she is much of a mother, maybe she has a delayed postnatal depression. How old is little one? It is ok to be selfish SJ, you had a nice weekend planned with Molly. Oh and Dj is a different baby since the osteo apt - so amazing. I went out to shops yesterday and normally he would be unsettled the whole time and he was quite content and fell asleep etc. I even tried clothes on haha I have the next follow-up apt for him on Wednesday so hopefully I will see an even bigger improvement.

Bron - I absolutely love the Northern Beaches, not sure on places to stay, but I absolutely love it there. We renewed our wedding vows at Palm Beach 3 years ago. It was beautiful. Parking is a bit painful, it is all ticketed parking. There are lots of beautiful cafes and restaurants.

Danni - it is a great feeling when they latch on without a shield hey?

Got my pole dancing this afternoon, just need to ask a friend to look after DJ for an hour while Doni arrives home. I have to leave home by 4:30pm and Doni's flight arrives at that time, so it would only be an hour. I can always ask my brother, I mean DJ will probably be sleeping at that time anyway

Well girls, hope you all have a great day. I am going to get stuck into my washing so that I can relax once Doni arrives home tonight

Shell xxxx

Bron - I don't have to go back to work until the ned of Jan 08 but at this stage am not interested in going back. I loved my job before I went on leave but now I couldn't give a crap! Will see how I feel later in the year but if I do go back it wont be full time.

Sorry to hear about DH's job, it must be really hard. What is the timeline for Permanent Res? Hopefully not too long so that you can rectify the situation.

Shell - Doni must be due back any time now - you must be looking forward to seeing him and he must be missing DJ. Have fun at your pole dancing this afternoon!

SJ - Sorry to hear about DH's ex being a total pain in the rear. You can vent to me on Friday as much as you like! If you want to catch up earlier in the week just let me know and we can change it. The only day out for me is a Wednesday. I hope that the weekend alone is not too awful, I'd say to catch up but we have a wedding today and I have hockey tomorrow so our weekend is a write off.

Trina - Glad the holiday was enjoyable and I am glad to hear that you are a rollercoaster convert! Mark and I are addicted! We planned our honeymoon around rollercoasters! We have even flown up to the Gold Coast for a weekend when we have heard a new one has opened up on the GC! Haven't been to Currumbin but my folks took my brothers there years ago and the pics look beautiful, especially the ones of the birds at the sanctuary.

Had a crappy day yesterday with Caitlin. The morning was great, she had her 4 month injections and seemed to be ok, she cried a lot more this time when they were done but seemed ok. We went to one of the houses of mothers group to watch Tiff get married on channel 7 and then I went shopping for a dress for the wedding we are going to today. Ended up at Chadstone and all was fine until Caitlin woke up for her feed and then all hell broke loose. We were in the parents room in David Jones and I heated up her bottle and we sat down so she could have it and she started crying hysterically. I think it was the way I was holding her as her legs were sore from the needles. I tried all different ways to try and calm her and even gave her panadol for the pain and she just wouldn't stop screaming. All the other people in the room were trying to offer advise which was making me stress out more and then Mark rang for a chat in the middle of it all and I just burst into tears. I was so embarrassed but I was even more so worried about Caitlin. Chadstone is about 20 minute drive from home and I didn't want her to be screaming the whole way. I'd would get her calm and then try to get her to have some of her feed and then she would get all hysterical again, in the end I got her to take 100ml but she should have had at least 145ml. I finally got her calm enough to sit in her car seat and got her home as quickly as possible. She then did the same thing at her next feed at home but at least Mark was home to help that time. It was horrible and I felt so bad for her not to mention the fact that there were 6 other people in the parents room when I started crying! Anyway, so far today she has been ok so hopefully she is over it - if she does it at the wedding today it will be hard work to try and keep her calm.

Hope you all have a great weekend - Jo.

Jo - I think immunisations should come with a warning, don't go anywhere and always have extra help on hand a few days afterwards. DJ was also unsettled, fine right after and for needles but it was the next few days after that. He was sooooo unsettled and wouldn't feed properly and because of that, he lost 200g. Sorry to hear that happened to you when you were at Chadstone, I would have been in tears as well, because there isn't anything we can do to make them feel better, other than the baby panadol which doesn't help that much....... hope she is feeling better for the wedding Doni arrives home in nxt 2 hrs cant wait!!!!

Jazz has been refusing to have an afternoon nap today. She's been getting so good at it but just wont sleep today. She slept terribly last night and is over tired. Every time I go to put her to bed she puts on all the smiles as if she's suddenly not tired! She's fine when I'm holding her though.

I've noticed that Jazz is starting to get better control of her movements. It was funny the other day coz she was trying to touch her nose. Took a couple of attempts but then she got it. She's preferring to suck her fists than a dummy. I keep pulling her hands away from her mouth while saying NO! Hopefully if I keep persisting she'll understand.

Hi girls,

havent had a chance to post till today. Started yesterday but didnt get around to more than 2 lines!

SJ - so sorry about what's happening hun..
    DSS's mum sounds like she really needs help, she doenst sound healthy at all. And poor DSS being with, isnt good for him. It's good that he's with you and DH, at least he has positive role models and a healthy home. that woman sounds like she's wallowing in self-pity and everything resolves around her. and a user too, trying to get sympathy so ppl do everything for her.
    sorry about your weekend alone. it's not fair at all.
    it really sucks about everyone thinking you can sort out their lives. when you're a good person and have your feet on the ground, ppl expect a lot from you.
    i know ive had to be the adult and sort out my parents problems, and it's hard work and so draining. ppl used to tell me wheni was young that i had such a strong head on my shoulders and they were impressed but they didnt understand what i was feeling.
    anyway, sorry about talking about me.
    hope your weekend is going ok.

shell - hehe you must be enjoying doni being home, it's hard when they go away. steve ahd to go to nz when i was about 2mths pg. aug-dec. he used to come back each time i had an ob appt. and stayed a few days. so i spent abt 6mths of my pg alone. he finally came back fro good just before xmas. it was very hard with partners are away. you;ve done really well looking after dj by yourself the whole week.
    you've been together 15yrs? wow, you must have just been a little girl!
    steve and i met when i was 25, he was building a television station in KL and i had just started working as an engineer there, in dec 97. we were just friends but i realised i liked him sometime in feb 98 but he was going to leave in april after the launch, so nothing happened. anyway, we started emailing each other and then realised that we both liked each other. so it started long distance sort of june/july 98 and he was working in mumbai on a project. (he's worked in so many exotic places inhis old job, before we got together seriously, what a shame! i couldhave visited him and had a holiday everywhere). i came to visit him here in oct 98 and then it really took off. so it was long distance till we got married in nov 2003. we'd see each other once a yr. i applied for my skilled migrant PR and got in 2002 but couldnt decide to come then.
    yeah, that's our story! so we would have been together 10 yrs next mth. a lot of ppl told me it wouldnt last, cos of hte cultural/age difference but i think we're really soul mates. he makes my life perfect. haha.
    would anyone mind sharing their love stories,i would love to hear them.. hehe, it's always so nice to hear. xoxo
    how did your pole dancing class go? how's your throat?

trina - welcome back!!!!!!
    so glad you enjoyed your hols, despite the hiccup at the start..how is codie feeling?
    poopy isnt rolling yet. though if i roll him onto his side/almost tummy, and leave there stable, he's able to roll onto his back. and has this ''what the hell just happened look'. so cute! but he hasnt done any rolling by himself yet.

Jo - so sorry about waht happened. i know what you mean. yesterday must have been a yucky day for us.
    i went into work to have yum cha as one of my friends was leaving. I work in the city and it's abt 40mins drive. leaving home wasnt a good start. i started to drive, and poopy started crying so i pulled over in the next suburb and he had made a poo. so changed him in the car, and hurt my back. so got into the city and parked at broadway shopping centre(i always take the train to work) and it took a while cos i couldnt find the right lift to to the grnd floor. so then most of them had already gone to chinatown, and few of my friends waited for me. we walked up and the stupid restaurant just had stairs, no wheelchair access or lifts. so one of the girls carried poopy and 2 of the guys carried the pram. i had a good time, the girls carried poopy while i stuffed my face, i had scallops, oysters, salt and pepper calamari etc.
    anwyay, when i was to leave, gave him a feed at the parents room and changed his nappy. he started crying as we were leaving so i thot he was just tired being out all day. anway, i heated up a bottle in the car warmer, and started driving. wanted to beat teh friday afternoon traffic, it was 3ish.
    he started screaming and screaming, and i pulled over in glebe, and gave him his bottle which was still cool.
    started driving and he screamed and screamed. i was so in tears.
    pulled over again, picked him up and he spat up his milk and his pants was wet. changed that and he was better. cried a little but finally slept on the way. i was so scared cos of the friday traffic. i called steve as i left the city and was in tears. i had a good time seeing all my friends and it was like my old life and everyone was fussing over poopy and it felt so good. and then all that happened and i felt i just lost all control and didnt know what to do.
    i was in a state, alone on the road and didnt know what was wrong.. i was so exhausted when i got home..
    i did watch the wedding on 7. did garth really say my awful wedded wife?

danni - maybe her sleeping routine is changing, they do that sometimes.

i think im ok about going back to work part-time. some days i think i cant imagine not being with poopy but after seeing my friends at work, i miss my old life and my friends. i ahve a really nice work enviroment, a wonderful boss and good friends. i will probably do 3 days a week i think. and i think it will be good for poopy to go to day care, he doesnt have friends/cousins close to us, so it will be good for him to grow up w other kids in a social environment.

better go. long post, plus poopy needs his beddy boobie.

love you all.
    Last edited by prama; May 31st, 2008 at 09:53 PM.

well I suppose its time for an update from me

Jake is going well, he was at his 8wk check 5.1kg and 62cm long hes grown since then so I am going to weigh and measure him on monday. He is a long and skinny baby!!!still in Newborn disposables (infants don't fit, they are huge!!!) he now wears 00 jump suits and has almost grown out of them leangth wise but they are so baggy round the middle!!!!! he can still fit most 0000 clothes though he has been bought lots of 000 so he is wearing them most of the time.

he is now 100% breast fed, no sheilds etc....he does get a bottle if I am busy but not often. It tskes abou 30-40min for a feed in the day, morning feeds are longer as he drains both boobs which takes a while!!! He sleeps from about 8pm till 4am most nights has a quick feed and then sleeps till 7am when he has a really big feed.

Our routine tends to got like this:

4am - Feed, back to sleep
    6:30-7am - Feed, then drop dad at work
    7:30am -Ride my young horse for 1/2 hour or so depending on how long jake is contented in his swing for
    9am - time for another feed
    9:30-11am - Playtime,
    11:15am - Feed
    11:30 Sleep
    2:30pm - wake from sleep and feed
    3pm - 4pm - playtime
    4:15pm - Feed then drop off at babysitters so I can ride my other horse for an hour
    6:30pm - pick up from babysitter & feed
    7 - Feed
    8 - Bath, feed and bed

I have been very busy the last few weeks preparing for shows with the horses and we had a massive clinic with 2showjumping and dressage instructors last weekend so have not had much free time!!!

Jake is now smiling heaps! he also had a laugh the other day but doesn't tend to do that much yet, just mainly smiles and makes noises. He is now reaching for things and grabbing them and loves his playgym mat thing as he can bat at the toys and grab them. He is also looking like he will roll over soon, he is almost getting up on his side but hasn't done the big push over yet, we will see if he actually does it in the next few days. He also says "haaallloooowwww" to us when we say hello, it's something he does regularly so he's obviously learning to recognise words. Jake can hold his head when he is sitting up and held upright, and he can lift it up when he's on his belly but he cant hold it up for long periods yet though he is getting there! He cannot stand on his own feet for long periods when held like some other babies I know but that's ok, he's very bright in the mental department according to the health nurse and the doctor. He loves to watch TV with Dad and had his first origin game the other week (slept through it like a pro LOL).

The last few days have been very windy for us so hopefully the infacol will sort it all out, fingers crossed!!!

better go he's getting ready for a sleep and that's my cue to go ride a horse!!!!

Cheers
    Lisa

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789