Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #4

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I just rang BD&M in SA to find out if I'm meant to get confirmation of some sort (I didn't apply for a birth cert). They said they used to send a letter with confirmation years ago but they don't anymore. A quick check of the system showed they have registered Jazz though, that's all I wanted to know.

Prama - yeah and I just found out Doni will be in Townsville on Monday so I can't drive down there Well I could drive down to the park but it is the lifting out of the pram in and out of my car doh!!! Too far to walk down as well....... I might have to start up the following week, shall see how I go...... At least we can motivate each other, I just have to stop talking so much haha

As for birth certificate have not received anything from BD&M either, and sent our form in the week I got home from hospital so not sure how long it takes, but someone told me it can take up to 7 weeks and I even ticked the urgent box.....

Trina - Donnalix haha I thought it said Infant Friend on the box but it says Infant Drops haha such a nutter I am. But the drops are working.

Teachmum - wow little Paddy is doing well on the weight gain, congrats. good luck for GTT test tomorrow. I am waiting to see my ob to see if I need to get another test done. The diabetes doctor said I should have another GTT to see that it has totally cleared though, but said I could wait a while on that....

My mum and brother move out on Saturday, as much as I have loved having my mother here to help out I can't wait to have the house back to normal. I am just going to miss her helping me out especially when I am doing the 5:30am feed half asleep and she nurses DJ back to sleep for me. Doni is away Mon-Wed so I think my mum will probably come and stay with me, not sure, since she will only just move into her new place.

We decided to order in tonight since it is just us tonight, mum is at my aunties place and my brother is working. Expecting delivery of thai food shortly yummmm so hungry just did some expressing.

Have a great night girls.

Shell xxxx

Shell - dont worry, if you drive there, I'll help get the pram out. ours is heavy about 10kgs. so I'm sure I'll be ok. hehe, if it's heavy, we can ask someone to give us a hand.
    yeah, i have to stop talking too. haha. but it makes exercising easier. lol.
    Sorry that your mum and bro and moving out, the help is great but it's also nice for you and Doni to have DJ all to yourselves. I was sad when my mum left, it was great with all the help. But now, the 3 of us feel like a little family and we have our routine going.

teach - hahaha, Paddy piglet. that's so cute and well done!

danni - great that you;ve been checked out!

NSW BDM must be pretty slow, else NSW-ers very active! LOL, they said there's been a baby boom so it's taking much longer to process.

I dont have my birth cert for little miss yet either. Its been about 3 weeks cause i sent if off while in hospt. apparently more babies have been born everywhere!!!

Well we got her weighed today and i am proud to say she has gained 240g in 6 days!!!! yay for the liquid gold!

Dani- hope all goes well with the paed

teach- thats a great gain!!!

Shell- enjoy having Dj all to yourslef!

Hehehe shell, i went and checked the bottle this morning when i read about infants friend my brain is mush this week..

Prama i sent Summer's birth details off in the first week and still haven't got anything. My mum is right into doing our family history and is always in contact with BDM and she has been waiting for some sort of certificate and they said she is going to have to wait months as there has been so many births in Jan Feb March and they take priority.

Teach, what a little chubba! are you feeding him burgers? hehehe. Wouldn't it be nice if all our weight left us as they put on... wishful thinking!!!

Cooked a nice baked dinner tonight, was pretty good, house is clean and washing is up to date, i feel like i have got on top of things again YAY!!! We are off to Sydney tomorrow so Summer can meet her Great Grandmother and a few other people.

Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight xoxoxox

Prama - yeah that is a good idea, I might just get Doni to put my pram in the car before he leaves to go interstate and ask mum to pop over after work to help me get it out or just ask the neighbour to help me. I really want to go along on Monday especially for her first class and I really want to get back into exercising and this is a good excuse to motivate me we can motivate each other. Yeah I am going to really miss her but she only lives 10mins from home so she isn't too far if I need her.

Trina - haha don't worry my brain is always mush. Sounds like you have had a good day. Oh coolies on your trip to Sydney tomorrow especially so Summer can meet her great grandmother - sounds like a lovely day sweetie.

Beatrix - great weight gain sweetie, I didn't get around to getting DJ weighed this week so will do it next week.

Been a bit snappy tonight, not sure why, I haven't rested today, well at least I haven't slept anyway......... Might have to go to bed early to get a good sleep. DJ just been fed, so might head off shortly, not sure on how long he will sleep tonight, hoping for another 4-5 hour sleep kehehee

Chat soon
    Shell xxxx

shell - cool! see you Mon!

trina - lol on burgers! how wonderful if they could suck out our weight and stack it on. yummy din din! well done on the housework!

beatrix - woo hoo on hte weight gain!

i was soo tired! been running around the last 2 days. woke up at 4am today for feed and had about half hour sleep till 6, when i had get up to get ready to go to stanhope gardens. then got home, gave him a feed and rushed out for yoga. got back gave him a feed and had lunch at 3. went to have a nap at 4, felt like i just put my head down when DH came home at 4.30. he let me sleep till 6.30, and took poopy out of the bedroom. im still so so tired.... tomorrow's another day of running around.
    i have a plan to get 8 hrs sleep.. when poopy goes to daycare next year, im going to chuck a sickie at work and sleep! that's my goal! lol!

Well we've passed one clothes milestone. I packed up all of Maddie's size 0000 clothes.

With Piper I was happy with each milestone reached, but with my baby I want to stretch them out. Maybe I should think to myself, "maybe we'll have another" lol.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Congratulations and condolances Jess on Maddie moving up a clothes size.

Jazz is still 0000 and 00000 in some things, but her weight now is about the weight of an average new born.

Off to the physio in a minute for a pelvic floor check up. My darling sister called me this morning to see if she could come over, it's been a god-send...I've had someone to palm Jazz off onto to free me up a bit! She's coming to the appointment with me and will stay in the waiting room with Jazz. So happy!!!

Hi guys..

Was just told that the mums and bubs story isnt ready for tonight's ACA.. will have to be next week sometime.. oh well. sorry for the anti-climax!

Trina it's not the burgers that makes him stack on weight, it's the vanilla milkhake he keeps ordering.

Fantastic you've got someone to come with you for your appointment Danni. I went for my GTT today and there was an older lady getting hers done at the same time so she watch Paddy for me while they took my blood. So Shell don't worry about asking for help, plenty of people will jump at the chance just so they can get a closer look at the baby.

I'm really tired tonight. I think it's just all these weeks of broken sleep catching up and I haven't had my cat naps for the past few days. I didn't realise they helped so much.

We all must be doing a great job with the way these bubs are growing. I love it when they move up a size ... more chance to shop ...

yeah what an anti-climax Prama I was expecting it as well kehehe oh well typical media say one thing and mean another haha I should be used to it

Can I ask you all a question? Do you find you are the same person you were before you became a mum? or do you feel that you have changed? or does your husband feel that you have changed?

The reason I ask this is that my husband said to me this morning that I am not affectionate towards him and not the same woman he married. Now, for starters we have had my mother and brother staying with us for the past 4 weeks, and we aren't allowed to have sex until I am passed 6 weeks mark (doctors orders haha) and I get sooooo tired that I am just wanting to sleep all of the time or spend my waking hours feeding, burping etc So, yes i have neglected my husband but he is ALWAYS on his computer working, so cuddling up to him isn't something I can exactly do with the laptop in the way. Things will be better when my mum and brother move out tomorrow. I don't think I have changed, I mean I am more maternal and love being a mum, and DJ is top of my priority list, because I ahve to make sure he is fed, bum changed etc so thinking about others comes after DJ, he is now my top priority. Does that seem right, or is this the wrong attitude for me to have? I just want to know if I am doing something wrong.

Also, dealing with getting my body back etc doesn't help. Sure I stick in my belly especially yesterday for that current affair story, held it in so tight, but if I let go, well put it this way Doni refers me to being 1 month pregnant. I don't know about you all, but I don't like people saying that I am pregnant when I have just had a baby

Sorry for the vent, just wanted to find out what you all thought about this.....

Shell xxx

Shell you do change when you become a mum whether you like it or not. Life becomes about those little people we create. You need to tell Doni you don't like the way he refers to your body and if he wants a bit he'd better stop . He's a man so you're going to have to be blunt and say get off the computer I want a cuddle!

Keep talking about it and you'll work it out. Don't worry soon you'll be puting a lock on the door so you can dtd without interuptions. ahh the cycle of life...

Hi shell

For me I think it's yes and no. I am still the same person but at the same time I'm not the same, a lot more carefree person. I feel I have a bigger weight on my shoulders and part of my old life is gone and this is a new one. I do feel sad that the easy days of our marriage is gone. But I do love being Lakshman's mum.
    I asked steve if he thinks I've changed, and he said we've both changed. We are the same people but our roles have changed. Our feelings for each other hasnt. Before we were 2 individuals in a marriage, both independant and dependant on each other. we could do our own things. but now our roles have changed where he's the provider and im the carer.
    I do feel Im more of my oldself now, than I did at 5weeks. It's a very steep learning curve and your focus is all on your baby and very little on anything else, esp yourself. And you have to focus everything on bub cos you're learning everything on the job. And you're the no.1 person in DJ's life.

I found we got closer after my mum left. DH helped with feeding and changing him and all that when mum was around, but there wasnt the more intimate feeling as a family unit.
    Now it really feels like it's the 3 of us and we're a real family. And it's easier, for me, at least, to be affectionate and cuddly waddly without a 3rd person around.
    And it is a 2 way street. is DH being cuddly and affectionate to you too?
    I know sometimes in the mornings when we wake up for a feed, DH wants a big hug, but im like a zombie and half asleep and i just want to feed Lakshman, I dont feel like a big hug. Then I feel bad.

I think things will get better when your mum and brother move out, and you two spend more time together as a family. talk to him too about how you feel.
    It's hard with the body image thing.. It's tough enough caring for a new baby and not having much time for yourself like before, and then everything changes and you have to deal with your body too. Thats how I feel.

I do hope things get better. im sure it will. i feel better now than i did a few weeks ago.
    take care hun xoxoo

Thanks for the input girls.

I do think things will be different now that my mum and brother have moved out. We will find a routine and things will be back to normal. Hubby is really affectionate towards me, I always give him cuddles in bed..... I think it has been hard on him and me with my mum always home, so now that she has moved out eveything will fall into place like you said Prama

Hope you are all having a great day. We are going to head out around 3pm to see my mums new place haven't yet seen it.

Chat soon
    Shell xxxx

shell - glad you're feeling better!
    you have a wonderful husband and bub!!

we finally DTD

right sorry, had to get that out!
    DH said afterwards, God, imagine if we get pg again!!! as much as i cant wait to have another baby, i really can wait and would like a bit of a gap, not 2 in 1 year! oh imagine that!

Shell, our relationship has changed and it is normal for the male to feel left out as the attention that you use to give him, is now shared with DJ... he will get use to it and when you have no one else at your place it will get easier.

As for the body image think, DH is not happy with the way i look, he is not shallow, but is use to be not being so flabby... that was part of the reason that we had not dtd in so long (it really as been months) that and not wanting to hurt Molly!!!

gotta go booby call, have more to post, so will bbl!!!

haha SJ that is too funny haha DH and I have been counting down the days until we can DTD, i have stopped bleeding finally so all clear down there....

How is everyone going? We went out to lunch with friends down at Woolloomoolloo Wharf today which was sooooo nice and relaxing. DJ slept through most of it and I had a bottle ready to go, I soooo can't breastfeed him in public, he is way too vocal haha

DH is away for the next 3 days but back on Wednesday night..... Mum said she would pop over on Tuesday night to give me a break if I needed a sleep so that will be good.

Prama - probably see you tomorrow, need to remind Doni to put the pram in the car tomorrow before he leaves for airport and fix up the carseat. Hoping his flight is late morning

Hope you are all well.

Shell xxxx

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast