Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #12

Thanks Bec and Rachel.

It's actually feeling more real now cos got BT results today and they say there sure is a baby in there. HCG 2300 units per litre and progesterone 53. Apparently they are good numbers but it is all double dutch to me. I trust my doc telling me that it all looks great by the numbers. Going by LMP EDD 18th April. I go back in 4 weeks to get referral for NT scan and referral letter to hossy... although I haven't spoken to Andy yet, I'm going to feel him out about a possible home birth. It's going to be my last bubba and it's something which I would like if possible. Funds could be an issue though, that's the only real hurdle. Anyway, getting ahead of myself... haven't spoken to Andy yet...lol. Still can't believe I'm doing this again right now... kinda surreal that bit.

Cass... Iz sounds so adorable. Funny little things at this age. Oskar deliberately does things while he is looking at me...lol...cheeky little monkey he is!

Cass, one of the public hospitals in Sydney offers homebirth as an option, fully covered under medicare as long as you fit their guidelines. Do you have anything like that in Bris?

Cassblob, Izzy sounds like a cheeky little monkey! So cute.

Claire is getting so clever lately. She is saying new words every few days. Today she said shoes (well it was more like "soos", but she was playing with my shoes at the time so I'm very certain it was meant to be "shoes"). So now DH is worried and he thinks she is going to be a shoe-holic. She loves walking around the house wearing my shoes. She even wanted to take my shoe in the bath with her, and my shoe HAD to sit on her table while she ate dinner tonight, just so she could look at it while she ate. She does some wierd things.

I've been feeling so ill all week so I'm hopinh to feel better tomorrow cos I want to take Claire to playgroup.

Hope everyone is well.

Heh heh, Karina, you think you have problems - S is obsessed with shoes as well and his favourite colour is pink I find that hilarious, so does DH - but my fil seemed a little concerned when we told him. I just laughed - people have such hang ups about how little boys and little girls should act, and anyway if he grows up still loving shoes and the colour pink, well, I don't have an issue with that either!

He seems to have turned a corner lately - still talking some sort of strange language of his own CONSTANTLY but he's nodding and shaking his head to a lot more things that we say now. It's really cool! I can ask him if he'd like a piece of toast or some sultanas or fruit or whatever, and he nods his head and then points to the fridge or cupboard, where he knows that food is... blows me away

Cass (izzy) good luck with TTC, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Nappies were on special at a Coles near us this week so I went in and got a raincheck for 3 boxes (they were out of newborns). I already have two boxes plus another two for S so I think that should keep us in nappies for a while LOL... I do want them both to be in cloth but I think I might struggle with two in cloth for the first few weeks so that's why I've got so many disposables. Besides I haven't got enough for them both to be in cloth fulltime right now - good excuse to be able to buy some more, yay!

Well, that's pretty much all the news over here, just put S down for a sleep so I'm off to clean up the backyard with M while we have the peace and quiet! Trying to do that while there's a toddler running around in the garden as well doesn't work too well as we discovered last weekend!

Bec, haha thats cute that S loves shoes and pink. Nothing wrong with that at all. I remember putting a blue hat on Claire once and someone told me "omg!!! she'll think she's a boy!!" and I was thinking what a stupid comment to make.
    Theyre so much more clever than some people think. Claire understands alot of things too and it amazes me. Like when we say its time for a bath she'll go into the bathroom and stand near the bath and start trying to undress herself (she can take her jacket off usually on her own).
    Cant believe you only have a couple more weeeks till your new little girl is born. Thats amazing. How are you feeling?

Cassie, hope you dont have to wait too long. I hated waiting those couple weeks for either my period or no period so I could test for pregnancy. I'm so impatient! I wanted to know straight away, lol.

Hope everyone is well.

OMG it is so true what you girls are saying. The kids know so much more than they get credit for. Tonight I said to Grace do you want some milk and she went to the cupboard, got her cup that we put her milk in, gave it to me and then went to the fridge..so clever! Anyway, don't get me started on that..i think everything she does is amazing!! haha.

How is everyone? We are well, getting very excited as one of our friends (one of the mums from mum's group actually but we are good friends now) is going in to be induced tomorrow, so very excited. Another mum from mum's group has already had her baby but we hadn't really seen her for 6+months.

Bec I can't believe you are almost due! How very exciting.

We had the big discussion last night as we originally discussed last year that we would like another baby when Grace is about 2 and half, which makes it around August/September next year which means that we would have to be pregnant in November/December...and that is really soon! My dear dear husband, he is such a sweetie, his response when I asked him,,,,'I don't want too big an age difference but it really comes down to when you feel you are ready to be pregnant again'! What a sweetie. I am off the OCP now as it was causing me all sorts of horrible issues (posted in another thread), but I am trying to work out my cycle (very confusing) so at the moment we can try to avoid getting pregnant but so that in a few months I should be pretty switched onto my cycle which will hopefully help. We don't want to try now as last time it was a one time thing and we got pregnant and we are not ready for that right now, iykwim.

Nothing much else happening here, just working and enjoying Grace and life...although really really wish we had nice weather..jealous of you qld girls

Take care.

Oh how exciting all you gals getting ready for your next bub. I want to be the online aunty for all of them :-)

Bec - hope your going well!

Rachel - they are just so brilliant aren't they. good luck with avoiding for the next few months :-)

Ariya has been v. sick lately as you may have ready with pneumonia but finally seems to be on the mend. temp is down and we are down to only 1 form of medication rather than 3 woohoo

Sarah, poor little Ari. Hope she is better soon. I get so sad when Claire or one of our groups bubbas is sick!

Rachel, how exciting about getting ready for another bubba. and how sweet of your DH to say that. Sometimes I think "yeah I'm ready", then I think "no way not yet!"I just dont know, lol.

Claire seems to be so bored with me at the moment though... to the point that when we saw her Family Day Care carer at Coles the other day, Claire started walking off with her and didnt even look back at me! She was grumpy because I was trying to get her to go in the pram and then our FDC carer walked past and said hello to us and Claire grabbed her hand and walked away with her. I was feeling rather rejected, lol. And at home, she always goes to daddy and follows him into other rooms. I dont know why, but everytime he goes into the bathrrom, she pushes open the door or stands there and bangs on the door. Its a bit wierd.. she seems to like the bathroom. Not sure if she is trying to tell us she wants to learn how to use the toilet or if she just likes the bathroom because its where the bath is (she loves the bath).

Claire is now saying more words which is very exciting. Her favouraite at the moment is "more" but she loves repeating what we say.
    She loves books at the moment too and she'll stand there pointing at her books saying "boooo boooooooooooooo" until we get a book for her (she cant reach it). We also have this book with all these pictures of babies doing things like putting on a hat, brushing hair, eating, clapping etc... and everytime we read it together she does the actions as soon as we open the page. Its so cute!

Hey, have many of you started using a bed for your little ones?
    Claire sleeps in a bed at daycare and she loves it... so i was thinking of taking the side off her cot so its like a bed for her. But I'm worried about her rolling out, or getting out of bed in the middle of the night, walking around and hurting herself. I'm thinking I'll go into her room in the morning and freak out because I cant see her in the cot and then find her asleep on the floor or under the change table or behind the door or something. Maybe I'm just being a bit too nervous?

um ok, wel its time for bed. Hope youre all well.

Hi All,

Bec have you had your bubba yet! Hop all is well

Karina, how cute what claire does with the book and actions! Yes Ari is a daddy's girl too but Xander is my little man so it's OK. We put both kids into beds at 1yr old as they are both restless sleepers and kept hitting the sides of the cot. DS didn't start getting out of bed until he was 3-4 and then it was to come straight into us. Ari is just in her cot with the sides off and a bed rail as we can't fit a single bed in the room (they have to share as we only have 1 air conditioner in the kids bed rooms) but I'm hoping to get her inot a full sized single bed as soon as the darn land lord puts in a second aircon. I love single beds as we like to lie down with the kids and read them stories and pat them off to sleep, so much easier in a single.

All the best to everyone else.

Cass - hope to see you soon 5 more sleeps till brisbane :-)
    Last edited by ~Saram~; September 16th, 2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: cause I can't spell

Has anyone heard from Bec at all? HAs she had her little girl yet?

Sarah yeah thats sorta why I want to get a single bed for her, but her room is so tiny and with the other stuff in there I dont think it would fit. She's in the cot still and while I can fit in there with her if she needs a snuggle, its a tight squeeze. USually I just bring her into our bed if she needs to be held. Or I'll lie down with her on the sofa.

I had a really bad case of "tired mummy moment" today when I walked out of Coles without paying for 2 things. I just went in to get a few things so I didnt get a trolley (if i get a trolley i end up filling it with stuff I dont even need) and I just put the stuff on the top of the pram. I had bought some weet bix for Claire and some biscuits, milk and fruit. Claire didnt want to sit in the pram so I let her walk and I put the bix and biscuits on the pram seat. Went and paid for everything else and then Walked home with Claire - she wanted to walk so I didnt bother with putting her in the pram. Got home and saw the two things in the pram... which I didnt pay for. I totally forgot and I was way too embarrassed to go back up to Coles... The lady at the register didnt even challenge me.. so now DH wants to go up and pay for the two items. I've just been doing so many dumb things lately! And no, I'm not pregnant.!

But anyway, Claire is getting cuter and cleverer every day. Shes growing up to be such a little girl. Lately she has taken a liking ti getting a tissue and "cleaning" everything. Her favourite toys at the moment are trains and cars. I dont know why, but she LOVES them and she pushes them along the floor saying "bruuuuuuuum".
    I love Claire!!

But, I so want another baby. DH doesnt want another baby yet. I think he wants to move out of Sydney first, and buy a house outside of sydney. He is on contract at his job until end of 2010 so if that means ages until another baby! Boohoo.. oh well, maybe he'll come round.. lol!

SHE'S HERE!! Sorry I haven't posted, I feel bad that I neglected you all!! Tabitha Catherine was born at 16:18 on Friday, 5th September, at the FBC in Subiaco. Went into labour at 11 clock with strong contractions about 10 mins apart, then we left for the FBC at about ten past 2, got there about 2:40 and baby was born about 1 hour and a half later... it was quite quick! I went again for the no pain-relief option and oh. my. God. I had forgotten how much it hurts. For some STUPID reason I thought it would hurt less the second time round!

Anyway, I'm loving every minute (well, almost every minute) of this gorgeous girl. It's so funny... I thought I wouldn't fall in love the same way as I did with S, but I have, and although I had also forgotten how sleep deprived you get, and it's hard with 2 close together, it's still great

Yay BEC! I've been hoping to see an announcement from you!
    Congrats and I'm so happy that everything went fabulously well for you again.

CONGRATULATIONS Bec...that is brilliant news. I am so glad that you are enjoying it all a second time around. How is Seb doing as a big brother?

Another good friend had her second baby yesterday (their first are the same age as Grace). She had elective c-section as baby was breech. All went well, he is adorable. Her second son so she will be busy! Makes me clucky for a moment but after the week we have had I am happy not to have anymore! haha...

Grace has had her first real sickness. Just a viral infection but boy o boy did it knock her for six. Out of the blue just developed a really high fever last Thursday (over 40 degrees)..which by Friday was up to 41.2 degrees and she was getting twitchy and was so miserable even with panadol and nurofen and no clothes. Then she went off her food and then developed diarrhoea...and has been SO clingy, especially to me. The hardest part has been her sleeping....she has not wanted to be away from me at all. So we have had a few sleepless nights because she has slept with us in our bed or the first two nights I slept on the couch with her lying on my chest as this is the only way she would sleep....poor thing. Was so horrible. I got her a little present today! Luckily, it seems she may be on the mend thank goodness...need holidays to catch up on sleep haha.

Sarah..poor Ari..and you guys. I can really sympathise...it is so hard when they are sick. Hope you get your healthy girl back real soon.

Cass...good luck with TTC.

Anyway, I am off to bed. Have to work tomorrow and feel like I need another week off to recover from this week!

Take care everyone.

OMG I feel like i have neglected you girls! its been son long!

A huge congrats bec that is just fantastic what a beautiful name! im glad your enjoying your self

Rachel - Hope grace feels better thats horrible when they are sick!

Karina - clair just sounds cute as a botton

Thanks all for your good luck wishes! Hopefully it will happen soon these two weeks are killing me, and this time i will find out on my birthday in 4 days, so it better be a BFP lol

Not much has been happening around here, its school holidays! Which for the first week the boys went to their egg donar opps i ment mother, which drove izzy insane she missed them so much every morning she walked into the boys room wondering if they were back yet. and just screamed to bits when they finally came home friday! It was so cute!

Izzy isn't in a big bed yet, i don't think shes ready she doesnt like lying in the boys beds, and likes her cot, when are you ment to change them to a bed ?!?!?! I was hoping a couple more years lol at least i know where she is at night (IM KIDDING)

Izzy is getting smarter everyday just how quickly she can pick stuff up is amazing. she loves reading books but only reads (her own language when she reads) one page and then has to get a different book lol! she knows what goes where and is just omg so clever. She knows know that when she wakes up in the morning she has to put her dummies in the fridge and she doesnt get them again until nap time, then when she wakes up she puts them back in the fridge its soo cute! Oh and if i forget to get them out of the fridge she wont walk to her room she just stays at the fridge and yells mummmmmmmmm...

We're moved now, closer to tim's work, its absoulty gorgeous and has air con which is always nice! Im starting work next week EKKKKKKK i havent worked in 2 years im starting to quietly get scared~

My best friend just joined this site, her username is mama-skittle, so if you see her around say hi, shes my best friend in the whole world and who i have been talking about (the one that went into the labour ward with me)

Agh there really isnt much else to say im just rambling because im tired! i shoul go to bed... hmmmm. yes better

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful time! and enjoying there bubs.!

Cass hope the pregnancy is going well

Night girls

Oh all this talk about new babies is making me all clucky! But its a llllooooonnnngggg while off for us still! Personally, I really want to have another baby in about 2010 but DH wants to wait till I finish uni (at least 3 more years) and have a job, and for us to be living in another place. I'm not sure that he realises he is going to be over 40 by the time that all happens and he has said he reckons 40 is too old! Silly man!

Claire has been really wierd the last few days. Just sleeping all day (she usually full of beans and doesnt stop moving) and screaming heaps (she rarely does this).
    I hope she is ok this week as DH is going away for a few days for Uni.

Cassie hope you get some good news on your birthday. Izzy sounds like such a little sweety. Claire is still in her cot too. I think that if we take the side off the cot then she'll get out and walk around during the night and DH leaves heaps of junk around (he seriously has about 20 times as much stuff as me and we just dont have the room for it all) and I dont want her to get into it and make a mess.

Rachel, poor little Grace. Hope she is ok now and you're getting some sleep!

I'm so glad the sun is out! Its been so nice to go outside and not be freezing cold. I'm hoping to take Claire to the pool later in the week as DH is off work, so he can come too (although he'll probably just sit on the side of the pool and not do anything). Anyone else partners a little bit "un-involved"?

Oh Bec... WOOHOO!! Glad all went well

Rachel, good to hear that Grace is better.

Oskar has had a terrible 3 weeks. He had a throat infection, then last week he got a tummy bug, vomiting and changing cot sheets in the middle of the night...gross!! Then this past week he still had a temp so back to the doc and ANOTHER throat infection! He's soooo over the doc looking at his throat that when he saw him the last time he burst into tears as we walked in the office, poor little mite. So, we haven't had 18 month needle yet. I am going to take some choc to give to the doc so he can give it to Oskar to try to make Oskar feel more comfy with him again and not think he's a big ogre. He doesn't do jelly beans anymore cos he said too many parents were all natural how dare you offer...

Cass, not going too bad, worst m/s seems to have passed.... am still doing that gagging thing in the morning, but it's before I eat so I can deal with that. Starting to get a podge now and am feeling that "thickness" around the waist feeling..lol.

Sarah, sorry we didn't catch up while you were here! I wanted to, but Oskar was just sick, sick, sick...lol. Hopefully he's going to give it a rest now cos antibiotics add up in cost!! haha.

Haha - Do you girls remember a time where we use to have so much time on our hands And post here almost every day~ Now its lucky if we get a chance to post once a month Oh the joys of mother hood

Oh Cass - I hate that gagging feeling thought it was even worst then the m/s. Hope your doing well

Well nothing really to report here, just thought i'd bumb us up hehe!
    izzy is just getting so much more Idependent! she won't even let me feed her breaky anymore! and is quite happy to go off and play with her brothers or alone (when they arnt here) then play with mum, Oh so sad!

I think its just so amazing that in 18months she has transformed from this very dependent little baby to this awesome little person that just knows so much! We're starting to learn what everything is called! We know our noes, eyes, hair, toes, belly, fingers! And she loves to sing (don't ask me what shes singing tho) everytime the music is on (which is alot in our house) she will bop along to it and sing laaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa with a few little izzy words to match~!

We've settled into our new house great But its a shame its on the market! NOT impressed! We love it here and so do the kids, so im not looking forward to moving if they sell it! Hopefully (this might sound bad) but because of the financial crisis at the moment and maybe going inot recession nobody buys it for a few years, you think that will happen!

Anyways i am off to the doctors! So better start moving!

Hope everyone is well! take care,
    Cass

Hi girls....

Cass...how did it go at the drs? Did you get your BFP? What a buggar about your house....hopefully they take a while to sell. I was thinking about how much the kids have grown too the other day....it is absolutely amazing that they can go from completely dependent babies to independent little toddlers with attitude...they are so funny aren't they...I never imagined how much she would make me laugh. How is work treating you? Grace is still in a cot too but we have been looking around for beds for the future.

Cass...glad the morning sickness has eased for you.

Karina...has Claire returned to her normal self? It is not nice when they are out of sorts. I have been taking Grace to the local pool each week for the last few weeks...she absolutely loves it...can't wait until it's consistantly warm and we can go to the beach..that will be fun.

AFM....not sure if any of you ladies have read a few other threads i've been on...but we are UTD!!! Sarah...didn't do so well with that avoiding thing lol. EDD 21/06/09. So we are just 6 weeks..early days. Haven't told family yet will do this in the next couple of days or so. Generally feeling ok but the fatigue has hit now...as long as I keep busy I can push through it ..if I stop that is it and I can't get back up..forgot how bad that can be. So..very mixed emotions occuring in this household..I am happy of course but in all honesty I am terrified! lol I don't remember being scared last time but I am this time, strange huh. We are very happy that we are so lucky to have successfully conceived after the first go again...I am just hoping that we are lucky enough to have another baby that is so wonderful and easy like Grace...please please please..haha. Anyway, that's about it for us...working on our outdoors..DH is building a side gate so that Grace can go outside and be safe, other than that we are just plodding along. Hope everyone else is well.

Rachel, OMG YAY!!! How exciting! I've got my fears too but what they are is to do with Oskar...like, what do we do when it's time to have the baby... we have no family nearby...hmmm. That's my main one really, I don't want him feeling all alone IYKWIM. I still sometimes have a nanna nap when Oskar has his sleep...lol. For a while there I was doing it EVERY day, I just couldn't make it through if I didn't have my nap! Hope you don't get m/s!

Cass, it would be great if they wanted to sell!! It's so nice to find somewhere you like living but such a bummer if it's a rental. Are you possibly preggers???? HUH!!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast