Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #6

Tanya - Thanks for asking about me! I am doing okay, well, sort of! I am managing to do most of the mundane things but I am finding every day harder to get through. I miss Dad sooo much, its totally scary! I guess I will get better in time, perhaps by Xmas when I have my LifeGem I will be somewhat normal! I have to say Congratulations on speaking to this girls Mum, most parents wouldnt do that, so well done! You are so lucky to be so close with Alecia. It is really scary to have to go through this so early in life! I hope things work out for you.

Better go as Hayley has just removed a pile of paperwork and thrown it around the lounge...why does she insist on making the house a tip?

I have missed out on so much in here.
    Dinky- I'm so sorry to hear about your father.May his passing bring him to everlasting peace.
    Tanya- I'm so proud of Alecia for telling you about her friend, she is really growing up isn't she.By the way, how are you feeling hun?
    Everyone else please accept this from me! I'll try not to be a stranger from now on. If anyone wants to know what has been happening with me lately , feel free to check out my pregnancy thread!

Jess

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well.

Dinky - being a junior netball coach myself, that is shocking. I have on occasion told my girls I was disappointed in the fact that they didn't win, but its not on to tell them that it was all their fault!! Its bad form - I would be having a word to the club president as they will likely want to step in anyway, and having ammo from parents will help their case.
    I know its the same thing in our club with a couple of the coaches.

Tanya - total freak out on Alecias friend!!! That is scary! Mind you - I remember the girls that got pregnant in high school, and I often wonder how they are now. I'm sure they aren't doing as well as yourself - going back and studying etc isa big plus for you

Jess - hope you are feeling good

Trish - great that Tehya's lesson went so well. We are trying to decide if we should take jenna back for another term, but she honestly spent so much time in the water over summer, we are probably right fora little longer. The main thing is - she's not scared of getting her head wet, so I'mhappy withthat.

As for me - I'm fine. Still queezy all the time, scan on Friday which hopefully will go better than the last time. I'm a bit scared, last time all I got to see was a little baby not moving. It will be the same size as last time, about 2.5cm with obvious arms and legs and head, just hopefully a heartbeat this time. Its at a different clinic, so here's hoping thats a good sign.

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - good luck for Friday, matey. My thoughts will be with you. I don't blame you for being scared! May that heartbeat be really strong and obvious to help put your mind at ease. Yay for still feeling queasy... that's great!

Jess - sounds like you've been flat-out! Will go and check you pregnancy thread when I get a chance.

Dinky - I think it's the mission of all children to make your house as messy as possible in the quickest time possible, LOL. They are little ratbags, hey? Hug 4 U.... I have both my parents so I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose one. Wow @ Shannen's netball coaches. That's a bit rough - especially for girl's their age. Do they not get that being part of a team sport isn't just about winning?? Constructive criticism does the world of good... but, even then, it has to be projected a certain way so that it doesn't hurt their delicate self-esteems. Sheesh.. the last thing a pre-teen needs to hear is that they are pathetic - esp. from someone that they potentially look up to!! I hope those coaches get a wrap over the knuckles for it!

Tanya - good on you for speaking to Alecia's friend's Mum. That would have taken guts! Most people these days don't like to "get involved" - when it comes to stuff like this tho, I think it's great that you said something. After all, as kids get older, it's gets harder and harder to keep track of them all the time. I hope it's not too late for Alecia's friend tho.
    We're moving to Hamilton. You probably didn't miss the news so much as I didn't really want to say anything in here because we found out the same day that I found out your news I posted a woo hoo about it tho... that has all the details in it. Woo hoo for the green light! That's great... hope you can convince Wato... I bet once he sees how you feel about it, he'll oblige.

Neil picked Gab up from childcare today... he offered!! He was missing her, I think, LOL. She came back full of beans! They put her shoes on the wrong feet tho... she was still walking around OK but MAN, it looked funny! They are weird shoes... pre-walkers from JK Kids. She seems to walk in them ok tho.

Hamilton, hey!! Wato goes fosicking for gem stones down that way... uuumm Morella?? Once a year or so... What's in Hamilton, if you don't mind me asking... maybe I should just go and look at your Woohoo...

Fi, your bub will be perfectly fine!! I can't wait to hear alllllll about it

Well, $Hlt has hit the fan!! Alecia's friend rang her yelling at her...urgh!! I told her mum to make she she didn't let on that Alecia told her. Apparently this girls mum went and told her everything I said... like I know you did it down at the skate park, I know you think you were pregnant!! Urgh!! Honestly! I have met her a couple of times and I really don't think she has much of an idea! I told her to be subtle about it, but obviously she just came right out with it!! Anyway, now poor Alecia has to bare the brunt of her mothers stupidity! If need be I will call this girl myself!!!

Tanya

Oh no, poor Alecia. That silly mum has gone about it all the wrong way hasn't she, there's no way the girl will be telling her friends anything now *sigh*

I am going absolutely nuts over here with lack of sleep again. I lost count of how many times I had to get up last night. I just have no idea of what's going on. Alexzander is perfectly fine during the day day sleeps are great but for some reason he is losing it of a night. He just screams & screams after he's been in bed for about 3hrs. Usually I can console him and by about anywhere between midnight & 2am he sleeps and I don't have to get up anymore, but not last night. I was trying to go back to bed for a sleepin just now after the stupid cat woke me up, but he started up again. He's back in bed and I am a mess!!! What to do? What to do? I think I'll take him to the ECHN this morning as a start & see where we go from there.

Hey Ladies

Jess - Thanks so much for your thoughts. How are you doing? I hope that you are okay.

Fi - I am glad that you agree that these coaches are [email protected]! A number of the parents have complained but they are short on coaches, so we have to wait it out. Apparently they told the girls that they dont want to coach them next season, they want a team that will win (their words). None of the girls want to train as all they do is cop abuse, but they will all play the game, so I guess thankfully its the last week! Looks like the president of the association wants to train the girls next season, which will be much better! Best of Luck for Friday, I will be thinking of you, but just know that bubs is a sticker!

Deb - I have to say that Hayley has taken to demolishing the house on a daily basis right now, bloody annoying, but I will get there eventually! As Tayla keeps reminding me, I am an orphan now, I dont have either parent, Mum passed away almost 9 yrs ago and to lose Dad due to medical negligence from his GP is way too much! I miss him heaps, but am at least trying to make an effort to keep in touch with people in here again, which is a huge step for me! Shannens coaches are pathetic, they seem to forget that we made the finals last season and went up a grade, a huge step for them. Hopefully they will get the hint and leave our team for good! LOL @ Gab's shoes on the wrong feet, she will be putting them on that way herself soon!

Tanya - How dissappointing about that mother! I hope Alecia doesnt cop too much flack about it, but I know that you will sort it all out! Its so frustrating especially when you did the right thing, to have this mother ruin it all, guess this girl wont be telling Alecia anything from now on, so her mother will have to work it out herself! Good Luck!

Sarah - Last night must have been a horrible night, we had one too! Hayley went to bed at 10pm, but woke at midnight and I finally got her back to sleep at 5am, after hours of screaming! I am totally knackered. So I know how you feel! Of course she is still asleep now, so she will be full of beans today! I hope you can work out what the problem is!

Today is going to be fun! Off to Tayla's assessment at 1.30pm, so that will be interesting. Shannen is still home with this virus and she is so pale and lethargic, not much I can do though. She is still asleep now. I am trying to clean up a little and get a couple of loads of washing done, yuk! Wish I could put it out on the line instead of looking like a chinese laundry, I hate winter! DH was supposed to be heading o/s with work but they have decided to send someone else again, so he is ****ed off. Apparently his boss is being a jerk, docked his pay 30 minutes coz he was 6 minutes late..grrrr! So he now has to work an extra 6 minutes to get 30 minutes pay next week. DH really wants to go o/s, but they are being painful and not sending him, not sure why! Hopefully he will go in a couple of months when things are a little more settled here!

Okay, off to try and clean this tip, hopefully Hayley will stay asleep long enough for me to get most of it done.

Debbie Lee Guest

Dinky - grrr @ your DH's boss. I hate it when they get so petty like docking his pay for being a whole 6 minutes late. Sheesh... couldn't he have just stayed back another 6 minutes?? Really... that's a bit silly! Pity your DH hasn't had a chance to go overseas either. Neil's boss promised him a couple of trips to the Fiji factory last year. Gabby and I were going to go and meet him when he finished his 2 weeks and stay another week for a holiday (his boss even said he'd pay for our passports). Never happened! Thus the reason Neil applied for this new job. Sick of empty promises. You're doing soooo well with catching up on here! Well done!

Tanya - oh no @ Alecia's friend's Mum... silly woman! Hope Alecia doesn't cop too much flack about it. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the girl won't want to be Alecia's friend anymore.... I know that's horrible but, hey, do you really want Alecia hanging out with someone like that? Dunno if you had a look but the reason we are moving to Hamilton is because Neil got a job at the new Mineral Separation plant up there. He'll be a plant operator and start on a wage heaps better than his current one. It'll be shift work...4 on, 4 off... so I'll be able to work when he is off during the week... so even more money. It's definitely going to be good for us. Both of us don't mind moving out to the country... we'd prefer it to city anyway. Hey... you'll have to come with Wato next time he comes fossicking... we'll hopefully buy a nice, big house so there'll be plenty of room to stay. You're most welcome!

Sarah - HUGE hugs, matey! Sounds like a horrid night, to say the least. I hope the CHN can shed some light on what is happening to Master Zander at night. It's certainly a mystery..... and a frustrating one at that, I bet! Just wish I could do something to help. If you lived closer, we could swap babies every second night?? LOL
    Speaking of swapping babies, I've always had a running joke with one of the girls from my MG. She really wants a girl for her next baby and I really want a boy (she has a little boy). So, I said that if she ends up with another boy and I have another girl, we should swap babies. She thinks it's hilarious! It's even more funny because she's Chinese... she reckons people might notice, LOL.

Just a quick one... Sarah I'm with you!! The wworst night ever last night! She just did not sleep!! She has a bit of a cold, but man!! All night crying! I think she was crying because she couldn't sleep... soooooo frustrating... Now I have another headache!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Not you too, Tanya! Ya poor chooks! Big hugs for you too...

Well I worked out in the wee hours of the morning that I have had 2 uninterrupted sleeps in 4 weeks & I'm just tired!!

The ECHN has nicknamed Zander the mystery boy LOL! He said that it sounds like colic, but he has never heard of such a big kid (hehe he referred to Zander as big!) having it. He said trying controlled crying wouldn't benefit, and I told him not that it matters because I would just never do it! His only option was to try infacol because we have already been trying brauers colic relief. I might wait out another week & then try to see a Dr. Something just has to be done for both of our sanities.

Sorry to hear about all the bad nights last night, definately was the night for it!

LOL at swapping Deb, I've had the same discussions with Piper's mum. I told her I would only swap if her next daughter sleeps as well as Piper who slept through from 2wks old

Hey Ladies

Just thought I would do a quick post before I get stuck into the cleaning yet again!

Sarah - I hope that Zander settles down for you! I know what its lke to survive on no sleep and the sanity soon disappears, LOL! I hope that you get a decent nights sleep soon.

Tanya - You had a shocker too! How did last night go? Hugs matey!

Deb - I am determined to try and post every week day, that way I am not shutting myself off from the world! How is Miss Gab doing?

As for me, yet another day with all the kids home! Grrr! I think they could have gone to school but thought another day and the weekend wouldnt hurt them to recover! They seem to be a little better today! Hayley is being really cute, although trashing the house yet again! BIG NEWS!!! After my whinge yesterday about DH's work, he comes home last night to tell me that he is off to Sydney in a couple of weeks, YAY!!! He apparently has to do that one first and then the next trip will be O/S! Not sure how I will cope doing it all myself but I guess I will learn, well I have to.

Hope you are all doing really well!

ange-par Guest

Sarah - Ella is having a holiday with her Grandparents in Port CAmpbell. As to Zanders upset through the night, my friend had the same problem and she went to a Paed. He said it could have alot to do with iron levels in the baby. He was right. They got Emilys iron up and now she sleep through the night....Just a suggestion.

Deb - Where are you moving to???? Must have missed that post. I'm not on the internet much anymore.

Fi - Hope all goes well for your scan today.

Hi to everyone else and sorry if I've left anyone out.

Ella and I are housesitting in Werribee at the moment. She is having trouble sleeping here so I have to do controlled crying with her. I'm at one end of the house and she is at the other so I really can't hear her and have to watch the clock and then check on her.

Tonight we are having a spa together. It will be the first time we have had a bath together. I really have a phobia about bath water and all the dead skin cells and oil floating around. I'll just have to have a shower after the spa.

It's time to check on the little one. Hope to catch up again soon. Maybe even tomorrow.

LMAO Angela on the dead skin cells. I'd be watching the poo myself!!! And the wee, and all the other good stuff. Bubbles baths are magic. they cover a multitude of sins!

Great news here. Scan was perfect I'm soooooo relieved. Words can't describe how good it feels. The sonographer even checked out my ovaries for cysts, and explained lots to me about the developing cord, and where the placenta is forming (nice and high ) and it was 10000 times better than the last one. So heres hoping it continues.

Tanya - I am sorry about Alecias friend. The good news at this age they tend to hate each other for short periods of time. And if that girl is pregnant, well she might very quickly turn to you for help. I hope everything else is OK in your world. I'm thinking about you.

Deb - LMAO on the swapping story. How will you cope if you get a baby that doesn't sleep through. I was soooo jealous of your good sleeps, I wish sometimes they had happened to us!

Sarah - I'm the same as you. I think we have had 1-2 nights uninteruppted in the last month. Its killing me!!!!!!! Luckily its Shane that gets up to her, and ends up sleeping in the spare bed with her after 2 hrs of crying, but I'm still awake through it all. It sucks. Jenna will put herself to sleep, and then between 3 and 4am shes awake and screaming. And I mean screaming. I have no idea whats going on, but I think I'mgoing to have to start going to bed at 8pm to make up for it.

Dinky - Still have a chat to the netball pres - there is no way your girls should be copping that. And if they dont do anything - talk to the league. They will take action,I can almost guarantee that!!! I am 100% convinced in our league the club would risk being fined if they continued a ridiculous situation like that.

WHo have I forgotten?? I have only got 10mins left before I have to get off, so I better go!

Fi

Hi All,

Fi what wonderful news, I'm so happy glad you got a noice sonographer it does make a difference.
    Ange: Have fun house sitting, yuk on the control crying hope Ms Ella sorts herself out soon
    Sarah: Sorry to hear about Zander, I think it must be an age thing as we are having a few problems with waking about 50 minutes after going doen and then the dreaded 2-3 wake up call. Mine is good all she wants is a cuddle and I usually just put her into bed with us till she falls asleep again...probably not the best solution but a solution
    Dinky: I hope you are feeling better soon, its so hard when you feel alone.
    Deb: I'm not swappin babies..mine cost too much
    Tanya: Hope the smoke has settled some mothers have no idea how to deal with there kids, poor Aleica

Ahh me I am just hanging around for those who don't know I'm about to go and have my ovaries drilled such a wonderful experience, hopefully it will give me the best chance to fall pregnant with my 2 frozen embies. We have decided just to give them a try and then hang up our reproductive hats. So this looks like being done in the next couple of weeks and then I have to have a few months to recover all going well.
    Bathroom renos about to start so not looking forward to that but allowing Eliza to have a bath in a real bath is worth it. SIL is still floating around thankfully feeling better so there won't be dripping noses.
    Hope everyone is well
    Bec

Bec, sounds like you have a busy few weeks/months coming up. Goodluck and I hope all goes well for you.

Fi, YAY. So ahppy fpr you hun, what fantastic news. I bet you just about kissed the sonographer How is Miss Jenna going?

Dinky, don't you just love the never ending cleaning. Tehya likes to trash the place now too, still nothing compared to Noah. Hope things start going smoothly for you soon hun. Somethings got to give hey How rude of DH's boss, sounds like he's a b***ard.

Sarah, atleast you have gotten the 2 nights, I have had NONE in 14 months. Tehya has never slept through. Hope Mr Zander gets his sleep issues sorted out soon. [email protected] Zander being the mystery boy.

Tanya, I agree it must be something in the air Tehya has been a shocker too. I hope that you got some better sleep last night.Buggar about Alecia's friends mum. What a silly woman, if she had off handled it better she might learn of other things going on with her own daughter, now she'll have buckleys.

Deb, yup somebody sure will notice you with a little asian baby. Marks SIL used to say the same thing when we were both pg last time, thankfully i got the girl and she got her boy, I think a little Thai baby would look out of place with my little red heads LOL.

Like I said before Tehya has been a shocker, she has abit of a runny nose but nothing too bad, that is until the middle of the night, she wakes up for a feed and then spends the next hour coughing like mad. I give her a drink of water, cuddles you name it. Thursday night I was up with her from 10 til after 12 with her screaming and coughing. Last night another busy night for us. She is so tired and grumpy. Just walks around crying, starting to do my head in. I know she can't help it but the constant crying gets me. Probably no sleep not helping it either.

We have Joels footy game today, lets see if we can go without any drama this time. Then out for a bbq this afternoon and having a bbq lunch here tomorrow for Mothers Day. Ahh another busy non stop weekend. A day of rest would be fantastic.

Hope all Mummy's have a great day tomorrow and if nothing else get a decent night's sleep and sleep in.

Hi girls, just popping in again to say... I'm sick!! LOL... Well it isn't too bad, but I have felt better...

Alecia waged school yesterday, so my woes are still mounting, but I am doing ok

I hope you all have a wonderful Mothers day

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Hope you have a great day!

Sarah - LOL @ Zander's new nickname "Mystery Boy"... it's a bird, it's a plane.... nooooo it's Mystery Boy!! hehehe... still doesn't give you any answers tho, hey? Hope he has been sleeping better the last couple of nights.

Ange - LOL @ your fear of baths. At least with a spa the water will get hot enought to kill a lot of bugs. I posted a thread in the woo hoo room so you can find out all the goss about where we are moving in there.

Tanya - awwwww @ being sick. Ya poor chook! Oooeer @ Alecia wagging school. That's no good!

Trish - yuk @ your terrible nights. How is Tehya's cough today? Maybe your mother's day present today could be a Nanna-nap? You certainly deserve it!

Bec - I hope your "ovary drilling" goes well!! I had to giggle when you said that you wouldn't swap babies because yours cost so much. Too right!!! Wow... all that you went through and all that you have to go through - my hat comes off to you, matey! I hope things go magnificently with your last couple of frozen embryos.
    Ick @ the bathroom renos. Gotta be one of the worst renos to go through... or do you have an ensuite? That would make life easier!

Dinky - yay for your DH getting to go to Sydney! Glad his job prospects are looking a little better. Hope the kids get some R&R and can go back to school next week - restore a bit of your sanity!

Fi - WOOOO HOOOOOO for such a wonderful scan!! I am soooo thrilled that everything was a-ok and 1000 times better! And yay for such a great sonograher - obviously someone that knows how to put a mother's mind at ease. That's brilliant!! All those sticky vibes that everyone has been sending must have done the trick.
    Yep... dunno if I will cope if the next baby doesn't sleep as well as Gabby. I've been very lucky with her!

We went up to Hamilton again on Friday arvo. Just wanted to drive around a few of the nearby towns and get our bearings so that we know where best to look for property. Unfortunately a couple of the houses we were interested in aren't much chop in real life. We've still got a few months tho. The real estate in town isn't much cheaper than Geelong so we might have to look at neighbouring towns. There's one town we have fallen in love with - Dunkeld. It's gorgeous!! It's back yard is the magnificent view of the Grampians. Soooo picturesque! It's only 20 minutes out of Hamilton - not too bad considering it's 20 minutes to everywhere when you live in Geelong, LOL. We're used to it.

Gab was a delight. She slept for an hour on the way up. She was a show-off when we went out for dinner. There weren't many people so we let her run around. She tried to go behind the bar and follow the waitresses into the kitchen... all with a big, cheeky smile. She slept really well that night too. We stayed in a 3 star motel room - nothing too flash. There were all kinds of weird noises (including someone starting up their reeeeallly loud car at 5:30am) but she slept through it all. We were in the car all the next day (tried to stop as much as possible to let Gab run around) and she hardly grizzled. We're very lucky! She slept most of the way home - gotta love that!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast