Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #11

Hi! Well..I have officially returned to work...I did 3 days this week. It wasn't really 'work' cause I was doing a 3 day return to work program to make sure we are up to date with all the changes and safe to practice so that we don't kill anyone, lol. It was nice to be doing something different...I missed Grace like mad but it was fantastic when I got home and she was so excited to see me. It was absolutely so tiring though..but i think that was from getting up at 5.30am 3 days in a row and having to drive for up to 2hours each way becasue it was so far away!

Thanks for your condolonces.

Karina...oh wow...that mum sounds like a dope, she needs to get over herself. She would have a conniption if she came to our mum's group (yep, still catch up every week...3 are now actually pregnant again! We get on really well though and there isn't any competitiveness...we actually learn from everyone else). The kids are always eating and drinking from everyone else's cups..one kid may eat a biscuit, get bored with it and put it down so someone else will come along and have a go, it's a cracker! Lots of dummy sharing too, lol. Great for the immune system! Well done on getting into nursing, it's hard work but it's worth it. I hope you get your work stuff sorted soon, so not a stress that you need.\

Mel...congrats on the job.

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone is doing well (it certainly sounds that way). Was online looking up first birthday party ideas. We are thinking of just a BBQ for friends and family...with some baby friendly foods and of course fairy bread and chocolate crackles. Not your typical birthday party but Grace is too young to know so it really is a party for us adults. I better get a wiggle on though as it is coming around rather quickly. Have a great weekend!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Hey Mel, congrats on the new job! I work at a Caltex servo, so I understand how good it is to be able to work the night shifts, then you get all day with bub!

Karina, that mother sounds like a total cow, I hate how some mothers are so panicky they won't let their kids out of site for fear that they may touch something icky. They need to build immunity somehow! But thats just my whinge (hope I haven't offended anyone btw)

Just had a really busy week with work doing 8 days straight. absolutely tiring! Kailee had her first day back at swimming for the year on Thursday and during summer the roof was blown off the pool so I got extremely burnt making sure Kailee was out of the sun!

Rachel, we are doing the same sort of thing for Kailee's birthday. We had a bbq after she was born as her welcome to the world party since I wasn't christening her. But I am going to have a bit of trouble with the menu, I have 2 vegetarians coming and I thought of just throwing snags on the bbq and having some finger food, but thinking now might have to make some vegie burger type things to cater for them. Anyone else got any ideas?

Well miss bliss has woken so better go get her fed.

Hi all still alive - very busy! work is good (although it is work) Just so tired! Hubby is on holidays now (getting the snip soon so dealing with all the emotional stuff from that)

Ari is good - refuses to crawl now it's walking or a tanty. Daycare is getting better although she still isn't drinking bottles any ideas?

Karina - that woman sounds horrible! We are only just getting our mums group up and running regualry now - Ari and the other bubs share cups and food all the time but I am lucky as it is a mums group of mums who have older children (we didn't feel welcome at the other mothers groups :-) so I guess we are a little more relaxed :-)

Sarah, good to hear that work is ok and Ari is settling into Daycare. Not sure about the bottles sorry. Are you expressing milk or is she getting formula? Have you tried other types of bottles? We had one particular type (cant remember the brand) which we were given but Claire wouldnt drink from it at all, but she'll drink from an Avent bottle.

Rachel, thats good you had those 3 days to catch up for work. When do you start back properly?

Richelle, the vegie patty things sound like a good idea, and you can buy them too in case youre feeling too lazy/not enough time to make them from scratch. Maybe also a salad or something.

Ok now I dont feel so bad about thinking the comment about the cup from the other mum was so strange. I was confused and at the time I was thinking I must have missed something! I'm not too worried about it. I mean I would be a bit worried if the other child was sick with something Claire could catch, but if that was the case then the other child shouldnt have been at mothers group anyway. Ah well, I'm over it now!

I've been wantng to go out for a few days now (just for a walk) but its been pouring since thursday and I dont like walking in the rain. So Claire and I have been staying indoors for the last few days. I think she is starting to go a bit crazy from not being able to go outside and play on the grass.

Just a quick question too though - How much are you bubs sleeping during the day? Claire sleeps about 1.5 - 2 hours in the morning from about 9:30am, and then the same again in the afternoon from about 2 or 3 pm. She sleeps at night from around 9pm to 6 or 7 am. Does that sound like enough? I thought it was enough but someone told me she should be sleeping more during the day??? What do you think?

Karina, sounds fine to me!! Oskar sleeps around the same as Claire in the morning but less in the arvo. Similar at night to Claire. Yeah that cup thing was a bit over the top I thought.

hmmmm I can't remember what I've read. My brain is not with it. I have a cold and not impressed about it!! lol. Not that I can do much to change this fact, but not impressed all the same. I am however very impressed about Kath and Kim being back on...WOOHOO!! Ahhhh bring back the good shows and Grey's again this Sunday.... oh I'm hanging out! ok so now you've all giggled at me I gotta go cos Oskar is very busily rearranging my house...lol. Ciao bellas!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Karina, I think thats enough sleep, I was worried Kailee is sleeping too much so that puts me at ease a bit!
    We just had our first bout of serious constipation, poor little mite. Thankfully it only lasted 2 days, don't think I could have handled all the crying for much more than that.
    Better get to bed. Early day tomorrow.

Hi!

Karina...that sounds like enough to me.. Grace is similar in the morning, usually an hour to an hour and a half in the afternoon and she sleeps from 7pm to 7am at night (although she has been waking up at 6am since i've been back at work...grrrr). I start back for real this week..Wednesday....should be good. It is really good that they do the ease back into it thing..i needed it just to build up my confidence again.

Richelle...I wouldn't think that you would have to cater specifically for vegetarians would you? We have 2 in our mum's group, we jsut make sure we have meat free salads and stuff and bread...could you just serve things like a pasta salad and potato salad and green salad and bread..that should keep them happy..most vegetarians don't expect specific catering (or get them to bring their own vegetarian burgers). Up to you.

Sarah..no idea on the bottles sorry. Glad your new mum's group seems to be working out.

Going to view the professionals photo's tomorrow that we got taken 2 weeks ago (the competition i won from here actually). Looking forward to it. Hope they are good although hope they aren't too good cause I can't afford to buy too many! lol.

Grace is good, although she has started this new sulking thing where she sits herself up, legs out in front, hangs her head and sulks, she looks really sad! I don't like it, lol. Other than that she is really working on her walking, still not eager to let go though. It will come.

Hope everyone is well. Take care.

Hey

Karina - Hmm, i think Izzy might be sleeping to much, her sleeping habits have changed since locky went to school because she use to sleep right through 9 and 3 oclock so we had to stop that! She sleeps after we take lockly to school will generally get back 9.15/9.30 and she'll sleep through till 12 sometimes 1. She'll then go to sleep after we pick locky up at 3.15 for an hour an half. Then goes to bed at 7.30 till 7.00. . . Is that to much?

Cass - Hope you fell better soon! I'm so excited about greys I cant wait! I just wish the writers strike will end so we get more eposides!

Richelle - I'm with racheal - Just provide lots of salads They shouldnt go hungry!

Rachel - That sounds so cute!

Well Izzy has learnt the backchatting really well! When i tell her no (her favourite thing to do is play with the dvd's) I will tell her no straight away and her bottem lip goes and she says yea, And this morning she was actually screamin it at me putting her little hands into fist it looked sooo cute my first big tantrum and i had to make sure i didn't laught! But have no idea how to stop that - and i think its going to get worst already learnt backchatting at 10months!!!

izzy stood up yesterday all by her self she was holding on to the shelfs and then let go and lasted untill i went ohhhhhh wow good girl! then she dropped hehe! Oppz!

Anyways i better go.

Later

Morning All,
    I feel so guilty today, I started my new job Yesterday, I had induction all day, and had to take Cooper to my sisters to be looked after and he screamed all day, I went to pick hime up and he wouldnt let me put him down even when I was taking his stuff to the car. Today he wont let me out of his sight, my freind is saying is my fault as I have babied him to much but he is my baby, I just feel so bad that he was upset, I also have to work tommorow all day for instore trainning but hubby is going to calll in sick and stay home with him because I wont send him to anyone now. Is it right to feel like this or should I JUST GET OVER IT as my freind says.

Aww Mel, I think its totally normal to feel how you are feeling. I guesss its just the change in routine for him, he's not used to you not being there with him all day. Hope he is ok tomorrow with his daddy. Good luck with your training.

Cass, I'm not sure if thats too much sleep. If Claire is sleeping a long time during the day and I think she has had enough sleep, I go and wake her up gently, then she is full of beans and wants to play. I was told by someone that babies grow while they are asleep... so I guess is Izzy is eating well, developing, growing, learning etc it would be ok? I dont know though!

Rachel, how did the photos come out? I LOVE photos.

Richelle, i hope Kailee is feeling ok now!

My friends had a baby boy this morning. She had a caesarian and I think she was rather nervous/anxious about it (it was a planned caesarian after her previous birth experience was quite yukky, so there was the whole build-up to it and everything), so I hope she is feeling ok and it wasnt too scary for her.

And it rained all day here again. How boring! Claire must be so bored of being inside all day with me! My house is not very interesting.

Hope all are well!

Hi!

Mel...it is hard isn't it. I don't think you should feel guilty at all. He just needs to get used to this change. My MCHN said it can take a few days of this for them to get used to it and then they will be fine. I am lucky that Grace is staying with my DH when I am at work so we haven't had a problem. But please don't beat yourself up, he just needs to get used to it...and he will, for sure!

Karina..the photo's were absolutely amazing!!! It was so hard to pick which ones to get. I went in thinking I would get my free one, plus another one that had $100 off...so it would only cost us $35, I think I was delusional! lol. They were so good, we managed to narrow it down to 13 (he gave us 2 for free, $100 off that I won and the binding etc for free). It is an absolutely insane amount of money (absolutely insane) but we figure that they are a memory forever and ever that we will never ever get back so we are happy with that (will be much happier when we have paid them off!). Wonderful! Also, I thought with the photo's of me it wouldn't be a matter of picking which one i liked, as i don't generally like photo's of myself, I thought it would be a matter of picking one i hated the least...well....there were 3 photo's of just Grace and me that I loved! Amazing! Very happy (apart from being a bit poorer! lukcy i've gone back to work).

Cass...PMSL at Izzy's back chatting. How cheeky are they! I wouldn't worry about her sleeping, as long as she is happy in between and sleeping overnight, she knows when to sleep. Yay on standing on her own.

Well had another day at work today, this time actually out and about treating patients (with a bit of help still). It is amazing how quickly it all comes back! Another day tomorrow, better get sorted and head to bed. Goodnight!

Rachel, yay on the photos being so lovely! And how cool tht you won a competition. We were the same with our wedding photos. We were just going to get some small album with just a few but then we couldnt choose just a few and ended up getting a humungous album which cost an absolute fortune and we were paying it off for ages. I'm such a sucker for nice photos!

Anyhoo, Claire is getting very clever now. Today, she was playing with an empty nugget box from McDonalds. She found a lid from a baby food jar and was putting the lid inside the box then closing the box. Then she'd shake the box and the lid would rattle inside the box, so she'd open the box and take the lid out. She'd examine the lid, then put it back in the box. She did this for about half an hour tonight. She seemed to be so engrossed in it. Earlier today, she was playing with her blocks. She can sort of stack them now - 3 blocks high then she knocks them down. She also likes to put her blocks inside each other, then tip them all out on the floor. I think she is going to be getting more blocks, or Duplo or something for her birthday.

Tonight, Dh and I went out to see some friends of ours who have just had a baby boy. Honestly, I dont remember Claire being so tiny! Even her head is massive compared to their newborns head. I know that she was that tiny once, well actually smaller by 5cm and 600g when she was born, but it seems like a million years ago that she was a newborn. Now she is a big boofa. It was great to see our friends really happy too. Seeing a newborn and being in a maternity ward brought back all this emotional crap I didnt know I still had in the back of my brain. Every now and then I go still back to my labour, birth experience and those first few days after Claire was born and it makes me cry because of how I felt so unsupported and ignored. I sooooo want to have another baby but need to get over it first, and the fact that I'm still not over it all almost a year later just makes me feel so pathetic. I'm worried that if we do have another baby I'll just be such a mess for my entire pregnancy and I dont want that.
    Sorry for my whinge.

Hope everyone is going well and no one got flooded with all that rain.
    Last edited by Karina; February 6th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.

Hi Everybody!!!

Karina - I can't believe that Claire entertained herself for that long with a box and lid! YAY!!! Emy hasn't quite mastered the art of putting things into other things - she just likes to tip everything out!

Sarah - sorry to hear about the bottles....have you tried her with them at home? We started trying to give Emy a bottle at about 4 1/2 months, knowing that I would have to go back to work at 6 1/2 months, and we wanted to give ourselves heaps of time to get used to it. It was a very long and drawn out process, and there was a lot of tears and stress - and a lot of different teats! We tried Avent, the pigeon peristaltic, and the normal old cheapie ones, and had no luck. Does Ari use a dummy? Emy has always LOVED dummy's (she is a huge sucker!) and we have only used the orthodontic ones, so she hated the feel of a normal bottle teat in her mouth, and wouldn't even attempt to suck on them. However, once we found some orthodontic teats, the same shape as the dummy, she took to the bottle quite happily. I'm don't think all brands make them, and we use Pur ones, and just stick them in the bottles we already had - and they come in both the normal neck and wide neck sizes. Hope that this helps you?

Well, Emy is no longer a crawler - I can't believe how fast the walking thing happened! It wasn't all that long ago that she took her first step! She has now also taught herself how to stand up again once she has falllen down - no more crawling to find something to pull herself up on either! She tricky little monkey though - our house has a corridor down the middle of it, and has a linen cupboard built in it, with 3 sliding doors, and the middle door sits in front of the other 2 - Emy has learnt to open the middle door, and get into everything that is in the cupboard. I spend all day chasing after her now!

And she is driving my mum insane on the days that she looks after her while I am at work - she doesn't stop babbling!!!! She only says mumumumum, and dadadadadadad, and everything else is Emy talk, but she doesn't stop! And then there is the random squealling! Mum is waiting for the day that I tell her to just shut up, and eat her lunch. Apparently when I was little, I just talked non-stop, and it never really bothered Mum until one day, where i REALLY didn't stop talking, so mum gave me my lunch early to try and get some peace, and I took a bit of my sandwich, and started yabbering again, and Mum yelled at me to stop talking and eat mym lunch, and the next door neighbour (that she never ever saw - except that day!) was in their yard next to the fence outside the open sliding door - and heard mum going off at me! Mum was soooooooooooooo embarrassed! But I suppose we all have days like that ahead of us!

Anyway, thats about it from me - hopefully next time I will have some good news for you all - we are currently trying to buy a house!

Hope you are all good!

Love Ali!

Hey everyone - Hows the weather were you are all holding up we are having some awesome rain and storms! But i have to say it is raining at the wrong time usually starts in the morning untill 9.30 (after we have taken locky to school) Then afternoon storms will be right on 3 and we end up getting drenched!

Locky turns 5 today! I feel quite old only 21 with a 5yo~ lol! He was so excited this morning he was up at 6! And cheeky little bugger had already checked underneath our bed to see how many presents there were! We took cupcakes to school with him this morning and sung happy birthday with his class - His class is soo cute hehe! all so little!

Starting the pill today - So no more babies untill 2010 ( thats what we have planned anyways) But i'm kinda disappointed as we havent been using protection for the past 7 months at all and this month we tried as a last month trying session before the pill (our compromise for tim having another after he turns 30 we tried now if it didnt happen we'll wait but if it did we were pleased) and nothing - so when they came this morning it was kinda a downer. With Izzy i feel within the month (the month after the doctors told me i couldnt have children) and now using no protection, not really trying we cant it makes me think that maybe my problem with my uterus is more of a problem after izzy then what is was before. if that makes any sense?

Thanks girls shes happy and developing well so i'll just let her sleep _ she seems to be growing way to fast lately tho! hehe might have to stop it soon so she doesnt grow anymore lol! Joking!

I better be off gotta back and decorate a cake

Ali - emy sounds soooo cute! you got your hands full hehe!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOCKY

Thank you melham!!! He had a great birthday!

I'm Glad Locky had a gr8t day Cass. They just grow so quickly. I have been working so many hours this week I'm beginning to think I made a mistake going back, I miss Cooper so much. He really has his own little personality now, and is Stubborn like his dad, and has everyone round his little finger. I took the kids to the park yesterday and he had a ball, exhausted him aswell, came home had a sandwhich and slept for about 2hrs which was good. (I had a sleep too). He is refusing any baby food as well, has to have weetbix or toast for brekky, a bannana and biscut for morning tea, a sandwhich for lunch and whatever we have for dinner, is also eating yougurts, ect so thats good. Any way better go the older kids are fighting.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast