Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #6

Just a quickie...Happy Mothers Day everyone
    I'm an aunty again.....little Luke Alexander was born this morning Mothers Day at 7.50am. We stayed home till 7 so a birth in 50 minutes. 9lb8 all is great. Have another friend rushed to hospital for her appendix removed they had no beds so she is in the childrens ward..at 27 lol. She is hoping the good looking paed will look at her scar..pmsl
    Better run very busy day...got my MP3 player now just need broadband to download
    Bec

Hi All,

Happy mothers day to you guys Today we get to feel special huh? We went out for breakkie, and jenna was a beast, and then we decided to go to the market in the rain, and she was a absolute crackup. Ran around in the rain, and we just let her get tomato pips and mud all over herself. She had a ball. Everyone was looking at her laughing and saying to themselves - oh how cute. Hilarious.
    And the best gift of all, she slept through til 5:30. YES!!!! That was all I really wanted, so really happy about that one

Tanya - enjoy the teenager. I dont think it gets any easier over the next few years, but I'm sure when she's 25, she'llbe a sweetheart again

Deb - bummer about land prices, I thought it would have been heaps cheaper. Goes to show what I know right? If Neil is doing shift work its agood idea to carpool. Keeps them awake on the way home, so ifyou live away from the site, try to be in a place where others come from. If that makes sense??

Trish - I'm sure the babies are all spreading this love around at the moment. Jenna has a pretty good scream on her at 3am sometimes too!! I'm very happy we haven't got neighbours on that side yet cause they would wonder what we are doing I'm sure!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - Congrats on becoming an Aunty again! That's wonderful. What a great mother's day present! LOL @ your 27 yo friend being put in the Children's ward. Ah well... jelly and icecream is yum! Yay for the MP3 player too!! I reeeeeallly want an iPod. I had a play with my sister's one (mind you... I haven't ever really even looked at one so she had a good giggle when I was trying to figure out how it works) and now I waaaaaant one!! Just cos!

Fi - awww @ Jenna playing at the market. Little show-off! Yay for your "sleep-in" too... though I am sure 6:30 or even 7:30 would have been just that little bit nicer?? Thanks for the tip about Neil living out where the other shiftworkers will be. That's a good idea. He'll be down there for training for a good 10 weeks so he'll be able to scope all that sorta stuff out.

Gotta go and do the groceries (happy mother's day to me!! LOL). Got Mum and the sisters over for dinner so I suppose I should have some food ready, hehehe. I've got 2 chooks going in the slow cookers (borrowed my sister's one so that I could do 2 chooks) so I'll probably just do roast veges to go with them.

lol in all the excitement this morning I meant 15 minutes !!!!
    Plus he is so beautiful he is the token Mothers Day Baby in tomorrows paper must of got his good looks from me

ange-par Guest

Deb - Moving to good old Hamilton hey....That's where I was born. Hamiltom Base Hopsital....We owned a farm in Merino at the time. Will Neil be working on the new gas plant that is being built there????? My dad does shut downs. Supervises all the equiptment that is required on site....so he might be moveing there after the site at Port Campbell is finished. The guy in charge at PC wants Dad at Hamilton when they start the building of it.

Dunkeld is a lovely place as well. I will be able to come a visit when I go to Portland for holidays. All of Mum's family is there, so I always have a place to stay.

Bec - Congrats on the new addition to your extended family. We need to catch up while Ella is away and have a few drinks....

Fi - Glad all went well for the ultra sound. I thought there might have been 2 heart beats beccause of the morning sickness.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all. Ella gave me a locket with 'I love Mum' engraved on it.

Ella is officially on holidays now with her Nanna and Grandpa. They left at 3pm today and then I went and slept for 3 hours. Can't wait to catch up on all the sleep I've missed out on in the last year.

Going back to bed now as I have to be up early in the morning for Josh. I said he could still come over as I'll only have him for 2 days this week.

Bye for now

ange-par Guest

Bec - Forgot to ask. Did you see the birth?????

Deb, as the old saying goes "a Mothers work is never done" I guess a day of R & R is too much to ask for hey !! Joel has a mp3 player and they are pretty cool. Haven't looked at the Ipods though, I bet they are impressive. Tehya still has her cough (although it wasn't as bad last night, shhhh) and a snotty nose. Still whingy too, nope no Nana nap for me either

Bec, YAY on becoming an Aunty (not sure if was again or not) Sounds like your sis went pretty good. Congrats to all. I think it would drive me mad being put in the kids ward, it would be just my luck, I'd have to get sick to get away from them and then they'd shove me with more of them I hope she gets better soon.

Fi, sounds like you and more importantly Jenna had a great time out yesterday. I bet you loved the sleep through, sure til 7 would've been nicer but a full night sleep is fantastic.

Tanya, oh no @ Alecia wagging. How did you find out? I used to wag school too, not alot but I still did it. Started out writing my own letters then worked out to go to the medical centre and tell them I had sever period pains and the would give me a certificate for 2 days. Even better :eek: Best you don't let Alecia see this. Maybe she is having a few hassles??? Hope that you are feeling better today. So, have you talked Wato into more baby making?

Had a house full yesterday, my family, Marks family and a gf, of course lots of kids too. Had a bbq for lunch, was nice not really stressing about anyone though. Noah went to bed early and Tehya around 8.30 ish. Wish I could say she slept good. I ended up cracking it and putting her back into her cot at 3am and she screamed for about 30 minutes until she crashed back out til 5 am. Took her back to my bed and gave her booby and we woke at 8. Yay finally some sort of sleep in.

Saturday night was shocking, I was in bed and could here something under my bed, I sat up and yelled out to Mark who was in the loungeroom, he came in but couldn't see anything - meanwhile I'm hiding in the lounge. I got him to come back to bed with me and sure enough after 5 minutes in the dark and quiet it started again. We both bolted upright and Mark tells me toturn on the light. No way aam I getting off that bed so he did it, I jumped off the bed and ran out of the room. Mark saw a MOUSE. Needless to say, I slept on the lounge with Tehya right next to me. Mark set a trap and we caught it, but errrggg, how disgusting. It's not like my house is a pig sty or anything. What brings them to houses. I know thae people before us kept horse feed in the spare room out the back.... but we have been here for 5 months now....

Lets just say last night I was soo scared to go to bed. Big girl I am

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday and all ubs were very nice to their mummy's.
    I got a gold locket from the kids and Mark, it has space for 4 pictures -just enough for all of my kids. And a pair of slipper boots and a mug off Mum.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - urrgh @ mice! I don't think they discriminate... clean or grubby houses, they'll get into whatever they can! Little vermin! I don't blame you for sleeping out in the lounge. We had mice when I was pregnant and I swear I could hear them having sex in the walls! It was horrid! I bit of rat-sak and they were gone.... muahahahahaha

Ange - Neil's job won't be at the gas plant.. I think - I dunno... LOL. It's a mineral separation plant. It should be completed by the end of September though it was meant to be finished earlier... running off schedule.
    Hope you are enjoying your time off!

Gabby and Paige are being turds today. Don't know what is wrong with Paige but she's not acting like her normal self. Poor chook.

No Ange no births for me but going on what she said she wonders if anyone saw it as she was getting out of the wheelchair she grabbed the bed and that is how she stayed on her knees....big porka too
    Bec
    See what happens I scare people into quick births

Hi Ladies

Bec - Congrats on becoming an aunty!!! You must be rapt!

Deb - I hope that Gabby and Paige improved for you yesterday.

Trish - Mice, YUKK!!! I hate them with a vengeance, big sook I am!

Hi to everyone else I have missed. Will try to keep up better!!

As for me, well, Hayley has decided to be the child from hell, in bed at 9pm but up by midnight and ready to party for another 5 hours, so I am totally lacking sleep, grrrr! She is too lazy to walk, so she is really behind, still have to organise her next hearing test! I am just waiting to hear from DH as to when he is flying out to Sydney, apparently they will probably only give him a couple of hours notice, YAY, NOT!!! So it could be very interesting here in the next few days, the job has to be finished by the end of this week, so it will definitely happen. My vacuum blew up the other day, so I am not happy, just need to work out what one to get now, its between a Wertheim or a Dyson, any opinions?? Tayla has Friday off, so she will only be at school 4 days, guess Friday I will be busy packing and making sure that she has everything she needs for camp on Monday! A week without her, how will I cope? Shannen is home on Monday and I have finally made an appt with my band Dr, hopefully she will finally be able to arrange for my port to be fixed. Should be okay I hope, only a day in hospital!

I hope that you all had a lovely Mothers Day, we dont celebrate it here at all, nor do we do Fathers Day...we used to for the kids, but they know that I find Mothers Day hard and Fathers Day will be a killer this year without my Dad.

I am really trying to make an effort online, and keep in touch with everyone, so that is something. I am pretty much avoiding everyone in real life though. Will have to see what happens in the next week or so.

I better go as I have to do a shopping list so that I can get stuff for the next couple of days, I hate shopping but I will do it after school pick up.

Have a great day!!!

Hi girls

Bec, congrats on being an aunty... how exciting!!

Trish, I had to laugh at your post... I think it is rather amusing when ppl are scared of mice! Sorry to hear Tehya is still not sleeping... maybe one day... when she moves out you'll get a decent night sleep?? LOL
    I haven't spoken to Wato yet about ttc, I think I will have to soon, I think my body is starting to relize it isn't pregnant anymore.

Deb, I hope Paige isn't coming down with somethig... last thing you need is sick babies!

Well I think I am on the mend... I have been feeling very crap for the passed few days, so hopefully I won't get another cold for a while.

Can't remember what I was going to post... oh well...
    Tanya

Sorry Dink posting at the same time... what are you seeing the Dr for?/ Did I miss something??
    Tanya

Hey Tanya

I am seeing the Dr about having the port on my lapband restitched or replaced. Have been putting it off for ages, but cant anymore as its really painful most of the time. As usual my stuff comes last but thankfully I have a friend who is willing to come and look after the girls so that I can go to the appt! Hopefully it wont mean too long in hospital, well, I hope.

How is everything going with you? How's Alecia?

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec and Fi - Peggy had the baby! She had a caesar yesterday... John Wilder (John Junior....)... 9lbs5oz... looks just like Lucinda. Gonna go and see her today (just thought you'd like to know.... out of curiousity's sake ).

Dinky - I vote for the Dyson! I love, love, love mine! It's had quite a work-out too! Yay for your friend looking after the kids so that you can get to the Drs. When did you have the lap-band put in? Do you think it was worth it?

Tanya - glad you are feeling better, matey. Hope that Wato can come around to the TTC idea soon.

Bec - LOL @ you scaring people into quick births! You might be a handy person to have around during labour!! LOL

Got a headache today so I am grumpy. Paige cut her lip open doing goodness-knows-what.... poor chook! Her Mum managed to get her a place in Family Day Care so this may or may not be my last week with her. It's sad... but I am glad that they were able to get a place because I would have felt rotten otherwise.

Deb - Thanks for your vote for the Dyson, thats what I want to get, but DH likes the Wertheim, so looks like it will be a power struggle, will let you know who wins! LOL!! I had my lapband placed in 2002, the only trouble I have had is the port becoming loose. I definitely think it was worth it, it cost me just over $3000 to have it done, but we claimed some back on tax and I dont have to pay to see the Dr or anything, all bulk billed. Its a huge adjustment though, I eat less than the kids now, which is good, saves on food! I was 165kgs and I am now down to 96kgs, still have another 15 to lose and then I get to have a body lift, including arms and thighs, so that will be brilliant, I am down from a size 32 to a 16-18.

Great that Paige has found somewhere to go! At least now you wont have to feel guilty!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow, Dinky! So it was definitely worth it, hey? I reckon I may need to get something like that done - at the rate I am going, anyway!
    Hehehe.... hope you win and get the Dyson!

Dinky, fingers crossed that tonight is a better night for you all. Sounds like you are going to have one heck of a busy week. WOW you have lost soo much weight. Good on you hun. DP's friends wife had a band put on last year and she is going great, but gee she eats as much as a mouse. I have another gf who had it done too and she lost heaps of weight too. Her only proplem was that she was loosing too much. Now she is lucky to be a size 8, she had the body lift surgery done but she has huge scars down the backs of her arms. Not sure if that is normal though. She is very fair - a redhead and white skin. A special for you, just because I know your needing it.

I say Dyson too. I so wanted one when we brought our new vacuum but Mark wouldn't let me have one. Got an LG instead. It works great though.

Deb, sounds like you are having a great old time with Gab and Paige. Good to hear that her mum has other care organised for her. I bet you will miss having her there though. Probably gives Gab some company too. Mum's get pretty boring Maybe having one less bub in the house will give you abit more time to get yourself sorted out and ready for the move. Have you got the house on the market yet?

Tanya, funny I knew you would be the one to laugh at me The weird thing is I'm fine with people having them as pets. I think little mice in a cage are rather cute. Just not ones foraging around under my bed. LOL. Good to hear that you are starting to feel alittle better. I guess your body realising the changes in it is a positive thing - meaning that your body is healing too. Hugs to you hun.

Tehya was ok last night. Pfft how ironic is that, a night I think is fairly ok you would all die at. She went down around 8.30 ish and woke just after 12am. Can't really remember what other times she got up at, I know there were around anoth 3 wakeups but she went back to sleep pretty quickly after a bit of booby. We slept in til nearly 8am. Would've been good except that Brandon needs to catch his bus at 8. So started a huge rush to get him ready and out of the house on time.

Don't you feel bad when you can see something about to happen and you just can't stop it in time. Tehya was walking around with Noah's golf club(some smart person got it for his bday, not me) anyway she was swinging it around right near Noah so I yell out and say look out Noah just as she clocks him on the head a beauty. Screaming Noah then. Not 1 minute later Tehya comes out here to me at the computer and turns around and gets the keyboard tray in the side of her head, screaming Tehya too. Aww the joys of children.

I have silverside on cooking in the sc and it smells so yummy. Maybe I should actually have something for lunch today instead of snacking on crap.

Forgot to say Tehya had a great sleep yesterday, she went down around 1pm and slept til 3.30pm that was fher only sleep for the day though mind you. She seems to be cutting back to one sleep already Still better than nothing at all.

Hope everyone else is going ok and bubs are doing well too.

Hiyu girls

Dink, i hope you can get your lapband fix soon... sounds like you neeeed it done!
    Alecia is ok... being a usual teenager! Knows everything...lol. I had a talk with her last night about not loosing sight of her ambitions and not letting her friends cause her to slip in school. We'll see how that pans out.

Deb, I hope the Headaches didn't last too long! I have had a constant one for about a week! Not nice.

Trish, time to put the clubs away!! I hope your silverside was nice.

Violet was a horror last night! Cried from 2am-430am 6am then in our bed for an hours sleep then wanted up.... urgh! WEll it happend something like that.
    Then when I got up, I went and got Violet out of her bed (Wato ended up putting her back to bed with the grumps) I walked out into the kitchen and walked straight in some broken glass!! Blood everywhere... I think one of the cats knocked it off during the night! NORTY CAT! I think it might have been Chamba, I didn't leave anywater out for them so I think he knocked it down trying to get the bit of water that was in it! So really it was my own fault.

Tanya

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast