Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #11

Sarah, sounds like the party was successful! Where did you get the fold out sofa from? Some friends of ours have one for their boy and Claire loves it so I want to get her one. Seen them in Target a while back, but they werent there when I last checked!

Kajolo, I've bought a few peek a block things from ebay also. All in great condition and a fraction of the price. I bought a peek a block elephant for $2.25 on ebay, and then I saw the same thing in a shop recently for $30!

Well today was my first day back at work. I got given a seat away from everyone else in my dept so I am such a loner. They have also pretty much turned me into their receptionist which I suspected they would as I heard about it on the grapevine just before I went on maternity leave. First day was ok. I didnt do much (as normal for a first day) - just a tour, then I sat with the big bosses EA for ages, got a photo taken for my id tag, chatted to random people, and stapled a bunch of paper. I walked around for a really long time looking for an ATM so I could buy my ferry ticket (cos I buy ten tickets at one to save a bucketload of money! $32 instead of $52). I;d have thought it would be be easier to find an ATM in the middle of the city though! Anyway, I hated being away from Claire for so long. I missed her so much. She was really really clingly all day at daycare and didnt want to be put down or left alone. She didnt eat much (only a banana, a biscuit and some EBM all day), and only had 2 short power naps. I feel bad about leaving her there again tomorrow, but will ring during the day to see how she is going.

Sarah... I meant to send you a msg on Sunday... so a belated happy birthday to that little princess of yours Ari!!

Happy birthday today to Kailee!

Karina, if you are talking about the flip out lounge things, I got Oskar's from K Mart. They have 3 different ones up here. There's the usual ones with the thinner material but have like sesame street etc. Then I came across some new ones which are a much better and stronger material. They have a flip out one without a sleeping bag and one with a sleeping bag. The one with the sleeping bag is the one I got for Oskar and is actually a big larger than the other two (the smaller ones can fit inside the larger one).

Man, I can't believe this. It's just gone way too fast and I think it's what is contributing to me feeling teary the past few days. I keep on reflecting back on what I was doing, how I was feeling and then finally holding my tiny little bubba boy. *sigh* such a beautiful moment. A whole year!

Hi to everyone and welcome kajolo

Thanks Cass! Will have to work out if theres a Kmart nearby and have a look for the fold out sofa thingy there. aawww I know what you mean about all the reflecting. I was feeling the same last week. But now I'm all teary cause I am back at work and hate it.

I am SO tired. Claire decided to be awake from 1am to 4 am. Yay. NOT. So I was a total zombie today and DH has gone out to do the grocery shopping, but left CLaire here with me. WTF?? Why didnt he take her too so I could have a nap!

Karina - bummer about the first day back at work - hope it gets better! We got Ari's sofa from Toy's R us - she loves it. SHe takes her baby doll over to it and pretends to feed them - so cute

Ozzy - how are you going! Know what you mean about feeling teary :-)

Richelle - oh ho on the naughty words and wow on the kangaroo encounter! i would have been the same

I'm terribly sorry i fogot to say a huge Happy Birthday tooo...
    Sebastian, Claire, Ariya, Kailee

I hope you all had a fantastic birthday!!!

Wee definitly some reflecting going on to day. This time last year my contractions started!!! And didn't let up for 2 days (untill 'Blob' was out!) I know what you mean Cass i've been having such teary moments! My little girl is one, shes crawling and talking, feeds herself, Not so much my little girl

We went and brought her presents yesterday (got them of layby) Shes getting "Vtech, sit to stand, dancing power" and "vtech Vsmile infant development system" And Designer girl motorised 4wheeler...

And my mum is getting her her first doll...

Oh and we have made her a dvd! It's very cool it has all her pictures in it right from her first profile pic to all my belly pics right up untill yesterday... We have the pics scrolling through with music... Music is beautiful in my eyes - joshua kadison, butterfly kisses and you must of been an angel by bob carlsisle, when i see you smile by bad english. we finished the dvd last night, and is going to play it for everyone to see at her party! I hope everyone likes it! It took us ages to do!

Ok i really must be off! Gotta mop the floors...

Hi everyone, thought id better quickly pop in and say a very special HAPPY BIRTHAY to Claire, Ariya, Kailee and Sebastian!!!
    Wow how fast the time goes. Today was my due date, little did i know the little monkey wouldnt come for another 10 days!!
    Our babies arent babies now, they're little big people!
    Its been a while since ive been in here and i cant really remember what everyones written, but hope everyones well.

Cass, your dvd sounds really good (great idea), something she can always have and look back on (and you!) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY for izzy on Monday!!

and "hi" Kajolo.

Just popping in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAYto all the march babies I have missed.

have not popped on much been busy at work and trying to organise my house, looks like a bomb has gone off lately, and cooper wont let me get anything done. We have decided to have a thomas party for him and wed have got him a huge big thomas pop up tent is 5ft high takes up the whiole lounge so has been moved downstairs...my family are all putting together and getting him one of those little tikes coupe cars, he is also getting a thomas dvd and another wiggles ones, a little bike I laybed on sale at Kmart reduced from $70 to $25 and we are looking for a second hand outdoor playgym thing. anyway must go get ready for work.

OMG Cass that sounds beautiful I can't believe you chose those songs... they are some of my favourites! I LOVE Joshua Kadison and Bob Carlisle and have those on CD.

I've just printed off the pics I'm using to do a canvas thing for Oskar's party... it's going to have Happy 1st Birthday along the top... then pics under that and then Oskar under the pics... now originally I was only going to have 2 pics, 1 from the day he was born and 1 on the day he turns one... then I thought I'd have 3 and have one from 6 months old, then I rethought it AGAIN and have now decided that there will be 13 pics. One from the day he was born, one on his 1st birthday and then 1 from each month between. The background of the canvas will be painted (like the one I did for the hands and feet if anyone remembers.. it is in pics anyway)... and everyone will be able to write a little message on it under his pics when they come to his party. It's around 80 or 90cm wide and around 70cm high, so rather large. Anyway, that's my thing I'm doing..lol.

Must be off, sorry for lack of personals but the boy just woke up and I must get food apparently...lol.

Hello everyone! It has been a long time, I apologise for being AWOL, but I seem to be even busier now days, especially since going back to work. Obvioulsy becasue it has been so long I have absolutely no hope of doing personals, lol. Sounds like everyone is doing really well, although Cass I am sorry to hear about your nephew, how devastating. Oh, and Sarah thank you so much for remembering Grace's birthday.

Speaking of which, her birthday was last Saturday..it's still inbelievable that my little girl is 1 year old, I still remember last year when she was born like it was yesterday (although admitidly don't remember the intensity of the pain which is probably a good thing). We had a massive birthday party for Grace, won't be doing it again, lol..We had 50 people (family and friends) for a BBQ. It was really good, very busy but good. I am still choc crackled and cupcaked out though. Grace was one very spoilt little girl...we told most people that she didn't need toys cause she got heaps for christmas, so clothes were on the menu...OMG, I wish i started every season with a new wardrobe!lol. Anyways, it was a great day but very glad it is over. I made her a cake (i will get around to putting a photo up), it was a lady bug cake...but it was a number 1 cake with vines piped onto it and ladybugs stuck on...it took me ages to ice but i am very happy with how it came out and i got lots of positive comments (tasted yummy too), thank goodness only have to do that once a year lol. I am glad i made the cake though....nice sense of achievement. It was yummy too!

Poor Grace has been unwell the last couple of days...gastro i think..lasted 3 days, poor thing. She really wasn't herself, very cuddly and clingy, fell asleep on my shoulder after her morning bottle which she never ever does...it was nice her sleeping on my shoulder but it was sad cause I knew she felt terrible. Anyway, she is pretty much back to herself now, still not eating properly but it usually takes a few days to get appetite back, but she is her cheeky outgoing self again, which is nice.

She has 4 teeth now....bottom front two and top front two...she can walk 2 metres on her own and can stand independently...she has a trolley that she uses to walk around everywhere else...she can run with it, get around corners pretty much get wherever she wants, she is very fast...she is very facially expressive which is very funny to watch...talks alot i just wish I knew what she said!...she can now drink from a straw and a cup although when she has a cup, she drinks well from it but then tosses it away once finished which is a bit messy...she usually eats really well..i call her a seagull cause if I'm out (especially at mum's group) and other people are eating she will jump from person to person scabbing food from them! She is just amazing, I can't believe how much she has grown up in the last year...and what an amazing outgoing personality she is developing, amazing.

I am back at work 2 days a week, it's really nice to get back to that part of my life but I do miss Grace like mad (but also like the break at the same time). She is staying with DH while I'm at work so that means I have no worries with leaving her. I really value my time off with her now..not that i didn't before, I am just aware that I'm not here everyday now so i need to make most of the time that I am, I have a general rule that we have to spend at least one day at home, no going out quality time for us...just never seem to get any time to ourselves! Although I got a few days this week with her being sick!

Everything is great, life is great, we are great, she is great..just need to lose the weight and everything would be perfect lol!

Hope everyone else is great...Happy Birthday to all the March Bubbies...and well done to all us mums...we have done a great job in the last year, and we have all slipped into it well. Well done mummy's. Take care, keep up the good work. See ya.xx

Happy Birthday Grace!!! I'm sorry i left you out . . . Sounds like you had agreat birthday you are growing so fast, our March babies are!!! Stop growing i can't keep up lol!

Thanks Cass, I love the dvd, i've watched it so many times! Just finished the final touches today! I love those songs! They may be old but my mum always said i was an Old sole lol! your idea sounds really good~! Which made me think a little and now i'm getting some scrap book paper and getting poeple to write on that at her party so she will have something else to look back on!

Cooper is going to love his car! Thats going to be cool!

Izzy says thank you shell! (hehe)

Well we can't decide what cake to make, we have three choices, number one, bunny rabbit or a photo square. hmmm choices choices...

I'm gonna have a little rant and say how unhappy i am with some of my family that cant be bothered to come to Izzy's first Birthday, everyone had ample amount of time to organise for it! I gave them 2 months in advance! And i have to say im terribly dissapointed in my family only 1 aunt and 1 uncle can make it! Out of 3great grand parents, 3 grand parents, 7 aunts and uncles. I'm getting quiet upset with each 'no' i here. But the one that annoys me the most is my nan, she lives 5mins away, her excuse is i should of known it was her birthday and she is going out to lunch! lIke the party is at 11, i wouldn't mind if she comes for an hour and then goes to lunch but to just dismiss it really has upset us!
    The only one i forgive is my mum who lives 14 hours away, but my brother is comming down in there place so thats okay... Aghhhhhhhhhh Family!

All of Tim's family even his sister who just lost a baby said they will all be there definitly!!!

Im not a happy chappy!

Anyways my lunch just arrived! Better go!!!

Wahooo this time last year i was definitly in Labour and in a lot of Pain!!! OUch!!!!!!!!!!! But still only 1cm dilated!!! heheh!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY IZZABELLA!!!!

Happy Birthday Izzy, hope you had a very special day.

Thanks Cass, we had a great day..I am amazed you remembered as much as you did, lol. very impressed.

richelle_84_2004 Guest

argh I have been offline for a week and have no idea what I just read so I will be slack.... Happy Birthday to all the beautiful boys and girls! Happy memories to all the mummy's!
    I hope that all the parties have or will go off without too many dramas.
    Cass sorry to hear about your family all ditching, it seems like some people don't think 1st birthdays are too important!
    Kailee's party went great, I was up till 3am the night before stressing that I wasn't ready and come party start time of 1pm I was organised and got to sit and enjoy. My biggest stress was the cake fell apart in the tin, so a last minute repair job and it kind of looked alright!
    ok best be getting to bed, playgroup day tomorrow

Thanks all! Izzy had a wonderful day! Although she was so buggered~

I had a great time remewmbering Izzys birth i was like - ohhh wow my waters got broken now, (at 4.30) Woke my p up just to tell him... Then all during the day almost there, ouch, push aghh! i was such a dag lol! so funny.

WE went out for lunch with my dad, nan and pop which was nice. Then came homw picked up dad and boys and got to open her presents and have a play! There is a whole heap of photos in photobucket... Feel free to have a look...

Does anyone have Facebook? If you do add me - my name is Cassie Logan and i think my profile pic is me and izzy...

Just wanted to 'pop' in and say that EMILY"S NOW WALKING!! YAY!!
    She's such a clever little girl.

Hi All,

Just popping in to Wish happy birthday to all the March bubs.

You probably dont know me, but my dd is turning 1 on April 1st. I just wanted to see how you all went with the 12 month needles. Dont know why but am a little more worried about these ones...probably coz she understands more.

Cheers

Melissa

Hi Melissa! We havent had our 12 month needles... will post again on the results!

Shell, woohoo go Emily!! Claires just started walking too. Its so cute to watch!

Well I have been working this week and last week - just three days a week - and its going alright so far. The workplace is a million times more disorganised than it was before I went on maternity leave. Simple things like not ordering our letterhead paper when we asked for it, so now we cant print out anything (as EVERYTHING needs to go on letterhead - some stupid legal requirement.) But its ok - better than I thought it would be. I do miss Claire during the day, but I am pretty sure she enjoys going to day care. The family day care mum tells me that Claire loves walking all over the place and spends half the day playing on the stairs. I am going to print out some photos of Claire and put them up on my desk.

Anyone elses bubs obssessed with Stairs? As soon as Claire sees any stairs, she just wants to go up and down them. She could play on stairs for an hour or more if I let her.

Also - Food. What foods are your bubs eating? How much food? I'm getting hassled by the ECHN because of Claires weight (7.4kg) and she keeps on telling me she shuold be bigger/heavier and eating more at her age. So, what sorts of things are you babys eating?

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of the babies that have already celebrated their big day! Actually, on second thoughts - they're toddlers now aren't they? What a scary thought!

Sorry that I have been so slack with coming and giving my birthday wishes, but we have been very busy with trying to get the buying of our house organised. SO much paperwork to read and fill out and get witnessed and returned....don't want to do this again for a LONG time!!

We move into our house in 2 weeks from today, so I am also trying to start packing up all of our stuff, but I keep procrastinating when Emy is asleep, and it is impossible when she is awake - we packed up half of her bookcase this morning, and as soon as we put 3-4 books in the box, she would be taking one back out again and running away with it. She is such a funny little monkey!

Anyway, so then we are going to have Emy's birthday on the 12th April in our new house, and have it as a kind of mixed first birthday / house warming party - but obviously the emphasis will be Emy's birthday!

Karina and Cassie - hows the uni studying going? Are you enjoying it? I hated studying, but LOVE my job, and I'm sure you both will too!

Karina - Emy's typical day is:

Wake up somewhere between 7:30 - 9:00

Breakfast:
    - 200ml bottle of formula
    - 1/2 kids weetbix made with cow's milk, heated up, and with some pureed fruit on it
    - maybe 1/4 - 1/2 piece of toast with plain margarine, vegemite or jam on it

Morning Tea (about 10ish to 11ish):
    - varies - could be some fruit, or one of those Heinz Little Kids muesli bars or some of the cookie things, or maybe a little bit of something leftover from something (cake, dessert, stewed fruit, whatever is around) when we are at mum's house
    - some water

Sleep: usually about 11:30 for anywhere between 1 hour and 2 1/2 hours

Lunch (after she has woken up, so anywhere between 1pm-ish, and 3pm-ish):
    - usually yoghurt, or one piece of bread made into a vegemite and cream cheese sandwich, or some leftovers (depends on what it is), and then maybe followed with more fruit
    - more water

Afternoon tea:
    - not usually anything too exciting - usually just given to her to get her to be quiet while dinner is being prepared, but could just be a jatz, or a tinned apricot or something - don't want to give her too much so close to dinner!
    - mum has given her something from what she is preparing before, just to give her different tastes, so she has also tried gherkins, and cucumber at this time of day!

Dinner (between 5pm and 6pm):
    - maybe 1/2 a sausage, or some chicken breast, or a few beef chunks from a casserole, or fish fingers, served with vegies - she LOVES to pick up peas and corn herself from the highchair tray,
    - sometimes, if we are having chips ourselves (oven fries) we will give her a couple of them with her dinner as well as her meat and vegies - she LOVES chips!
    - or maybe an omelette with peas and corn in it,
    - or some tuna pasta,
    - or some of my excellent homemade spaghetti,
    - or some of my attempts at making vegie patties (usually pretty bad attempts!)
    - or when we have gotten home too late to be able to cook anything, some tinned spaghetti, or baked beans, followed by some fruit,
    - or whatever it is that mum gives her when she is over there, and I am at work - I think it is usually something from what they are having for dinner, or mum makes up some of her vegie patties for her (hers are soooo much better than mine!), or something else that is usually healthy.
    - more water

Dessert:
    - I don't usually give her any, but occasionally some custard with a tinned apricot, or maybe I have bought one of the heinz jars of dessert, and will give her some of that, or if we are having a get together at mum's or something, she will get a tiny taste of whatever it is that mum has made for dessert - usually the fruit bit, if it has any, like the top of a pavlova or fruit flan.

Bath time after dinner - it is a very messy process feeding Emy - she gets food everywhere, all over the floor, and her clothes, and her face, and in her hair

Bed:
    - about 6:30 - 7:30 (depends on how tired and cranky she is), with a bottle of cow's milk

I have just recently started giving her the cow's milk bottle at bed time, and cutting out the middle of the day bottle of formula, because she was sleeping for so long in the middle of the day, that by the time that she woke up it was 2:30 - 3ish before she would have the middle of the day bottle, and it seemed too much with both lunch and a bottle so close to dinner.

We have also been trying to get her to drink a bit more water, which she wasn't having much of when she had the middle of the day bottle.

I asked the child nurse about it yesterday, and she said that they say that 12 month old babies should be having 600mls of milk a day, but when I said that I was trying to get her to drink a bit more water, she said that it should be ok as she is still getting the fluids, and eats yoghurt etc, but to try also giving her some milk during the day in a cup - I tried it today, and Emy just spat it out everywhere... she was the biggest mess!

Anyway, I think that I have really got to go now, and pack up a couple of boxes, or I will have one very cranky husband - it's not my fault that he only has 3 days off before we move! He should still help me!

And, in case it's a while before I get back in here - a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the rest of the gorgeous kids that are still to celebrate!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast