Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #2

Default Babies Born March 2008 #2

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here; http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...ch-2008-a.html

gee, i wish they'd put the link in when the thread gets closed!

thanks trina - ive got heaps of long sleeve, bodysuits with feet. i think i could use pants over those. i will get some thick leggings and those without feet. ive got some jumpers and long sleeve tops which i could use over the bodysuit. steve also bought a long sleeve spencer, it's so cute!
    lisa - thanks for the tip for checking his neck.
    He's till using 0000s.

i was so tired, i had a short nap and was so tired to wake up for lakshman's feed. Steve told me to sleep for an hr and gave lakshman some formula. i feel so guilty for sleeping in and letting him have some formula....

i have another question - how are your bellies right now. is it still wobbly? how long does it take to go away.
    Im going to start at the gym soon. steve said he'd give me the 3 mth membership at the leagues club as my bday present. they have a free creche so i can go during the day. need to lose 10kgs and get my tummy back in shape.

My belly takes a long time to get back to normal, i have about the same amount of weight to lose as you prama, i am trying not to worry too much and enjoy this time with Summer, last time with Tahnie i was frantically trying to lose weight as i was matron of honour about 10 weeks after i had her it wasn't fun. I am hoping that going to the gym and not stressing is going to work fingers crossed... I wish they would put the link in too very annoying for my tired brain... Don't worry the sleep was well deserved.

I hear my princess calling xoxox

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

My belly was a little bit wabbly just after I gave birth but to look at me wouldn't have known I'd just given birth hours earlier. Now it's getting tighter and unless I was seen with my 2 week old angel you can't tell at all that I've had a bub ever in my life.

Is anyone using a nipple shield? I have been using one because my nipples don't come out enough and it's the only way I can get Jazz to feed. I am trying to get her off the shield by starting her on it until she draws my nipple out and then taking it away but she just wont attach so I have to put it back on. Does anyone else have any tips? I'm gonna ask my midwife for help with getting her off the shield. I've heard prolonged use can slow/stop milk supply coz the breasts aren't getting the correct stimulation. Also, it's so hard to feed in public when ya have to put a shield on and then take it off again, not to mention messy.

I had planned to keep exclusive BF until about 5-6 months old when I'll probably be re-entering the workforce but I'm getting a little sick of it already. Thing is, Jazz wont go onto a bottle. She was fine with them while she was in hospital but now she wont take them at all. I don't know if the teat I've got is too big or if she's just so used to boob now.

Is anyone feeling really moody and feel like cracking it all of the time?? I am getting really adgitated with alot of things today and it is driving me nuts. My mum and hubby have been soooo good to me and really taking care of DJ and I just want to crack it at the most silliest of things. I want the house to be cleaner and the rubbish taken out etc and it still sits there. I don't expect my mum to take out the rubbish since it should be my hubby that does it..... Tomorrow morning we have visitors coming at 10:30 so I will be up for the early morning feed and cleaning afterwards me thinks..... I know people won't expect the house to be tidy but it makes me feel better in myself if the house looks organised. I am just a typical gemini and like to be organised.

Lisa - that is interesting on how much you feed Jake with the expressed feeds. We have upped DJ's expressed milk to 70-75ml because he is always so hungry after an expressed feed. He seems more satisfied after a booby feed. So, I think I will just take your advice and just feed expressed milk until he is full. I mean so what if he doesn't drink it all, at least he is getting what he needs for a decent sleep

Prama - re: clothing: I dressed DJ in one of the two-piece bonds wondersuit outfits, so it was nice and warm when we went to the shops, also had a singlet on him and a little hat. It was freezing outside today. But then when we put him to sleep at home all wrapped up, and he woke up he was soaking wet from sweat.... So it is hard to determine what to do, just follow your intuition on what you think is best

re: belly - mine is coming back into shape, well I think so anyway. I haven't weighed myself since DJ was born, but I think my body is getting back into shape quickly and I owe it all to breastfeeding. I am very thankful though, because I can't exercise for another 5 weeks arghhhh

Danni - I am using a nipple shield mostly because when my boobs are full and engorged, he can't find the nipple properly, it goes inverted.... I think it also controls the flow of breast milk that comes through when engorged and full too.

Now I can't remember what was talked about in the previous thread doh!!! I should have copied down all of your notes/questions.... doh!!!

Question for those who had c-section - I am getting twinges really bad ones on my lower left side..... The other day I thought I had a UTI coming on but it seemed to ease off.. I am wondering if it went to the kidneys.... so I wouldn't notice it etc etc a friend of mine gets UTI's but they go straight to her kidneys and she doesn't get any other symptoms and ends up in hospital. I am thinking of seeing my GP this week to get checked out. It just really hurts. Noticed it when we were out and about today. I wasn't even doing anything strenuous.......

Better go, hubby is calling me.

Shell xxx

Thanks girls, it's nice to know that im not the only one with a wobbly belly. i met 2 ladies at the chemist, one had her bub 2 weeks before me and the other 7 weeks. and they both had flat flat tummies.. i guess some women just naturally go back really quick. i thot bf was supposed to help too... maybe not everyone..

I use nipple shields, my nipples are still sore. even with them they hurt. so i use them all the time. they dont encourage as much flow as without.. hte LCs told me you wont get as much milk as well if you use them, combined with expressing. shell, lisa, obviously you've proved them wrong.
    When i feed with EBM, i use the formula to calculate how much he should drink, if i give him more than that, he either doesnt drink it all or throws it up. plus, breast milk is so precious to me, lol.. i have to express like 3 times to get 1 feed.

shell - its great that your mum and dh are helping, hope your brother does too when he comes back. even just watching dh for a bit. i do agree, i do get annoyed too. it's just when you're really tired with teh lack of sleep.. it doesnt help. everyone i meet keeps telling me it gets better. you are doing so well, so much better than when i was at your stage..
    ooopps i forgot to put a hat on lakshman when we went out yesterday. damn,

I've lost 10kg since the birth, my tummy is a little bit wobbly but not much at all...I've just started riding my horse again so that will change very quickly!

My belly is still a bit wobbly, but to be fair, it never really went back after Miss 3 lol. I have lost weight in general though since the birth, about 8kg, so I think the bf is working out well in that regard. (especially considering how much choc I've been eating, so glad GD is gone).

As for nipple shields, I used one for the first few weeks with Miss 3, the midwifes said my nipples were too big for her little mouth. I didn't have any problems with supply and she came off it fine when she had grown a little and we worked out proper attachment etc, I think she was about 5 or 6 weeks old. I ended up bf her for 13 months, 6 months exclusively, so it does get better.

Maddy was so cute tonight. I took her in the shower with me. I held her and hubby washed her. She was sucking the water off her hands lol. She loves the water which is nice, until of course she gets a bit older and decides she doesn't like it. Kids can be so contrary lol.

I'm with you guys on the house thing. I'm glad I'm finally feeling better with my pelvis and hips so can stand and do dishes and do laundry. Hubby has been good and has done all the evening meals for the last couple of months. (He still doesn't see a dirty dish unless I'm holding it under his nose though!) I do find myself getting a little annoyed with Miss 3 unfortunately, cos she leaves her toys everywhere. I think she's starting to regress a little in response to the new baby. She loves her and wants to kiss her and hold her all the time, and can sometimes be the most helpful big sister, but at other times she misbehaves, I think for the attention. I kind of expected it but I hope it doesn't last too long. Has anyone else found that with their older kids?

anyone still suffering from SPD???????? I am still getting psins

Lisa, my pelvis feels twisted again so am off to the chiro this week, different aches and pains from holding a baby etc also.

Jesstib my girls are pretty good most of the time they are generally not very helpful with tidying up anyway, my house is so small that all you need is a pair of shoes in the loungeroom and the place looks really bad and nobody else cares they just step over it. I have cooked every single meal when dh is home, he cooked a couple of steaks on the bbq last night but all he has to do is sit and drink and read a magazine while waiting for it to cook while i am making salad setting the table and doing all the work.

Kids have had choccy for breakfast, they found all their eggs in about 10 mins flat they are very good at sniffing it out hehehe.

Prama some girls tummies spring back but us over 30's may take a bit longer . Nine months up nine months down is Trinny and Susannah's motto . I've lost 15kg since I was pregnant so my belly is very wobbly. Enjoy your mummy muffin for a little while, you've earnt it. Rushing back to vigorous excercise before 6 weeks can interfere with your milk supply.

Jess with two little ones you'll have your good days and bad ones. I would just tell the baby what a wonderful big sister he had and how she was a big girl, she was a drama queen,loved the +ve attention and would try and be helpful . It wasn't perfect but we all had to get used to their being an extra person in the house. Now with such a large gap they're all complain coz I get to cuddle him too much .

Thanks girls - hehe, 9mths up and 9mths down sounds good! i had tear so have to wait for my obs go ahead before i can get back to swimming.
    true, after 25 your metabolism slows down after 30 it's downhill! lol. i havent lost a lot of weight, prob cos mum has been feeding me senseless. she goes back next week so i'll be starving. it will be nice to get back doing stuff. sitting at home on my ass is getting to me. im getting more confident with him, but going out is still a bit daunting.

My pelvis is still sore and it hurts if i get out of bed too quick. ive got a massage on thurs. cant wait. everything hurts when i stretch.

house is a mess too.. not too bothered now. jess, sounds like our husbands are same, he cooks well but cant see a dirty dish. he thinks htey can wait for days!

lakshman gave me my birthday present .. he was grizzly all evening, then went to sleep at midnight. well we went to bed at midnite and lakshman woke up at 7.30 for his feed! of cos, i kept waking up wondering if he's ok and when he was going to wake up. and my boobs were getting heavy and painful and leaky. but still it was 7hrs of sleep! i havent slept so long for ages, esp in the last trimester with insomnia. i dont think it will be a repeat performance tho, just grateful this one night!!

Men!!! My hubby just invited friends with their kids over for dinner tonight. I was like you have to be kidding.... I don't mind visitors but cleaning up after dinner for that many people is just too much for me at the moment and these friends never ever help me in the kitchen when it comes to time for cleaning up so it upset me even more..... arghhhhh I just said to hubby well, you can cook and clean up because I am definitely not doing it..... My mum will be home shortly as well, so she won't want to be cleaning up after a house full of people either... arghhhh these friends should have said we won't stay for long, just enough to see little DJ, and not expect dinner..... Sorry, I think I am just very moody today again.... I find it in the afternoons that I get really irritable and I think it is just from being overtired and not having enough time to sleep especially with so many visitors. We had visitors at 11am, then again at 2:30, and now we will have more within 30 mins time.... So, I have only managed to rest for 15 mins today..... I was soooo emotional last night, went to bed crying. Felt better today, mum and Doni helped to get things cleaned up a bit so the house looked better and it made me feel better. I know people don't expect to see a clean house, but somehow it makes me feel better.....Back on the dinner thing, other friends of ours texted us saying we should catch-up for dinner and there was no indication of whether that was at their place, and I can only assume they expected to come here and for us to cook..... Anyone else finding their friends are expecting too much from them? or am I just being really paranoid and sensitive??

RE: tummy and weight loss, I haven't even weighed myself yet, too scared too.... my belly is still wobbly even though it is decreasing in size.... and plus I think my breasts weigh more than everything else in my body hahahahaa I don't plan on exercising until the 6 weeks is up, don't want to risk it especially after the c-section. Everyone keeps reminding me that I had major surgery done and that is why I feel pains etc.... I keep forgetting that a c-section is major surgery.....

How are your nails girls? Mine are growing so long, they never grew when pregnant and now I am getting some nice long nails. Thinking of getting a manicure this week as a treat

Prama - good tip on the amount of breast milk to give bub. It is hard to know. We are now giving DJ up to 80ml and he drinks it all. The 60ml just wasn't filling him up at all, he would still be hungry and when he is on the breast, he drinks up heaps, I can hear it when he gulps it down, so I can only assume he is getting more than 60ml on the breast. What a great birthday present from Lakshman in letting you get 7 hours sleep, well done!!! I slept right through DJ waking up fro his 3am feed, Doni fed him for me. I must have been so exhausted. Felt so bad for sleeping through it, because I don't remember even stiring to wake up.

Jess - that is sooooo cute of little Maddy sucking the water from her hands.....

I am sooooo tired, I wonder if a 15 min nap will be enough arghhhhh I am so having a glass of wine this afternoon - gotta love expressing so you can manage to have alcohol without feeling guilty

Hope you all have a great easter long weekend.

Shell xxxx

Prama - love the new pic of Lakshman in your ticker he is soooo cute.

thanks shell! cant wait to see more pic of DJ. I didnt want to get too DJ in hossy, cos he was brand new and fast asleep.

ppl shouldnt be expecting you to cook!!!!!!!!!!1 they should bring something, or if DH doesnt cook get some takeaway.easy and no mess!
    we had friends over last weekend and we just bought stuff, and ppl helped around.

oopps gotta go, highness beckons to be feed!

FInally got a chance to get on here but not had time to read all the posts.. We are doing well here though very tired and my leg is still so very sore with the clot. It has been playing havoc with my milk and no amount of expressing will bring on more. LC thinks that becasue of stress form meds and clot pain and along with previous surgery I Just dont have the supply. SO atm Will has a top up of 60ml of formula after each feed and he is happy as larry. He si feeding every 4 hours and this has made life alittle easier at night. After 10 nights in hospital with him and nurses taking him out so could get some much needed drug induced sleep to be at home and oding it myself was abit bumpy to start. My mum has been fabulous and just let me cry when I Needed to and does the top up also. Hubby is still so nervous I realy felt for him becasue he had to come home to work an dmissed those early days of Wills life and the lessons we were learning. My ceaser was great and I was ready to ocme hom on the SUnday after just over 4 days but the clot thorugh us right out. A total of amonth away from home really took its toll on my head but the team down at RPA were fabulous and I will miss their special care.WIll stole so many hearts andhis pics are now on the wall of fame on the ward too *L* bless he is a bit of a tart when it comes to older woman too and was alwasy lookign at eveyone.
    Its been abit hard trying to keep my leg elevated with this clot as gravity has meant lymph drainage is not good and I essentiall have lumps the size of two oranges on my right under thigh. It feels as hard as an orange and also has the same feel of pitty skin. They are only superfical clots and they are hoping the clexane will rectify them and not throw the platlettes too far out.
    I have to have follo wbloods for this and GD and clotting factor but otherwise feel really good just as tired as the rest o fyou I Guess *L*
    The nurse will visit on Wed so it wil be interesting to see what she has to say re the formula top up an dlack of expressing..for usatm it really works and I Have ha happy healthy boy and beleiv you me after 10 days in hospitaol and many shifts of midwives I learnt to smile and say ok thanks and do what felt right for me.
    Grandma and Grandpa have just dotted on him and its been nice to be home for easter with hubby to and watching him with his boy. A totaly spoilt little boy our dining room tabel is coveredin gifts a sea of blue if you like *L* Peopl are so very generous.
    ANyway am off to feed WIll before we got o grandmas for anice roast dinner.
    SO nice to have found you all again I sure have missed you all and look fwd to catching up on posts peekign at pics of all these long awaited babies.
    Oh and great big huge hugs girls...I am still blown away we are mummys 1st or second time around its a mircale and I feel truly blessed to have this devine human being in my arms at last.
    Bron xxx

Bron - you have been through so much with your pregnancy and not to mention you are now suffering with the clot in your leg. Just take it easy, and how good is that with Will feeding every 4 hours, we are trying for that but still averaging every 3 hours for feeds. So well done It would give you a bit of relief especially since you have to deal with your pain in the leg. So, has your GD gone away? I haven't tested myself since DJ's birth, but know that everything is back to normal. I do hope that at least has gone for you so you at least have some relief Can't wait to see some pics of little Will, let us know when you get a chance to post some unless of course you have already and I just haven't seen them

Prama - yeah I thought it was very rude as well, they turned up and Doni cooked dinner, but I ended up clearing up, as much as I didn't feel so tired by then and felt happier in clearing up but still it is just rude for friends to expect dinner when you have a 1 week old baby. We ended up having a nice afternoon with them and I had a few glasses of wine, I think that also helped relax me and destress me a bit. Tomorrow is another full day, got visitors at 10:30 and then heading to a bbq at around 2pm at a friends place. They had their baby girl 2 days before we had DJ so that will be nice. We are both looking forward to that. I am hoping I can put DJ into a pair of his little jeans and top tomorrow Might try on his little addidas sneakers, they are very small and DJ has huge feet so they won't fit him for very long.

Well, back to watching 'So you think you can dance' while DJ is sleeping, he is due his next feed at 9pm, but I will probably give him expressed milk because I had the wine 1.5 hours ago, so want to make sure it is out of the system kehehee Probably will breastfeed and express more milk for the late night feed at around 11:30 or so.

Have a great night everyone.
    Shell xxxx

bron - welcome back! sorry for all that you've gone thru. you're home with little Will now, that's makes everything better.
    Take care of yourself, i'll write more. tired today.

shell - sorry you had to clean up, they didnt offer to help?
    i tried a pair of pants on lakshman, his feet wouldnt stick out, lol. have fun tom.

when you;re out at friends etc. do you leave bub in the pram?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast