Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #5

Hi girls

Let's start with some good news - anyone remember Bel (Bin123) who was pg with us initially but lost her bub at 6-7 wks? She's in today to have her little baby girl (who they're planning on calling Julia). She's overdue and had gel inserted last night and again this morning, wasn't able to have waters broken then (only 1 cm dilated), but I haven't heard from her for a good few hours now so I hope she's too busy having a baby! I'll let you all know how she goes. Brings back vivid memories from 6 mths ago, waiting to meet my baby!

Oh and I'm very excited, Lucy's birth story is being used in the Nappy Bag Book, Kelly emailed me this morning to tell me. Even a photo! I sent one of the cutest early ones I had of Lucy and one from the op room. I'd completely forgotten about it as it was so long ago that she asked for stories.

Great to hear from you Becky, and I hear you on how busy you can be trying to work and juggle a baby at the same time. Oooo swimming lessons sound like so much fun. I'm putting our names down to start next month. Lucy can roll easily, but doesn't do it very often. Unless she's trying to get something.

Ivana - I caved and gave Lucy some 'real' food as well, poor thing was looking at me every time I ate this week like I was taking it out of her mouth! I tried a bit of banana and breastmilk that she ate pretty readily. She made some weird faces when she first tasted the rice cereal, so I mixed it with banana today and she ate it very efficiently. Unbelievably all of it goes in her mouth and there's hardly any wastage at all. You could reuse the bib it's so clean. Little monkey, she's growing up too fast!

Em - oh, mama, that's too cute. I'm looking forward to Lucy saying it when she's not whingeing! She said 'd' yesterday, so dada can't be too far away. She's started using her tongue differently when she's making sounds, much more speechlike, if that makes any sense. And goodness me, she's the biggest chatterbox! Ppl look at me in amazement when she just sits there making constant sounds for ages. I feel a bit embarrassed - since she probably got it off me!

Kazz - how are you going? I know you're around 'cause I get emails occasionally - hope things are going well with the boys!

Hi to everyone else, must get back to my pile of ironing *groan*.

Hiya everyone!

Jen- Abs didnt say mumma again. Oh well. Ill have to let her get grumpy again! haha JK!
    She did say dad-da yesterday tho! followed by dad dad dad.

It was really funny. I was visiting my sister in hospital and we were talking about how shes not talking yet and was asking when it should happen etc and then shes just blurted out some babble and then dad-da! dad dad dad! haha too clever.

Her second tooth is also up and its just a beautiful as the first hahaha
    She woke up one night in some pain (she was in with us so that made it easy) Bonjela did the trick and after a few little outbursts she was sleeping again and that was all the trouble she had with the second tooth. Lucky girl!

My sister had her baby on thursday via c/section. Beautiful baby boy. 7lb6 i think. Looked so small. We went in the first day and my heart sank when i saw him. He was purple. Dark purple and making gruning noises while breathing. They has a listen to him and he went to special care and then on to melbourne. So far he has had 2 lots of surfactan and this afternoon he is having a lumbar puncture as they have discovered an infection. The good news is that he is breathing much better and his little lungs are doing well. This infection is a worry tho.

My poor sister is still in hospital in bendigo. She wont be out till wednesday and then Tim and I are taking her straight to melbourne to be with her beautiful little boy.

She was very unsure of her dates and didnt have her first u/s till well after 20 weeks, and he is acting like a prem baby so who knows. She was ment to be right on 38 weeks on thursday but we all know how wrong the later scans can be.

Anyway, id better get Abby fed and ready to go into the hossy to see my sis. Abs has been very good at making my sis smile and laugh when im sure she feels like absolute crap. We go in at both sessions as my sis' husband is obviously in melb with the baby and id hate for her to feel lonely.

I hope everyone is doing well.
    xx em

Em - congrats on your new nephew and I hope your sister and the baby both recover quickly. Good on you for being so supportive.

Must get back to work before Lucy gets up... I have so much I should be doing!!!

Oh Emz - I hope your sister and bub are together soon. And I hope he's doing ok. Does he have a name yet?

Well.. after only a few days on solids.. we went to 2 solid feeds a day, and am now tempted to go the 3rd already. Poor kid just wants to eat all the time! LOL. I'm holding off on the 3rd meal tho.. coz his bowels are still adjusting I think. ROFL. We had our first brick today! woohoo! As gross as it was.. it was so much easier to clean up! So we had our first nappy emptied into the loo. Yay! (the things I get excited about ) So far we've eaten apple & cereal, pumpkin & sweet potato. I was gonna cook up some potato or carrot tonight but got lazy. hehe. I need to get hold of some other fruits and mush em up. Maybe pears. Does anyone know if you can freeze pureed fruit? or is it just vegies?

Tallon's sitting is improving too. He actually pulled himself up to sitting from lying back (not completely flat) So my mum said anyway. LOL. He's actually starting to lift up his belly when he's on his tummy and leaning on his hands.. so I reckon he'll leap forward some time soon and give himself a shock! I hope he doesn't get mobile before we've moved house.

Oh.. an update on our moving. The house we're waiting for, not sure exactly when it's going to be available, but we have to be out by the 12th Oct. So we're chucking all our stuff into storage and going to live with my mum until we find somewhere we really like (if not the house we're waiting for). Hopefully we won't be at mum's too long. So yeah.. I'm busy trying to pack the house up. With DH at his new job 5 days a week (he used to work from home 2 days a week with his old job) it's kinda up to me to get the bulk of it done Oh well.. mum's been coming down to help with Tallon, so we're getting there!

Have a good night everyone.

Hi girls

Oh Ivana, you poor thing, packing and moving into your Mums and then having to do it again into a new place! I hope you get the house you want.

Tallon sounds like he's a pro at the eating thing. I offered Lucy potato on the weekend and she didn't like it at all the first couple of times. I'm going pretty slowly since she's not as excited about the whole deal as I'd like her to be. I can't see any reason why you couldn't freeze fruit, but I'm no expert! We'll have another go of potato sometime this afternoon, provided she's okay after her vaccinations this morning.

Em - at least you can say Abby said mama before dada, even if she hasn't said it since! We got a 'd' out of Lucy a few times, but no 'da'! She's such a chatterbox though I'm sure it won't be long before I'm wondering why on earth I was encouraging her to vocalise so much!

MIL from hell is back to smsing and emailing us again, since we went over the one time. Don't know what she's expecting us to do, we're hardly going to fall over ourselves to suddenly be all chummy with her. I think those days are well and truly over. I prefer the five months of silence that we got used to!

I finally finished a lump of work I had to do, so now I'll spend today catching up on DP's work. It never ends! I think I'd rather have another baby than a business!!

Oh, and I went and saw Bel in hospital yesterday, with her gorgeous new bub Julia. What a cutie! Although I cannot believe how tiny she looks compared to Lucy. It's even harder to believe she's actually 2 lbs heavier than what Lucy was at that age. I think bub#2 is going to be a huge change. You get so used to the size/weight of your baby it's hard to remember just how tiny they were. And all the tiny newborn sounds Julia was making (she's got a good cry on her, but such a little squeak really!). Ooooooh... I am so looking forward to doing this again. And DP thinks he'll convince me to stop at 2!! He's going to have to ban me from seeing anyone else's baby after #2 if he expects that to happen!

Bye to all, must get ready to take my poppet for her jabs...

Hi girls, I have been a bit slack of late and have been reading but don't really have anything to say.
    My Grandmas service was lovely last week and it is great to have my parents back home. Mind you they are just about to bbok another trip for next year!!!!
    All my boys are well.

Great to hear from you Becky, it sounds as though you have been very busy

Feeding time at the zoo......custard on the menu for lunch...and the bell just rang to say its time.
    take care

Poor Lucy, took it very personally when she was given her needles. But she did smile at the dr after a feed, so I guess she doesn't hold a grudge!

6.3 kgs, and this time she only has on very light clothes, so I think that's a great improvement. She's back up between the 10th and 15th percentile. Not exactly chubby, but she's definitely longer. I measured her as best as I could and I get 65 cms, but I'll take her down to the ECHC to get a proper one done.

Hi Kas, hope you enjoyed the custard (haha, just joking!).

Hi everyone, sorry I've been so slack posting. I've been reading all about you and your beautiful bubbas but I just never seem to find enough time to post. i've been feeling a bit flat lately too and i never post much while I'm feeling like that.
    My little Imran is going so well. I can't believe how fast he's growing. I visited the clinic last week and he weighs 8.5kg now - what a little fatty. I wasn't very impressed with the nurse. she spent ages telling me how to introduce solids even though I've already BTDT and just skipped over the stuff I wanted to ask about with Yasin. I might go back to Yasin's old nurse. Even though she's 20 minutes away she was really good so its worth the trip. I can't believe how mobile my little fatso is now. He can commando crawl all the way across a room if he sees something he wants on the other side and he gets really grumpy if I want to cuddle him for too long instead of letting him crawple around on the floor. He's a really noisy little person too, Yasin was never so shouty or so prone to getting grumpy lol.
    He still hasn't started solids because he's not yet old enough but he looks so jealous when we eat and he does the funniest thing where he makes little sucky, chewy motions while we eat. He'll be 6 months old in a week so I'll stop teasing him then and let him have some rice cereal. It seems a bit arbitrary saying that next week he's old enough but this week he isn't - I geuss he has to start sometime so 6 months it is. He doesn't really sit up all that well and even though he looks like he wants to share our meals he doesn't seem very hungry so I think he's still getting enough from breast milk.
    I have my driving test in 6 days time and I'm still crap at reverse parking. I hope I figure it out really soon.

Hi Dach, nice to hear from you! Been wondering how Yasin and Imran (and you, of course) were doing!

Imran is a little fatso, but there are baby girls in my Mums' group that are the same size as him, so he's not alone! I also think the 6 mths thing is a bit arbitrary but once Lucy looked at me like she absolutely had to have what I was eating I thought I might as well give it a try. We're going very slowly and so far potato has been given a big 'no way', so I'm trying apple today.

How cute that he can crawl around before he can sit. Lucy has one leg working better than the other, so she tends to 'crawl' in a circle LOL. Altho that could also have something to do with the fact she gets confined a bit so I can work and not watch as much!

Good luck with your driving test!! I remember when I had mine I was so scared of reverse parking I hadn't even tried it before the test. (I know, doesn't make a lot of sense, but sometimes the ostrich approach is the easiest...) The tester gave me the easiest of reverse parks and I got it first go. Probably better than I can do it now! I hope you get a nice person testing you, some of them can be real pr*cks.

I gave Imran his first taste of solids (I feel a bit naughty because he's not 6 months until monday LOL). You should have seen the look on his face. He looked so horrified!! I can't say I blame him. I bought an organic rice cereal and I tried a bit and it had a kind of sandy texture. The processed stuff Yasin started on was much nicer so I'll buy some of that and try him on it.
    Only 2 days to go until my driving test EEK!! I'm meant to have 50 hours driving experience but I'm still 6 hours short. I'll have to drive around and around the suburb my driving test is in tonight (or put in a couple of false entries - sshh!!). I'd better bloody well pass. I feel like such a doofus not having a licence. I lived in the inner-city for so many years and I never imagined that I would move to the 'burbs and need one

GOOD LUCK WITH THE DRIVING TEST DACH!

We are off to DH's year six reunion tonight. They had one last year followed by a picnic the next day that everyone took their kids to. I will go for dinner but will go to my MIL's to keep my SIL (22yrs)company and then go back to get DH and mate when they are "done". Even though i know them all as they went to my high school i don't really have much to say to them. Besides that i have a sore throat and my voice keeps coming and going.

Best get ready we are leaving at 6!

Have a good weekend

Good luck Dach!! I tried Lucy on the same type of rice cereal, but it's not that that gets the funniest looks. Although today she went a lot better and I've discovered she's happy to open her mouth if I rest the spoon on her bottom lip. Instead of waiting for an opening and kind of taking advantage of it, IYKWIM! Ate up all the stuff I prepared. Think I might stick to just the rice cereal for another couple of days before trying to add anything else. I think I was rushing her last week...

Kas - hope your DH has a good time at his reunion. Hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than being sick and having to look after a baby and a toddler, I'd imagine.

Must go, footy about to start and our team is playing. Go the Saints!

oooh I'm supporting the saints by default now since the doggies got knocked out last night. What a bunch of chokers - it was there for the taking. I hate the Broncos. If they win the premiership I will cry.

I've been sooo busy too, everyone is sleeping in so I am taking advantage.

WOW dach - little fatso commando crawling already! My older two were both sitting at 5 months, but my little fatso girl is happy rolling from side to side and sucking on her toes. There'll be no sitting or crawling for Beth for awhile. She is totally content though.

She doesn't get much floor time as I'd like (2yr old and 2 dogs), but I tried her on farex last week and she loved it! She looks like a little goldfish and yells for more.
    Unfortunatley she is being a little sleep tyrant. She won't sleep unless there is a boob involved and once you put her down she screams blue murder, then smiles like she has woken from a 100 year sleep. She is only sleeping for 15mins or so and we have put her in the pram so we can rock her back (works sometimes). My eyes are hanging out and I'm not sure what to do.
    Help? - You would think I would get it right after 3 kids, but they are all so different...

xxxoooxoxoxo

Hiya All.

Dach - I wouldn't worry bout not having your licence, I don't have mine either! I have got my l's and have all my hours done but it is so hard to get a p's test in our town, you have to book in and wait 3 months! I am sure you will get your p's when you go for them! Imran doesn't sound to fond of solids. They make such funny faces when they first try them don't they!?

Kas - How are the house plans going?

Sorry for not many personals, I only have a few minutes.
    Cailan was really sick. Temps of 41+ and the drs said there's nothing they can do, he is all better now they have no clue what it was. He came up with this pin pr*ck rash and then it left and the temps came and then when they were gone he got another rash, bright red splotches but it was covering his body so much that you couldn't see any of the white of his skin. I took him back to the drs 3 times. The health nurse came the day after he started recovering and I asked what the little lumps were on his face and legs and hands and his skin had blistered from being so hot. It was awful, I did everything I could to bring down the temps but they wouldn't leave and his face is peeling now. He screamed for 10 days straight, most of the day and night and he was only having 100mls of a bottle per day. The dr told us to give him flat lemonade and water so he didn't get dehydrated and luckily that worked. I am so ahppy that he is better, I could hardly sleep, I thought he was going to die. None of my kids have ever been that sick, I started blaming myself for it, if only my milk hadn't of dried up he wouldn't have gotten sick, guilt ridden. I am in very high spirits considering what has been happening!
    I am not sure how many of you hear news from the Mid North Coast but Boral Timbers is closing one of its timber processing plants down and it just happens that it is the one that my DH works at! We were only given 2 weeks notice, they told us Monday just gone and they are closing this coming Friday, 29th Sept. So we have decided to move back to QLD, Kingaroy. We are packing up now to leave at the start of November. we are going to move in with the PIL's until DH finds a job and we find a house which shouldn't be too hard since we have looked on the net for both and they are in abundance. DH will get a reasonable redundancy payment so it won't be too bad. Anyhow got to run, lots of stuff to do.

Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Hi everyone

House almost out of council YIPPEEEEEE! We are having a race with a girl friend (Pip in sept buddies) of mine who was due yesterday to see who crosses the finish line first. The wait is killing me!!!

Reunion was ok. Better than the year before and this year we also went to the picnic with the kids the following day. Turns out one of the girls daughters will go to school with Brad next year. So know he will know my girl friends DD, our new neighbour (when we finally build our house) and this little girl. I am not sure if anyone from pre school is going there but should know soon. He is getting excited as the orientation is early in november and they spend a whole day and get to meet their buddy (who will be in year 6), meet the other kids and get familiar with the classroom. During last term thet also have a few playgroup mornings to help them familiarize themselves. I can't believe he only has about 35 pre school days left , My baby is growing up so fast.

Steph - we are due out of council tomorrow and so far all looks good we are just waiting for overall sign off. It must have been terible for Cailan. I am glad he is better now. Good luck with the move and hopefully you will find a house and DH a job in no time at all.

Lulu - i hope the sleeping situation gets better for you.

Dach - we are doggies supporters here too. And as far as I'm concerned i hope the Broc's get ther butts kicked!!!!

That is all. I just realized Brad had a make up day for swimming so i best go as its at 4:30 and i need to get organised.

Hi girls

Kas - it must seem like yesterday that Brad was only a baby, so to be getting ready to send him to school must be quite a shock. Don't tell me one day all of our babies will be that big!! Happy house-plans passing day!

Steph - redundancy can be a great thing, I had mine years ago and used it to start my own business. Moving isn't so great though, so I wish you all the best with that. Poor Cailan, you must have been out of your mind. Do they have any idea what it was?? I take it neither of the other boys were sick at all? I hope you get on well with your ILs and you don't have to stay with them too long!

Dach - we are in mourning after Sat night's game. I hate the Broncos as well, so I guess we'll be supporting Melbourne next weekend! Although, after the way Melb played I can't see the Broncos having a chance in hell so I don't think we need to worry too much. How did the driving test go?

Lu - Hi there! I'm sorry to hear you aren't getting enough sleep. The problem with them not sleeping at night when they're six months is that they don't sleep enough during the day for you to catch up. And you have a toddler as well, so I can only imagine how tired you must feel! Last night I got woken up a few times, extra feed for Miss Lucy for some reason, DP had a headache and then we had a blackout that made the monitor start making noisy sounds. Grrr... I don't have any suggestions on settling Elizabeth for you, when it gets to hard in this house, baby comes to bed with me. Mind you, it's only happened a couple of times, as that isn't a habit I want to have to break at 2, 3 or 4 years of age. But it's a godsend to have up my sleeve.

Hi to everyone else. Liz, I'm onto the Lavendar soap and just love it. Might have to stock up soon!

I forgot to mention in my last post that Liam has managed to roll from back to belly a few times in the last week so i hope he practices some more cause he gets so frustrated stuck on his back. As of today he is no longer in the snuggle bed in the cot (only because he is finally the full length of it).......he is going it alone in the cot. It seemed weired having to put sheets on the cot mattress and make up his little bed. :eek: (sigh) he really is growing up. The time has flown.

Jen - it does only seem a short time ago that Brad was a baby. The scary thing is that both my boys are so alike that i have in fact called Liam Bradley a few times. They have very similar facial expressions and manerisms. What will be sad is Liam going to school. That will mean both my boys are all grown up. I am sure the time will fly by and the day Liam starts school i will remember this message and wonder where the time has gone.

I hope all of the bubbas are keeping well and being good for the mums and dads.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast