Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #3

Hi Hi Hi!! I'm still around

Sounds like we have quite a few walkers now YAAAAY!! Zander is walking as well, in the last two days moreso than he has been crawling! He's finally figured out how to get down off the lounge feet first as well - clever little monkey.

So how are all the 1st birthday party plans coming along? I've finaly organised a sort of theme for Zander's - it's Ollie from Nick Jr. He just loves him, stops what he's doing every time he comes onto the TV. So his invitations have Ollie on them & I have an Ollie cake pattern too.

Zander is into steps as well Tanya. Did you mean she walked up a step upright?? Cos Zander has discovered how to crawl up steps - goes up mum's 16 and sits at the top grinning like he's sooo clever LOL! Yaaaay on the new teeth Violet

Hehe Deb, it really looks like Gab's asleep in that photo, like she is soooo warn out from being at the beach!! Well done. BTW I think it would make a gorgeous scrap page We had the same issue with the cot when we had our carpets cleaned just before Zander was born, silly thing wouldn't get out the door! Yaaaay at first steps, it's so exciting & scary at the same time!

Hey Bec, why is Eliza having another hearing test, did I miss something? Are they supposed to have another one?

Matthew sounds ike one of the bubs at my MG Dee - super tall! Funny thing is his mum is this tiny little petite thing so he comes up pretty high on her! How did the photos go? Hope he was a good boy for the photographer.

That website sounds great Fi, might have to check it out

Wow at 10 teeth Angela, I thought Zander has alot!! He has 8 and has done since he was 8 months old!!

Well Eliza passed her hearing test, I think she worked the system out pretty quickly. In Vic we have a standard new born and then again at 10-12 months just to confirm hearing is to adequate speech and development. Hope all is well with everyone....the shop just rang to let me know that Elizas birthday present is ready whoohoo!! I'm not going to pick it up yet as I will weaken and give it to her.
    Birthday plan is well nothing yet hope people are good at short notice!!!
    Bec

Hi girls

Bec.. yay for passing the hearing test... there is always a niggling doubt until someone says they are fine... well thats what I think anyway 8-[
    What did you get Eliza for her Birthday? I am not sure what to get Violet... I am sick of all these toys... Maybe something she can keep... dunno yet.

Sarah, good to see you in here... we miss you O Yay for Zander walking!! They are so cute when they walk... you really notice how small they are!
    Yeah I ment Violet tried to walk up a step... upright...lol. Didn't quite make it tho. Wato put shoes on her this afternoon... that put a stop o her walking...lol... but she like them on.

Hope you are all doing well

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - LOL @ Jenna being the opposite to Eliza in features... you just neva know tho! My sister's BF was white blonde as a child and now has really dark hair! They can change soooo much.

Sarah - you guessed it... that pic is going to feature on her beach page (when I get time to get some more done!). There's no way I'll have it done before her birthday. Wow @ Zander walking more and more! Clever little monkey! Gabby is standing up heaps more (she loves to squat and stand then squat again... she thinks she's soooo clever). Sounds like Zander's "Ollie" birthday is going to be a hit! Good on you for finding a theme. I was going to do a bugs n' bees theme but decided against it because we're doing the naming day thingy aswell. I've sent out all the invites and have started buying bits and pieces. I've turned the spare room into a toy room so that the littlies can go and play in there safely (and the toys stay out from under our feet). Well... that's the plan anyway!

Bec - yay for Eliza's hearing test going well. Gab is going for hers the day before her birthday. I'm going to leave the vaccinations until after her party, I think. I don't want her being all sick and grumpy if I can help it! Yay for Eliza's birthday present. What did ya get?? I wasn't going to get anything for Gab but I was in Target yesterday and couldn't resist. I got her the peek-a-blocks train because she doesn't have any of the big toys that go with the cube blocks (her Uncle got her one for the round ones after I asked him to buy one for the blocks... urrgh!!). I also got her a pair of winter PJ's. At least she'll have a couple of things to open on her bday.

I became an Aunty again yesterday... well, a step-Aunty anyway. My step brother, Zach, and his wife had a little girl - Keleah Jane Marie. She was 9lb 7oz so a big girl. She's a little sister to Tayeanne who was just a bub when Zach met her Mum but Zach has adopted her. All very exciting. I'll probably go visit them tomorrow. She had a c/s so she'll be in hospital for a while.

Ooops Tanya... missed you cos we were posting at the same time! Doh! Sounds like a keep-sakey thing might be the go for Violet. I imagine after a couple of kids, the toys pile up mighty high. LOL @ Violet not walking because she had shoes on. It's almost like they have to re-learn how to do it with those strange things on their feet!

Hmm, I think I might have to check if the hearing trst is the same in NSW...

I'll try harder Tanya, I swear Wowee at Violet trying to walk properly up a step, now that's scary!

Hey Deb, Zander's best bud Piper was doing the stand then squat thing for a few weeks & now she RUNS!!! So look out LOL! I bet Gabby will love the beek-a-block train, Zander has it & he loves it to bits. Are you not buying her many presents?

I'm such a shocker with presents LOL!! I decided to get Zander a few litle things plus some winter clothes because MG does a $110 voucher ($10 from each mum). Sooo I have bought him heaps of winter clothes (gotta love ebay - I got 2 BNWT jeans for $15 inc postage \/) and pyjamas. Other than that I have bought him a Little People doll, a photo album that's like a bath book, some cars and a ittle piano thingy. From MG I'm going to get him a ball pit & one of those little sofa thingos.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! Lucky Zander! That's a good idea doing the $10 from everyone at MG, Sarah. $110 is a fantastic amount to work with! We were meant to do $5 in a card (so it would only come to $35) but the concept was lost on a couple of members. Some of them only give the $5 if they go to the child's party!! Urrgh! Sometimes you wonder where people's heads are at, hey? We're not getting much for Gab because we just can't afford it. The party will set us back quite a bit and, I figure, she won't remember it anyway. If money was no object, she'd be spoilt rotten!! LOL I almost bought heaps more yesterday but was a good girl and settled for the train (which I am sure she'll love!).

We have downplayed the party, because I prefer the present thing LOL!! We are going to the Botanic Gardens near us for a BBQ, I'm supplying soft drinks & salads, everyone has to BYO meat & alcohol if they want. It's a shame that your MG thing didn't work out, our biggest problem is the birthdays are so close together, last month we had 4 in a row!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sounds like a good idea with the party, Sarah. I'm sure you'll have a blast (and your house won't be trashed in the process, hehehe). Urrgh @ 4 birthdays in a row... nothing like a $40 slog, hey? Still... it's better to contribute a little $$ than buy a cheap and nasty present, hey?
    LOL @ you and the presents. It's fun, isn't it? Almost like we get more out of it than the children.... neva!!! *wink*

Who us?? Never!!!! I've spent hours on websites & in shops trying to find the perfect presents for him. I got more than I planned, but alot of it was on ebay (I only by BNWT though).

Hey everyone

OOoooooooOoooOOooOO!!!!!!!!! All these birthdays!!!! Isn't exciting.. but a bit sad too... our little bubs are growing up!

I can't believe Bastian will be 1 tomorrow!! Time seems to have gone sooo quickly, and it'll only get worse.

Sounds like everyone is having a ball with the walking! Of course, ours is a lazy little bugger and has figured out that even though he can walk if he wants to, he still get to everything faster by taking a couple of steps then dropping to his knees and hooning off!

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick hello! Got to get back to cleaning for the party... I think we've got about 14 kids and 20something adults turning up to our place!

p.s. Gab is absolutely gorgeous in that pic Deb!! If I were Neil I'd be the proudest Daddy around

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww fanks, Zola.
    Happy birthday to Sebastian for tomorrow! OMG... I can't believe he is 1!!

Really? It doesn't seem that long ago that we were all going through pregnancies, labour and coping with newborns. Now I really know what people mean when they say, "They grow up SO fast!". Sheesh!

Happy birthday Sebastian!!

Hi all, not much time. I'm not sure where it all goes these days - something to do with working full time and doing silly stuff like netball. I'm not sure when I'll realise I'm too old for this stuff. The body is aching this morning and I could barely pull myslef out of bed. Ahhhhhh it all hurts!!!
    I've been selectedfor the D grade side - again. But as I said to Shane, I'd rather get a full game in the D's then a part game in the C's and besides - I'm hoping to only play a few months of the season.

Deb - You wont be long before Gabby is taking little steps I'm sure!! The squatting thing adds to their balance act, and I think its one of the last stages before they can start moving feet. As for MG presents - we are all buying on $20 (Ithink??) present, andwrapping it, and having a group party at one of the indoor centres, and putting all the presetns in the middle. The babies can go for the presents, and the first one they touch is theirs. And we have a rule - no presetns if you go to the parties.
    Its too hard otherwise I think. Your $5 rule sounds great - bummer people didn't understand it.

Sarah - WOWmore posts from you in one day than the last month!! Nice to see you, and glad that Zander is doing so well. Your party sounds wonderful, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Bec - I haven't got a hearing test appt. Should I be worried??

Last night at training we took the girls to the beach (only 100m or so) for training in the water, it was just too hot for them otherwise, but I have Jenna until senior training at 6:30 cause Shane has to watch cricket training. Anyway, I new she would crack it not being int the water, soI put her suit on and let her play. She wasn't even a little scared of the water!! Even the waves! She went under, over, splashed and drank. Had a ball.

Righto - time to get ready for work - TGIF

Fi

I'm on a roll Fi Sounds like life is very hectic for you at the moment. I suppose that's better than being bored LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHYDA SEBASTIAN OMG Zola, I can remember when you sent me that email waaaay back when, yup I kept it I just had a look over the emails back & forward & had a bit of a teary moment seeing you saying you wouldn't take it as positive until you had done a 2nd test, cos Bastian is now 1 year old!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BASTIAN!!!!!!

We love you heaps little man !!

So far he's opened his pressies (50% of them dump trucks!) and had his bottle. Daddy has gone off to the bakery to get fresh bread for toast!!!

Thanks everyone I'll pass on the birthday wishes to our Schnerkle!!

Hurry up & change ticker!!! I want one of our bubbas to say 1 YEAR OLD!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEBASTIAN
    Hope you have a wonderful day Zola doting on that beautiful 1 year old boy.
    I had a teary moment this morning , I said to Nick that this time in a week we were on our way to the hospital thinking how our lives are changing. His typical response was yep it was like Surviour at the end where you see all the people and they reflect..hmmm NO!
    Typical response from him
    Shushh Eliza is getting a bike..lol well not really a bike it is a bike but they are strapped in and you can push it with the big stick. Its so cute with a flag and tassles, Nick still begrudges the fact he has never had a bike that cost that much..pmsl well at least it isnt a pony another of my smart ideas.
    Have a great day at work Fi I think I might need a debrief this weekend some time pmsl
    Bec
    Oh Fi hearing tests wait another week or so and give them a call I think they might be a little behind
    Oh also Angela just rang and said Ella is in hospital with a virus will hear more today sometime.

Happy Birthday Sebastion!!

Ange... I hope Ella is ok!! Poor little mite!

Fi, sounds like Jenna had a ball at the beach!! It's kinda scary when they have no fear!

Bec... you have built a rod for your back!! You are going to be pushing that bike around for HOURS!!! lol Good Idea tho, I wish I had've gotten one for Em... and yes they are expensive!!

Sent out Violet invites a couple of days ago. We are just doing arvo tea on the Sunday... Still not sure what to get her...?

Tanya

Tanya:This ones rod is really high its from a proper bike shop, and I have now declared it a Daddy Daughter activity..lol
    Bec

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast