Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #3

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - awwww.... it is scary that they are all turning 1, hey? Zander sounds so cute in his sleeping bag. From what I can gather, most Mums go through the whole guilt thing when they start TTC or are pregnant with #2. It's completely normal - after all, you love that little bundle sooooo much, how can there possibly be enough left over for another?? Just think... if you do get pregnant soon, Zander and the new bubs will be nice and close together in age and keep each other company. That's an awesome gift to give him! Also... he won't be so widdle by the time bubby comes along *wink* Hope Zander's cold buggers off quick smart!

Bec - lol @ the hangovers. They're not pretty, hey?? Darn @ the sunburn but YAY for looking skinny, hehehe.

Gab vomitted last night so I was greeted with a delightful smell when I got her up in the morning. How she slept in it, I don't know! I am just hoping it wasn't for long. Had to strip her bed and clothes and wash her sleeping bag. She had to sleep in a 00 sleeping bag during the day because it wasn't warm enough to dry her regular one (it can't be put in the dryer). It's so lovely. My step Mum (of all people) bought it for her. Not sure what brand it is but it's kind of like a gro-bag. She should fit into it for quite a while. The only problem is it doesn't have sleeves so I have to make sure her arms are warm enough with a jumper. I guess once winter comes along it will be easier to keep her warm. She won't sleep with a blanket over her yet so I don't bother (she just ends up crying). She seems ok now - just a bit sooky today. Hopefully no more spews tonight!!

Hey Bec - I've been sick all day - thats a good sign for being pg huh??
    For all those that care - I told Bec to come over, I had the wine. She turns up with ANOTHER bottle, that was nicer than mine, but not as cold, so we had to drink mine before attacking hers.
    Before we knew it - both were gone. I've been SOOOOO ill all day, and I told you that the sun was attacking you!!! I bet you are a skinny looking lobster! LOL.

Sarah - once you are pregnant, it will all feel right. And I'm not sure how many babies you have been playing with - but ours aren't little anymore!! They will all be walking and talking by the time the next ones come along, and throwing tanties no doubt. Bummer on the cold - but YAY on him sleeping it off. I would love a sleeping baby at the mo. She is shocking.

Oh Deb - yucko on the spew. I'm sure if it was upsetting her, she would have let you know by crying. PJ's should be fine under the gro-bag thingy. You dont need anything too warm. I have 2 room thermometers, so you can have one of those if you are worried.

Gotta go umpiring tonight, on a sick gut. I've told Bec - no more Sunday drinkies, it kills Monday at work, and she just gets to play with a delightful baby all day. Actually, I know which is harder......

Fi

Ouchies on the sore heads ladies but I am sure you had a wonderful time which is the most important thing I say.

I was a dirty stop out myself Friday night. 8-[ One of my closest collegues was leaving us and we left work at 3pm for 'a drink or two' hmm... a few drinks later it was 9.30pm when I was walking in the door! How lovely of hubby to put little man to bed for me. I was rapt and had a lovely time.

Sarah - yep Zander is going to be one. OMG - where on earth did that time go!! I hear on the 2nd baby thing. Will we or won't we? I still can't bring myself to check in at the TTC threads!

Deb - poor Gabby, hope she is better. I'm with Fi - I am sure it wasn't too long.

Yay for looking skinny Bec!

Fi - how is work going? Hope netball wasn't too tough on you.

ange-par Guest

Hi All

Ella is home from the hospital now. She had a gastro virus that only caused her to vomit. No poo thank god!!!!! She lost 600grams in 4 days and is still very weak, but is on the road to recovery.

Ella says "Thank you for your get well wishes".

CONGRATULATIONS GABBY!!!

Just saw she is Baby Of the Month!!

WoooHooooo!!!

Ange... I am glad to hear Ella is out of Hospital. I hope she stacks on the weight now she is feeling a bit better.

All you poor women with hangovers!! LOL... It's been that long since I had a drink I don't think I could handle 2 bottles of wine.. maybe a glass!!

Eww @ Gab's Vomit!! Yuck!! I hope she isn't sick...

Sarah, it's scary taht they are almost 1!! I am sure Emily wasn't this small when she turned 1!! I think it's cause Emily is older that Violet still looks like a baby. I am completely opposite to you... in the baby thinking area... didn't even think it when I wanted another after Emily. Not sure why. But I know my best friend thought exactly like you... You'll be amazed at how Zander will cope, and what is even more amazing is that was can still love our child as much as ever and love the next one (or two or tree ) just as much!! O

Fi, maybe Jenna is teething? I hope she starts sleeping better for you.

Tanya

Hi all,
    Well what a busy day for us MCHN this morning and Paed at noon.
    What can I say ...my daughter has porked on some weight and is a healthy 12 month old. Her feet although look funny are normal and I wont be putting shoes on her till she can walk ( scrunches her toes under and walks on the side of her foot) her heart murmour is still there but not effecting anything her black circles under her eyes are just her and her bruise on her ribcage is a "blue nevis" like a strawberry one but under the skin...bit like a birth mark but all in all she is very heathy girl. For once in the 12 months I feel like I have done a good job, somehting that is easy to doubt when you have a scarred child rearing attitude like mine.
    Yah bring on the cows milk no more formula
    Bec
    tut tut tut to the drinking girls, the thing is that if I hadnt had to go I could of done another bottle lol

Debbie Lee Guest

What's this, hey?? Having a drinking session without inviting yours truly along?? LOL j/k... I am still drunk shy from last time so I would have been no fun.

Bec - glad to hear that Eliza is fighting fit and you are feeling good about yourself and your mothering ability!! It must feel so nice to walk out of that MCHC with a smile rather than feeling inadequate! Hooray! Yay for the cows milk too. It's going to save us quite a bit of money once Gab is on it full time. I can't wait either!

Tanya - LOL @ not being able to handle one glass of wine. I'd love to be a fly on the wall the next time you have a drink! I bet it will be a riot.

Chrissy - fanks matey!

Ange - glad to hear Ella is on the mend. Poor chook! Gastro is nasty!!

Nell - yay for having drinks and coming home to Matty all snug in bed! Topped off a nice evening, I bet.

Fi - how did umpiring go?? Hope it wasn't too icky.

Haha Deb - It would have been a long stagger home for you! At least Bec can drag herself home. Umpiring was fine - thansk for asking. Hard way to earn $15 though.......
    Still, once I stop working, I can umpire and potentially earn about $150 a week if need be, so its kinda good.

Tanya - yes, a seasoned drunk over here. Its amazing it only took a couple of months to get back into my old ways. The binge I partook in over the m/c period certainly helped my capacity. How long did it take you to conceive Emily and Violet? Do you htink you'll be TTC for long?

Bec - yay on the MCHN appt. Sounds like it went well. And yay for a healhy girl. What did they say to do about the cows milk? Fill us in.

Angela -I'm glad Ella is back home. How long do you have to keep her away from other babies? I know I was told with our gastro it can stay in the system for 2 weeks afterwards!!! Mostly in the poo, so wash your hands lots Hope she porks up again soon.

Nell - yay on thr drinkies, and double yay on the great hubby.

So we are still getting terrible nights here. Its just so hard with work too, I reckon I only got 4 hrs last night. She is going down, and then waking up a couple of times a night screaming!!! last night it was 3am, and then by about 4am I finally checked her nappy, pooey, and then Shane tried again to settle her. Finally at 4:30 she was being fed in bed (I gave in.....) and back to her cot after that.
    Teething?? I dont know, but its been bad since I went back to work. The front ones are looking more swollen, but no white bits yet.

Fi

Fi, Violet would wake crying and not give up until I got her up... So now I just giver her a drink of water... not that has been happening very often of late. I get her up... walk her to the kitchen, get her straw cup, put some water in it and give rher a drink (most of the time I'll warm it in the microwave for a sec) then put her soundly back to bed... it takes two minutes... maybe it will work for Jenna...? Better than putting her in bed with you, unless you like having her there odf course.... I hate sleeping with them!
    I didn't ttc Emily 8-[ I went off the pill... don't ask why! And next thing I know I am pg! Whoops! Violet took two cycles... the first cycle was a **** poor effort tho! The second cycle I reccon we just made it! Wato and I had a bit of a wild session and he couldn't BD for a while after... meanwhile I O'd, while he couldn't dtd. Didn't think I had a chance... but just goes to show never count your chickens! So after my weak effort last cycle (I wasn't going to ttc, then at the last minute...) I reccon well have a real go this cycle.. only BDing once over O tho.

Deb.. yes I am a funny drunk... very scary! lol Good thing is tho... I don't usually get hang overs (Dunno about now tho... it's been a while), just the major dries!

Glad to hear all is well with mis Eliza and your parenting Bec!!

Are any of you geelong girls going to the Melbourne meet in a couple of weeks time??

Tanya

Fi with the cows milk my paed said I could do it either way, reduce the amount of formula each day and substitute with full cream milk, so last night I only made up 3\4 formula and top up today is half and half tomorrow is quarter three quarter and then all milk. She has had no reaction so I'm taking she ok.But he did say with the amounts of cheese and yoghurt she eats swapping her straight over would be ok, just watch her after first consumption. She should only be on 3 bottles a day so that will be interesting how I am going to drop her from 5.
    But last night whhooohooo she drank 280ml of milk formula, which coming from my 120ml max girl is quite good. I wont mention that she also woke at 1am for another and again at 5 lol. They told me when I was in SCN with her that one day it would all click.....only taken 11 and half months.
    Enough of me going to kill some spideys
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Ewwww... spiders!! Are you not scared of them, Bec? Glad to hear that Eliza is enjoying her milk. Gab is down to 3 bottles (though I think she'd happily drink 5 if I offered them to her, LOL). I have put some cow's milk in her arvo bottle the last few days and no reaction so I am hoping I can swap straight over when she hits that illusive 12 month mark (which means only 1 more tin of formula! Hooray!). Hey, you never know... the cow's milk might fill Eliza up more and she won't have so many bottles?? At least you'll know she's getting in all her calcium! LOL

Tanya - sounds to me like you'll be preggo again pretty soo with your track record!! LOL Easy-peasy! Not much fun for Wato tho. I'll have to check out the Melbourne meet but I probably won't be able to go. Too hard with the 2 girls (and Paige gets picked up at 2:30pm) and lack of $$$ with a crapola petrol guzzler.

Fi - very handy to earn a few extra $$ with umpiring when you stop work. Any extra $$ you can make come in handy. Just the $20 a day I get from Paige has helped lower our mortgage payments - better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick, LOL. Ick @ the crappy sleeps! I don't envy you. Come on Miss Jenna! Mum and Dad need their sleep!

Baby free day today! Yay! I've been to the gym this morning and that's about all I have achieved so far, LOL. My street is being re-asphalted because our neighbour has been hassling the council about it (I don't think there is anything wrong with it!) so my car is parked around the fricken block! Such a hassle! Ah well... I should be glad it was done on a day when the bubs aren't here.

Yay - just wanted to sneak in and sya we had a decent nights sleep...phew!
    Tanya - have tried the water thing - doesn't cut it

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo, Fi! Glad to hear you got a good sleep last night.... here's to more of the same!!!

Hello Ladies

I firstly want to apologise for being MIA for so long, I have been trying to read all your posts but just havent had a chance to catch up properly or post myself.

Things have TOTALLY SUCKED here. My Dad passed away on Saturday February 25, very unexpected especially as 9 days earlier we were told 3-6 months and Dad had been to the Dr 2 hours before I had to call an ambulance to take him to hospital. Pretty p*ssed off with his GP, but will hopefully be able to deal with things a little better soon. Just miss him soooo much.

The girls are coping sort of okay, Shannen was meant to go to camp on the Monday, but she chose to stay home close to me. They are both at school this week, but will be on holidays as of tomorrow. Hayley has no idea what is happening.

Hayley will be 1 yr old in 8 days and the last thing I feel like doing is celebrating, but we will do something special for her. Hayley is in the midst of teething and is really cranky most of the time, but I think a lot of it has to do that my Dad used to care for her a lot of the time and she misses him.

My sister has had the last 2 wks off work, so she has been here every day, so that has been nice. Next week we will be on holidays and hopefully I will be able to start to feel a little more normal. I will hopefully be able to get back to a routine of sorts next week and keep up with you all.

Will pop in again soon.

Dinky you have my sincerest sympathies!! I hope you are coping ok. As someone who has lost their father I have some inkling of how you are feeling... let me know if I can be of any help!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday Tehya!!
    (sorry I am a day late!)

Happy birthday Charlotte!!

Hooray for the good nights sleep Fi! Any more teeth?

Deb, lol at our ttc not being fun for Wato!! He is all excited cause I am Oing soon!

Not a great deal happening here... pretty boring! lol

Tanya

I did'nt get a chance to get on yesterday, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEHYA!!!!!!

Hope you had a good one

I am so sorry to hear about your father Dinky. We lost my FIL unexpectedly a couple of years ago and it does totally suck.

Happy Birthday Tehya- hope you had a wonderful day!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast