Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #6

Hi All,
    Hasn't the time since we had our babies gone so fast?! Cailan is climbing all over things and getting into mischeif already, I thought I would have a little while more without three mischeif makers but it isn't so. DS#1 did his first poo in the toilet, it is taking a little longer than I expected to get him trained. A ways to go yet too. DS#2is such an adrenaline junkie, DH swings him by the ankles way up into the air and he loves it. Bit scary for me to watch though.
    I don't get much chance to come on anymore, living with the PIL's has had me say good bye to my privacy. I really only get on when they are out. Hopefully I will catch up with you all soon and hear more about the bubs, who are quickly approaching their 1st birthdays!!!
    Kas - HOw did you go with toilet training Bradley? Any tips?

Hi girls,

As you all know i am in Perth still and not home till 20th Jan so will post more then. I thought i would write a quick hello to you all so that you don't think i have just left etc.

I am having a great Holiday and Tayneesha was a dream child on the plane it was her mum (me) the problem LOL i was throwing up in the toilet all the way morning sickness from the bumps and all of that Yuck:eek: !

We have been so lucky Tayneesha has settled straight away and this trip has not affected her at all she has had some hurting from her teeth though but thats expected and nurofen helps that. She was spoilt rotten for her first Chrissy as i could imagine all of the bubs would have been!

Anyway i will give an update on her progress for you all:

Teeth - She has her bottom two, top two and another one at the LHS of one of her top teeth so she has 5 all up so far AHHHH!! more to come though. Has been a little sooky here and there but reasonably ok.

Words - Nanna, Dadda, Mumma, Mum and Oh with pointing at objects, she understands what i am saying to her and it is just wonderful to see her grow up into a big girl, what ever happened to our little bubbas.....

Food - Eats everything, but lately has been a little fussy with her food and not liking veges???? Teeth i would say but she has an addiction for yogurt loves it thats for sure. She is not too keen on meat yet but will sometimes eat it, so not too concerned at all as healthy and growing fast.

Crawling - still crawling but can stand unaided and also walks behind her toy bike ie - a push along and loves it so won't be far off walking thats for sure. Yeah, maybe not though

Sleeping - she is sleeping all the way through at night sometimes though she will wake but we just put the dummy back in and she is alsleep within a minute or so just her teeth! It is daylight saving in Perth so she doesn't go to be until 8.30pm or 9.00pm still daylight then at night so thats a bit out of wack from Cairns ie- she goes down at 7.30pm in cairns... Might have to re-organise all of the sleeping again back in cairns see what happens.

She also is copying us alot more as well it is just so cute thats for sure. Oh and kids she just loves them can not get enough fun out of them, her cousins love her to bits and she just has so much fun i am so glad we have a video camera! Gosh all of our babies have grown so much and so fast time is just flying by.

My preganancy is going fine all healthy with the baby and i feel really well and healthy about myself so i am on top of the world right now. I fell like super Mum Lol!

Well better go but i thought while i have a sec tonight i do a quick post to you all, quick mmmm it was long my fingers just wanted to keep typing.... Lol!

Take care all of you and hugs and kisses to all our littlies that are becoming big kids so fast!!!

Jen

Hi everyone!

Steph - great to hear from you, although it must be a PIA to not catch up more often! I can only imagine how watchful you have to be with 3 on the go! It seems I can hardly keep up with Lucy sometimes. Are you looking for a place of your own? Yay on Archer doing his first poo in the toilet!!! I am sooooo looking forward to Lucy being toilet trained. It's easier to clean and dispose of her nappies now, but she just won't lie still while I'm changing her. I have visions of poo being splattered to the far corners of the room...

Kas - how are you? How are the house plans coming along?

Liz - hope you're more unpacked now. Just think, you won't have to do it again for a long time now!

I'm off to do some housework before a friend comes over for lunch today with her little one. She's going to be looking after Lucy for me when I start working (probably from next week or the one after). Her baby is crawling now too so Lucy and Tiana should have lots of fun chasing one another around!

Hi Jen, glad to hear you're having a good time in Perth. When we were up in Brissy the time change would have stuffed us around except I just kept Lucy on Sydney-time. Meant her poor Nana wasn't going to get to sleep beyond 6 am, but hey, at least I kept her quiet until then! Sounds like our bubs are going through very similar stages, all things much the same with Lucy, except she only has two teeth still and loves any food, although particularly yoghurt. You should see her crack up when she finishes it each night!

Hope the plane trip back isn't as chucky for you, you poor thing. Lucy loved the plane ride too, thought it was great fun to talk to everyone and look out of the window. Ooops, gotta go and rescue all of my paperwork from my little 'assistant'!

Hey guys! What clever bubs! Walking and talking! hehe. Tallon isn't walking OR talking yet. Well... not really. I haven't got him that pushalong car walking thingy yet.. but when I get around to it, I'm sure he's gonna be off around the house! He still only says mumma and dada, but I only get mumma when it's a whinge or a cry hehe. Oh - he says ta now! LOL. When I hand him his food, he says ta. very cute. (we've been working on that one for a week or so ) But he understands EVERYTHING. If I ask him to go and play with the ball, he looks for it and goes and gets it. And we play a game of 'where's the ducky?" and he's so excited about it it's hilarious! All we do is put a rubber duck up on the arm of the couch or somewhere, and he excitedly climbs up to get it. DH likes to make it challenging by hiding it under a basket or something.. but Tallon's too smart for him! hehe.

OK gotta go. I always waste my valuable time whilst tallon is sleeping .. on BB! LOL.

Liz, you are so right on the understanding things! If I point to something and tell her to look at it she looks right away, and if I try to hide something behind something else (ie yoghurt behind fruit so she'll eat that first) she tries to crane her neck around or move whatever is in the way. Can't fool her anymore! Her chattering is mostly unintelligible, but she's got 'tone' now and sounds very conversational. Love Tallon's game of 'hide the ducky'! Must try something like that, thanks for the tip.

How's the TTC coming along? Any news for this month?

nah no news yet... not trying just yet. Still just taking my vitamins and things for another month or so. We're waiting until his 1 (or nearly 1 anyway.. hehe). Couple more cycles probably, then we'll try. It's a bit scarey.. I'm struggling getting things done with just 1! hehe. But I want them to be fairly close in age, so I'll just have to cope.

paradise lost Guest

Hi Ladies,

i just wanted to stop by and see how my preggy buddies were getting on... Been a while huh! Of course technically Smee came in April, but whatever.

Update on me: I'm now a single SAHM. XDP and i broke up when she was 8 weeks old, and i moved out 2 months later. Iam now seeing a friend who i'd developed feelings for last year but hadn't acted on. I feel like i'm finally heading in the direction i want to go in! XDP sees DD everyday and has her overnight once at the weekend, in addition to putting her to bed 2 or 3 times a week - he used to have her for afternoons but his shifts changed so he can't ATM. I feel lucky to be able to survive on the government's benefits while i care for my daughter. I plan to work again once she's big enough for state nursery (3), until then i'll be her main carer. I'm cooking her shepherds pie as i type - i feel a bit crazy - does anyone else find themselves putting crazy amounts of veg in food so they can give it to bubs? LOL, i would normally add peas and onions, but this one also has red onion, carrot, courgette and green beans in! I am happy being a mum but after the initial period (birth-8 weeks) when XDP did nothing to help me and went out to smoke dope every weekend and stayed out all night and generally broke my insides up with broken trust and desperate unmet need, i've had a 5-year IUS fitted so i can't have any more. After 5 years i can request sterilisation. DP (new DP) says i might have changed my mind by then, but honestly i can't see me ever trusting someone to that extent again. Now the contraception is sorted i'm actually very happy in my relationship.

Update on Smee (as she is affectionately known): She's BEAUTIFUL! She's in age 12-18 month clothes alreadys as she is so long. SHe's kind of lean but my Health Visitor says not to weigh her or worry about her as she's bright as a button and VERY active. SHe has her 2 bottom teeth at the front and made zero fuss when she was cutting them. SHe can commando-crawl and is into EVERYTHING. SHe's also just started trying to stand up by sticking her bum in the air from all fours but hasn't quite got the hang yet. She pulls herself up against things but fell and hit her face last week when trying to do so and is a bit cautious now. SHe loves her food and eats more or less what i'm having smooshed up. THis means i'm FAR more careful about my diet than i used to be LOL. I sadly stopped breastfeeding at 7 months. Due to the stress i'd be under with the breakup etc and moving house i'd lost more than 18kg and my supply was just going and going. So i switched her to formula from about 4 months, very slowly, and here we are. I wish i'd been able to BF for the whole first year, but i figured it was time to admit defeat on that one. In addition a fairly serious thyroid problem i'd developed (giant goiter, low thyroxine) has rectified itself without treatment since i stopped BFing so obviously my body was struggling. So she's a formula baby now, and not bothered by it at all. SHe's very active and can roll, sit, kneel, stand (with help) and commando crawl. Her favourite thing seems to be finding dangerous things i don't think she can reach and touching them so my heart stops. SHe's a very happy giggly baby, never a moments peace but never an ounce of trouble. A joy, really, i feel so lucky. In addition she sleeps 12 hours a night straight with no problems and also has 2 naps a day (one of which i'm utilising right now ).

Must go - the food is ready for smooshing and we're going swimming this afternoon, me Smee and XDP.

Loves to all

Hana

Hana - welcome back! Lovely to hear that everything is going so well

Jen - I was just being nosy and had a look at the latest pics of Lucy - and OMG how funny - we took a picture of Tallon in a suitcase when we were moving out of mums! LOL!

Will catch up later girls!

Hi Liz, haha at Tallon hopping into the suitcase as well! I think Lucy was probably in mine after the ball or the video camera, I'm sure she had no idea I was packing up to come home, but still it was cute!

Hana - sorry to hear you've had some downs over the last little while. Sounds like you are sorting things out now though. Good luck with everything and hopefully we'll hear from you a bit more now!

News today is Lucy walked backwards with her push-along car! Yesterday she took a step towards me on her own but more or less fell into me, so I wouldn't be counting it. She is constantly doing things now without holding on to anything for support and getting much more secure with her balance. I just wish she'd stay away from the dog's water bowl! She thinks no is ever so funny when I say it. I don't think I'm very tough!

Off to have a nap, I have a dreadful cold and feel like c##p but hopefully it'll be gone soon.

Hana ~ I went through something similar with DH when our first son was born. Unfortunately he was not prepared for fatherhood back then and he completely ignored us both for the first 3 months, plus a few other very nasty things I won't mention. I ended up kicking him out and telling him to go back to his mother, he was always comparing me to her, so I told him he could live with her. Anyway I swore I would never have another child, I hated him for rejecting us. I told him I was moving to live with my mum and he started to wake up to himself (after his brother put him up the wall on our behalf too). He moved to NSW with us and we mended our relationship. I can't beleive that my DH is the same man I kicked out 3 and a bit years ago. He is the most caring, loving and committed father that I know. He changes nappies and gets up to the children all through the night, sometimes he has a brain snap and yells but everyone does sometimes and I can't blame him - our children are full on 24/7! I know that it isn't the exact same situation that you are in but please don't close your heart to any more children or from letting yourself love and trust someone again. Your new DP may be the man that is perfect for you and to say never is a big thing. I know saying to myself that I didn't want anymore children after Cailan was the wrong thing, I had my tubes tied and I am devasted with my decision, not only because I am having medical problems from it but because I would dearly love another baby. I know you might feel like this now but after you have had explored this new relationship further you might find true happiness with new DP. I hope it works out for you, you deserve a good man after things that have happened with XDP. Anyhow your little Smee sounds just gorgeous. BTW what on earth is courgette????

Hi Steph, wow, had no idea you had such a rough time after Archer was born. Good on you for laying down the ground rules that have now lead to such a loving, happy family. I will also make sure I make a special fuss of DP this weekend for really stepping up to the plate when he was totally unprepared for children when we fell pg! Men! I can't believe they think it's so tough to become fathers when it isn't them who has to carry, give birth to, breastfeed and usually be responsible for the majority of the care! Hearing you say you wish you hadn't had your tubes tied has made me sure that we've made the right decision for neither of us to discuss sterilising until we're too old to have another child, ie both into our mid-40s. Even though we might have completed our family before then, we think we will hold off on anything final until it's really unadvisable to have children. Not sure why, really. Although we did say if we happened to win lotto we'd both like to retire and do nothing but have babies! So to hear you say that makes me even more determined, even though we have friends who are rushing off to get vasectomies right after their 2nd or 3rd child is born!

Hot day here so we'll be sticking close to the airconditioning until later this afternoon when we're going to a friend's nearby to have a swim - yay! I have to finish getting Lucy's photo album done today too, I promised myself there were a few jobs to be completed before I am working too much to bother. She was given a beautiful album when she was born and I'm going to put photos from her first year in it. Just a couple of pages spare now for the short time until her first birthday. It's half done, so it won't take long.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi guys...

I am still around (mostly reading & not posting sorry)....

I am working fulltime & DH is out of town working sun-fri... so things are crazy...

Quick update...

Alexa is on 3 solid feeds a day (but does NOT like meat, any suggestions..) & 3-4 180ml bottles

She has 2 bottom teeth through but has another 4 teeth giving her hell (she is not a pleasant teether)... I have had 2 weeks of a non sleeping baby arghhhhhhh

She has just figured out how to crawl forwards.. but when she gets lazy she does a belly flow forwards or starts rolling LOL...

She can aso say mum & yummy, but wont say dad yet LOL...

She weighed in last month at just over 7kg & 66cm long, she is starting to fit into 00 now too, so that is exciting LOL....

Hope everyone is well & bubs are doing great...
    Last edited by *mitch*; January 12th, 2007 at 10:21 AM.

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear everyone is going well and all the babies are doing great!

Our xmas was wonderful, we all got too many gifts and im still trying to figure out where to put them all!

Abby is doing great. She is finally crawling!! Shes is trying to pull her self up on everything too so we might be catching up to all the other march babies!

She has her 5th asnd 6th teeth coming thru right now. Has been grumpy at times, but nothing i could complain about, just needs a few extra cuddles and a snuggle before bed.

She can say a few words... her fav is dad/da and she thinks its funny to scream it out when we are in the car to try to get him to look at her.... if he does, she does a big cheeky grin and off she goes again. We cant even talk over her its that loud!

Other words she can say are: ta, out, yes and chook of all things!! (she just loves poppa's chooks) She just wont say mum! When i say "mum mum mum" she says "dad dad dad dad dad"

As for eating, shes on 3 210 bottles and 3 meals a day. loves her food but is not keen on feeding herself. Shes into the 0s and weighs about 9.5kg

as for TTC... well as you can see by my sig, its all go for this year. I feel reluctant to say we are TTC and im not sure why? weird. Its scary and sometimes i wonder if its the right thing to do by Abby. I dont want her to miss out if i get morning sickness or something and maybe i wont giver her the attention she needs?? How do mums cope with m/s when they have a little one to look after?

hmm jumping ahead of myself just a tad... have to conceive first!!

Anyway, i hope everyone has a great day... we are off to visit my sister and her kids. Abby is sooo inlove with her 4 month old cousin! she goes crazy when ever she sees him and kisses him like crazy. Its very cute to see. Shes going to love being a big sister.
    xx em

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well. Imran is the biteist baby ever at the moment. He chomps down on anything he can get his teeth. Luckily he doen't bite my boobs because his little nips are very painful.
    I missed out on a milestone yesterday. I was upstairs and DH had Imran in the garden and he stood up all on his own without anything to pull himself up with. I geuss its usually DH who misses the milestones so I'm glad that he got to see a first.
    Imran waves bye-bye now. Its so cute. The first time he did it I thought that it was just a coincidence that his hand was flapping in the air while I was saying bye-bye to someone but now the second anyone says bye-bye to him he starts waving.
    He loves to clap now too and also he likes to hi-five.

Hi everyone

Hope you're all having fun with your babies!

Chloe, great to hear from you! Lucy gave a few nibbly attempts at my shoulder a couple of months ago and giggled at my reaction... Thankfully she now seems far too busy biting her food to worry about keeping that up. Yay at Imran's milestone, and I guess it is only fair DH should get one every now and then! Maybe. Won't be long until all of them have taken off. I'm still waiting for Lucy's first step now. She can do everything short of it and will toddle along holding onto my hand now. She gets so proud of herself.

Em - good luck with TTC #2. You'll have some company in here by the look of it - but not me! I too am worried about when as far as it will affect Lucy. But atm I would never be able to do it with work. How cute that Abby loves her little cousin. Isn't it amazing how much they love other kids and babies?

Mitch - great to hear from you. Sounds like Alexa is doing really well. As for suggestions to add meat, well, I mix a bit of lean mince in with Lucy's veggies when she isn't having our leftovers. She loves the taste of meat, but you could always try adding it to the veggies Alexa likes the best to convince her. Lucy's particular favourite is pasta with bolognese sauce, have you tried offering something like that? Not really sure where Alexa is at with solids so it might be a bit much just yet.

Hi to everyone else. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi guys,

We did our first baby sign yesterday! yay! He now signs BALL. yay! He also waves hello & goodbye (a bit unco.. but still waving LOL). He understands the other signs, like milk, book, drink and eat, but he hasn't signed them back yet. The books say that once they do their first couple of signs, it really takes off from there.

I bought him his first toothbrush a few weeks ago. LOL. He happily chews on it. In fact it results in screaming when I take it off him.. so hopefully he'll enjoy brushing his teeth! heheh.

As for biting - yup.. we have a little biter here too. Not norty biting tho... it's just that everything goes in that mouth! Including toes, ankles, shoulders... argh. And worst of all.. my hair! He's been obsessed with my hair for ages now.. any ideas how to substitute something for it? It seems to be the thing that comforts him. If he's not sleeping, and is carrying on.. all I have to do is pop him on our bed, lie down next to him.. he rolls over and grabs my hair.. and goes to sleep! If only it was a blanky instead *sigh*. But he's always hanging onto it, and trying to eat it. very annoying.

Eating - going ahead leaps and bounds LOL. He eats anything and everything - well, anything that he can hold - how do you feed Lucy pasta Jen?? LOL.. we tried.. and he either sucks a whole noodle into his mouth.. or he can't get hold of it! He hovers around us like a dog at the dinner table wanting bits of anything we're eating too. We now have to curb our unhealthy habits.. coz he gets upset if he doesn't get a nibble of anything we're eating. hehe. I had to give him a couple of chips the other day in the car, coz we got takeaway, and he was most put out that we were in the front eating, and he wasn't! He does however LOVE his fruits, and funnily enuf, he LOVED the salmon that we cooked last week on the bbq! Good brain food

Emz - TTCing - yay! I feel the same.. wondering how I'll cope, and if we're really ready .. but when are you ever REALLY ready?? Plus, we have to think what the kids will be like in 9+ months time, and it'll be very different to now.. so YAY! go for it! Oh and as for coping with m/s.. I'm in the process of stocking up the freezer with lots of meals! I wasn't sick exactly with m/s, but could NOT think about food. If mum cooked for me.. I could eat anything.. it wasn't a problem.. but I couldn't pick anything to eat myself. So poor DH lived on lean cuisines most of that trimester LOL. So I'm stocking up the freezer in the garage so I don't have to think about food through that first stage!

Our initial plan was to ttc when he turned 1, but we might start trying next cycle :eek: My BIL is getting married in Singapore in December, and I figured if we could be successful in conceiving first go (ha - wishful thinking!) then the baby would be born by then, and we could go.. but if we wait until March - I'll probably be too pregnant to travel. So we will probably start trying next month and see how we go.

Take care girls

Hi girls

Liz - how cute that he uses signs! I thought about getting the book and trying a few. In fact, I printed out the sheet they have on the internet that's kind of an intro to the book, but I haven't gotten around to buying the book! Atm Lucy is pretty good at communicating by pointing, etc, so maybe I'll give up and be slack Mum!

I feed Lucy our leftover pasta, cut up a bit so it fits on her small spoon, but if it were still in bigger pieces she'd just pick it up. She picks up what's there and shovels it into her mouth by the handful anyway... Anything that's a bit slippery takes a bit more concentration, but she gets there in the end. She even tries picking up handfuls of mushy weetbix but manages to get it everywhere in the process! Grapes and cherries are the funniest. She can now put a grape into her mouth and sits and chews on it until there's only skin, which she either spits out or swallows, but she's also taken to shoving in a second grape before the first is finished! Same with cherries, although I take the pips out first. I guess 'cause she's used to handling slippery small fruit she's not too bad with everything else.

Lucy is the same with wanting whatever I eat. And yes, I am eating much healthier as a result too! Lucy tried salmon and liked it too, but then, there isn't much Lucy won't eat.

Oooo, fingers crossed for you next cycle. It took you a while to conceive with Tallon didn't it? Here's hoping this time is completely different!! Are we thinking blue or pink thoughts, or not bothered? Sending you all of my babydust, since I have no use for it atm!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast