Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #7

Oooeerr Deb... things are sounding promising!! Sorry tyou had a ***** of a day tho... I hope you have caught up on some rest.

Trish, bumma about the fine! Bastards! LOL...

Violet is getting more teeth (finally), she is soooo grumpy! Urgh! I hope they don't take as long as the top ones. She is gettin her top molars and her bottom incisors.

Went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean yesterday... thoroughly enjoyed it.... now I can't wait for the final one!

Tanya

Yep - I enjoyed it too Tanya. Wasn't it a great ending?
    Ouchy on the teethies - she took a while to start, but now she's popping them up everywhere huh? No more coming through in Jenna's mouth which is fine by me. She doesn't have any problems tearing things apart with her gums
    Deb - your house will sell in a flash. Its exactly the price range everyone is looking for. Ours on the other hand will take several moremonths I would say! Bugger it!
    Trish - what a $hit about the speeding ticket!! I hate those things, and you are right, they feel like a waste of money.

No news here really - I am doing fine, getting lots of little wriggles and my belly is finally starting to grow! We went to pumpkin patch this morning and bought a few bits a pieces - mainly trackies as all Jenna's now come to her knees

Anyone else have any exciting news? Tanya - good luck this month. I knwo the performance thing - shane had the same problem in the month we conceived this one. I think it was all the pressure I was REALLY hard on him about getting preggers again.

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo for feeling wriggles, Fi - and for your tummy growing. How exciting! I wonder if you'll get bigger with this pregnancy than you were with Jenna?? Will be interesting to see! Yay for getting some PP clothes for Jenna... LOL @ all her old pants being up to her knees. It seems to happen overnight, hey?
    You're right about the house selling quickly. If the person looking at it tomorrow morning doesn't put a higher offer in, we are accepting a counter-offer made today. Either way, our house will be sold by the end of the week! Hooray! If we can get a 30-45 day settlement, we'll be in Hamilton sooner than I thought... which is good and bad.

Tanya - ooo @ seeing Pirates of the C. I so desperately want to see it at the movies. Mum mentioned something about having Gab on a Saturday night once Neil gets back from Perth... might be the perfect opportunity! Seeing the first one on telly the other day (and taping it and watching it again, hehehe) makes me want to see the new one even more!! Mmmm, Johnny Depp... even in that bloody pirate get-up, he's hot!! LOL
    Ouchies @ Violet's teeth. Making up for lost time, hey?

I think Gab is finally on the mend. She finished her dose of antibiotics today (thank goodness!) and hasn't needed panadol for 2 days now. She's still a little snotty and grizzly but her chest isn't so crackly. I just hope she gets her appetite back. I've wasted soooo much food... I could have fed a small 3rd-world country with the amount of stuff I have cooked for her only to play with and reject. Who would have thought any child of mine would be a fussy eater?? LOL
    So, yeah... got yet another house inspection tomorrow at 9am. Someone came through today but I was at work. I wasn't expecting it so the house wasn't all that tidy (though nowhere near what it's normally like!) and my Mum was looking after Gab. So Mum raced around and made my bed. She hid lots of things in cupboards and had the place looking ok for an inspection. She's a gem! Of course, they came at 1pm so Gab was asleep. I did tell the estate agent that there would have to be no inspections btwn 12 and 3pm due to Gabby's naps but, apparently, he doesn't recall. Arrgh! With any luck it will all be over soon anyway

Fi, yay on getting wiggles from bub.I found with each pg I showed quicker, probably due to tummy muscles being already stretched. Did you catch the sales at PP. They are having heaps up here. I grabbed Tehya a gorgeous outfit a couple of weeks back in there.

Deb, YAY on your house. Gee that was quick hey. As soon as the paperwork is done you can gets stuck into the fun part - packing... Good to hear that Gab is getting better too. Got to love a healthy baby.

Tanya, Joel and Brandon saw Pirates last week and loved it. I haven't been to the movies in that long I coul'nt even tell you the last time I went or what I saw. Poor Violets mouth, sounds like she is getting them all at once. Tehya has all of her molars but hasn't started on her eye teeth yet, so not lokingfroward to them, they are the worst I think. Fingers crossed that this is the month for you

Tehya has a snotty nose once again, but so far other than that seems ok. Doesn't seem to be bothering her too much except when it's boob time coz she has to stop to breath through her mouth.

Mark's stupid car broke down this afternoon up at the shops. So I pack the kids up and go up there, leave Noah and Tehya in the car and help to push the bloody tarago - couldn't be a mini could it. Anyway this guy comes over to help and I end up having to run back to get the littlies out of my car and put them into Marks as we were getting too far away (don't worry I could still see them) anyway. By this time my asthma is playingup and of course I have no ventolin with me so I get to swap and become steerer and Joel and Mark pushed. We got to the top of this driveway on top of a hill and I stopped, got out and Mark jumped in. Here's Joel and I pushing this bloody car down the hill, it got momentum up and I was pushing with my arms outstretched and butt a mile away. Mark clutched it the car went flying - so did Joel and I. Flat on our faces begind the bloody thing. Must've looked a sight. I lay on the ground in the middle of the road crying. I grazed my knees so bad and my hands and hip. Poor Joel hurt his knee, wrist and thumb. He was trying to pick me up but I'm too fat for him Ended up sitting in the gutter crying like a baby til Mark saw us and I drove home.

Yep I can smile about it now, but gawd my knees are killing me. I'm too old to have scabby knees

So theres got to be one more thing right? The fine last week, this today... What next???

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Trish!! What a chain of events... ya poor chook! And it hurts SO much more when you fall on your knees as an adult. About a year ago I got out of the car and got my foot caught on the big lanyard I have hanging off the keys in the ignition. I fell straight on my knees on the road. I wanted to cry like a baby! It fricken killed! I am like 50 kilos heavier than I was last time I did something like that, LOL. Hope Tehya's snotty nose doesn't develop into anything more... maybe just more teeth?

Well... we've all but sold the house. The person that came through today wasn't interested (apparently the ad looks better than the house does, LOL). So, yeah... we've accepted the last offer. If all goes according to plan, settlement will be Sep 15 - so I still have a little while in Geelong.
    And, get this! The estate agent put an open for inspection ad in the paper so I bloody well have to have another one on the weekend even tho it's under contract. Arrrgh! I hate having to keep the place tidy. I'm just no good at it! LOL

Ohh Deb, but what if you get a better offer this weekend??? COngrat's hun, you must be so excited.

Tehya was up having a spew twice agian last night. Not sure what it is. She seems fine this morning. She did have a slight temp too though lastnight, maybe she's just a spewer with temps???

Noah had swimming today and he did fantastic. I was suprised, he has been whingong all holidays how much he hates it and then goes today and does beautiful. Put his face down inthe water, blew bubbles and kicked like a champ. About time too, he's been going since he was 2!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Noah!! Clever little man! Oh no @ Tehya's spews... she's meant to be fit and healthy for once! Hope there's not much to it.
    I was tempted to hold out for a little to see if we get a better offer but the estate agent made a good point. He said that usually the first group of people to put an offer on will end up giving you your highest offer. Also, he said that a house around the corner was up for sale for a few months with just $4000 more on it than what we are getting for our place. He said they struggled to sell it - yet it had an ensuite and was a larger house (though I personally think the relatively new, massive garage, brand-new kitchen and huge block counter-act that... imo). So, yeah... we could have tried to hold out but, in all honesty, the faster we sell the better. We're already under contract on another house in Hamilton (with a 120 settlement subject to finance) so it's much better for all concerned if we accept the current offer and don't try to push it too much. We got $2000 more than we "needed" anyway - not to be sneezed at

Gab is sooooo much better! She's running around like a crazy-critter once again. It's nice!

Just letting you know that Bella's little brother has been in hospital lately due to bronchiolitis.
    Bella has the virus as well, but she is throwing it off quite well.

Debbie Lee Guest

Aww Jess.... you guys are in the war, hey? Hugs for you all!

Sorry to hear about the illness Jess - hope things come OK soon. Poor little thing
    Deb - I agree - take the first offer andbe done with it. We still haven't had an offer, adn I'm sick of people giving us advice about selling the house. Everyone in the street thinks we are already too low - of course they want us to sell for as much as poss so it gives the new estate a good high benchmark. Our agent is telling us another thing, and meanwhile we are stuck in the middle. And I agree - it sucks keeping a house tidy when you have a toddler!
    Whats the house like in Hamilton? Have you got photos or a website site?

Trish - not sure what to say chook. I have to say I skin my knees fairly often playing netball outside so it might not hurt as much for me! BUt still, that all sounds awful. Hopefully there wont be a third thing go wrong for you. It all sounded liek something out of Fawlty Towers though!

Has anyone else got annoying fluff growing around their face? I have that much short hair around my face - about 3inches long..... its driving me nuts! It goes into little ringlets in the rain/damp, and all fluffy and wavy when its dry! It must be growth after losing the hair from Jenna - I think I lost most when she was about 6 months old, but I look like an idiot! I think I need a headband, but thats just another thing for Jenna to play with......
    Sarah - do you pop in anymore? Hope you guys are all well

Fi, Yup I must admit looking back on it would've looked so funny. So glad no one had a camera on us . Maybe I'm just a big sooky la la then. Either that or your a tough bird

Buggar about not getting any offers yet. Obviously the right people just haven't been to your house yet. They will come, and they will love your home and then you get to start packing up too

I hear you on the bloody short bits of hair too. Although I must admit when I first started reading it I though you were talking about ON your face LOL. Thank God you weren't. I doesn't really annoy me too much unless i'm putting my hair up and then I just put on some hairspray and hold it back.

Jess, Sorry to hear that little Patrick is sick. I hope that he gets better really soon. Fingers crossed that Bella doesn't get too much worse too.

edited to fix up my shocking typo's.

hey people
    Hows everyone doing? We are just having a quiet fews weeks here-Anneliese's home, Declan's finaly walking and teething again (he seems to teethe all the time, but he still only has 4 teeth!!) and Xander's just being a horrible 3!! Im tryong to stay on here, im itchingt o go to the target toy sale, but im going to wait tilhalf the stuff is gone (so going tonight! hehe!) so i dont spend to much. Going to get the family a pressie this year - a trampoline, as they have a slide and MIL is buying them a swingset for Xmas. and just a couple of lil things to go under the tree. We're putting Xmas lunch on this year, so hopefully since we're buying all the food, everyone will buy lots of presents... unlikely though it s nice to dream!!

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG Fi... I got some of that short hair growing not so long ago. Right above my forehead. Just a little tuft of hair that looked like I had cut it or something!! Twas bizarre! You're right... must be some of the hair growing back from losing it. Bummer @ not getting any offers yet. And isn't it lovely when all the "experts" come out of the woodwork trying to tell you how to go about selling your house. Urrgh! Hope you get an offer soon. You have a lovely home! The house in Hamilton is probably only a couple of squares bigger than our current house and about the same age. The kitchen is relatively new (not too bad) but the bathroom is ick 60's style. We'll be renovating that first. It's on half an acre so that's a bonus... with views of the grampians from the backyard. Just spectacular. It's actually in Dunkeld which is about 20 minutes outside of Hamilton (a bit closer to Geelong). I've heard great things about the town. The people are lovely. A couple of Neil's workmates have lived there for quite some time. The school has a fabulous reputation and I am actually a little excited about working up there. Country schools are always lovely, warm and inviting (esp. for emergency teachers). There was a website for it... but the pictures they took are crap. Neil went through and took better pictures. Otherwise, I haven't actually been there to see it myself. I know the walls are painted a very pale green and the carpet is rather "granny" but that's all stuff we can fix and replace. Oh joy, starting the renos again *sigh*.

Trish - I'm sure you weren't being a sooky-la-la. It fricken hurts to fall on your knees when you're not used to it! As my Mum used to say, you don't bounce like you did as a child!

Simone - Woo hoo for Anneliese being home - must be so nice! Are you getting much sleep? Good luck at Target! You're a braver woman than I. I've vowed never to go near the sales. I contemplated the kmart one but chickened out. Glad I did because I heard it was madness. I'd rather go in, get what I want and not have to stand in the layby queue for half the day... might cost me an extra 20 bucks but it's worth not having my layby lost (you wouldn't believe how many they lose!!). But good luck!! LOL

I ended up going in last night, just got the big 6 in 1 bouncy castle for the boys. I have banned everypne from buying the kids indoor toys this year... i have filled up their toy area, and there's stil about 4 boxes outside full of toys! I'm thinking about ebaying the stuff they have never played with, and just keeping some of their fav toys. Fund their xmas pressies with their old stuf!! mwahaha im evil
    Debbie Lee, i know what you mean about the old 60's bathroom, we have one-complete with the 60's gravity fed hot water system with no water pressure! Cant wait ot buy our own place...
    hello to everyone else, im way too knacked for personals... Anneliese was up all night as she has a bad cold, fingers crossed she doesnt get sick like Patrick... who will be home in no time all all (im for him jess)

Simone, I hope Anneliese gets better soon, she's too little to be sick I too braved the sales and did very well. They weren't too bad though.

Jess, good to hear that Patrick is home now, I hope he gets bettere really soon. Hows Bella doing??

Deb, I did both kmart and target. Neither were too bad actually. If I die tomorrow most of the Christmas shopping is already on layby. I saved heaps there too, although when you thing about it not really, well lets just say that I got more for my money then.

Took Tehya back tot the Dr's today.... again. She was up half the night coughing again. So he's not happy that she is still vomiting on a fairly regular basis for no apparent reason. This has been going on for a month now. He has put her on antibiotics to try and clear up her nose (green) and her throat is alittle red.Have to go back next Friday, if she is still vomiting he wants her to go for a ultrasound (hope shes not pg) do a urine test on her, and back to the Paed... I honestly don't think that there is anything sinister but then really not sure why she vomits all the time.

While I was there I asked him if when you have a graze are you supposed to dry them out or keep them moist to aid in healing (mark and I had been discussing it and I wanted his opinion) anyway asked why and I went into my embarressing story and he wanted to have a look at my knees. He wasn't happy with them and cleaned them up, betadine and put a gel mesh stuff on them and gauzed both of them up. Sitting here stinking now coz I wasn't allowed to have a bath tonight and get them wet. In the end yes I was right, when they are raw like this they need to be keep moist, once they start to get crusty they need to dry out.

Debbie Lee Guest

Simone - good idea using the old, unused toys to fund the new toys, LOL. Glad the sales weren't too bad.

Trish - your knees sound so ouchie. Hooray for being right Always good to be the one "in the know". Hope that you can find out what is going on with Miss Tehya and why the poor little chook keeps vomitting!! Gotta be frustrating!

Worked again today. I had our mortgage brokers ringing me all day - having trouble with the finance (can you believe???). I've visited the punching bag, LOL. Won't depress you all here.

Gab was in a great mood today which is good. Got some great photos of her smiling away for a page I want to do in her scrapbook. It'll have the queue up behind her Christmas pages (yet to be complete), birthday celebrations and other stuff from her first year. Now that the house is sold, I can make a mess again, LOL. Might actually get some of it done!

Deb, what a PITA abou tthe finance. How can that be.. you've just sold your bloody house... Must be soooo frustrating.

Yay on Gab being in a great mood and getting good pics. Don't stress about being behind in pictures to scrap either. I still haven't done any of Noah's birthday's Christmas's,Easters, Baptism, ok so you get the picture?? Oh that includes Tehyas or the big boys too.

Forgot to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brandon for tomorrow. The big 12!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy birthday, Brandon!! Wow... 12! 1 more year until you have yet another teenager on your hands, Trish!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast