Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #4

shell - i'll be leaving early, 10ish as im going to try the concord mums and bubs yoga. is monday ok. sorry..

teach - good luck tom!!

sj- sorry to hear, i hope its all ok. what can they tell by folds and creases?

went to get some active wear for the mums and bubs class. went to kmart and target and i was almost in tears. everything i tried on made me look like a hippo
    finally got something that looks ok.
    im pleased tho, it was my first shopping expedition by myself. lifting the pram is a bit hard..
    feeding poopy then off to hv lunch w MIL.

Hi girls,

What a night, took me ages to settle DJ after his feeds last night and this morning arghhhh I managed to catch-up on a little sleep and will hopefully get a bit more later this afternoon. At 2:30am he had almost 100ml of expressed breast milk in bottle, then was still hungry so I gave him another 10 mins on the breast..... Still took me ages to get him settled after that as well. I think his wind was making it uncomfortable for him and he was overtired. Seems to be better today though, had a good sleep this morning and is asleep now too.

Teachmum - I am only using the bamboo nappies, but they get saturated when he gets wet, but very absorbent so I love them, especially with the covers, couldn't use those nappies without covers. It is shame though because they are so cute on their own.

Naomi - thanks for the tips on the gas, he seems to be ok today but I will give the rocking of hips in his next nappy change. You look great Naomi, Doni showed me some pics of you on Facebook and for someone who has 12 weeks to go, you look fantastic!!! Hope you aren't overdoing things at work sweetie, make sure you get some rest.

Well girls I am going to relax a bit while DJ is sleeping.

Chat later xxxxx

mrs baj Guest

Hi ladies, just thought I'd pop in her and introduce myself.

I havn't had a chance to read any of your thread as yet but I'm sure you're all lovely and heaps of fun. I haven't come in earlier partly becasue with a premmie baby and a one year old a don't often have time but also when I have had time I genrally still end up going over to the belly buddies group to see how the girls are (only two apart from me have have there babies so far out of I think 17 of us!).

Anyway I'm 21, been married for 2 years next month, had a normal pg and birth with my son last year and 4 1/2months later found out i was utd again. This pg was pretty much problem free, i had a few bleeds early on then nothing till I had spotanious placental abruption at 33weeks. Ended up having my beautiful daughter at 33w 5d (3days after her brothers 1st bday) she's been well above the average right from the start and was able to come home at only 11days old. She's now doing really really well and weighed 2300gm last wed, which is 351gms more than when she was born.

Hope everyones enjoying there lovely little bubbies and hope to get back on soon to catch up properly

Kate

Prama - the creases not being even on both sides indicates that there may be something wrong with her hips. its likely that she will have to have an ultrasound to check hopefully everything will be fine... if not she may have to wear a brace or be put in plaster or worst case have surgery, pretty sure that it wont come to that thou...

Welcome Kate, congrats on the birth of your daughter and glad to hear that she is doing so well.
    Look forward to getting to know you!

oh SJ- I hope Molly's all right. sorry about that, it sux.. i've seen a little baby who had a brace on both sides. I do hope it's not serious, hopefully it's nothing, or something that can correct itself. big monster cuddles for little Molly.

Welcome kate! How sweet that she was born close to her big brother. Am so glad DD is doing well. xoxox

SJ - hope Molly Jane is ok, let us know how the ultrasound goes
    Prama - see you tomorrow morning at Stanhope Gardens

Managed to have a sleep with DJ a little under an hour then he woke up hungry but trying to space it out since he was only fed an hour ago and he got enough because i was spraying him on the face without even touching my breast haha it was hilarious!!! Poor little DJ though, I got him up to burp and it was all over the side of his face and head.....

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I've asked a friend to babysit Jazz for 2-3 hours one day next week so I can detail clean my house for the first time since she was born (actually, for the first time since just before my babyshower which was 2nd week of Feb!)

I'm so looking forward to getting everything ship shape and feel ready to tackle the huge job now that I'm feeling 98% recovered from giving birth!

I've also booked a photoshoot for Sat 26th. Hopefully will get a nice family photo and some good ones of Jazz. I have a few poses in mind.

shell - see you tomorrow! a bit nervous about driving so far w Poopy.
    will be good to have a decent chat tomorrow, and the boys can chat too!

Had our 6 week check up today. I still have a little bit of healing to go but am otherwise going well. Madison is going well too, weight 4400g(50th%), length 54.5 cm(50th%) and head circ 36cm(40th%).

However her milia has been pretty severe and has gone really dry and a bit crusty/scaly the last few days so the Dr prescribed some cortisone cream. She said it looks like a bit of excema as well. I'm not terribly surprised because both DH and myself require creams every so often for problematic skin and mine is really dry. We put some on this afternoon and her skin already looks soooo much better, less red and angry.

Poor thing has had her worst bout of colic today as well. We've given her three doses of infants friend and it seems to work ok. She has done two poos which is alot for her, as she usually only goes every couple of days. Luckily for us though she doesn't just scream for hours, she'll have a couple of minutes of crying and then kind of whimpers and then will settle in between pains. I did some tummy manipulation and pumped her legs and she seemed to enjoy that so I'll keep that up when she gets pains.

Danni - where are you getting the photos done, I had some nice ones taken of Piper a couple of years ago at Calico in Blackwood and Impressions in town (they do the face of the year comp with proceeds going to McDermott/Mcguiness foundation). I got upset though because the photos were so beautiful and I couldn't afford as many as I wanted so I take alot myself now and photo shop them. Check out the ones of Piper I uploaded the other day.

Well thats enough of me rambling on again.

BBFN

Trina -thanks for referring me to Donnalix (Infants Friend) DJ has had a good solid 4 hours sleep yeeehahhhh seems to be helping him with his colic/wind. I am sooooo relieved...... I am sitting up with a cuppa waiting for him to fully wake up for his next feed, don't want to wake him though, not until he is fully awake and ready. He has needed this long sleep

Jess - DJ has the same problem with colic/wind. We also bought Donnalix Infant friend also and it seems to be working, hubby gave it to him at his 12:30am feed and he is still sound asleep I woke up with a cup of tea ready to feed him, because I am sure he will wake up any minute. I don't want to wake him up for his feed unless he goes over the 5 hours. At least got a good sleep still very tired but thank god for at least a good solid 4 hours

Prama - it will be great to see you Doni is driving me down there since I still can't drive or lift heavy things (pram). My six weeks are up next week Thursday!! but I don't see Dr Wardena until 6 May. I feel great though, stitches don't hurt so I think from next week I should be right to do the things I am not supposed to do until 6 weeks.

Tummy manipulation exercises - tired these and he didn't do any farts from doing them, but he is farting more so that is fabbo

DJ is starting to wake up YAY

Shell xxxx

Jazz has her final check up with the midwife today, I've got a pelvic floor physio appointment tomorrow.

Guess who slept from 10:15pm until 5:45am!!! WooHoo!

wow im so jealous of these babies who sleep longer then 3hrs!! i just try and remember that most are a few weeks older then my little miss!

Shell- yes the infants friend is fantastic i love it!!!

we have a midwife check up today, hopefully MJ has gained well this week!

well she is asleep andi think i may head back to bed

Prama and I will be on A Current Affair tomorrow night for that story on the mums and bubs exercise class. I made sure I sucked in my belly this time haha

How is everyone going? I am pretty good, still feel pretty good after the good sleep last night. Might even bake a cake this afternoon. See how we go mind you......

Prama - little Lakshman is sooooo cute!!!! he has the cutest little face and eyes how did you go getting home, did you do that yoga class or give it a miss?

I took Jazz for a long walk in her pram so we could try and find one of our cats who has been missing since 5am yesterday morning. (No luck on the cat). The walk really settled Jazz, didn't send her to sleep, but made her quiet.

Shell, is it donnalix or infants friend? sorry i have BAD baby brain at the moment so very vague and forgetful... Glad DJ is getting some relief so hard seeing them in pain. I will check out ACA to see you and Prama.

Danni, Summer loves getting out and about most of the time too. Not good on missing pudda cat.

Sumz had her 6 week check today, little chubba has put on 250g in a week. She is now 5kg bare, 59cm HC 38.8.

Off to get some cleaning finished....

Jazz has gained 140g in past week. Midwife discharged us from her care and is very happy with Jazz's progress.

She is sleeping in the fetal position on my chest at the moment so I'm typing one handed.

shell - it was great to see you again and little DJ.. sigh.. he's so cute. love his hair! cant wait to see him grow! it was good fun today. looking fwd to monday.
    i went to the yoga class in concord, i liked it.. will try to go again. im so tired, running around. just about to have some lunch.

hi girls, yeah hopefully we'll be on ACA.

those in NSW, have you got bub's birth cert yet? We called and tehy said it will take 8 weeks!

Well we had our 6 week check up today and all is well. Paddy piglet is what he's going to be called from now on! He went from 5200g to 5950g in two weeks, 58.5cm long, 39.5cm hc.

Got my GTT for diabetes tomorrow and will go back to dr next thurs for results and a pap smear (they finally got hold of me )

I'm going to try the post natal excercise class at my local hospital. I've lost so much weight (I had to be good thru my pregnancy coz I was on insulin) that everything is flabby and my stomach muscles are non existent. Another 15 to go and I'll be done!

Prama I got the birth certificate about 1 week after I sent it (in WA). Centrlink even rang to hassle me about finishing the paperwork off for the baby bonus. Never been paid so quickly in my life!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast