Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #7

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - LOL @ Mark having "other ideas". Yay for having an extra long weekend together tho. I think you might be going a little loopy (re. your post!) j/k.
    I pour water over Gabby's head too. She is so funny when I do it. She sucks in her breath and waves her arms about. She doesn't cry tho... so I guess she's kind of in-between loving and hating it.
    Nup.. haven't spilled the beans about the grout (which is surprising for me!).

Went to playgroup this morning. The big bully kid there pulled Gabby's hair!! OMG... she hardly has any and she keeps getting it pulled! I'm getting a bit tired of Gabby being beaten up. I know kids will be kids but why can't they just leave her alone? She must have a target on her head or something *sigh* I didn't say anything (though I wanted to). I did tell the little boy to stay away from Gabby (but in a nice voice) but he didn't... he's facinated with her! Arrgh!

Yep was right. Mark did have other ideas Tehya must've been in on his plans because for once she had a decent sleep today. Occasionally I have to give in. We were reminising about the early days when we would spend half the day in bed only coming out for a feed. LOL. Yup, those days are loooonggg gone.

Deb, poor Gab, soon enough she will big enough to bop them back. hehe, not that I'm promoting violence or anything. LOL Maybe use a nice stern voice and give him "that" look. Try and intimidate him on the sly Gabby's going to need a beanie this year poor chook. Tehya won't keep hers on. If only they'd understand. Good that Gab doesn't care about the water on her head, Tehya doesn't love it, usually has a sook but I still do it. Meany I am.

LOL, Mark was just getting out choccie biscuits for Noah, himself and I and here comes Tehya running down the hall yelling out, hereare, hereare, hereare for one. Piggy can't miss out. I have a marinated chook from Aldi's in the sc, smells so yummy.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Tehya is so cute!! Can't miss out on the choccy bicky!! No way!
    Yum @ the marinated chook. They are bloody beauuuutiful in the SC. I have a plain chook in the freezer. I should have popped that in. I was meant to put a pork roast in but forgot and only remembered at 2pm this arvo... and it was still as frozen as a rock!! Ah well... will have to cook it in the oven.
    Yay for Tehya giving you and Mark some "quality" time *wink,wink* hehehe. AH yes, those were the days where you could stay in bed alllll day. I long for those days when I could recover from a hangover in peace, LOL.

LOL, Deb it has been way too long that I got to recover froma hangover by myself. Remember my eldest is nearly 15.... Funny Mark was saying today how when he is 40 Noah will be 9 and Tehya nearly 7. Funny when I said when I am 40 Joel will be 22 OMG. Hmm wonder if he will be responsible by then.

Yummm I love roast pork, can I come over please? I never cook it, don't know why though. Gives me shocking stomach pains but I'm always back for more pork chops.

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well. Shane has gone out with Jenna to watch his son play footy, so I have a coupleo f hours to myself. I'm supposed to be doing typing for him but - bugger it!!
    Trish - I dream of a sleep in with Shane and no baby. It seems like never again, but I know it will happen in a few years. I just have to be patient!! Of course by then we'll be on a farm, so we wont be able to ignore the animals!!! Never win huh?

Deb - Yay for Neil being home - I hope you have a nice weekend.

Ang - double yay on a healthy baby

Jenna fell over by the table last night, and blood came pouring out of her mouth! We have no idea where from. Teeth are fine, so are the lips, and the tongue seems in tact too. It stopped pretty quickly, but she had a shocking nights sleep, and this morning when we (Shane) got her up, there wasblood all over her sheet. Hmmmm - where has it come from?? Hopefully nothing serious.

Ona serious countdown now......4 days to go! And there will be earlier mornings now. Shane starts workat 7am, so he's gone by 6:30. Therefore - I'm on baby duty, whereas I used to stay in bed til 7:30 and we would read Jenna stories in bed. Oh well. Back to being mummy!

Jenna, ouchy on Jennas mouth. Not sure if you have looked here but this is where I used to find my babys would cut if they fell over. Look inside her top lip and the peice of skin that joins inside the top lip to her gums. You might find that she has a little spit in it. This place bleeds like nothing else adn of course once it's mixed with saliva it looks heaps worse.

Let the countdown hurry up now. Buggar thats right Jenna gets up at the crack of dawn doesn't she. Fingers crossed as the colder mornings come she sleeps alittle longer for you.

I asked Mark lastnight when in bed if he could please let me have a sleep in this morning and I will let him have one on Monday morning. Of course when Tehya woke at 6.30 (whats the go there she's been sleeping later during the week when I need to get up early) and Mark was in bed with Noah. Anyway, he must of heard us coz he came in and got her and I stayed in bed til..... wait for it..... 11am. OMG, can't remember the last time I got to do that. Of course I was woken a few times by a certain little girl bashing on my door to come in but still all was good. I really must've needed the sleep.

Don't think there will be much happening around here again today. We are skint, no $$ to do anything this weekend. Suppose it's s good thing that its raining still.

My poor little girl. She fell over yesterday and there was even more blood fromthe mouht. And this time it was dark red....no saliva!
    But that was the spot you are talking about with the second one Trish - top tooth through the top lip flesh. Poor little mite.

Jenna's huggies fun car arrived today. YAY! Its very fun, although possibly not as much fun as Eliza's wiggles tent. The huggies one is very see through, and a pain to set up. Oh well - still fun

Super dooper yay on the sleep in Trish! How nice would that be. I dream of sleeping in that long!

I should go and bake something. I really want to make a coffee cake, but I know Jenna can't eat it. Maybe just a plain old boring sponge cake? Not that either of us need it!

Ummmm - any other goss anyone?

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - how cool that Joel will be 22 when you are 40! I reckon when kids get into their 20's, it's when you really can benefit from having such a small age-gap, iykwim? Hooray for your sleep in the other day! Sounds like it was really needed too. Glad you were able to make the most of it (since it is such a rare occasion for Mummy's!!).

Fi - awww poor Jenna! What's going on with her poor mouth? Sounds like the poor little thing is in the wars. Yay for the Huggies tent. Always good when a new toy arrives. Hope you got some baking done.

We have finished painting the kitchen. While I think we did a good job for our first painting effort, it's still a little dodgy in parts. We're hoping no-one looks too closely at it, LOL. The colour isn't quite what we were expecting either. Still looks ok tho.
    Gab was such a good girl while we were working over the last couple of days. She didn't once touch any of the wet paint and was happy just to play with sandpaper or the giant screwdriver (we took that off her when she started running around the house, wielding it above her head, LOL).
    It was Neil's birthday yesterday and he didn't want a huge fuss made so we just kept on painting. It got to about 11am when he finally cracked and said to Gabby (but really to me).. "Did you at least get Daddy a card?". I waited another few hours before I got Gabby to take his card out to him. Wanted to stir him up a bit, hehehe. We made him a card with a picture of he and Gabby on the front. That cheered him up a little. We ordered Indian for dinner and watched Seinfeld with a bottle of bourbon. Apparently it was one of the best birthday's ever!! LOL.

Fi, Aww poor Jenna's mouth, the spot that I was talking about Fi is ouchies especially when it comes time for a feed. OUch on her top lip too. I hope that she is doing better now though. Now, if I could get that sleep in along with a unbroken sleep overnight I will be a happy woman

Deb, sounds like Neil had a great birthday night LOL @ Gab running around with the screw driver, and you didn't let her fix anything???

Ok, I can't hold it anymore. I got a brand NEW COMPUTER!!!! and a new photo printer too. YAY!!! ok I will calm down now. I still need to set the damn thing up and I have no idea where I am going to fit the printer, it's a new Canon mulit function printer so it's pretty big and my puter table is soooo small. How on earth am I going to keep the boys away from it... I need to find my optus disk so that I can reset up my broad band again which I have no idea on how to do as the puter shop did it for me last time. We are thinking of putting this one out in the boys room and getting a connection in there to keep them away from "my" computer Can you see how excited I am. Gee I must've been good on Friday

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo hooray for your new puter and printer, Trish. I am extreeeemely jealous!! Still... well deserved, I say! Hope you can find some room for it. Good idea giving the boys the old computer. I bet you're gonna have fun setting it all up! Neil did all our broadband stuff and it drove him nuts!

Hi girls,
    Just a quick one for me..still having slight sleep problems here she is borderline being sent to Tweedle lol except we can get her to sleep but it is on her terms like playing till you have no more energy to stay upright.
    Trish : Yah on the puter how exciting hmmm let me know how easy the broadband was to set up I want to swap
    Deb: Happy belated birthday to Neil , sounds like you are making great guns around the house. Yeah at the screwdriver as Nick tells me " Rebecca that is not appropriate play equipment" well if it keeps them quiet
    Fi: Ohh poor little Jenna, I hope she has no more accidents. She is so good except when she gets tired lol
    Ahh that is all for me, going to bed and knit awaiting Nick to walze through the door. At least the girl is finally asleep a friend rang and I forgot about her and she just laid on the floor and fell asleep lol
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec... tis good that Eliza dropped off to sleep. It's so cute when they fall asleep on the floor. Gabby did it once... she was half laying on her little fold-out couch with her head on the floorboards. It didn't look very comfy!!
    LOL @ "not appropriate play equipment". I agree with you... if it keeps them quiet, sometimes the "inappropriateness" is outweighed by the silence, LOL.

Geez it's quiet in here. Cat got everyones tongues...

Becc, because my BB was already set up on the phone line I didin't have to do anything But I do remember when I was attemting to do it with my old computer that it was pretty simple. They send you a disk and you just load it in and follow the instructions. My old puter had "issues" thats why we couldn't load it there
    Change over, you will love how much faster it it.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh yeah... I'd never go back to dial-up! I love my broadband, hehehe.
    Just hope they have it in Hamilton!

I have told Shane if we dont get broadband in NZ I will spit the dummy - big time!!!! I dont know how I cope with dialup - it kills me sometimes.
    I haven't got it here for a couple of reasons:
    1. deep down I am really a technophobe when it comes to computers - I am so scared I'll stuff my computer up and wont be able to fix it.
    2. could never justify the cost, and now its really cheap.
    3. the contracts are soooooo long, and we've been moving to NZ for the last 18months. LMAO - if I had got the bloody broadband when I got my computer I would have done the 24 months by now!!!!

ARGH!

Yay on the kitchen deb, and how nice that neils birthday was great. I bet he missed you guys.
    Double yay on the computer trish! Thats fabbo news for you.
    Hi Bec - I saw you 1hr ago, so I might not say anything nice Although - you do have a lovely rose on your bush out the front. And I meant to tell you that we are getting another flower from the bush you gave us, sothats nice. I hope the next owners understand how special that rose bush is!!!!!

Fi

Well, I'm so sorry that I haven't been in here for a while, but with Patrick coming early, it stuffed everything up.
    Bella is coming along in leaps and bounds! She hasn't really started to talk yet, she says a couple of words but why talk when your brothers and sisters talk for you!
    She has her 1 yr old check on Monday, but I think she'll pass it no worries, and then on Wednesday she has her needles!

Debbie Lee Guest

we've been moving to NZ for the last 18months. LMAO - if I had got the bloody broadband when I got my computer I would have done the 24 months by now!!!!
    LOL Fi... always the bloody way, hey? Have a great last day of work tomorrow!
    Neil missed Gabby heaps. When he came through the door last Friday, he scooped Gabby up and cuddled her for aaaaggges. It took him forever to say goodbye to her on Monday night too. Poor thing. He calls me every night (our mobiles are free for the first 3 minutes so we have to hang up and call back all the time, LOL). It's not too bad. This week has been good because of Monday being a public holiday.

Jess - I imagine you're pretty run off your feet atm. Gab doesn't talk much either but they get there in the end... then we'll be wanting them to be quiet, LOL.

Fi, YAY for tomorrow being your last day Make the most of it, sit around and bludge all day

Jess, hope life isn't too busy for you. I can only imagine what it's like with a newborn, a 1 year old anda 3 year old, not to mention your older 2. How do you do it girl? I takee my hat off to you. I thought having 4 was hard work but atleast I have a big gap.

Well girls, Tehya is just the opposite to Gab and Bella. She already doesn't shut up. Everyday lately it seems she is learning a new word. In the last week she has learnt dob (dog), nan, poo (very cute, she waves her hand under her nose) No No No!!, Shhh (with finger up to mouth) and the very latest - boooobbeee and gives them a pook or tries to lick me . She has also started to try and bite me, generally it's on the leg and I can feel when she's closing them teeth togethr and go cranky at her for it.

I went out scrapping tonight for a couple of hours. Did this gorgeous beyond the page project, it's a 3d frame that we had to paint and put stuff inside, turned out great.

Mark said she sat at the front window crying for me and calling out to me. Poor bubba, I hate that she is like that when I'm not around.

I really should be in bed but my stomach has decided to play up and now I have a runny butt, delightful at this time of night. I just know the minute I got to bed I will need to go again. Maybe I should just take a pillow and blanket into the loo with me and I can sit (and yes I said sit ) and sleep...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast