Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #4

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Quote Originally Posted by danniellabella View Post

I'm hoping Jazz will sleep even better tonight than anyother night. She's only had about a total of 2 hours sleep all day, the longest period of sleep was 30mins. She's been out of it now since 9:30 so almost an hour so I think that's her down for the rest of the night. I did have to give her almost a whole bottle and both boobs before she fell asleep though.

Well she slept 8 hours and then slept another 3 hours after her 6am feed

Hi Everyone

I did a list of the mums and bubs from the Due March 16th - 31st group....I know everyone is pretty busy so not all have posted here but it gives the Due March 1st-15th mums a little info.

10th March
    Melbell45 (Melinda) - James Alexander - 2.8kg/6lb3oz - 48cm long - 32cm HC

16th March
    AndiE - Cameron James - 2.9kg - 52 cm long -
    Robbo3 (Hayley) - Ari James - 9lb/4080g - 52.5cms Long - 36cm HC

17th March
    Reenie - Seraya Ruth - 3370g - 50cm long-

18th March
    *becstar* - Jacob Daniel - 6lb11oz -

19th March
    Ren - Espen Matthew - 4.3kg/9lbs8oz -55cm long - 37cm HC

20th March
    Ewol12 (Jo) - Isabella Rose - 6lb15oz - 48cm long -

29th March
    Frazaled - Samual Raymond - 8lbs 13oz -56 cm long - 37cm HC !Breech Birth!

31st March
    luey - Ethan - 3600grams - -

4th April
    Marcellus (Beth) - BOY - 9lb 7oz - 52cm long - 36cm HC

9th April
    ShoeGal - Baxter Stanyford - 7lb 4oz

Monitors
    - I have one..used to use it when I was outside gardening or the like, or when bubs moved into their own room at 1 year old, I haven't used it for a long time though.

MCN
    - So how many people here use MCN and have you done so before? Are any of you active members of NC? Ari has outgrown his NB size and is now in smalls and one size. He really out grew the NB ones with his heavy wetting long before he grew out of them in size iykwim. He is just starting to get the explosive poo thing sometimes but we have had no escapes as yet using fitteds and covers, my favorite nappies are some home made HB! Basics, bummer I only made 3 though.

Teachmum - Ari has a green IB D'lish that Sue gave us as a gift when I bought Nate some mediums...I love them . Ari was 5kgs at 3 weeks so has been wearing it for a while, we never had any leaks but we are just now at 5 weeks (not sure on weight) getting a good leg seal.

AllGirls - Did you go to the mothers group? My friend Mel and her new bub Mackenzie went to a group recently (bub born 28th Feb). I was planning on walking to the clinic today for the breastfeeding support group but it is raining again (as you know) and I don't want to drag them all out in the cold. Drop in is tomorrow so maybe if its better weather I will go then, I am not holding my breath though.

This rain is sending me crazy....at least I am not doing the school run in it though.

india44 - Congrats on Will's baptism. None of my kids are baptized but when Ari is a little older we will have a celebration of his birth like we did with the others.

ME - I have a blog, www dot robbo3 dot blogspot dot com, and there are heaps of pictures there. I also wrote my birth story the other night.

OK must be off now....

Bec
    - Will post you those nappies as soon as I can.
    Last edited by robbo3; April 22nd, 2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: fix link

Hi everyone.
    I've just been catching up on this thread and looking at the pics of your gorgeous bubs. It is nice to be able to put a face to a name I'll have to put some pics up too, when I have time...which will probably be never lol!
    Had our first mums group yesterday. Was really great to meet some other mums. There are 11 mums in the group. One mum has twin boys. There are only 2 girl babies in the group and they (and their mums!) didn't actually come. All the rest are boys. It's funny everyone (bar 1) I know who has recently had or is having a bub had a boy!
    It's great to hear that so many of you are going to the gym etc. I'm super keen to get back to the gym, have any of you ever done a body combat class? I am so addicted to combat! Try it if you have a chance, give it a chance tho cos it's highly choreographed and you will feel like a complete unco at the start. such a good cardio workout and very energizing!
    I'm pretty jealous of you girls who are getting pretty good nights. The best we've ever done was 12-5.45 but that was a one off. Thankfully tho Flynn is going straight back to sleep after his nighttime feed and not expecting to play (thank goodness for that!)
    This morning I was tidying up in our bedroom and had Flynn in there and he was following me with his eyes and giving me these big smiles! So rewarding after all the bad nights and crying episodes...makes you completely forget all the 'bad' stuff.
    Well I better go and hang my washing out before Flynn wakes up
    Catherine

Hi Everyone - Haven't been on for a couple of weeks and don't have time to read all of the posts but will do my best for the last few!

Bron - Congrat's on the Christening. We are going to get Caitlin Baptised but have not organised anything yet.

Danni - We are using an Angelcare Sound & movement monitor although I only turn the sound bit on if I am in the shower or out in the back yard hanging out washing. We like the feeling of having the movement monitor on mostly for peace of mind in case Caitlin stops breathing.

Things have been a bit stressing here. My dad had a stroke over in the USA a couple of weeks ago but he is all in the clear now. My mum had only been back home for 4 days when it happened, thank god she was there and not still here. He has all movement back and they have cleared a blockage in his corotid vein so hopefully all will be ok from now on.

Caitlin is doing well. She weighed 3.665gms last week at her weigh in. She is rolling over all of the time if we try to give her tummy time which is frustrating but also pretty cool! She is very vocal now, she makes these talking noises to get your attention and when you look at her she gives a huge smile! This morning I was folding washing and had her laying on the bed while I was doing it and I was talking to her the whole time about what I was doing and she was grinning and making her talking noises back! It was like she was having a conversation with me! I am still expressing and feeding her via a bottle (110ml) 4 hrly although my milk is starting to drop off. We give her a formula bottle for her night feed and she usually sleeps about 6 hours feeds (about 15 mins) and then goes straight back to sleep for another 3-4 hours which is nice for me to get some rest or sometimes I get up and have my shower while I can!

We are off to Cairns tomorrow until Sunday. Mark's firm is having a partners conference and wives and kids are invited - I'm very happy about that! When we get back from Cairns we are going to tackle the whole weaning off co-sleeping! It is time for Caitlin to sleep back in her own cot. She sleep's in it during the day but refuses to at night, I have tried everything from music to night lights but so far no joy. I may end up putting a mattress on her floor and sleeping on it for a few nights and then slowly moving out of the door! Will have to do some research on how others have done it but she will be 3 months this week and they say it is from 3 months where they can learn bad habits so we want to change this asap!

Things are very hectic at home. I never seem to be home to get things done! I am back playing netball on Wednesday's, it is so much fun - mid-week ladies (I am a bit too competitive for it though!). Hockey season also started last weekend. I am playing 2nd's this year which is pennant as I can't really commit to training for state league with Caitlin. It should be fun, they made me captain and we have a great bunch of girls in the team and should have a successful year once we get used to playing together. We lost our first game 2-1 but we had moments where we looked lethal!

SJ - If you are ever having a bad day or want to get out for a coffee/tea, give me a buzz. I am always up for going out!

Hi to everyone else - keep enjoying your bub's, will try and make time to get online more often - I promise!

Jo.

Hey Jo so good to hear from you hope your Dad is ok xo WOW can't believe Caitlin is nearly 3 months time flies. Good work on getting back into hockey and well done on Captain!! I can just imagine you on the field taking everyone on hehe!!

Thanks for the info Robbo3. Yep over the rain didn't go to Mothers Group today it has moved to the club now as it has finished at the health centre. I took the kids swimming instead tried to wear them out. I probably am in the same group as your friend, not so good with names plus there is so many mums in the group. Ari is very cute

Catherinemoses well done on getting washing out... my laundry is not attached to my house and it has been so wet that i can't even get out there . I've never done combat must give it a go sometime. Still getting over pump on Sunday legs are so sore that i have to fall on the toilet muscles don't want to work...

Prama ouch on the nipples that sounds really painful. The LC sounds like she has given you some answers, you are a tough little cookie still sticking with it good on you xox

Teach paddy is a real cutie what a big boy.

Hi all,

Been AWOL the past couple of weeks as my parents were visiting. Floods of tears (mostly my mum, aka nanna) when they left. I've had a quick wiz through the posts but haven't had much time to read them in detail ... suffice to say I hope everyone is doing well.

Cam weighed in at 4.1kg this morning (birth weight 2.9kg) ... in fact the little piglet has put on half a kilo in the past week and grown 3cm to 57cm. I suspected he was having a growth spurt because I could hardly keep up to him with his feeds. Instead of every 3-4 hours, he wanted a good feed approx every 2 and a half hours. And he's almost out of 0000 - at least he's definitely too long now for the 0000 wondersuits!

I noticed a few posts on wind. Cam suffers wind - usually about 90 mins after a feed (give or take). Poor little pet fair cries and then (thankfully) he farts ... a lot. I worked out a couple of weeks ago that it helps him fart more if, when he's got his nappy off, I pump and/or cycle his legs. Don't know if he just feels more 'free' to fart when his nap's off, but it generally helps. Other than that I'm using Infacol before a feed, and gripe water when the pain seems bad. Luckily he doesn't scream the house down, he just cries for a bit and then settles again after a fart or several.

So far 'wind' is the worst I've had to deal with. I'd be pleased if he's sleep a bit longer during the night, but he generally sleeps ok between feeds (I'm usually up to him once between 1am-3am, depending on the time of his previous feed).

Has anyone started a routine with their bub? I'm on the verge of starting a more strict routine with Cam in the hope he'll be awake more during the day and sleep more at night.

I shouldn't talk as I've been absent from the thread for a while, but I am wondering where my fellow mums (other than Robbo) from March 16-31 have gone? Hmmm, at a guess, I'd say busy with their babies ...! I know what that's like! Hope to "see" some of you soon if you've got a chance to post.

OK, gotta go as there's a few things I'd like to sort out around the house before DH comes home. I'm trying to get Cam used to being carted around in his Baby Bjorn carrier, so he's currently dozing on my chest while I'm typing. I figure the BB carrier would be the best option when I go supermarket shopping on my own again. We paid enough for the carrier, so I'm a bit reluctant to spend more money on a sling ... even though many of you swear by them! Anyway, I'll keep him in the carrier while I do my jobs ... might mean I'll get them done a bit quicker (if he doesn't fuss!).

Take care everyone,
    Cheers, Andie

allgirls LOL. I know that is what I'm going to be like when I go back to the gym. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I have done anything remotely active aside from give birth! We've been going for strolls I don't think that counts!
    Andie Wow! Cam sounds like he is going great! Flynn has been doing the 2 hour feed thing today. Must be having a bit of a growth spurt cos he is normally 3 - 4 hourly. I use my baby bjorn all the time. Flynn often won't settle down unless he is being held and while I love cuddles, sometimes I've got better things to do...like eat and do washing! (Gosh I lead an exciting life now!!!) I feel bad, I'm always dropping toast crumbs on his head while he is in it!
    Jo I'm jealous of you getting to go to Cairns. We spent some time up there about 3 weeks before Flynn was born and I absolutely loved it! Would love to go back. Have a wonderful time. Good luck getting Caitlin out of your bed. Hope it's not too stressful. The only suggestions I have probably won't help cos it's only if they hate the cot always.

Jazz is being babysat tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting my hair cut and doing my housework

I ended up taking Ari to the clinic on the way to pick up DD seems there was a break in the rain.

Bare weight at 5 weeks 2 days is 5750g and he is 59cms long, where has my baby gone???...I can't believe how fast he is growing!

Thanks AllGirls I think he's pretty spesh

Hi Andie - It sounds like Cam is doing really well .

DH wants the PC so must go...

Morning girls,

Jo- sorry to hear about your Dad, glad things are OK now, it must have been so worring for you, especially as he is so far away. I will give you a call soon, would be great to meet IRL!!!

Mothers group yesterday, Molly jane is one of only 2 girls in the group too, i think that there are abot 10 that are meant ti come, but attendance has been pretty poor, i hope it pics up.

QUESTION - do you still wrap bubs? i had stopped a few weeks ago, purely cos she kicked out of them, but did it again last night and she slept from 8.30pm - 3.30am and then from 4.15am to 8! think that i will continue that again, hope it wasnt a fluke.

As for the routine, no strict one during the day except for wake up time, but start the night time wind down at about 6pm so that she is in bed and settled for about 8pm. Doesnt always work, but it is great to have adult time (good for the relationship too)
    I find that i cant stick to a day time routine as i am off doing things most days. She sleep well in the car or the pram so she is getting enough if we are out and about, and i figure it is good that she can get herself off to sleep when she needs too.

Spoke to the MCHN about wind yesterday at Mothers group - she said that you can try many things bt basically you need to wait until about 10-12 weeks and it should be better... Molly is not in pain with it, just straining (she finds it difficult to fart - what a lady ) so she should grow out of it soon. Good to konw thou.

anyone heard from Jade??? was wondering how she was doing as we havent heard from her in a while.

will check out everyones pics when i get a chance and do more personals, been pretty hectic here as DH Dad is in hossy ??cancer ??TB so has been stressful (there is always something happening)

Hope everyones e;se is doing well and great to hear about the growing healthy babies

we had our 6 week check yesterday and doctor was happy with how he was going but said he's on the small side but not to worry. He's the right weight for his height but is not big enough to be in the correct avarage for his age she was really nice and said he was perfectly healthy but warned me that child health will say something to me about it but not to take it to heart as he's obviously content.

one positive is that he's BF now with only a bottle a day every now and then!!! and according to the doc he is very advanced for his age with his vision, movement etc...

Jake is 5kg now, 58cm long and his head is 37cm...he's in 0000 jump suits but has nearly grown out of the 000 Bonds suits

Hi girls!

Shell, DJ, Poopy and I will be on A Current Affair on ch9 tonite!

Poopy had his 2mth immunisation yest evening, I was nervous and almost in tears but Poopy didnt cry one bit, just a whimper when the needles went in. He's so brave! He's just slightly feverish and sleepy from it.

I didn't get my housework day. Jazz was really unsettled for the babysitter so I had to pick her up early. I'm not sure if she's feeling well. I fed her at 11am, then she refused food from the sitter. She didn't feed again until 4pm, and she didnt have much, I've just been trying to give her a bottle and she's only taken 35ml. She's very clingy as well.

hi guys
    A Current Affair > The latest news on Australia's most current affairs click on Post Baby Bodies.
    shell and i are walking right in front.
    Lakshman is the first baby with a hat on! hehe

Jazz has been asleep since 6:30 so a couple of hours. I woke her up to feed her. She did have some but now she's back to sleep again. Maybe I should just leave her to sleep. I just don't want a sleepless night. We took her temp but it's normal. Maybe she's just tired today because she didn't sleep at all yesterday until 9:30pm until 6am.

Am i blind?? I looked there Prama and it went to the celeb pics, i looked for ages everywhere???????????? Please tell me it isn't there or i feel really stupid hehehe.

Danni maybe she is just tired. Summer slept from 8pm until 5am had a feed (thank goodness) then only woke up cos her nappy leaked through so changed her and she went back to sleep until 8am fed again and went back to sleep until 1.30 this afternoon. She obviously needed it.

Kids drove me crazy this morning, lots and lots of fighting Mum ended up offering to take 2 for the night so i quickly took that while it was on offer. Looking forward to some peace next week just not looking forward to having to be so organized though.

I am going back to work in a couple of weeks

I wasn't going to but i like having a little money of my own.. I am only going to do a couple of half days to start with. They rang me and i have some client's waiting for me plus it's nice being able to treat myself. I'll just see how i go.

Ok I found it!!!! I had to go to a different site???? Me so dumb!
    You both look fabulous, a few close ups of little DJ how cute. I'll have to have another watch tomorrow to see if i can see Lakshman a little closer. Was funny when she was telling you both up the front to hurry up hehehehehe can just imagine you both gas bagging and forgetting that you were exercising hehehe.

Anyway i am so very tired nite nite ladies xoxox

hehe trina - we were gas bagging! lol!
    i dunno, om internet explorer it opens up on the same page but on firefox it takes you to another page.
    sorry to hear the girls fighting .. its nice of your mum to take 2 of them.
    and sorry to hear you have to go back to work... but i know what you mean abt having your own money.
    DH pays for most things now but i feel bad and miss my indepedence.

danni - sometimes lakshman sleeps long hrs, up to 4-4.5hrs during the day or goes straight back to sleep after a feed all morning. maybe her routine is changing? if you're worried ring tressilian or go to the mothercare nurse....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast