Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

Awww Jo, thanks I can't believe it's gone that fast!!

What day is the 8th?? lol ..ok, just checked it out, that should be fine Jo... just make sure you get in touch with me around Mon/Tues that week so I don't forget! I will set myself a reminder in my phone for early in the week too.

Jo, you will have to show us some pics of the before garden and then the work in progress and when it's done, the finished product! It's great they love it though, not enough kids play outside anymore.. I know I have a 14 year old lump...lol. Awww I LOVE the chubby arm cuddles.

Oskar had his first swim in our pool this arvo and after a little bit of a tentative start ended up cracking up laughing as he was kicking his legs around. Got a few cute pics but haven't put them on the comp yet, but will let you know when. He is a little piggy though, he ate about 170gm of food for dinner!!! Oh and then he had booby...... TWICE!! My goodness I thought he was going to pop! Forgot to tell you guys this the other day... after I'd changed his nappy I had him standing on the change table facing me so I could pull up his pants, anyway he was the right height to be basically in front of my boobs... he presses his face against me and does this growling sound and is rubbing his face in between my boobs... was soooooooo hillarious!! What a boy!! PMSL.

Hi again, wow three days in a row I can't believe it.

meat - we usually put it in her mesh bag so she can suck on it and she LOVES it. I gave her some chicken yesterday just little pieces and she ate them

yoghurt - we started off with baby yogurt but noticed there doesn't seem to be much difference - except in the price so now she just has what we have.

sandwhiches - we use white and Ari has had just vegemite no butter or just plain bread cut into squares or toast cut into fingers.

other finger food - Cherios are great esp for fine motor skills Ari can actually pick them up herself now and get them inot her mouth. pieces of banana, watermelon, kiwifruit, ripe stawberries, cooked carrot and zuchini fingers. Basically anything you can squash on the roof of your mouth as that's what they rely on - those teeth at the front are cutting teeth not chewing teeth.

Cass- my 4 1/2 yo is not a big weater to begin with and I'm not big on forcing kids to eat when they are not hungry BUT we do believe that if you tell them to eat it then they have too. We only give DS small serves and try and mix the veges up so it's not always the same ie if they are having a problem with beans then we lay off beans for a while. We have also given fruit as part of dinner just so he was getting the nutrients but it is important that they don't see this as getting their own way. We let him "wash veges down" as they make him gag. (note my DS has a few issues with food and texture he is on the autism spectrum) We used to say one of each, then 2 of each until now he must eat everything on his plate - still not a lot. Basically he must eat the few veges on his plate before he gets down of he can't get down. Yes somedays he does get upset but rules are rules and he knows it now and doesn't even bother arguing anymore. We now also have the deal that if he finishes his dinner by a set time then he can have custard. All the best with figuring out what works for you

Cass - how cute what oskar did! Ari gets this funny look in her eyes if she see's me undrressed something like "hmmmmm dinner"

Hi again!

Firstly, the pasta was in the baby food section of woolworths..it is only a new line by heinz. they also sell sauces to go with but i just made my own. They are the perfect size so they don't need to be pureed or anything.

Caro, Grace has about 3/4 cup each meal...she loves her food. Thanks for the info on the corn..it's ashame it isn't as good as other veges cause it is so so yummy!

I've tried to give grace bread and she just squished it onto the roof of her mouth and that was it so I was afraid that it would eventually come off in one big lump and she would choke on it. I have converted myself to wholemeal bread (massive white bread fan here) because I believe that it is better for you and it is lower GI, therefore I figured it was best to try Grace on that from the start but couldn't expect her to have wholemeal if i didn't (although there are some things that must remain on white bread such as fairy bread).

We also give Grace Yoplait baby yoghurt, it was recalled down here too but haven't needed to get any yet so not sure if they are still stocking it currently.

Can't help on the meat thing as haven't given grace meat yet. will try tomorrow at lunch I think, it we're organised! those jars with the meat in it look disgusting so will have to make my own.

Grace is doing so many horrid poo's today which I think is related to her teething, it is causing her bottom to be nasty red. We are packing on the sudocream and giving lots and lots of nappy off time and changing her nappy often, poor thing, Then tonight she was really hard to get to sleep which is what she did last weekend and then this first tooth popped through so maybe she is getting another one..dunno..poor thing. She is happy every other time though.

Better head off to bed, losing an hour of sleep tonight due to daylight saving starting. Take care ladies.

Hey girls!

Nothing much is happening around here - Emy is just happy being Emy, Jason is on night duty, and I am just going with the flow...

Met up with some other Brisbane BBers in a park yesterday for the first time, Jason came along too, and one of the other girls bought her hubby, and we all got along really well. Then the rain came along, really heavy and with it came big winds, so I was trying to shield Emy, and this other girl was trying to shield her 2 month old son from the weather, and it was really cold! Then the sun came back out again, and made it all hot and humid again - I wish that the weather would just decide what it was going to do!

Anyhoo, that is really all that I have done, so not much more that I can write...

Stay safe!

Ali, yay on meeting other BB girls in real life! I have been to two 'meet ups' with some of the girls from Sydney. Its nice to put faces to names. Its funny because I have an image of people on BB in my mind, and most of the people looked sooo differnt to how I had imagined!

Jo, how cute that Nic wraps his arms around your neck, trying to give you a hug! Your Fairie Garden sound gorgeous.

OMG is it daylight saving?? I forgot all about it. Will have to remind hubby.

We gave Claire some chicken the other day, mixed with some veggie. It and we bar mixed it to chop it into small bits. She ate some of it, but wasnt all that impressed with it. It probably didnt taste very nice. I think she swallowed some of it though as she did a monster poo today and OMG it was STINKY! I agree Rachel, I'm not so sure about the baby food in the jars which has meat. I think they look foul and I dont like the idea of meat in jars, lol.

DH nd I went out for dinner last night, for our anniversary. My parents came over to our plce and babysat Claire. They loved it!! Mum said Claire slept for about an hour then woke up wanting Milk and guzzled down all the milk I left her in less than a minute! Little piggy. Then she wanted more milk!

We picked up our layby at the baby shop today - a new cot & mattress and a new car seat. We already have these but we re borrowing from friends who are expecting their second bub in Feb. The seat is great and Claire looks so comfy in it. We got the guy at the shop to install it in our car and then Claire fell asleep almost as soon as we put her in the seat. It ws a bit of a hassle though as we couldnt fit the cot and the seat in at the same time, so DH loaded up the car with the cot and took it home while I walked up and down the road looking in shops, then came back for me, Claire and the seat. It was a big day! The cot is still in peices as we havent put it together yet.

Trying to finish off an assignment for TAFE.. Its quite boring so I am allowing myself to get distrcted... but I really do need to finish it as I started it in like May and its so boring so I have been putting off doing it since.

Karina, what are you studying? you keep mentioning assignments, but i must have missed it if you ever said what you are studying for...

Thanks for reminding me - I have given Emy chicken over the last couple of days - i was really lazy and just bought a BBQ chook from woolies (used the rest for kebabs for us, yum yum), and then got the breast, unskinned, chopped it, and then bar mixed it and froze it in cubes. then when i feed her i just get one cube of chicken, and mix it with one of pumpkin, and a little extra water and voila! She loves it! I was giving it to her for lunch today, and she got sooooooo cranky when i got distracted by somehting on TV... it was pretty funny really, but i had to pretend that it wasn't so that she doesn't keep doing it and expect to get a laugh!

Ali, i am studying HR at TAFE. I have been doing well (not sure why because I am soooooo bad at writing essays) but I dont really like it. I think they might be adjusting my marks because they always ask me to send in a page of writing about myself with my assignments and I usually just spend the page writing about Claire, lol, so maybe they think I am pulling all nighters to get my work done because I'm looking after Claire all day, hahaha. I only have four more assignments to do so I may as well finish it off. I'm doing an assignment about learning systems now and the reseach stuff they sent to me is so dry so I am just procrastinating. I've just applied for uni though - nursing - so I am hoping to get in however I probably wont since I did so shocking in my HSC and I've got no working experience thats even remotely related to nursing! BUT I've always wanted to study nursing so thats why I applied.

Ok girls, more feeding questions!!
    -Do you give your bubs runny mush or thick mushy food?
    -Does your baby try to steal the spoon? Claire takes the spoon and wont give it back so I always have to have a few spoons?
    -Can you freeze cooked chicken and then reheat it, or is that a no-no? if not, then how do you store home-made baby food with meat in it?
    -Do you feed your bub in a high chair? Claire really doesnt like the high chair -she just screams and pushes away and tries to get out of the chair- the only way I can get her to swallow some food is if I sit cross legged on the floor and she sits reclined leaning on the crossy bit of my legs facing away from me or looking up at me. Oh, and the TV has to be on. Its annoying, but not sure what else to do??
    -Do you offer booby/formula before a solid meal? I have been as thats what the ECHN said to do.

Anyways, I clearly have absolutely no idea about feeding my child! She still is having mostly booby.

Well, I mentioned we got our new cot the other day.. The store gave us the wrong mattress (too big) and when hubby was putting the mattress into the cot, he pushed it down but it wouldnt go. So, he then pulled the mattress back up and cracked the side bit of the cot. We had to ring the store and tell them and then hubby drove back there and swapped the mattress for the right one and got a new side bit. They were really good about it but boy did we feel silly! The cot is together again and looks really nice. Not as sturdy as the other cot but still nice. Hopefully its going to last the distance.

Yeah I do give her a spoon too. She chews on it, then takes the other spoon from me, so then she has one in each hand, lol. Ahh we'll get there one day!

Hi all, well Ari is now crusing the furniture, although her arms more much faster than her legs and she is much better at falling on her butt now without getting upset.

Karina - yes DS used to love to have his own spoon and I would just swap, so if he took mine I would say ta and take the other one and we would just keep swapping. We actually found it helped if he sort of feed himself with us guiding the spoon. ari on the otherhand just grabs the food off the spoon - which as you can imagine is v. messy.
    yes we feed mainly in the high chair but sometimes she just sits alone on a blanket or in her bouncer
    I don't always offer BM before a feed but it generally works out that way as she has a feed when she wakes up and then about 30min later she will have solids but if she hasn't asked for a feed and it is m' tea or lunch time I will just give her the solids first and she will generally have a BF after.

Ali - so jealous I would love to meet up with some other bb members. We will have to have a brisbane march babies bb meet up next time we come down!

hey rachel - how's daylight saving going? i used to hate in Mt Isa the fact that is was still daylight at 8pm - so hard to get DS bathed and into bed when it was still daytime outside and so hard to get up in the dark! 9he was an early riser 6am min) Hope grace is feeling better.

caro - how's the new house, have you settled in?
    Jo - the fairy garden sounds beautiful, hope it's going well.

Better go it's kindy gym day today and I have half a dozen nappy deliveries to organise today!
    keep well

Sarah... PMSL @ hmmm dinner from Ari... Oskar gets the mouth open before I'm ready a lot of the time!! Is Ari still sleeping better for you hun?

Karina, I do whatever with feeding... what I mean by that is.. morning first feed is BF then he'll go back to sleep for half to an hour then I'll offer him solids however, he's not overly interested in the morning. Then I BF once or twice before lunch (I just automatically do this if he's a bit grizzly in case he's thirsty) and sometimes I'll offer him solids if he seems to be "that" way... just the way he acts. Otherwise he is BF for the most part of the day and has a HUGE solids feed around 4:30 which is vegies and he can't get enough of them so I'm thinking of trying vegies at lunch as well to see if he'll have a bit more in the way of solids. Yes he at times tries to steal the spoon. Feed mostly in high chair, sometimes sitting on a normal chair facing me with me having a leg either side so he can't fall off.

Rachel, I bought that pasta the other day but haven't tried it yet.

I gave Oskar a bit of mince last night but it went down the wrong way and while he was doing that gaggy thing they do well.... blurgh... up it all came... GROSS!! lol. I'm so afraid of him choking that I'm finding it hard to give him other things cos he doesn't seem to get the "chewing" concept yet. I can give him tiny bits of bread from wraps (like pita type bread) and he'll eat that but I think he's kinda really just swallowing it. Oh well, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. Must be off he's woken up from his nap.

Karina - izzy is kinda on the thich mushy food. she is doing really well! She sits in her bumbo chair mostly then other times in the high chair, she likes both. we do a bit of both with the feeding. in the morning she'l have booby first then breaky, then morning tea then formula, then lunch (booby or formula) then afternoon tea formula dinner and booby... it's the way she has worked it out. she wont take formula or booby before hand...

I'm down to formula during the day now and booby only in the morning and at night. slowly weining her. I've done 7 months of breastfeeding, and shes now reallly really chewing down on the boob it hurts! and she loves formula in a cup~ so im happy that shes not going to a bottle. . . straight from booby to cup.

we go to townsville tomorrow, for a week. then when we get back we're at swimming lessons 2ce a week! so that should be fun. her dad can do the thursdays and i'll do the fridays!

I can't remember what everyone else said sorry! talk later! have a good week! see you on the flip side!

Hey Sarah! A meet-up when you come down would be good! When do you reckon you will be coming this way?

Emy has for her food (always in highchair if at home or mum's, but in bumbo or pram if we are out):

Wake up - breastfeed
    1/2 hour later - farax cereal with fruit

mid-morning - breastfeed

lunch - formula
    1/2 hour later - yoghurt or mashed vegies (1-2 big cubes)

mid-afternoon - formula

dinner - vegies, with maybe some chicken
    1/2 hour-hour later (depends on how tired she is) - formula and bed

sometimes she might have a rusk, or if we have forgotten to buy some, a jatz in the afternoon to gum on. Such a messy affair!

The poor thing has gotten the worst cold off her cousin - I think that I have used about a million tissues on her, and the snot sucker has gotten a good work-out today, and her eyes are all blood-shot and puffy. I finally had enough of it, and reckoned that if she felt anything like I do when I have a bad cold,then something must be done, and decided to go to the pharmacy to see if I could give her anything, and came home with some Demazin. I was soooooo happy to be able to give her something to help dry her up a bit. I hope that she wakes up tomorrow all better... I hate seeing her sick...

Love to all!

xxooxx

Hey!

Grace always sits in her high chair if we are at home. If we are out she either sits in her pram or on my lap.

Breastfeed when she wakes up, usually around 7am.

About and hour later Farex and fruit - she loves this and eats heaps.

3 hours after breakfast, usually around 11am, she has breast/formula feed.

About an hour later lunch..

3 hours after, usually around 3pm, breast/formula feed.

3 hours later. formula feed, vegies, bed.

Grace has pretty much set this routine. Cass, it sounds like we are doing very similar things with BFing, Grace has been weaning herself and now pretty much only takes the BF first thing in the morning or if she wants comfort.

lol Cass, Grace did the same thing the other night, she gagged on her water after dinner and up came all of her dinner...had to change her it went everywhere

I gave Grace a spoon to play with while i fed her and it was all going well but i did it another time and she was munching on it so i pulled it out to give her the spoon with food on it and she absolutely cracked the poos and wouldn't have a bar of me again, DH had to take over feeding! I don't give her spoons again at the moment, lol.

We still only have 1 tooth, but last night she was horrible waking up at all hours, and crying in discomfort and bonjella seems to help for a short time anyway. Poor thing, i wish i could make it pass painlessly!

Anyway, off to bed in case we have another bad one. Good night.

Ali - not for a while as everyone is coming up here over xmas for a change so probably not until march-may next year :-( Have to come down to get some use out of our winter clothes. Hope her cold gets better soon *hugs*

Rachel - hope the teething settles soon. If I remember correctly it gets easier after the first couple and then they get the big ones at the back which are really bad, but it does get easier in between.

Off to a friends house for coffee tomorrow can't wait!

PS - did you guys know about the secret santa, I only just found it but your entries have to be in by tomorrow!

Hey Sarah - Sorry i didn't get your message untill now. I go home on Tuesday, and have the weekend booked with sightseeing~! but we are back from 25/12 to 8/1 - if u'd like to catch up then.

Caro i use the tommie tippie cups.. with silicon sprout thingy.

Hi All,
    Nice to see everyones doing well.
    I must admit Em and i are a bit wrong when it comes to soids and milk,
    Usually at 6.30am, Wake up - bottle
    10 - 10.30am - farex with fruit - and sometimes toast with vegemite
    11am bottle
    1.30 - 2pm lunch - vegies, yoghurt (whatevers on my menu for the day!) if out - jar
    5.30 - 6pm - tea - vegies, sometimes chicken or fish as well.
    8.30pm - bottle - bed.

Doing it this way is the only way i can get it all into her - otherwise she'd only eat or have bottles.

All Emilys food is just mashed with a potato masher, except the fish and chicken - this i give to her as small (her) mouthful amounts.
    She has just started getting up on her hands and knees and rocking, just hasnt got the hands and knees moving thing yet! Still no teeth for us.

Hi girls, just dropping in quickly - good to hear about your routines, makes me feel like at least I must be doing something right if it's kind of like all of yours!

5 am: Wakes, booby, then breakfast of mashed banana and farex

7:45 Goes to sleep till about 9:45 or 10

10:30 bottle (formula)

11:30 lunch: pumpkin or sweet potato, with rice. Not keen on the rice but apparently lumpy foods are supposed to be important for speech development? Manages to keep it down, though! Finish off with booby.

12ish another sleep

3:30: booby, plus bottle (doesn't get much from me, by now).

5ish: dinner (apple/pear, potato) - I'll be introducing some new stuff in soon, different vegies and some pulses.

Then bath and bed!

S doesn't feed at night at all, now. Last couple of nights he's been wonderful, going to bed around 6:30 - 7 and going to sleep straight away, not waking up at all during the night (or if he does, just pop the dummy back in and rewrap and he's back to sleep again). It's been great! But of course tonight it's already ten past eight and he's refusing to sleep! I've given him bonjella as I think he's getting more tooth pain - lots of drooling and chewing. I'll just try and settle him a bit in his bouncer and if he doesn't sleep in the next half hour I'll give him some dymadon, should do the trick.

We just bought a house!! Not sure if we'll manage to settle before Christmas, although it would be nice to get in and have it in the new place, but if not it will be early Jan. I can't wait to not be renting!! And I'm looking forward to S having his OWN ROOM. It's time, it really is. Especially when he wakes up at 3:30 and decides it's time to get up and lies awake in his cot and just goes "Ahhhhh.... Ahhhhh...." It's not something you can sleep through when your head is right next to his!!

Anyway, I think it's time for the paracetemol to do its magic! Somebody is NOT happy :I

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast