Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #5

Hi All.

Kas - You must be getting so excited about your new house, hope everything went well at the council meeting. If so, do you have a start date yet? I am also putting Cailan into a bare cot, they look so tiny in it. I am glad to hear that Liam is rolling onto his belly. Cailan is doing it also, but the health Nurse has said that because he is not rolling back from his belly to his back that he has to see the occupational therapist. We are going today, seems a bit drastic to me since he is only 6.5 months old. Has your health Nurse said anything to you about Liam seeing an OT?

Jen - We don't have any solid evidence to what Cailan had but one nurse did mention Scarlett Fever. But Archer and Braxton didn't have a hint of sickness. The dr told me it was a viral infection. I guess we will never know. He is completely over it now so no worries. I can go for my P's now but it is just a long wait to book in. I am very tempted to wait until I am in Qld and go for them up there. I'll have to wait and see what the next couple of weeks bring. We are leaving in about 5 weeks so I may not have time with all the packing and organising that I have to do.

Lu - Sorry to hear that you are having sleeping problems with Elizabeth. If my boys aren't sleeping well, I always give them a nice warm bath, slightly warmer than their usual baths and then after they are out I rub some nice baby bedtime oil into them (lavender and chamomile). I have found that they sleep better after a bath. But I haven't had to try anything else cos I have been very lucky with them. They have all slept at least 7 hours a night since about 3 weeks old, even DS1 who screamed all day, everyday for three months slept from 11pm-7am. I hope you can get her to sleep longer than 15 minutes at a time, you must be so tired. One other thing you could try if you want would be to express breast milk for her night feed and give it to her from a bottle. Then you will know exactly how much she is getting at that night feed and she might feel fuller and then sleep longer. I don't know, I am just throwing ideas out there for you. Good luck Lu. (ps - I am still loving that name, Elizabeth Raine, gorgeous!)

Well, I didn't mention this last post, I have started this new diet and I have lost 5 kilos in two weeks. I am so happy, it is great to see rsults and it is making me stick to the diet. Only 40 kilos to go! (I know - how sad!)
    Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy! Enjoy your holidays!!!

Hey guys.. just a quicky. I'll come back later today I promise!

Steph - firstly.. yay at your weightloss! Well done! As for not rolling.. I just got back from the paed, and he asked about rolling, I said nup.. not rolling. If anything he's worked out how to NOT accidentally roll. LOL. He said not to worry, so long as he's active in other ways. I told him when he's on his belly he's starting to lift up his tummy, and he's always reaching out for his things, so I don't think it'll be long until he's on the move. So he wasn't concerned about the rolling at all. I'm glad I've got that from a paed.. coz I know the MCHN was gonna check the rolling thing at the 6-8 month check. So now it's another thing from the nurse I can ignore. LOL. Dunno why I bother going there really, coz I never agree with the nurses

Take care guys.. will be back later

Hi all,
    Steph - we are having a minor glitch with house but it should be sorted next week and then a few weeks after that we should she some action on site.
    Don't stress about the rolling. Due to my arthritis that i got after Brad he had barely any tummy/floor time and we were not sent to the OT until he was about 10 months to teach him to crawl. He was rolling from tum to back but it took the OT to teach us how to teach him to get from back from tum and also to crawl. He picked it up in no time and all is well with his gross motor skills now.
    CONGRATS on the weight loss....any tips for the rest of us?????? i got some baby luggage to lose also.

Hope all are well. I gotta go get Bradley from pre school.

Default Hi everyone

Hi all mums whos baby was born in March 2006,

I have just joined today this forum and have been told to join in with the baby buddies of babies the same age so here i am.

Well my little one has been a real sook today comstantly whinging and not really wanting her milk it has to be teething i am sure!!!!

It is the first time she has ever been like this and it is driving me nuts!

On a good word though i will give you some history of her actions and new things she has been dong.

crawling: she is up on her knees rocking back and forth, she gets very frustrated that she can not crawl yet as well.

Words: it sounds like dadad and mama nut i think it may be a little early for that but then again it might be.

Feeding: All good in this department loves all fruit and veges, still only on one meal a day at lunchtime though. Should i increase to two a day? Today though shs has been a bit cheeky and closing the lips tight and mucking about! Not too worry.

Sleep:She is good at that, she has been though lately awaking once in the night for her dummy though around 2.30am. The last two nights have been sleeping through thankgod!

Anyway enough of my babble, just thought i would say hello to all of you and i look forward to becoming buddies on the net.

Jen xx

Hi Jen

Welcome to the March baby buddies, I look forward to hearing all about you and your little girl! Although she didn't start off so little!!! My baby was 5 lb 10 oz at birth, it's amazing to think your newborn was over 10 lbs!! Good on Tayneesha for being up on her hands and knees, doesn't sound like it'll be long before she's off. Lucy still does the caterpillar wriggle. But she's very good at sitting up and hates lying on her back now. She'll play in a sitting position for ages. I think 'cause she likes sitting so much it's limiting how much time she spends on her belly.

Hi to everyone else, I'm off to see what's on for dinner. Can't believe it, but Lucy was so tired she's in bed already. Great, bet this means a 4am feed in the morning!

Hey Jennifer,

Lucy is just adorable thats for sure, you must be very proud of her. Dinner time for us, so must go, but thanks for the reply and look forward to talking to you on the forum in the future.

Jen

Hi Jen and welcome,
    Tayneesha is so cute! Don't you hate that.Just when you think you have the routine sorted they change it. You may find her teeth may be moving about under the gums which is why she is clingy and not wanting food. Liam has been like that a few times the last month or so and that is what i am putting down to. She sounds as though she is doing well with everything and I look forward to getting to know the 2 of you better.

Talking Kas

Hi Kas,

Thankyou, She has been fine today and the last couple of days. I am originally from WA so i am all excited that we won the grand final. Broncos have just got to win now and it will be a great weekend for me. She is still fussing with her solids she takes some and plays around so not going too good at the moment. She use to love them and really open her mouth and eat and eat... MUst be the teeth i can't think what else it could be.

Anyway i will post some more meesgaes during the weekend probably tomorrow or Monday and update yu of the progress of her. She's a little devil really

Well must go it is her bath time and organising for bedtime. At least she has been sleeping through the night recently..

Talk soon,

Jen

Welcome Jen! Your little Tayneesha was a big baby born wasn't she?! Was she full term?
    Look forward to hearing more about you and bubby in the future.

Kas - I started this diet through the chemist, so have just cut out most heavy carbs, like potato, pumpkin, corns, peas, noodles, bread, pasta, biscuits, sweets, a few other things. I do eat small amounts but I have cut back a lot and increased my water and fruit intake. It is working so I am really happy about it, my Dr told me give it a go and I am glad that I have done it. Hope things with your house have been sorted out, then the fun part can begin!

Ivana - Thanks for mentioning the info you got from the pead, I am not so worried now, well, actually I wasn't that worried to begin with, just very annoyed that the HN is making a big deal of everything. I am seeing nearly every professional from the community health centre and I think they keep referring me to each other so they can have an extra client each. I am looking forward to moving away so that I won't be bugged by them anymore. I can name a few women that actually do need their services who they don't see, I should be on the bottom of the list!

Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Default Hey

Hi Steph,

Yeah she was a big one thats for sure, god knows how i did it naturally with only one shot of pethadine and gas.

She was 4 days early the cyclone made her come i would say! The last few days and nights she has been really good so i would say the teeth have settled. God it takes a long time for teeth to come through Poor little things....

I had a great sleep in today my DH took over the duties this morning for me so i could have a sleep in. He is so good and a great father to Tayneesha. I hope everyone else's DH gives you a sleep in once in a while too!

Anyway she is sound asleep and in the routine of in bed by 7-7.30pm at night sleeps through to 5.30 -6.00am sometimes 7am - one of the lucky ones i think!

Solids she is back to normal thankgod, teeth i think made her not really want them!

She is still rolling and up on her knees rocking back and forth and sitting. She's trying to stand up by the looks of it, but maybe thats part of her experiment in crawling. Hopefully she does crawl soon as she gets frustrated with herself sometimes. I may have to help her and teach her to get her to do it... Anyone give advise on crawling and how old your little ones were when they started and what they did etc etc.

Anyway better go spend some time with DH he loks lonley on the couch!

Jen

Jen - I just can't beleive how big Tayneesha was! Esp for a girl. My neice was 9lbs 5.5oz and I thought she was a biggie for a girl! I have also been very lucky with all my babies sleeping through from about 3/4 weeks old. They are all well and truly into a great routine of bed at 8pm and they wake at around 9am. Great to hear that you have a supportive hubby, we all need and deserve that. My DH is great with our kids, sometimes a little short tempered but he is learning. He is terriffic always changing nappies and lets me sleep in on the weekends. He has recently been made redundant due to his workplace shutting down so the next 6 weeks he will be home with us and I know the boys are going to love it.
    As for the crawling, every baby is so different, my first son crawled at 8 months and my second shuffled along on his bellytil he was 9.5 months. Cailan he is doing a little belly shuffle too and sometimes pulls his knees up. It is exciting when they start moving around but it also brings some mess. Once they start to move they want to get into everything! I found the Tupperware was the favourite with 1 & 2, I am curious to see where Cailan will go exploring once he is moving. He rolls over onto his belly but can't seem to get back over onto his back again. I am sure it is coming soon.

Goodnight all, sweet dreams.

Hi girls

Steph - hope the packing is going well and I bet you'll love having DH home for six weeks. You'll probably be looking forward to him going back to work after that! Sounds like Cailan is doing all the normal movement things, I can't see why the MCHN would make such a big deal about rolling. Which reminds me, I haven't seen our MCHN since Lucy was about six weeks old. I suppose I should go in for the 6-8 mth check...

Jen - OMG, I hope it's not correct that 2nd babies are bigger in your case!! But well done on the delivery! My BF had a boy 9 lb 14 oz and she only had a couple of puffs of the gas as well. Did you have a long labour? Are you in NQ? I grew up in Townsville.

Hi Kas, hard to believe Liam is already 7 mths old! Lucy will be there next week. I don't know where the time goes...

Well, at our place things are going well. Lucy's cot should arrive this week and she is well and truly ready for it. She was head-butting the top of the cradle after waking up on the weekend. Just as well she sleeps so still or she would have been out of it ages ago. She's happier to have food now, and I made it less runny on the weekend as well. She didn't gag once. I'm thinking of increasing it to two times a day next week. Yesterday she even got fussy right around the time I usually give her food and settled down as soon as she'd eaten, so she's obviously starting to expect it. She hasn't decreased her bf at all that I can tell (my bbs would let me know!). Does anyone know when that starts to happen? Not that I want it to, I'm more than happy to keep feeding her as much as she wants. She's obviously just getting extra calories from the food.

We've had to start shutting her door at night when she goes to sleep or she just won't settle. Too many noises and she thinks she's missing out on something. So the gate is off and the door is shut. She's a real pro at sitting now and she sure does wriggle herself around. And such a chatterbox! I've never heard another baby make so much noise, if it wasn't so funny it would be embarrassing. We were at the shopping centre on Sunday and she's gabbling away in her stroller so loudly that everyone we walked by stopped to look at her.

I've hurt the tendon in my thumb/wrist and I've resorted to wearing a support for it so I don't drop everything (especially the baby!). The physio did some work on it a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was almost better last week, but no good. The support seems to be working though, and for the first time this morning it wasn't killing me when I woke up. It's my right hand too, so a real pain for work.

Hi to everyone else and hope to hear from you all soon!

Jen13 - Lucy sounds so cute talking away to herself. Girls speak faster than boys do so I am sure you are in for lots of conversations when she is older! Sorry to hear you hand is giving you greif, I hope it feels better soon. My packing is underway, two rooms done, only 5 to go!

Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Default Hi All

Well were can i start, Tayneehsa has been good today except for a little clingy this arvo but ok now, Sleeping. She is now liking her solids again and has breakfast, lunch and dinner now.

She is still trying to crawl and getting really frustrated and sooky as usual. She is nearly there but not quite the poor little thing. I tell you what though when she is off she will beinto everything, at the moment she rolls or drags herself to were she wants to go and finds things...... Her new thing is pulling on the curtains while daydreaming out the window. Keeps her occupied for hours!

I've been getting plenty of sleep lately so the teeth have settled down again thankgod, i just wish they would hurry up and break through it seems to be taking ages and ages.Anybody else feel the same?

For Steph: I'm sorry to here that your DH has been made redundant, i hope he got a big payout! Yeah i agree it is so easy if you have a supportive partner that helps even though they can be a little short tempered and ask stupid questions. Sometimes i feel like just ripping my hair out and telling him to read up some more on babies and kids but i keep my mouth shut as he is trying his best and i must say doing a great job really. He is a good dad and i could not ask for anything more. Tayneesha is wanting everything we have in our hands at the moment and exploring that way and i can see she is eyeing off what she will be into when she can crawl! Tupperware has been eyed off i must say. Anyway i hope all works out for your hubby and Cailan will get there sounds like it won't be toolong. Let me know when he does reach that milestone!

For Jen13 - Oh god don't say that, mind you i do prefer to have a bigger baby as it seemed to be easier. My girlfriend just had a baby and she was so small and fragile thats when i realised how big Tayneesha really was at birth. She is now at 6 weeks old and Tayneesha's Birth weight!She is a cutie though and so adorable. My labour was 12 hrs and no complications during it at all. I did though go into shock after the birth about 1hr later it was i think all the hard work and i had her just after cyclone larry so for the lead up to her birth i had no power, no phone and not much sleep at all or rest as it was stinking hot you could just imagine what it was like a nightmare especially what damage Larry caused it was a wopper of a cyclone! I am from Cairns i moved here two years ago from Perth WA. Townsville we have friends there and use to go there a bit, no offence but not much to do there. Do you miss townsville? How come you moved? I can't find anyone on this forum from NQld so far have you come across any, if you do let me know!

Well better go get diner ready for us i thinnk i might have a chicken dish tonight.....

Hi to all of you and hear from you all soon. Hope everyone is doing good and getting plenty of rest and sleep. Keep me posted on your little ones milestones and all that too!

Jen
    xx

Hi Jen - no offence taken, there's a reason I don't live there anymore! I moved away over 10 yrs ago. I think there are a few ppl on here from FNQ, try posting a message in the Qld local member discussion or Introduction section to ask. I still have a few friends who live there and I also have some relatives in Cairns and nearby. We used to go on holidays up there a lot when I was a kid. How do you like Cairns compared to Perth? Only ever been to Perth when I was really little, so I don't remember it. I'm guessing you'll find it a bit hotter in Cairns over summer (and wetter!).

You are right I think that bigger babies might have less problems at birth, but we were lucky. Our little 5lb 10 oz titch was a great feeder and sleeper from the start. No issues at all despite her size. Great job on your labour, I hope my next one is like that! I had a c/s due to placenta praevia so I've never even felt a contraction (no BHs either).

Must go, Lucy is getting bored of the things on the desk...

Hey Jen 13,

Love it in Cairns it is like your on holidays all the time here. The weather actually is ok i like the heat. Perth is a dry heat wereas cairns is humidity. I do miss Perth sometimes but only because family and friends are there.

Oh you poor thing! for the next one and i hope all goes to your birth plan, thats if you have one.

Anyway gotta go get a bottle ready, sleep time for my little one. Nanna nap.

Jen
    xx

Hi girls

How are you all doing? I see some of you around in other threads as well, kind of makes up for it when it's quiet in here!

Dach - your boys sound so cute together, playing already. They'll be great mates. We won't talk about the footy now until next year...!

Kas - hope the plans are through and you're onto the next stage. How are your boys?

Steph - hope the packing is going well and you've got hardly any rooms to go. Can't be easy packing with three little boys, two who are no doubt happy to 'help'!

Jen - how's it going? Glad you like the heat up there, I have to admit I was so surprised when I went back to NQ to visit how much I hated the weather! Only took me about a year to get un-used to it! Now I don't visit after about Sept. I'm such a wimp... I hope you are making friends in Cairns so that you aren't lonely. At least Tayneesha would give you plenty to do!

Ivana - hi there, how's Lucy's little boyfriend going? I can't believe he had a 'solids' poo ages ago, Lucy has been having some food once a day and still has the bf nappies every time. Although the colour is starting to vary, so it must be going through somehow... Tried pumpkin this morning and she wasn't excited, but she did take some. I have some more for tomorrow.

Well, I'm feeling a bit flat today. Just finished up a couple of work projects and hoping for some more to keep me going. Car insurance and rego due this month and we all know what that does to the $$$. We're going to see MIL-from-hell again on Saturday for morning tea and I think she's trying to turn it into a monthly thing. I am so dreading going and I almost wish we'd been horrible when she chucked her spack attack in April and just told her we never wanted to see her again. After all the things she said about us I don't think she really deserves it, but what do you do? I don't want to be the bad person here. Although I did say to Anthony if she ever again says she doesn't want to see Lucy again, under any circumstances, that's what will happen. I don't want to ever hear anyone who supposedly loves my little girl saying they don't want to see her. And I certainly don't want it happening when she's old enough to understand. I think if we make that abundantly clear it she won't say it again. It's a deal-breaker. My wicked side is a little pleased that we've organised the christening and we'll tell her about it too. We've asked an older male friend of ours (our parents' ages) to be Lucy's godfather and MIL has been jealous that we get along so well with this couple and call them our 'surrogate parents' (my Mum lives interstate and they're family friends of my side). So it should pi$$ her off no end to hear he's going to be Lucy's godfather. Not that we asked him for that reason, really to give Lucy a grandfather-figure and they adore her, but it's a bonus!

Well, I'm going to have lunch while Lucy has a nap. Don't get many breaks so I should take advantage of this one!

hi everyone!

Welcome to Jen and Tayneesha! She is such a beautiful bub! How cute!!

I will just do a quick update... Abby is going great, she is getting very good at sitting up and is using her hands really well. She does thins thing where it looks like shes is about to crawl off from a sitting position IYKWIM

As for crawling.... when shes on her belly she can lift her head and chest up just fine and she does that for ages but she just cant get that fat belly of her off the ground. I think it will be a long while before my little fatty gets up and going!

Everything else is same as usual, still sleeping thru, still eating really well- up to 2-3 meals and 3 bottles a day. Still only got the 2 beautiful teeth and only talking when she is her most grumpy! thats when the dad-da or mumma comes out.

As for my sisters baby, he is now home and doing well (after 2 weeks in melb). he put on 125g in 2 days!!! He is very beautiful and it really makes you realise how far our little ones come in such a short time. They really do grow up and change sooo fast

Anyway, shes doing her "put me to bed" grunts so id better go.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast